Go to shooting range with dad

>go to shooting range with dad
>he makes me fire right-handed even though I am left-eye dominant and I tell him this
>I can't hit shit and he makes fun of me for it later in front of company
Anyone else go shooting with their dad?

Attached: DTABnb9U0AAv22I.jpg (768x431, 27K)

Idk what your relationship with your dad is like or what kind of company you were keeping, but I would have just played it off and said something along the lines of "Couldn't help it, I had a shit teacher". Some parents wouldn't stand for that, even when their kids are grown adults, so maybe that's not an option for you.

no my dad is a felon

My dad would just scream at me if i didnt get it right after the 3rd try.
Didnt spend time with me unless he absolutely had to. Would end up yelling over legos because he couldnt figure them out.
Fucker drank way to much aswell.

My dad left when I was still a child.

I recently bought my mom a G43 and got the frame inscribed, and took her to the range. She's familiar with firearms but not overly so; mostly sticks to wheelgats and fudd rifles. I let her shoot my AR pistol, but she didn't like it so I moved on and tried to help her feel comfortable with her new pistol and teach her a little bit about marksmanship.

She's still not 100% comfortable with her new semiauto but we can work on it together, when we get the chance.

Overall it was a good mother/son experience and a good way to spend a day.

My dad passed away two years ago. We never really bonded after I lost interest in sports in middle school. We both got into guns together and sorta bonded with that, but I still held a stupid ass grudge for dumb shit and never got to really connect with him. It really fucked me up that I didn’t realize how dumb that shit was until after he passed.

no offence but your dad sounds like an absolute dick

>You must be 18 to post

Attached: manlet hate.jpg (1631x918, 1.17M)

Wear an eye patch you homo

Father just did his father things around the house.

I was the slow son, brother is a genius.

But my grandfather was so cool.

I miss that old man so much.

Attached: John Good.png (371x504, 429K)

>this thread is now dadsad thread
every time

What do you expect? This board is just Jow Forums hobby edition.

I go with my dad and I tend to shoot as well as or better than him except with shotguns but we don’t care and just have a good time. Muh dad is one of my best friends

Why are gun enthusiasts also estranged from their fathers, or at least have a poor relationship with them?

>Jow Forums is proper representation of all gun enthusiasts
Remember where you are, we're just shut ins that happen to like guns.

yep.

Attached: Slavshitfamilypicture.jpg (1638x914, 338K)

He doesn't understand interest in guns and doesn't know I own any. Called him yesterday, visiting him this weekend. We get on pretty well. Need to keep tabs on him since Mom passed, make sure he's getting along okay. Maybe I'll take him shooting one day. My sister is definitely interested.

Can't blame your dad for trying to beat the snowflake out of his lineage.

btw pls like comment and subscribe

Attached: i know this feeling.jpg (720x525, 36K)

Your dad is a dumbass, lol
Try not to emulate him and you will do well.

Learn how to close your left eye or invest in an eye patch, loser.

Attached: eye patch.jpg (800x800, 43K)

For a moment I thought you meant you ruined a fucking relic from WW2 and I was about to explode

>go to range with dad who happens to be a rifle instructor and is very well versed in training people
>he has me shoot right handed even though I’m left eye dominant
>he doesn’t have to make me, he taught me that when I was like 10
>I have to close my left eye for about half a second before getting my sight picture, do this about once per mag.
I still go shooting with him pretty often, we went twice last week. It’s a lot of fun and a great way to bond.
A word of advice OP, RHLE people can shoot guns with their right eyes just fine, you can’t do that with bows even close to as well but there are a ridiculous amount of fixes for cross dominant shooters. I still get headaches if I am shooting for a long time with my right eye and the sights require me to focus a lot, but other than that I have learned to manage with the tips he gave me. Humor your dad and shoot with your right, keep your left eye shut the whole time, your groups may suck to start with but they’ll get better. Next time you go out open your left eye just before you fire, then the next time a little earlier until you can reliably focus with your right eye and tune your left out.
I’m fairly sure you are underage but that’s ok, the sooner you start this the better as you can learn habits easier.

>When I was a high school faggot dad would take me to the woods or range and we’d blow hundreds of rounds in a day
>iron sights only AR carbines
>scoped hunting rifles
>semi auto pistols
>then go home to detail strip and clean
>Little me was amazed
>Now that I have a job and expendable income I buy expensive wunderwaffe and amaze my dad with my collection
Thanks Dad

Attached: FBE0922F-9D87-427E-8FF1-D6388E725F4E.png (2208x1242, 2.11M)

My local bow shop has a customer that refused to get a left eye bow and wore an eye patch for 6 weeks to permanently change his eye dominance. The left handed version was like 10 dollars more.

No mine died of cancer when I was in middle school so not a lot of time shooting in-between chemo treatments. Enjoy the time you can with your father even if he's being a lame boomer sometimes, user.

>Makes me
What, does he cut your steak for you too? In what situation could he possibly make you do anything?

Sorry, should've been more clear.

my father had no interest in shooting. one christmas, when he was really down, I bought him a shotgun. thing sat broken down under his bed for months - literally became covered in dust. I force him to join me at sporting clays every once in a while, but I think he only goes for my company and to take in nature.

Cherish the time you have shooting with your dad, user

Attached: C1FBD37A-2720-4903-BB55-A7392E019F2B.jpg (500x500, 58K)

Dad took me to his lake once and he used a 40 caliber Glock. It was such a piece of shit I never talked to him again

Attached: 37DA8F34-D542-4757-BC6D-D5EAEFD8FAA6.png (1242x2208, 1.08M)

Not sure what the problem is.
Im left eye dominant but still shoot right hand with right eye. I can also shoot the same with left hand and left eye.

Don't worry anons. I can honestly say you can figure it out as long as you put the time and effort to seriously train.

I used to say and think the same thing, that I should shoot with my dominant eye but my mentor told me to just train to shoot with both.

I didnt believe him at first but several thousands of rounds later I can shoot both and even cross dominant holds. it just all boils down to experience and -

>knowing where to hold
>knowing how to grip
>knowing where the POI is for your non dominant eye
>knowing where to place that trigger finger for weak hand
>knowing how to pull and stage with weak hand trigger finger
>doing all of this in a mixed combination
>unlimited rounds to practice
>helps if you reload

All the time. Except my dad was cool.

>dad served in the red army when he was younger but moved to the us and had me here
>got me into guns at a young age by buying me a mosin when i was 10, "every boy should know how to shoot and maintain a gun"
>while other kids parents forced them to go to piano lessons he forced me to go to the range every week as a scrawny lad with a rifle taller than i was and fire for hours until my shoulder was bruised black and blue
>then had to go home and meticulously clean it while he watched until he was satisfied with the condition
>been shooting for a decade and a half now and he can still outshoot me at any range despite his old age and failing eyesight when we hang out
looking back I'm glad he got me into this hobby but the first years were hell on earth and i dreaded every day he'd drag me to the range

Attached: 1530498611091.jpg (1233x977, 181K)