M&P 2.0 9mm

Whats your experience with this pistol?, its cheaper than a Glock, but also has been said to be a very reliable pistol.

Attached: gun-11683.jpg (800x800, 80K)

OP here, this is the compact version, sorry for not adding.

I have the original 4", 15+1 "compact" version if that's the one you're talking about and not the newer 3.6" version. I consider mine a full size handgun (especially since the full size is only 4.25", 17+1)

In my experience, it has been undoubtedly one of the best cost-performance ratio pistols I've owned/shot. I got mine for $350 and imo it has performed equally to the various 9mm Glocks I've owned (17, 19, 26) while being ~2/3 the price. The 2.0 significantly improved the trigger (which was a common complaint for the 1.0, with an Apex kit being the usual suggested remedy) and I personally prefer it to the stock Glock trigger. Likewise, I prefer the M&P ergos to a stock Glock, and considering it isn't really a compact pistol it has been pleasant to shoot. I've put ~3k rounds of various range ammo through my M&P thus far and have had only one failure to date: a failure to go into battery after ~300 rounds that particular trip (I assume the issue was excessive carbon build up).

That being said, the one (potentially significant) thing Glock beats it at is aftermarket. Obviously, the aftermarket for Glocks is virtually infinite and dwarfs the aftermarket for the, relatively, new M&P. If you want to choose between the two based on the ability to customize it to your tastes, Glock wins hands down. Likewise, if you personally have access to the Glock Blue Label then the price points for Glocks become essentially the same as the M&P.

tl;dr
They're great guns for the money. For best, cost relative, out of the box performance: M&P; if you want to customize to your specific preferences: Glock.

I have it, the Compact 2.0. I love it. The trigger is massively improved over the original, so no Apex trigger required. Ergos feel perfect, and there are 3 different backstraps to choose. The texture has been stippled a little more than the original juuuust right. Extremely accurate. 100% reliable so far. Even has a little rail under the barrel. I love the gun; it has been as close to firearms perfection as I've found especially considering the price I bought it for. I can't think of a single way I could've improved upon it or changed. I will own this gun forever.

I bought the 4.25" model when it came out as my first gun. Fired around 500+ 115gr and 147 gr ammo on it so far no problems. Stiff slide lock button is my only complaint. The rough texturing on the grip can be sanded down since it does wear out 2 of my fingers after a few mags and makes them itchy. I like the thin front sight. I think my Taurus TX22 has a better trigger so I'll probably upgrade that in the future.

>Taurus TX22

Upgrade.. to a full-size .22. OK, I'll biye. Why

It's the best buy you can get

I own HK, Glocks, M&Ps, Sigs. Without a doubt the most reliable are my M&Ps. I haven't had one malfunction with any M&P. Shield/1.0/2.0/2.0 5 inch all have over 1k rounds and have tested multiple magazines in each.
My Glocks have all jammed at least 3-10 times over 1k rounds, HKs are very reliable but tend to malfunction on very few types of ammo. Sig is good but I've had to replace many parts over the years.

There is one downside to the M&P, you need to get an aftermarket trigger to complete the gun. Some people weaken their springs and polish the trigger, but it doesn't come close to an apex trigger. Also look into good sights, but not a requirement like the trigger.

The compact is good to go. The only thing that bothers some people is the hinged trigger. It's cheaper than a Glock because Glock isn't selling them. Glock doesn't really have any doublestack pistols that are a size between the 19 and 26 so it's a slot filled by competitors.

Much improved over the original series. My 5" 2.0 is easily my favorite handgun I own. No issues in a couple thousand rounds and multiple USPSA matches.

I've got a Gen 1 .40 and it's performed great for me. The M2.0s fix all the issues I have with the Gen 1, so that would probably make it nearly perfect at its price point. I think the only reason it isn't more popular is that Glock has such a prolific aftermarket. I'd take the M&P over a Glock any day based purely on ergonomics.

>2.0 9C is bigger than the 1.0
Why. 1.0 felt like sex in my hands. It's just a thicc Shield with slightly better sighg radius.

Look up FN's line of handguns if you want something better than a glock for cheaper. S&W has zero military contracts and they're losing out a lot of LE contracts.

I don't own a 2.0 but I just put a new barrel in my M&P 45 after about 9 years of use. I can not think of a single malfunction or issue with it. Rock solid reliability and a decent shooter with an Apex in it. The only difference between the originals and 2.0s is trigger and grip texture.

I love mine, dropped the Glock and went with that. Picking up the shield next week to replace my g26 as well.

Any anons have the Shield 2.0 in 9mm? Thinking of getting one to replace my Glock 42.

I got one of these waiting for the final payment at my LGS it comes with a threaded barrel. I cant even get a factory threaded barrel from Glock for my 19x. I wish I bought this first.

Why are you recommending something that has never had a single military or law enforcement contract in the entire recorded history of mankind, over something that is used by about half the US market's law enforcement?

Your whole premise is "contracts" and you're telling him to buy something with none/less. Are you some kind of retard?

I have the 1.0 and it's my summertime carry opposed to my G17 for winter. Love it to death and it's bone stock with 2,500 rounds through it. Have heard nothing but good things about the 2.0. It's small, but I have just as much fun/comfort shooting it as I do a full size 9.

Shot the Compact version of it not long ago at a range alongside a Gen 4 Glock 19. M&P was more comfortable and seemed more accurate, but I preferred the shorter trigger pull, lighter weight, and easier slide release of the Glock. If I had to choose between the two, would probably go with a Gen 5 Glock cause I really didn't like those finger grooves.

Attached: g v mp.jpg (960x923, 206K)

Why are you recomending garbage? Somebody might listen to you.

i have the shield 2.0 in 9mm, love it
tried a shield 1.0 with apex kit and was pretty meh on it, especially the very slick texture. 2.0 has a great grippy texture
only thing I swapped out was the sights for ameriglo pro i-dot
definitely like the hinged trigger over glock trigger, and way more than the apex trigger

I have one. And its reliable. As nice looking as a Glock? No. However, Its very accurate, and affordable. Im happy with it.

complete trash.
hinged trigger is shit.

I second this post and would like to add contacts mean lowest bidder of barely functional dog shit.

I'll be upgrading the M&P trigger in the future.

Thanks for the mini review user. I used to carry a 1.0 Shield and hated the texture and trigger but love my 2.0 full size. Sounds like the Shield 2.0 is a winner. I'll go rent one at my local range to confirm.

Sounds like you've never handled more than a gun or two in your life or you'd know the M2.0 is middle of the pack, not the best but very far from the worst.

>All the based friends in here.
I always knew the M&P 2.0 was silently appreciated, but it's nice to see it.

I've got 4.4k rounds out my 2.0 compact and just about 1k out of my FDE longslide 2.0. The only failure was some Winchester WB (big surprise) having a fucky case that would not feed, so not the fault of the gun. Ergos are great, trigger is good, maybe even great. Sometimes I debate putting my stock one back on. I fully recommend.
>Pic
Turns out you can swap the slides assemblies between the compact, standard, and longslide 2.0s without any issues.

Attached: IMG_20190528_184447~2.jpg (3516x2664, 1.98M)

Terrible fucking advice right here OP, clearly based on countless hours playing CoD

>As nice looking as a Glock? No.
You're right, the M2.0 is way nicer looking than any Glock. Definitely the most aesthetic plastic striker pistol.