Why are spandex not used more in the military?

Why are spandex not used more in the military?
>tight fitting yet unlimited range of motion
>does not get caught on shrubberies or weapons
>aerodynamic
>can be camouflaged like any other type of uniform
>plus many more advantages
It's literally superior in every way

Attached: flex9.webm (1620x750, 2.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yDRfXr-ejCg&t=1266s
youtube.com/watch?v=OEMzWZgu7YY&t=790s
youtube.com/watch?v=0dSQqz-hDl4&t=818s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because its uncomfortable after long periods.

If only random bushes were at fault for wearing and tearing clothes.

Post more examples...strictly for research purposes...

Attached: 1551486515893.jpg (465x620, 37K)

A lot of guys like to wear compression shorts under their uniforms. You have to be careful when it’s hot as fuck and you’re going to be doing long movements because they can retain heat much more. I much rather prefer free balling in worn in Crye than wearing any sort of underwear.

Whats with all these fucking retarded threads on Jow Forums lately what are the kikes at shareblue trying to slide

Braaaaaaaaap haha

500D+ nylon is not flexible enough to do it, and using other materials would tear too easily.

Breh you gay

it's your first summer?

teenagers with too much free time now that school is out.

When i was roofing in the winter at lot of manily men wear really pretty floral compression legging for women under there pants.

They sell them for men but i think OP just like those guys is looking for any reason to wear something skin tight pretty and fourm fitting. There excuse was always that they where expensive (true) and why would they buy one when there wife had one laying around. (Idk maybe because it would’t say juicy on the ass and be hot pink?)

As you can see it's VERY form fitting. Your side arms will never get caught on extraneous clothing again.

Attached: yoga4.webm (1720x1080, 2.46M)

I'm pretty sure that shit melts on your skin if it catches fire

nylon melts numbnuts

Name?

Oh yes, I can see now the benefits of spandex. Just out of curiosity, what yoga pose is that? I think I'm going to look into more

>delicate
>melts
>extremely uncomfortable after a few hours, especially if you're hairy.
>the last thing you have to worry about getting caught on shit is your pants

Attached: 1560372316346.png (522x472, 47K)

Attached: 1560462925844.jpg (1242x808, 120K)

Lol, tell women that. They seem to live in the stuff now.

Summer Jow Forums. The kids who would normally be in school around this time are shitting all over the board because they've no job and nothing better to do.

A womans need for attention overrides comfort, hence makeup and all the other uncomfortable stuff they wear

You must be new here and have no memory of the rubber, flexseal, other borderline degenerate operator threads.

If you are expecting Christian gun talk, you are very much in the wrong place, Jow Forumsomrade.

I wanna lick her feet

Some of us guys like the attention too.

youtube.com/watch?v=yDRfXr-ejCg&t=1266s
youtube.com/watch?v=OEMzWZgu7YY&t=790s
youtube.com/watch?v=0dSQqz-hDl4&t=818s

when was the last time your cloth came close to burning???

Attached: stretch3.webm (1280x720, 1.56M)

When I was welding overhead with fluxcore and slag would pop off onto my pants

Kill yourself fag

>Fuck! I thought this was Christian Mingle.

When it was over a hundred degrees outside and an IED set a vehicle alight.

Grab your under armor shirt and pour a little super glue on it and watch it melt. Found that out while working in my garage. Shits cash tho, second skin type clothing is so comfy

There was a huge push to make everything non-flammable in the mid 00's because of all the IED explosions where people survived the blast, but the vehicle caught fire and people wold get burned to fuck before getting out, often having their uniforms melt to their body. Also flight suits were always popular for CQB before specialized uniforms for a reason. Fire is a big hazard when breaching.

Attached: 50050239_112588519852197_130827037175025239_nf.jpg (750x750, 57K)

Two piece OCP flight suits are now a thing and boy they are as comfy as pajamas. Don't even need the normal break in period like the normal pickle suit. 10/10, would recommend. Be advised they have the flight suit pocket arrangement though,

I'm more fond of wool mesh/net underwear than compression mumbo-jumbo. I tried using my 2XU gear, but it really wasn't for me.
I can't speak for warfighters, but for the hunts and hikes I've been on, I've yet to see anything that works better than wool underwear, a warm wool or fleece sweater in the pack for extra warmth, an insulated Jerven cloth if it turns sour or I'm posting, and a good shell layer with good ventilation options.
>regulates temperature better than sweat wicking moon fabrics
>doesn't smell after long periods of use
>high ignition temperature

Attached: WEB_Image WN Crewneck M OliveNight L 101630-60-1451889731.jpg (616x800, 57K)

Nomex garments can be made with some stretch. I wonder how they would work for this application.

wat? arent black winter leggings the norm?
why not just wear long johns?
are they gay or am i missing out on a comfy secret? both?
the male equivalent of winter leggings are fucking expensive for what they are but ive seen cheap women stuff in stores but i assume it lasts a whole 1 week of actual work.

every time I come to this board someone is posting asian women doing yoga

not yoga, but here ya go

Attached: 1557621128132.jpg (530x661, 84K)

This is Jow Forums not Jow Forums we're all secretly gay here

>It's literally superior in every way
no.
You're literally retarded in every way

>secretly

git gud

You can crave dick without being a faggot about it

Speak for yourself homo

Depends how often you deal with flash fires.

and that's a good thing

Attached: ds3.webm (480x813, 2.76M)

>his clearence isnt high enough to know about the spandex suits

that's where you're wrong faggo

Attached: 1554731821413.jpg (447x720, 42K)

I specifically remember one BDSM-user who was shitposting for a while about using fetish latex gear and gas masks in a SHTF scenario. That was when I learned they made gas masks shaped like dog heads.

TIGHT PANTS

TIGHTER GROUPINGS

Attached: rhodie landrover.jpg (891x1024, 185K)

My Gunny at MCAS New River banned them from morning PT. He called them catch me fuck me shorts. This was in the '90s.

that man is slanted

He's in the southern hemisphere, after all.

Fag

Because if you get burns while wearing a polyether-polyurea copolymer it basically grafts onto your skin. Imagine hitting an IED and attempting to tend to shrapnel wounds while essentially having to flay the guy to get past his base layer. There are probably formations that prevent that, but I prefer and free balling it.

Speak for yourself, faggot.

>body of a 12 year old boy
>face of a pan
disgusting. gook-loving incels need to be gassed

What does it mean?

Disgusting gook

Agreed

Attached: puuurfect.jpg (1836x940, 110K)

have sex

Attached: kevin.png (648x680, 281K)

To each his own

Attached: 1459447350495.png (1982x1133, 80K)

Attached: avg chink.png (883x837, 56K)

pathetic racist incel

Good point pol is overtly gay

Doesn't change the fact that Asians are fucking ugly.

that zipperhead iscute

you just know her pussy is reserved for black guys only

Still not convinced, user. post more examples.

Lycra is insanely comfy, especialy when you wear it longer.
-t. cyclist

Maybe they're just ill-sized but my compression tights will chafe the shit out my thighs if I walk around in them too much when not sweating.

>[These boots are made for walking echos softly in the background]

Endurance.
Someone going for a 20 mile jog each morning who cycles them every single day is different than wearing them all day, every day, for a week solid.
They're just not built to last, and the ones strong enough to are rather thick and can restrict movement.

>SECRETLY
user, come on

That probably means they are too large, usualy they sholdn`t move on your skin.
That`s not true, I`m using them to stay warm during winter as a base layer, they hold up just fine.

I absolutely positively don't like where this is going, at all...

Attached: 172.jpg (376x685, 27K)

Don't know about you, but...
I'm basically constantly on fire man.

Attached: 12nhgb.jpg (500x1240, 130K)

It's the beginning of summer. Worst part of the year.

Attached: 1550560136576.jpg (1024x1024, 110K)

>That`s not true, I`m using them to stay warm during winter as a base layer, they hold up just fine.
They hold up, sure, but only to the level of an incredibly active civvie
Push them much further and shit starts going bad.
It's one of the things that I think in five or so years will have been perfected by material science, but for now, no such luck.

>they hold up at work
>they hold up in the woods
>they hold up when doing sports
Why shouldn`t they last when used by the military?

Attached: 84FD478A-DC76-4354-918A-54CC9E6CEE5D.gif (384x288, 3.5M)

Try wearing the same pair for a full week without washing them

dunno about clothing, but there's a difference between a recreational hunting rifle and a service rifle, differences which would take up to 10 years of wide spread service use before becoming obvious to everybody and their mom.

Attached: avOQ3Bb_700b.jpg (655x733, 83K)

I wear leggings under my hockey goalie gear. I usually rip through a pair in about two months of in a playing a lot. Can attest, durability is sub prime, civvie stuff is designed for jogging lightly and hot yoga.

Pick out the human form in nature versus a semi baggy uniform. Spandex is ok underwear, but camo silohuettes is goofy

I'd rather have a spandex thread instead of Jow Forumstard forum slide cesspool #9163.

>tfw you will never kneel before Asuka to orally pleasure her in a summer dress
It makes me want to cry.

Because it melts into your skin when you get burned/blown up.

Also, some people are allergic to it, it doesn’t retain heat well, chafes, etc etc.

Another thread died for this shit.

>doesn’t retain heat well, chafes
The fuck are you talking about?
If it didn`t retain heat and would chafe, I guess cyclists wouldn`t use it during winter, yet they do.

>and would chafe, I guess cyclists wouldn`t use it
Cycling in a cyclic task with no variation in movement, and the spandex shorts they wear are made specifically to accomodate this movement.
Military versions must accept a wide range of movement and it tears spandex to shreds.
It can "Retain" heat for cyclists because they've got a constant biothermic output in their legs of a couple hundred watts of thermal energy.
All you have to do to "Retain" that is to stop most of it from being taken off by the wind, but if you don't have that constant output they do fuck all.
They need to bleed some heat off otherwise your legs would burn, whereas in the military you need to retain one hundred fucking percent of heat energy no matter what.
Spandex can help with this, but only as a complement when combined with shitloads of other military clothing.
You can't compare the thermal properties of 90% naked cyclists with a constant, multi hundred watt thermal output to soldiers carrying 100 pounds of clothing and gear

I mean, I went climbing with a lycra baselayer and had no chafing, I also went riding a bike with non cycling specific lycra as well.
Also a soldier packing lots of gear will have additional insulation due to the gear and tends to have a decent thermal output as well.
In addition to that, multiple layers are the key in winter.

ftfy

Attached: 1561458037971.jpg (997x613, 153K)

Retains sweat and heat

and that's a good thing

Attached: yogagf54.webm (1280x720, 1.88M)

what have you done?!?

Attached: 32n3xfv2.jpg (645x504, 89K)

Climbing is not fucking life or death combat.

The moisture wicking capabilities of wool are not as effective as polyester. Wool will make you overheat more as well