What happens if you bomb a nuclear plant

What happens if you bomb a nuclear plant

checkmate nuclear cucks

Attached: nukethis.jpg (2048x1431, 809K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_H._Zimmer_Power_Station
youtube.com/watch?v=_nTpsv9PNqo
epa.gov/radtown/radioactive-wastes-coal-fired-power-plants
youtube.com/watch?v=1mHtOW-OBO4
youtube.com/watch?v=X5_NWh8wbR8
youtube.com/watch?v=RZjhxuhTmGk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Nuclear_Generating_Station#Security_and_safety
youtube.com/watch?v=vbBk0Y6cQZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QwbkCa9wmtI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You create an environmental catastrophe
And then open up your own country for similar attacks, if not worse ones. That's if any bomber gets through, I'd imagine they would be quite well defended from air attacks

Near my home town we have a coal plant that has those towers (it was meant to be a nuclear plant).
On 9/11 and just after I remember seeing soldiers guarding the place.

There's usually some armed dudes who will stop you well before you can get past the many security gates, with reinforcements just a call away. If you do manage to get through it all then the glow nerds have probably locked everything down or depending on the size of the force flushed the operation rendering the plant useful only to graffiti artists and parkour enthusiasts.

Did they know it was coal?
Funny how those hyperboloid cooling towers have become more of a symbol for 'nuclear' than the actual nuclear symbol itself.

>Did they know it was coal?
Idk.
The plant has an interesting story. It was built to be a nuclear plant but when it was almost finished it had to be converted to a coal plant because of poor construction and quality assurance.

I'm sure they did. Nearly 1/3 of the electricity in this country comes from burning coal. There's good reason to protect coal burning power plants.

Depends where you detonate your bomb. For any environmental disaster you'll need to get the core, and that'll be a challenge

Most nuclear facilities are hardened

Ask Fukushima and chernobyl

You have to get through security then a large empty green space, then ~8 feet of steel reinforced concrete, a large airgap, more concrete, then about 10 inches of steel to get to the juicy stuff. It isn't a practical target.

Bigtime security. Even leaf nuke plants the guards will shoot you on site if you cross the 3rd fence line.
Fence 1:We see you and are keeping an eye on you.
Fence 2:We are sending a truck out to talk to you.
Fence 3:If you get to fence 3 before the truck from fence 2 gets to talk to you, you are shot dead on the spot.

Your question is too vague to be answerable. What sort of nuclear plant? What sort of bomb? Where is the bomb detonated?

Adding to this, the guys doing the guarding are typically ex military not rent a cops

>What happens if you bomb a nuclear plant
Not much. You see that big dome? Thats a concrete containment sheild. Its designed to contain a Chernobyl tier explosion.

So, all you would really do is break an extremely expensive machine

Nothing. You can't get anywhere near anything harmful, or build or acquire anything powerful enough to reach it from the street.

>placing diesel generators below the water line
>massive systemic incompetence
Nah.

In other news, who here bought american uranium producers stock waiting for mangos decision in two weeks?

There’s a lot more to it than that bullshit cover story

t. schizo

No, thats exactly it. It was basically retarded design leading to Japanese chernobyl. I work in construction. Shit like this does get overlooked though it shouldnt in a nuke plant.

>schizo
Now I know you’re shilling

Attached: sddTcgd.jpg (640x427, 74K)

Back to Jow Forums

There’s a report on what really happened floating around out there. Hard to find but it was thorough. In short, Stuxnet, 1 or 2 reactors weren’t even active and “exploded” (the smoking gun just like wtc tower7), j3w firm won contract to install special “cameras”, fake earthquakes that were 6.x instead of the 9.x which would have obliterated japan’s buildings. There was a ton of great points

Good luck.

Attached: Protective_Forces_at_Savannah_River_Site.jpg (700x465, 220K)

>Implying anyone dumb enough to target a nuclear reactor isn't just going to bomb the cooling towers and get laughed at forever.

>lmao what happens if you nuke a nuclear reactor?
>The DoD and DHS simultaneously: "HOLY SHIT user, I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT B4"

Attached: steven-seagal-sniper-trailer3.jpg (700x393, 29K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_nTpsv9PNqo

Nothing nobody ever votes for nuke

Attached: nuke.jpg (800x391, 69K)

Hey, just another perspective to consider. Don’t really even like posting this type of shit, consider it a gift. If you believe the 9/11 truthers, this wouldn’t be that far fetched

A meltdown at best. So basically nothing.

In the west most nuke plants have a big container building. If the core blows due to terror, you'd ruin the plant, not make Chernobyl 2. To make it that much more dangerous you'd need to pop the outer bunker shell... and at that point you're talking nuclear weapons or a long, sustained bombing that is way beyond the ability of peak ISIS, Al Qaeda, or most air forces

Were they National Guard?

Attached: 59F091DE-4E9A-4FCF-8222-40BCB62A2DF9.jpg (1280x666, 152K)

So if I left a dog turd in your mailbox, would you consider that a gift? I mean it wouldn't be my shit. And that big pile of dogshit makes for a nice conversation piece to keep on your kitchen is certainly another perspective on things. And it's frankly far less far fetched than the bullshit you just suggested. So go ahead, go gather some dog shit and leave it in a big pile right where mom makes the food for you.

lol not one for alternative theories I take it. Just flip on cnn or faux bud, I know it calms you and your simplistic world view

If you drop a nuke on a nuclear power plant the two nuclears cancel each other out retard

heh... we're burning coal and paying the toll... the toll is global warming... and the coal is coal

Just refer to this thread

Nothing, really. I mean you might create a power outage but that's about it.

nah, at worst you just broke the nuke and now they have to spend billions cleaning it up, but nothing is going to escape

Hey, you shoot a nuke down a nuke hole, you've got a lot of dead cucks

Hello fellow PA fag

Nuthin' much, the containment building which holds the reactor vessel is more hardened than your average bunker, most bombs won't even be able to penetrate the outer shell of the reactor building. On top of that the pressure vessel itself is usually surrounded in another layer of the same, and is itself made of exceedingly well machined high strength and high temperature resistance steel. On top of that if a reactor were to become a target they'd probably decide that it's safer to SCRAM the reactor than risk it taking a hit while operating, so even if a bomb were to penetrate both layers of several-meter-thick steel reenforced concrete and crack the reactor vessel itself the damage and potential radiation hazard will be contained within the building. Strangely enough nuclear plants are well hardened against nuclear attack, the thermal flash and shockwave of a tactical or strategic nuclear blast would do essentially nothing to directly damage a nuclear reactor, safe as it is behind meters and meters of reenforced concrete. It would be much easier to just bomb the power lines connecting the reactor to the rest of the power grid than waste munitions trying to trash the plant itself.

based vote rocker

Unless you use a hell of a bunker-breaking bomb, not much.
For safety reasons they will probably shut down the reactor, but unless you have a hell of a bomb you won`t even damage the containment.
You won`t even touch the pressure vessel, and that`s assuming you even get a bomb there in the first place.

They are designed to withstand a car that has been picked up by a tornado and thrown at it at >90 mph

Attached: nureg 1.76 excerpt.jpg (1338x1474, 284K)

A nuclear plant currently under construction in Finland is designed to be 9/11 proof, ie. to withstand an impact of a fully fueled airliner.

Attached: olkiluoto.jpg (606x558, 124K)

>Everyone I dont like is pol

Kill yourself. And your parents.

can it survive jewish tricks?

you must mean Limerick, it is nuclear.

It is Jewish tricks.

It's currently just under half on coal. 20% natural gas, 20% nuclear, 6% hydro, 2-3% solar, 1% wind, 1% biomass.

What are they going to do? Plink down a Max 747?

Pretty much every nuclear power plant in the world, even leaf ones, are staffed with a platoon's worth of heavily armed security, mostly ex military dudes.

Bruce Power in Ontario trains of the most competent private SWAT units in the entire world (won the world swat challenge 3 years in a row), and they will shoot you dead if you fuck around.

Funny story, coal plants create more nuclear waste than actual nuclear power plants. Google that shit. So it's smart to guard them any way.

Attached: 1251594894122_1.jpg (126x95, 3K)

There is one plant in Nebraska. I went there for an HVAC job once and it's like walking onto a COP. People take that shit seriously.

the reactor SCRAMs. unless you're russian and bypass the safeties because your drunk

No, it is this one. It only has one tower, I thought it had two.

>all radioactivity stops once you scram

brainlet.

Attached: 1559599995850.png (900x676, 410K)

The US goes to war in another country most of its citizens can't find on a map.
Oh, you meant to the plant? A shutdown, some repairs, and then business as usual in a few weeks.

Unlikely, the pressure vessel probably would sustain a scratch and need to be re welded, shit takes forever

>what is reaction
brainlet

Not that user, but if you reactor's already been blown up A) there's a pretty fucking good chance your SCRAM procedure is going to be fucked anyway, and more to his point B) even if you can initiate a SCRAM, you're still dealing with an exposed reactor bleeding delayed neutrons, a lot of debris, and possibly a breached containment building.

been into the secured area at a nuke plant. you go through explosive sniffers. at the gate they also peeked under your car with mirrors on the ends of sticks.

Read what happened to Chernobyl, muppet. It doesn't really matter if the reactor blows up cz it overheated or cz it was hit by a missile. The effect is pretty much the same.

OP is talking about a missile attack from a hostile foreign military, not some moron trying to go full Timothy McVeigh on a power plant.

At that point you might as well just detonate a low-yield salted weapon. I mean, I guess if you are already willing to cause that sort of radiological contamination, taking out a major power supply station could be helpful. But, realistically, bombing a functioning nuclear plant is pretty much the same as dropping a nuke, at least politically speaking.

I'd say the toll is all the ash that gets in the air and the rest that gets separated and has to be disposed of. It contains all kinds of bad shit, like berillium, arsenic and all the heavy metals you can imagine.

based Chernobyl poster

Attached: NotGreatButNotTerrible.jpg (700x653, 54K)

Different user, which part of PA? I have this odd feeling he's talking about shipping port, but I think that one is nuclear, but I know there's a coal plant in the area too.

Attached: wjlsi4w46l031.jpg (720x630, 71K)

>coal plants create more nuclear waste than actual nuclear power plants

Why do nuclear cucks have to be disingenuous about safety?

Most air forces on the planet couldn’t achieve Chernobyl level catastrophy if they tried, and certainly not groups such as Al Qaeda/ISIS. The amount of security and containment nuclear plants have pretty much make them miniature armies, and even if by some miracle a group managed to not only infiltrate into the plant past all the security but bring enough heat to cause substantial damage at the absolute worst they just bricked the plant and cost billions in site clean up and power outages. Containment buildings are pretty sturdy, not even a bunker buster would get through the outer shell and even if it was a likely possibility the reactor would have been shutdown long beforehand. For as spooky as they are made out to be nuclear plants are some of the most safest spots to be on the entire planet, and after Chernobyl happened safety about them was taken into maximum overdrive.
Chernobyl happened solely due to communist retardation and corruption. Fukushima happened due to retarded placing of the plant. The US for all of its problems can afford to not deal with both, nuclear energy is taken pretty seriously and it has a ton of empty land to use.

>weren't active and exploded
the cores needed active cooling and hydrogen ventilation. the Japanese have unfortunately not discovered how to make nuclear decay turn off

'bout the same thing that happens when you nuke a city. The only exception is that Nuclear Power Plants are placed far from population centers and have Containment Buildings that are built like bunkers.

I believe they tested the prototype for the containment building walls by running an F-4 Phantom II into it.

They do, actually. It's a simple matter of volume and background radiation.
epa.gov/radtown/radioactive-wastes-coal-fired-power-plants

In essence, coal dumps their crap into the atmosphere so much that the scant traces from a nuclear reactor are nothing by comparison.

Unless you're using graphite moderator rods at the end of your control rods.

If there is some sort of shockwave, it will cause the pumps/generators to trip and will automatically Scram the reactor.

Bruce Mansfield is the coal one. Shippingport has an uncertain future, a lot of their operators are jumping ship to the new Shell plant.

More Core-chan lewds of course

Attached: IMG_3833.jpg (1910x954, 89K)

Meh, not much different than what happens when you nuke a coal plant. Hell, your typical nuclear plant won't even notice a bomb that would destroy a coal plant.

Alright so what sort of bomb would you need to open up the core of a nuclear power plant, Chernobyl style? Would a garden-variety bunker buster do the trick?

How about artillery pieces? Would I need to bring that fuckhueg WWII railway gun or would a standard albeit big gun do it? What's the smallest caliber of artillery shell that could do it?

If it's a Chernobyl style reactor then you could probably do it with a 155mm howitzer.

If it's a 3 mile island or later style reactor you're going to need bunkerbusters. They've got a reinforced concrete containment building that can take a fighter jet to the face(ings).

>Chernobyl style
Impossible in a PWR, the water would boil off and the fission would stop. You'd create a local physical radiation hazard but that's it.

The one I was talking about is the Zimmer coal plant in Moscow, OH.

Some tests involving waste and fuel rod containment flasks and the reenforced concrete wall slabs.
youtube.com/watch?v=1mHtOW-OBO4

youtube.com/watch?v=X5_NWh8wbR8

youtube.com/watch?v=RZjhxuhTmGk

>he doesn't know
the absolute state of coal cucks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Nuclear_Generating_Station#Security_and_safety
>The "transformed" post-9/11 security team is described as being larger than the police force of the city of Kingston, i.e. equivalent to the force of a city of 100,000. Force members are permitted to carry firearms, and have powers of arrest. The force possesses armoured vehicles, water craft, and the plant is now triple-fenced.[127] In May 2008, the Bruce Nuclear Response Team (NRT) won the U.S. National SWAT Championship (USNSC), defeating 29 other teams from 4 countries, the first time a Canadian team won an international SWAT event. They won again in 2009, 2010, and 2011.

they have safety measures for that and even if it got really bad people could just be evacuated theres a billion other ways to sow terror that are easier and more effective

Why do coal cucks have to be so insecure about their filthy ineficient power source?

What the fuck are you even asking? Are you trying to bomb the containment building or some random part of the plant? Bombing the containment shell will yield no effect. You'd be gunned down by security before you got the chance anyways.

Yep.
I remember the news about some protesters trying to get to a French nuclear plant a few years back; “police brutality” they screeched, but no one cared because that's not something you fuck with.

Decisions on what user?

>The construction workforce includes about 3,800 employees from 500 companies. 80% of the workers are foreigners, mostly from eastern European countries. In 2012 it was reported that one Bulgarian contracting firm is owned by the mafia, and that Bulgarian workers have been required to pay weekly protection fees to the mafia, wages have been unpaid, employees have been told not to join a union and that employers also reneged on social security payments.[60][61]

>It'd be a shame if something were to happen to the plant... get my drift?

Hot damn Bruce. Please build nuclear power plant at Grimmshaw AB.

Read up on what coal ash contains.

So it's just like basically every other non-USSR nuclear power plant on the planet then? They started worrying about this shit a long time before 9/11, and at one point even smashed an old F4 on a rocket sled into a containment-building-grade slab of concrete to see what'd happen. "Bug on a windshield" describes the result quite well.
After 9/11 people started worrying about this again, and proper scientific computer simulations were done to look into what a full sized airliner could do to to them. The result of that was much the same as for the test, which is to say basically nothing.

Logn story short those containment builds are built to withstand a truly monstrous detonation inside (as in they will most likely take a Chernobyl-scale event without cracking), an airplane is trivial compared to that. You'll need a heavy bunker buster to crack these things open.

You're the one not getting the drift. Fucking with some constructions workers is one thing, but threaten a nuclear plant and suddenly you're going to be the number one concern of a lot of different countries anti-terrorist organisations and various international law enforcement organisations. If you ever actually try anything there there's going to be an effectively unlimited amount of resources available to ensure that you spend the rets of your life in the hole. And if that isn't bad enough in itself, it's also going to be very bad for the business of all your associates to have all of these cops picking the continent apart molecule by molecule for the faintest whiff of you. That's gonna cost them a lot of money. When you cost people like that a lot of money, you're lucky if they just sell you out.

As for what you could do in a nuclear power plant like that, even if you have free reign of the control room you can basically only make the reactor eventually fuck itself over. This too according to proper scientific modelling.

Coal creates less, but spreads more into the environment.

>and the fission would stop
This alone isn't enough to save you. Commercial reactors need to have the water pumps running constantly even when the reactor is shut down, the radioactive decay in the fuel generates enough heat on its own even without the reaction to eventually first boil off any remaining coolant and then start melting the core itself. At the temperatures you then reach getting into contact with any remaining water can be a bad thing. First metals (like the zirconium fuel cladding) will tend to react to make metal oxides and hydrogen gas, which can make an explosive mess of things (just ask the Japanese) or molten "corium" (as the molten mix of fuel, fuel cladding, control rods and whatever else it has absorbed is called) dripping into water can give you a steam explosion.
Now a Chernobyl style power excursion is indeed impossible, and even with a Chernobyl-sized explosion taking place it's highly unlikely that the result would be a disaster on par with Chernobyl. Once again look at the Japanese, four reactor went to meltdown, two of which blew the roofs off of their containment builds, but the end result is still nothing compared to Chernobyl.

#1 pops: youtube.com/watch?v=vbBk0Y6cQZQ
#3 pops: youtube.com/watch?v=QwbkCa9wmtI

Kek