/rg/ - Raccoon General

Thinning the herd, my saga continues.
This little guy was creeping around the coop had his back turned to me. He's not the 30 pounder I saw the other morning, but he needed to be purged.
I aimed center of mass, the round was American Eagle .223 55 gr FMJ. It blew his intestines out and his back legs went limp. I gave him an anchor shot to shut him up. I swear I was aiming an inch or so higher, maybe my hand was shaking.
Gun used was AUG A3M1 with 4x ACOG mounted directly to the corvus rail. Corvus, your rail is brilliant, literally the only way to get low enough with an ACOG on an AUG.
I love this rifle, if I could only keep 1 rifle this would be it.

Attached: IMG_4116.jpg (2500x1404, 1.53M)

Is that a ratz can

i wish they made the plain corvus rail with acog cutout for the a3. i dont want anything with mlok or km on it.

Its just a simple picatinny rail with the acog specific cut on the rear.

I talked to ratworx about their can when they were doing them and found it weighed more than I wanted. They did not want to do a shot version of their can for me. So I'm using a YHM titanium can. I'm pretty sure these fuckers make the best lock-up fast-attach mount in the business. AAC's is bone headed and retarded with their ratchet that unwinds a notch after the first shot resulting in a wobbly silencer. I've heard complaints about the silencerco too, but the YHM is tits.

i know, thats what i want. i dont shoot at coons but heres mine

Attached: augNcan.jpg (4292x2736, 3.68M)

You are evil

ahh, I missed the "A3" / "A3M1" distinction in your post.
Details on your silencer and mount?
Are you using the silencer-specific gas piston with it? I found it brings the bolt-speed back to sane levels. Give it a try if you put a lot of rounds on that gun.

shut it up nigger, evil is that these little shits did to my chickens. I'm taking revenge and preventative measures to preserve the remainder of my flock.

Fuck raccoons they took about 15 of my chickens also.

There are alternatives to killing

My parents have coons that steal of their cat's food. I've offered to handle it, but they refuse and just put out extra food, hoping for the best. Last time they talked about it, they said there were at least six of the fuckers taking food. Next time they go on vacation and I have to watch the house, I will take care of the problem myself.

sandman s and da mount. i am using the austrian suppressor gas plug.
the can is a bit heavy but i only have two cans so this is it. i really like this gun though, lots of fun to shoot

Fight back, brother.
I've had great results thus far with 223, 5.7x28 and 5.45x39. Mediocre with 300BLK subs and 9mm.

Attached: IMG_4115.jpg (2500x1404, 2.12M)

Pretty nice. Gotta do what ya gotta do. I used to mainly whack critters like that with my shotgun. How far?

i forgot to add, i cant wait until they finally sell the 300 black out barrels, i really want one.

city faggot detected, sorry homo, talk therapy doesn't work on raccoons hell bent on eating your flock.

two types of traps to go for:
live traps and the raccon-hand traps
I've used the live traps but the smarter coons wont fall for it and the larger ones wont fit inside.
Hand traps apparently appear less threatening to the smart ones and will accommodate the large raccoons too.

My farthest shot is maybe 20Y on these guys. I can shoot from cover in the mornings and they dont see me.
I'm going to start with hand-traps and step my game up to the next level. I want this scourge eliminated from my coop area.

I think they've redone the gas-system entirely for the 300blk. I hope it translates accordingly to the 223 barrels in the future. Would buy another AUG if they do that.

Very nice.

Yeah, we trapped a lot, too. For best results, use sweet things rather than fishy/rank things.

I've been using chicken wings as bait. Was considering tuna?
What sweets did you put out, candy / chocolate?

Chicken wings will do, but these fuckers love marshmallows/marshmallow cream.

Thanks. I will get some marshmallows.

I will check these out. Thanks. Mainly thinking of just blasting them with my ps90 or one of my ar pistols.

SS198 has proven very effective out of my ps90.

Attached: ss198.jpg (761x401, 52K)

Not that I disagree with pest control, but if you weren't a retard hell bent on feeling superior to "city folk", you would realize what he was talking about.

But everyone knows you aren't that smart anyways. Kicking and screaming isn't going to change this. Bet you are a manlet too...

I bet. I've only shot SS197SR so far, but plan on picking up some SS198 soon.

Cincibro?

everyone knows you have HIV semen in your rectum from the black bull that fucked your wife and came back for seconds on your unwashed anus too. we all know it. its patently clear. you have a small penis too. and you're probably half chinese as well. and you donated to hillary clinton's merry band of kid diddlers too and your wife also fucks your dog too...
go fuck yourself.

Attached: hil_soy.png (867x924, 1.6M)

damn, project much?

I killed a medium sized rabbit the other day with a.50 Beowulf. Blew the intestines out and well the entire mid section of the body was blown open in the exit wound. The rabbit was nearly split in half.
Overkill but fun. The beowulf is a devastating round. I might post the picture if the thread is still up later.

just "reflecting" back at the city fag. its merely what I see.

>needing to take “revenge” on wild animals that don’t know any better

Please get therapy.

yes. im assuming your one of my cbus bros, which one?

How much recoil on 50 beowulf? are there subsonic loads available?

do you understand rates of recidivism, retard?

So because you're retarded and don't know how to properly secure a hen house, you kill the animal that's actually showing you where to fix your retarded shit?

>killing sly cooper

Have sex.

they're free range you nigger. the coop is secure as fuck.

dilate your cloaca, tranny.

Attached: tranny_attention_whore.png (732x721, 198K)

how the hell does recidivism apply if you’re just going to outright kill them, idiot? you clearly don’t know what that word means.

hah. you're truely retarded. fucking nigger tier IQ.
recidivism = 0% when they're dead.

You've obviously never dealt with coons. They are very smart and determined.

Seems a bit wasteful with rabbits, since you can make a nice stew with one.

In this thread we have 2 kinds of people.
> those that have dealt with raccoons
> those that live in a fucking basement and have never seen the country side, much less raised free range chickens.

The beowulf kicks like a 12ga shotgun but I have no muzzle brake on mine and majority of .50 beowulf owners get a muzzle brake. I have seen online some people with silencers shoot subsonic Beowulf rounds but I don't know if they are available on the commercial market or not.

> 12 gauge recoil out of an AR platform
sheeeeit!!

Attached: sheeit.png (800x598, 130K)

moving the goal posts, truly a high IQ strat!

>those that live in a fucking basement and have never seen the country side, much less raised free range chickens.

yikes, that’s some projection there.

I'll dedicate my next raccoon to you, my retarded friendo.

Attached: retarded.jpg (406x646, 41K)

Id only recommend making anything with a rabbit in the winter when there are no fleas and ticks around.
9/10 rabbits I shot back home in the summer and spring were covered head to toe in tics, fleas, and some even had sores on them. I usually just killed them and stuck them in a hole in a oak tree so only vultures would get them.

hah. its "reflection" I'm the one clipping the raccoons.

Thanks for the advice. I haven't hunted any rabbits yet, but it's on my to do list.

Raccoons will tear through poultry wire. They will chew through plywood. They will tear out window frames. If you do not deal with them they will get to your chickens if you don't have a high tech chicken prison. When they do get in they will kill every chicken they can get to, eat a little bit of one, stack the rest in a corner and leave. They are vermin. Pic is the last hen I lost to the trash panda. They did a good job on cleaning her up. The last raccoon I trapped had some big coon titties, so this might have been her group of offspring.

>Sob. Bad man shoot shoot cute trash panda. Maw-mee where muh tendies?
>No more tendies sweet-ums. Trash panda sent all duh chiggens up to heaven.
>Muh tendies!! REEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Attached: cluck.jpg (1200x1600, 1.19M)

Im OP, what kind of trap are you using? I'm able to only get the little ones in a live trap. I'm going to order hand traps but want advice on your methods. The only way I can catch the larger/smarter raccoons via chance encounter and luck.

Not OP. Addi g to bump thread. I have a live trap I just got from the local farm/ feed store that is sized for raccoons. Approx $55US. In another thread someone suggested sardines. I got my first 20-25 lb female a couple days ago with sardines. Two nights ago something got in and ate the fish, but did not trip the trap. Maybe the female's young. Last night nothing. Above somebody suggested marshmallows. I will try those and report back.

>They are very smart and determined.

for a retard maybe

It's hard to overstate how smart racoons are and how much manual dexterity they have. It's uncanny what they can with thier little hands. They can separate wires on chicken coops, slip in and kill them.
I pepper sprayed one the other day on a job site lol, then someone ran over it with a bobcat.

>then someone ran over it with a bobcat.
good shit.

Attached: hahaha.jpg (400x280, 20K)

Get off k reeee

Attached: dead russian copy.jpg (603x900, 188K)

So like 90% of the human population?

Imagine being this much of a degen that you think sex is the key determinate in life. Have an overdose.

>Capture pest animal that overbreeds
>Let it loose somewhere else
>user YUO ARE OF GENIUS NO MORE PESTS
Kicking a can away from you doesn't throw it away.

Thanks for BTFO the rest of Jow Forums with their lack of experience with the round

If I met you in real life, I would put a bullet in your brain for killing those defenseless raccoons.

Attached: 1559237560156.jpg (214x250, 6K)

raccoons suck

>White Aug
Brave

>using a suppressed PS90 SBR for varmint control

Fuck I want your life

Shot this little guy the other day. Not a trash panda, but a pest nonetheless.
>inb4 poorfag
Yes

Attached: Snapchat-1765605491.jpg (1836x3264, 3.67M)

:C poor lil guy

Well, you could always prove him wrong. Post your timestamped chickens. Or post your timestamped guns.

Fuck trash pandas. Purposely veer off road to do my part

Attached: image.jpg (1080x1920, 441K)

I really doubt it. Your unwarranted death threat tells us you’re one of those sensitive types who say things like “I would never trust myself with a gun”. More likely, you would organize a protest, maybe have an event at the local Fish and Game office to “raise awareness”. Then you and your purple-haired friends would talk about issues for a really long time. Eventually, you’d all agree that somebody needs to do something. After that you’d all go home, satisfied with a job well done.

think again, retard

Attached: n01a87yllvf21.jpg (4160x3120, 3.59M)

hand-to-hand combat

Attached: 0801131817.jpg (2048x1536, 849K)

you fucking stank pussy, whenever I hear someone hurl some bullshit death threat like that I know they have no "real life", and I can surmise you have no bullets and certainly no brain.
None the less, I will keep a mag of 5.45x39 loaded for your twink ass, an extra tumblin' bullet for an extra fruity twink.
My next dead coon will be dedicated to you, tranny.

Nice hit bro.

Doing God's work user.

>meme gun and magatard patch
So this is the face of the pro-raccoon force.

12ga 00 buck works wonders. Caught it in the chicken yard

Attached: image.jpg (1080x1920, 220K)

kudos for a unique method of handling the coon.

Attached: medieval.jpg (600x255, 26K)

>no timestamp
Wow, nogunz, nobody’s ever tried that before.

The one caliber I have available but cannot use openly due to lack of silencer :(
I wish I could get an integral 12 or 20 gauge, single shot or pump action to mitigate action noise.

Attached: IMG_20181231_150746.jpg (3120x4160, 1018K)

You ever seen a raccoon faggot ? they're not defenseless, humans are just OP as fuck IRL. Want him to try and huck some spears at it like a zulu warrior ?

yeah you could just write 500 yards on any target queer

>still no t/s

Thanks man, it was a solid center mass hit. Dropped him where he was, he was standing on his hind legs

how many times did you have to send it back before it functioned reliably?

>no timestamp
>staged pic
You’re just trolling at this point

what in the world is that thing? both gun and critter, I am intrigued

Based balance keeper. Killing anything makes me feel solemn. I've still had to and it doesn't cause me to hesitate, but I take killing seriously and try to end it as quick as I can.
I hope you do the same. Making an animal suffer is a mark of weakness.

I do my best to shoot them center of mass or upper torso if it presents itself, and I do follow up shots if they're not instantly dead. No need for the coons to suffer.

Killing raccoons is a country boi pastime.

22 HP works for me, they dance a bit after you hit them in the head tho

Why do raccoons need multiple rounds of .223/5.56 to be put down for good? Fuckers are robust.

>shoot raccoons several times with 5.56
>realize full size coons are even more robust
>immediately upgrade to real fucking nato for two legged predators