CCW Revolver

Recommendations for a good revolver for ccw? Thinking either bodyguard 38 or ruger lcr.

Attached: 56547-DEFAULT-L.jpg (1350x900, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O1umkX3wM58
modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3250
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go for a stainless bodyguard in .38, it gets +5 damage on gooks

Chippa Rhino 200DS

Ruger SP101, .327 Federal Magnum 6-shot, 3.0625" barrel. I just got one of these recently except with dark/blackish wood inlays instead. It fits in the front right pocket of my cargo shorts and is basically invisible. That being said you could just have a holster.

Aside from that I'd recommend a .327 Federal Magnum LCR or LCRx using .32 H&R Magnum instead of the full power .327 because that shit kicks pretty stiff even in my SP101, I imagine it'd be unbearable in a pocket gun.

Forgot to post the picture.

Attached: Ruger-SP101-5784-736676057849.jpg_1.png (500x500, 151K)

Friendly reminder that 357 is pointless in a snub and the blast, recoil, and concussion will make follow up shots almost impossible unless you are extremely well trained.

Fuck you, stop shilling the Rhino and Chiappa. I made a post in what was probably your thread detailing all the different reasons not to use that shit or trust Chiappa. Eat shit.

Furthermore, I'm interested to see how you plan on concealing that obtuse abomination.

Yeah that's what I figured, I was thinking of just going for .38 special
Thanks user, might rent it at my local range to test it out.

Is it worth it to get a hammerless revolver for concealed carry?

It really only matters if you pocket carry.

I would suggest a 5 shot 44 special. If you load your own ammo you can use short burning powder to mitigate the concussive blast.

Hs-6 in 38 special is perfect for cc. Becuase there is almost no concussive blast. Just a wee bit of a pop.

To be honest i wonder what kind of powder factories load with sometimes. Because handloaded powder almost always results in less concussive blast.

38 LCR or an airweight J frame

How do you plan on carrying it?

IWB, either appendix, 3 or 6 o clock depending on what I find works for me.

Getting any of the revolvers listed above should be fine with a hammer then. If you were planning on pocket or ankle carrying there'd be some more criteria you'd want to consider.
Still kind of worth it if you feed it .38 since a .357 snubbie is made out of stronger materials. Makes practice sessions with your snubbie more tolerable.

>detailing all the different reasons not to use that shit or trust Chiappa
why is that

youtube.com/watch?v=O1umkX3wM58

Attached: 1540700666774.png (763x1051, 503K)

Whats ± damage on niggs?

Look at pawn shops or the pre-owned counter at your LGS and you'll find plenty of lightly used jframes. I'd recommend a standard airweight over the polymer bodyguard; proven design with a arguably better trigger and far more accesory options.

Attached: rsz_img_20190110_212739037_hdr.jpg (2016x1512, 813K)

I really want a Kimber K6 but purely for aesthetic purposes.

How much barrel do I need before 357 magnum is worth it over 327 or 38+p? I'm looking at open carry for my property and I have a shitbull problem.

4"

>friend of mine bought a Kaprivi rifle
>it's absolutely magnificent, perfectly machined, basically perfect
>same friend bought a kimber commander 1911
>it's been sent back to them twice

How? Why do they fuck up handguns so bad?

Smol boi revolvers with wood grips make pp hard

Attached: 1554759549944.jpg (600x600, 85K)

And what are you going to do about it?
Throw an autistic shitfit on a hungarian horse deoderant form?
Besides, it conceals just fine unless youre a skeleton or wear nut-crusher pants

The 1911 was designed to be a loose rattletrap of a combat gun that could just about shoot minute of torso at 10yrds. It does that job very well. When you try to upscale it to a tight laser accurate gun it's like making bespoke suits in that every fucking part has to be fit properly or the whole thing is fucked.

modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3250

>interested to see how you plan on concealing that obtuse abomination.
A holster and a loose shirt? Seems like it would be easier to conceal than a typical j-frame, and people conceal those all the time

But the k6 revolvers also have qc issues.

If it's open carry then is there any reason not to just go full Marty and get the 6" 8 shot redhawk? It comes in 4" as well.

327 federal is only slightly better than 9mm isn't it? What's the point? Just a gap filler between 38+p and 357 magnum.

Weight is the only reason. 4" is popular because it's a good balance between ballistics and handi-ness for a do-all, knock around gun. Also more comfy when seated in a holster is you're in and out of a vehicle with it a lot.

haha no
You can call it a gap filler, but it is close to .357 without most of the recoil.

Does Smith and Wesson make a quality product? The cuck lock makes me nervous.

and another shot
and shooting 32ACP is probably the comfiest thing in the world

how in the fuck are you pocket carrying a 2lb revolver comfortably?

>he doesn't keep his 7 pound 10" ruger redhawk 44 mag on his chest at all times

Yes, most of their products come in a version wihout the lock.

I've been thinking of getting pic related.

Attached: colt_agent_1.jpg (1000x546, 245K)

Outside of occasional QC issues, Nu Smith is generally a good buy. I wouldn't let the locks dissuade you, I own several w/ locks and have never had a related malfunction.

Attached: rsz_img_20190507_153610276_hdr.jpg (2016x1512, 655K)

is 3 inch enough if I wanted to shoot .357, or should I be looking at 4 inch

Attached: ruger sp101.jpg (1000x1000, 73K)

I have a 3inch sp101 and I like to shoot .357 out of it but I mostly shoot golden sabers which are reduced recoil .357

If you want more than 3 inches of barrel get a gp100 instead. The sp101 is for CC and 4 inch barrels make it awkward.

my lgs has a wiley clapp for 800, thinking about getting it

Attached: ruger gp 100.jpg (736x552, 80K)

800 is a little high for an sp101 imo

you could be looking at a nice used pre-lock S&W for that price

WRONG. I think there are a couple of j frame models that come without a lock and that's it.

Vintage aluminum guns are nice for collectibles but i wouldn't get one as a "working" gun.

You want peak performance for putting down nogs?

Lcr in .327 federal magnum firing Underwood extreme defenders

You want something easy to use? .38 +p j frame firing the new supervel loads / hst hollowpoints. Sw classic 38s are super cosy.

You want something powerful? Get an 8 shot .357 with a 3" barrel.

I edc carry a sw500 in a shirt pocket. My greatest fear is being attacked by a truck engine block.

Get a model 36 classic you buffoon.

Attached: 43736.jpg (1000x665, 145K)

Why would anyone do that when you can get a pre-lock 36 for less money that doesn't have a faggot hillary hole in it?

I'll post it when I get home from work.

Anyone who supports Chiappa should be hanged from the neck until dead.

What the fuck does a holster look like to hold a revolver that's like 4 inches tall, and how would you conform its fat ass to a curve without it just hanging out in the middle of nowhere? The gun is shaped weirder than fuck and in a way the precludes any reasonable method of concealment.

.327 produces almost the same energy as .357 out of a 3 inch barrel. I can't remember the exact ballistics but it's very close.

Furthermore, you get an ENTIRE EXTRA bullet in a compact revolver like an LCR or SP101. That's 20% more ammo.

I like the replies to your post, but honestly I don't see it as much of an issue. It's not that heavy to me. Not sure what to tell you.

637/360 or 642/340 if you really want that pocket firing meme

Oh yeah, and don't forget the clip

Attached: clip j frames.jpg (1504x1004, 363K)

It's also way more expensive for a questionable improvement in performance. Increased capacity is really the only thing you get.

>tfw no 9 shot 327 federal 627/redhawk

327 is pointless. Just download or buy weaker 357 if recoil is that bad. You don't need full power defensive ammo with 357 (for humans).

I carry this.

Attached: Smith_and_Wesson_637_Wyatt_Deep_Cover_Revolver_3.jpg (500x500, 44K)

Old J Frames make me want to either rob a liquor store or shoot someone robbing a liquor store. Oh and to grow a mustache.

LCR all day baby, in 9mm too. The moon clip loading method is the tits.

This. But seriously go LCR in whatever caliber you want. 9mm, 357, 38, 327, 22wmr I don't give a giggle.

Attached: 1547608379343.jpg (640x640, 75K)

So if 357 snubs are horrible to shoot gut guns for get off me distances then why wouldn't you pack something like a 454 casul Alaskan if first shot effectiveness is all you're going for?

If only there were other options for sleek Cyberpunk aesthetic revolvers besides Chiappa. I want something to pair with a Gen1 P99, and I keep coming back to the Rhino, since I used to have oneand liked it.

Attached: F2F13418-6D59-4A6A-9015-6748702EA394.jpg (1536x2048, 449K)

Chiappa as a company:
>Advertised the Rhino as the first revolver to fire from a 6'o'clock bore position, despite that being false. We've known about the virtues of low bore axis for decades.
>Makes silly gimmick guns and reproductions of Old West stuff, and that's it.

The Chiappa Rhino:
1. Aluminum frame that has been shown to blow up and take trigger fingers.
2. They make the 2" barrel version then add extensions onto it for the other sizes.

Probably other reasons I said that I forgot too.

>454 casul

Attached: Well, What Is It 4.jpg (600x769, 84K)

Why would you get it in 9mm? The whole point of revolvers is that they can handle larger calibers.

I pocket carry a S&W 637. It’s very comfy.

a naa 22 short revolver.

9mm is really efficient out of short barrels. In a 2" gun it smokes 38spl and is on par with 357mag. THat being said 9mm is still dumb for revolvers because carrying moonclips sucks balls for CCW and 9mm's taper crimp(vs38/357 roll crimp) increases the risk of the bullets jumping crimp under recoil and binding the gun.

>Shown to blow up
Wow, once with no real info about that single pic.
Agreed on that second point though. The SEEEAM is annoying but not a killer. I don’t like how they use cheap MIM internals either. That said, it really has few competitors for low bore axis wheelybois or super sexy Cyberpunk aesthetic revolvers.

I don't know why the Colt Python looks so cool and sleek, but when I look at other revolvers I'm luke warm on.

Attached: rsz_img_20190626_164536193.jpg (2016x1512, 696K)

I'm probably gonna get an LCR in 38 special with the shrouded hammer OP.

This is also Walter White's gun.

why are revolvers so elegant lads ?

kinda off your topic but why revolver for CCW when there's so many badass micro carry 10 round semi autos around?

recoil is noticably less on the steel models

Personally I think they are more reliable as they have less malfunctions like FTF or FTE, you can use larger calibers, along with the fact that in most self defense situations an average of only 2 or 3 shots are fired so as long as you place your shots the extra capacity simply serves as a security blanket. Plus they are just more fun so I would be willing to practice more to improve my skill at shooting with them.

lol'd
also, 340SC

I carry a bodyguard 38. Only issue with it is the laser seemed cheaply added on. Mine came off about a month after having it. Never put it back on. Other than that it's good. A little bulky for IWB but not bad.

1. they are more reliable that semi autos if fired from inside of a jacket pocket, where I keep mine

2. I like them

Bump.

LCR 9mm

+p ammo

New gun

>1st point
completely fucking irrelevant as to whether the gun is good to go or not
>2nd point
Again, completely irrelevant when you're trying to judge the Rhino or even whether or not Chiappa is a trustworthy company. The fact that these are your leading points and the only Chiappa-specific problems you can list show that you're just bent on shitting on the guns for no reason and are grasping at straws.
>Rhino point 1
shown... by whom? You mean the single picture of a single gun that ker-boomed? So by that logic, all guns are unsafe and you shouldn't use them. I can find you pictures of nuked S&Ws, nuked Glocks, nuked Rugers, nuked literally everything. Unless you've got lots of examples and some stress testing research to prove your point, I'm gonna go ahead and say you're full of shit.
>point 4
So your only coherent point is "I don't like the seam". Congratufuckinglations man, you officially just took the top spot for "dumbest arguments ever made on Jow Forums".

Attached: 1560877770996.jpg (725x555, 221K)

finally, someone on k who understands 1911s

get the lcr in 327 and feed it 32.

Pre lock 36 will handle +P just fine.

I feel like firing from a jacket wouldn't be safe with the gas escaping after firing a round but what do I know

good choice if the fudd lore doesnt scare you away. it did me because i'm smallbrain and unwoke. :(

> The general problem of choosing a gun
One should choose the gun they can shoot most comfortably and accurately with the most capacity and best ammunition. These criteria are directly opposed to a gun's concealability and portability:
Larger guns usually have more capacity and better ballistics but are harder to conceal.
Heavier guns usually have less felt recoil making them more comfortable to shoot but less comfortable to carry for a long time.
Stronger ammunition usually increases felt recoil, making the gun less comfortable to shoot.

> Semi-automatic/Revolver
The most usual choice for personal defense is a small semi-automatic polymer-frame handgun. Versus semi-automatic polymer-frame handguns, revolvers are simpler to operate and can shoot significantly more powerful rounds at the cost of being longer, a third heavier, twice as expensive (both gun and ammunition), lower capacity and taking longer to reload.

> Rounds
Small semi-automatics for personal defense usually shoot 9mm. Small revolvers usually shoot 38 special or 357 magnum. A 357 revolver will also shoot 38spc, but not vice-versa. Another common round is .22 LR, but almost everyone says it is too weak in a handgun for personal defense. Many other rounds exist but they are usually some combination of under/overpowered, obscure and expensive.

Cost per round, typically 9mm

Attached: z93meNe.jpg (1024x768, 203K)

great answers i think

bad

>> THE LIST

> Revolvers
As I understand, a 3" barrel is a good compromise between gun size and 357 ballistics. Ordered by weight when fully loaded with a powerful variety of 357 magnum ammunition:
(26 oz, 5rd, $650) S&W 60 Pro: Small, barely tolerable felt recoil
(29 oz, 6rd, $700) Kimber K6s: Smallest, somewhat better felt recoil
(30 oz, 5rd, $570) Ruger SP101 5719: Larger, comfortable felt recoil
(37 oz, 6rd, $700) S&W 66 Combat Magnum: Too heavy and large for us I believe, least felt recoil

There are two other revolvers I have not listed because they cost over 1000 dollars and 40oz, but fit into the middle end of the above list size-wise and have manageable recoil: the S&W L-Comp 586 (7rd, 40oz) and the S&W Model 19 L-Comp (6rd, 40oz)

> Semi-automatic polymer-frame handguns
Fully loaded with a powerful variety of 9mm rounds:
(21-32 oz, 10-17rd, $400-500) Glock 43,43x,26,48,19,17: The Glock range (ordered here by size) has every combination of capacity/size and has huge aftermarket support
(22 oz, 8rd, $400) S&W M&P Shield 2.0: An inch less long than the smallest revolver, little felt recoil (less than the competing Glock)

Attached: 40951-DEFAULT-l.jpg (1350x800, 136K)

What does better out of a 2"-3" barrel, 9mm or .44 Special?

9mm no contest.

Which leaves a larger permanent cavity out of a 2"-3" barrel?

44 will of course because it's larger diameter. The thing is there's no point to carrying a 2-3" 44spl because you ain't gonna pocket carry a 44 spl and if you're gonna belt carry then you could have 15+ rounds for roughly the same size/weight gun.

Kimber k6s

357 mag will always outperform (by quite considerable margins) 38spl regardless of barrel length. Muh 38 special is just as good is a myth. It is way more practical considering how terrible the recoil is, but the ballistics are far superior for 357 mag.

Kimber handguns are usually trash. Are the K6's different?

>Muh 38 special is just as good is a myth

>t. doesn't understand how handgun terminal ballistics work.

Attached: 1512703929367.png (449x401, 320K)