M16a1 or m16a2/a3?

m16a1 or m16a2/a3?

Attached: 1560378664732.jpg (2821x1894, 2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fX5RoaYqQ04&t=558s
youtube.com/watch?v=--W3sRED9-4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Imagine unironically carrying .223/.556

A2

Attached: IMG_20190624_105526.jpg (2387x2271, 987K)

Iron sights are so dated now but that is peak aesthetic right there.

M16A2. What i used in BCT.

>ak commie

Attached: ;).png (400x487, 257K)

I prefer to carry a 9mm. Open carrying a rifle is for attention seekig faggots.

>not using 45
>not using .357
>not using 44 magnum

Attached: Bruh.png (600x600, 652K)

The cons outweigh the pros with those calibers.

A2. It's more asthetic than the A1.

a1 for me

Attached: a1-203.jpg (1037x692, 374K)

heresy

heat shield ascetic is the same for a1 and a2
It's just a difference in iron sights and grips
so which has better iron sights and grip?

Attached: M16.jpg (300x274, 29K)

>so which has better iron sights and grip?
There's no consensus on sights. A2's are more functional, but also easier to accidentally rotate out of zero.
Most people agree that the A1 grip is better than the A2 because it wasn't broke, so there was no reason to "fix" it by adding the nubbin and removing the sling swivel point. Another argument is barrel profile, and A1 wins again because the A2's is legitimately pointless: thick at the front and narrow under the handguards. It did very little to address the problem it was implemented to remedy because it was later discovered that that problem didn't actually exist.
I say all this as someone who prefers the A2 to the A1.

Imagine not having any guns at all, like you

A1 with a car stock and a2 handguards

A1 is superior in every single way.

A2's are not more functional. They are batter target sights but much worse as combat sights.

XM177e2

Attached: 20190420_153748.jpg (2988x1681, 2.71M)

Why would you say they're worse combat sights?

Enjoy your non symmetrical handguards

They have too much adjustability, and the A1 front sight post is better.

The A2 is a vastly better target rifle, but the A1 is easier to acquire targets quickly, and shoot.

The only thing better on the A2 is the handguards.

Barrel Profile = A1
Grip = A1
Sights = A1
Handguards = A2
Length of Pull = A1
FCG = A1 (the burst cam in the A2 makes the trigger crunchy and generally horrible).

No better peak aesthetic and performance then a M16A2

youtube.com/watch?v=fX5RoaYqQ04&t=558s

A1's sights are horrible, A2 has a 200m setting for close range and a 300m battle zero with adjustment out to 800m

A2 is an upgrade in every way.

The A2 is horrible to use in field conditions. The A1 got the right mix of usability. No one is making 800m hits with an A2 on the battlefield.

>The A2 is horrible to use in field conditions

if the A2 sights are horrible to use, the A1 is even worse, which it is, to small a aperture for quick sight line up, the A2 fixed that with it's close range setting, and the long range (smaller hole) is better and concaved where the A1 was simply a piece of flat metal with a hole in it, which is just asking for glare.

Oh, I understand now, you're retarded.

prove me wrong, A1 sights are dogshit.

>too much adjustability
Like I said, more functional. A peep sight on top of an elevation drum that can be adjusted from 100-800 meters is a lot more functional than a peep sight that can just flip between "short" and "long" range. That doesn't make it a bad combat sight whatsoever. The FSP having less adjustability than an A1 could be called worse. The windage knob not having a bullet button could be called worse, too.

this, but with 20rd

Attached: m203_4.jpg (650x571, 96K)

The barrel profile and the extended stock were the most atrocious "upgrades" from the A1 to the A2; the A2's sights being knocked out of zero was more of an academic problem than something that came up under actual field conditions. But the longer length of pull made the rifle harder to use for manlets and with body armor; the A1 was "just right" for most of its users.

That said, the upgraded polymer in the furniture was a definite improvement, as well as the shift to round handguards over triangle ones - much more durable.

I almost mentioned the stock, and wished I had right after posting, but you're right. ⅝" never seems like a large number until you hold both an A1 and an A2.

It's useless for combat use.

It really isn't, but go ahead and believe what you want.

Attached: a0013.jpg (329x439, 38K)

Protip; you are not going to be adjusting your sights in combat. Ever. This is why you sight in at 25y and have the ability to nail a torso out to 300y with ease, and leave it the fuck alone forever.

This, whoever thought the block post should replace the pyramid needs to be shot alongside the abject retard who thought the burst-cam design was a good idea. In general, putting target sights on a combat rifle is about as designed-by-desk-jockey as it possibly gets

Attached: WP_20171126_003.jpg (2550x1489, 1.54M)

shut the fuck up unironically :DDDDDD

See I'm really not seeing a drawback to having an adjustable elevation drum. No one's even brought up the fact that it weighs more as a reason why it's a liability. So far the only negative comment about an A2 rear sight seems to be that it's superfluous, and it really isn't even that.

It's bulkier. It's more liable to break. It's far more liable to getting accidentally knocked out of zero. It's absolutely unnecessary.These are objective truths. Stop being obtuse.

It absolutely is superfluous. I did two deployments and was issued an A2 for the first, no one touches their rears after they are sighted in, you do not hit people at 800 yards, it is useless.

Thanks for agreeing with me

>.556

dats a big bullet

>Dot fai fai sick

M16A1 all the way

Attached: 1540332938882.jpg (2251x1395, 882K)

How many magazines does the typical US soldier carry? How many did they during Desert Storm?

M16A4 Master Race

Attached: 6865080809_f5fca040aa_b.jpg (1024x333, 137K)

210 rounds is your basic combat load (7 magazines)

A quick simple answer, thank you

About 14 mags minimum.

This, and with an A2 handguard.

honestly nothing beats old 5-rails

>m16a4
>BCM upper

pick one.

>but the A1 is easier to acquire targets quickly, and shoot.

Nope A2 is better.

A2 master race.

faggot

A2 is best girl.

The only advantage optics give you is when you are at and passed 300 meters in range. Within that, the only problem with irons is the fact that they have a steeper learning curve than optics, but once properly trained, can still absolutely be used in combat with little to no disadvantages compared to optics within 300 meters(which is like 99% of combat).

Angry opticsfag incoming in three...two...one...

Attached: Gulf War Aesthetic.jpg (686x459, 124K)

>Protip; you are not going to be adjusting your sights in combat. Ever
It's literally a fucking dial than you can just click into place.
>no one touches their rears after they are sighted in
> I did two deployments and was issued an A2
I'm assuming Iraq? Where most engagements within towns and cities happened well within 100 meters, thus negating the need to ever change your "battle zero"? I wonder why?

The virgin fire and maneuver infantryman
The Chad non stop suppressing fire until the CAS shows up Infantryman

Attached: M16A2 aesthetic.jpg (2820x1810, 2.46M)

That just isn't true and you either know it or are not very smart. A good optic is always going to be faster to acquire a sight picture. If you've ever shot anything outside of a square range you'd know how much a low power scope helps target id and actually hitting.

>Shooting man sized targets at 200 meters is hard
Okay.

>Shooting man sized targets at 200 meters is hard
>average engagement distance is 300m

>change your "battle zero"?
Hello Dunning-Kruger.

>>average engagement distance is 300m
That is heavily skewed by mountain firefights in trashcanistan.

Huh, I wonder what that fucking dial is for?

Attached: A2 carry handle.jpg (1024x683, 255K)

>The only advantage optics give you is when you are at and passed 300 meters in range.
This thread is such a hilarious bigthink, I love it.

Attached: WP_20180512_005.jpg (3072x1728, 1.17M)

Did it all the time when it was our turn on the wall, I cant imagine using a M16A1 and not being able to dial in to exactly we were supposed to be posted/overlooking.

Huh, I wonder what a fucking battle zero is?

>cheap trash can parts gun

into the trash it goes.

A1 nibba. perfect weight, perfect lop, dat pencil barrel

Attached: IMG_6589.jpg (4032x3024, 838K)

That

I want to like Brownells for offering up readily available retro components but I'm seriously triggered by the fact all the buttstocks have the pre-A1 swivel and the profile around the lower's front takedown pin isn't nearly milled down enough.

Attached: WP_20190129_004.jpg (2312x1728, 895K)

Protip; you don't know what a battle zero is, so stop pretending to be a hasserved okay?

>dat pencil barrel
thats a bad thing.

BZs are fixed sight settings for general engagement at 0-300y

if i knew details like that i prob still wouldnt care.

the only thing i have it to compare to and it was a quick finger fuck, was the colt a1 reissue. the only right away noticeable difference was the quality of the hand guards, which i took off anyways.

the brownells ones arent as "snug" and tend to shift and cause little autism triggering ridges in between them and the colt ones are rock solid tight.

Attached: IMG_6592.jpg (4032x3024, 947K)

If you're an aspie it's painfully apparent.
>the only thing i have it to compare to and it was a quick finger fuck, was the colt a1 reissue.
Oh that was utter garbage in more ways than the Brownells offering with the added eye-cumshot of costing double.

Attached: WP_20180405_003.jpg (3072x1728, 2.59M)

>He got the nomenclature wrong
BTFO BTFO FUCKING FAGGOT FUCKING FUCK YOU FAG
You're the dumb cunt saying you can't change your fucking zero. Sorry for swapping words cause apparently what you call it makes it invalid. Fuck off.

>saying you can't change your fucking zero
You stupid illiterate retard, go hang yourself for being a subhuman moron and then do it again for pretending to be a dirt-eating grunt on Jow Forums of all places.

>thats a bad thing.
why?

Attached: IMG_5805.jpg (4032x3024, 3.19M)

>try to act like you know what you're talking about
>get rekt
>lose shit
How embarrassing!

Attached: candyisonlyforpeople.jpg (900x1218, 146K)

imagine using these jam-o-matics for self-defense and war... kek

Attached: 1531606806062.png (743x1120, 62K)

yea i think the funstore cost was around 2500 bucks i nearly jumped back away from it. is there some sort of diagram or side by side to find all these things they got wrong?

Even 300 is nothing. I'm also a faggot whose gone shooting almost every week for 24 yrs.

You just pick things up as you go, retroblackrifle.com is a great source for basic info on all the older M16/CAR variants. If you want to really get into the nittygritty Chris Bartocci goes into an autism-laden rant about how utterly cocked and pathetic Colt's attempt at cashing in on the retro fad was. It's more of a disaster than you realize.
youtube.com/watch?v=--W3sRED9-4

Attached: 'namgote.jpg (804x1280, 566K)

Youre a furry loving cunt but youre also the right mixture of bullying cancer and informative to make you tolerable. That is all.

>No I never said that, I was merely pretending to be utterly fucking retarded, so now I'm gonna pull the vet card to get out.
Fuck you, this whole argument was about how you thought you couldn't change your weapons elevation on the fly and I told you that you're fucking wrong, now you're shifting goalposts to escape the autism. Fuck you.
>Giving a flying fuck what some tripfag thinks

>you couldn't
>couldn't
You're dumb. Like, really, you're an idiot. Unironically.

Maybe if you act more like a crying woman people will take you seriously. :^
I'm not a furry thx.

Attached: smugdeath.jpg (1000x900, 130K)

Dumb pogs didn’t know how to use their guns

>No arguments so he turns into a broken spellchecker
Now it's just summer in here.

Isn't that back when the Army issued out mags with manufactured dates putting them as older than the soldiers being issued them?

People actually too stupid to differentiate 'can't' from 'won't' don't deserve to be argued with, just relentlessly mocked. I'm mocking you, in case that isn't apparent. Put two and two together, maybe you'll come up with the equation I just laid out. Probably not, but I do try to help out the less fortunate.

Burst nigger be gone

But that's wrong, you faggot.

Attached: 1559946812987.jpg (540x486, 27K)

i just watched that whole thing and he shit all over "colt" and thought brownells was great

Kek it was Afghanistan I had the A2.

Wanna know how I know you've never used a rifle in combat?