Does anyone carry 9mm uniroincally?

Does anyone here ACTUALLY carry 9mm or is it just a meme? Why would you unironically carry one of the least powerful pistol rounds available for a regular-sized gun?

Attached: Buffalo Bore.png (2856x1150, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T6kUvi72s0Y
youtu.be/T6kUvi72s0Y
youtu.be/https://ammo.com/articles/handgun-wounding-factors-guide
ammo.com/articles/handgun-
ammo.com/articles/handgun-wounding-factors-guide
youtu.be/pdjcYjSsIok
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The only reason I have a 9 mm because it is pleasant to shoot, inexpensive, and common. Other than that is a totally mediocre around and anyone who says otherwise doesn’t know anything about ballistics

9 target loads killed notorious big just fine through a car

Why would you unironically post on this site when you don't own any guns let alone be of age to own a gun?

>ranking handgun effectiveness by just energy
Yikes

>I have
Having a 9 (for fun) is fine, however if you carry it you're asking to be rekt by the 13%

How would you judge effectiveness? Things like recoil yes you apply common sense no one would carry a .500mag unless you're expecting a bear to mug you

Every handgun caliber is inadequate, also every handgun caliber is fine. I've seen two people get shot in my life on separate occasions and both fell over crying when it happened. Both lived. I know one was shot with a .45 AARP, but I'm not sure about the other, most likely a 9 or .40 since it was out of a full size semi auto.

Let me shoot you with it if it's so inadequate. I'm sure you wont mind.

Your mom unironically carries my cock in her mouth

Doesn't matter what you carry, all pistol ammo is basically the same. You're just poking little holes in people that close up. Doesn't matter if it's .25 acp or .45 acp, carry whatever you feel like because it won't make a difference. Carry a gun, carry spare ammo, learn your weapon.

If you need to kill people, us a rifle cartridge.

As you can see there's only 4ft.lbs between 9 and 45, so yes being shot with either will be as (in)effective

I see videos of cops killing people dead with 9mm and .40 all the time. They don't look to be that far apart based on your chart (which measures only one brand of ammo). It's not entirely far off from 10mm's numbers, a caliber which Jow Forums raves about, but one that is not very practical for concealed carry. 9mm is a practical all around round. It penetrates perfectly adequate, you're just being autistic and thinking that "knockdown power" is a real thing. Nope, you just need a round with enough penetration capability to hit vitals, and you actually like, have to be able to hit them. Good luck following up with your 500 win mag handgun.

Pleb opinion, people train to shoot centre-mass with .357Mag but train to shoot the head with .25acp

>It's not entirely far off from 10mm's numbers,
An extra 165 ft.lbs is a lot more powerful

Lots of cop videos exist also of 13%ers being shot like 9 times and still being alive too

>An extra 165 ft.lbs is a lot more powerful
You don't need it, 9mm can penetrate as far as you need to and then some.

>Lots of cop videos exist also of 13%ers being shot like 9 times and still being alive too
Exactly my point, you have to hit vitals regardless of what caliber you're using. With a higher caliber he has less backup rounds in case stress, target movement, etc fuck him up. It wouldn't matter if he hit the dude in the arm with 9mm or 10mm, it still won't incapacitate him.

I don't care if you train to hit the vagus nerve with 2mm pinfire ammo or train to hit the cowper's gland with .36 cal

Pistols poke holes, rifles make wound channels. Carry whatever the fuck you want.

There’s plenty of videos of people getting dropped by 9mm.
Personally if it’s good enough for cops to drop nogs with, then I’m happy.

This is simultaneously the most boomerfag and underagefag shit I’ve seen all day

shut the fuck up retarard
no one fucking cares

So why not carry .380? Lower recoil will help you in a stressful shootout

Attached: only 9.jpg (600x800, 73K)

I only carry ironically, moron.

Because 9mm is for poors and underage have no concept of money and 'boomers' actually have worthwhile jobs to afford decent cartridges?

>extra 165 ft lbs

The average highschool linebacker can hit between 2-3000 ft lbs.

165 ftlbs difference does not mean shit.

I’ll give (you) a checked but only because I feel bad for you being a nogunz

Pahahahaha

.380 is the absolute lowest edge of acceptable calibers because once you start going lower you get limited by specific guns with special holster requirements and lack of ammunition with modern designs.

Along with a significant increase in failure to stops.

>kinetic energy isn't an equation based on mass and velocity

That's what you sound like.

Energy is not a reliable indicator of bullet effectiveness. Read a book, nigguh.

What retard doesnt train to shoot the head with any caliber at all?

Focused across a body vs being focused in a .4 of an inch

>thinking that comparison means literally anything
Nice middle school level understanding of physics, senpai

ITT: MOTHERFUCKING, MOUTHBREATHING FUDDS AND SHITHEADS

youtube.com/watch?v=T6kUvi72s0Y

Watch that vid, you dumb plebs.

Attached: 1531524183741.jpg (3840x2160, 822K)

>shoot a bone helmet the size of a cantalope that moves and bounces and even then only a T-box shot between the eyes and to the nose will reliably not glance off.

Or you can aim at the largest target your opponent presents itself and is harder to move.

>Lucky gunner
dropped

So energy isn't everything?

So if less enegy focuses on .4 inches is better, why wouldn't slightly less energy focused into .355 inches be even better?

Hell, a 300ftlb .22 should outclass a 500 ftlbs .40 every day of the week.

>muh energy because I think it linearly scales with effectiveness

Just don't use data to show that isn't true.

Point to a .300ftlb .22 handgun cartridge lmao

Youre bait is shit but for the retards in here that are either too lazy to read, or to blinded by their over priced rounds, here ya go. As multiple anons have said already, and as it states in the article; rifles, rifles, rifles
youtu.be/T6kUvi72s0Y
youtu.be/https://ammo.com/articles/handgun-wounding-factors-guide
ammo.com/articles/handgun-
wounding-factors-guide

You didn't use any data to prove your highschooler claim dumbfuck

have you ever had an original thought of your own or is just memes all the way down?

In an actual oh shot moment but I cant think of a single agency or military that doesnt practice a headshot, why not practice it? Do you not practice reloads sonce most self defense shootings dont require them? Of course not, or so I hope

.22 wmr

Everything from 30 to 50 grain and 320 to 300 ft lbs.

>children routinely hit by 2500 ftlbs of high school linebacker
>people dropped by 390 ftlbs of 9mm
>GIVE PROOFS

Go die.

I fucked up the last two links
ammo.com/articles/handgun-wounding-factors-guide

youtu.be/pdjcYjSsIok

Sorry my fact and data blew apart your love of one of the worst cartridges currently, it had its day 80 years ago

This. The only reason I have a .380 is because it was given to me for free. And having an extended mag helps.

I'd rather hit 2 shots with 9mm than miss with the second .45 anyday.

>relying on a headshot to drop a target
>muh range training is like the movies

Aim center mass, but understand training for the headshot will not save you.

Where do you pull this 2500ftlbs from? A tackle is very different from a bullet, energy is being exerted in lots of different directions in a tackle

210 teenager sprinting at 20 mph.

Yields 2,800 ft lbs of energy.

Probably why concussions are such a big deal.

150lbs travelling 15mph will get you 1000ftlbs, but thats not what a tackle would be as a kid running is not a solid object in air, they're moving their legs into the ground etc.

>energy is not a function of mass and velocity

(You)

Once again, why not train to shoot the head as well? There is literally no reason not to practice it

You're making your life alot harder, especially when you'd be under the highest amount of stress probably in your life

Because it doesn't penetrate well in hollow point form. Read my fucking post. 9mm has adequate penetration against human targets and that's what counts.

Post your guns or take your meds gramps

LMAO op confirmed for Boomer faggot

Go buy some more adult diapers and prune juice old man

9mm is as much a meme as any handgun caliber. none of them have the terminal ballistics of a rifle so you might as well use a caliber you can carry lots of rounds of in a compact pistol for cheap so if you need to shoot more people or shoot someone more times, you have more rounds to back that up with
id judge it by how many rounds i can put in a target otherwise carry a fuck all huge ass derringer if energy is the only thing that matters

>little holes
I assume you must mean very close up, yeah?

Attached: hmmmm.jpg (1404x1271, 599K)

I carry 45 cause they dont make a 46!
*sip*