AR thread /arg/

/arg/
AR thread
Bullyzone
Cancer containment

Tired old shit from the past edition

Old

Attached: 100_0212.jpg (2909x4421, 3.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/d6yK6zV
youtube.com/watch?v=P9uny8aCoLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>arg is too poor for M-lok MRPs

>tired old shit
"Just another typical /arg/ thread" edition

>spend $5,000 on a Gucci AR to dab on /akg/
>get dabbed on instead by 6 /akg/ fags with RPK's and PKM's

oof

>mlok mrp
I gotufam

Attached: 20190626_174652_HDR-1.jpg (3648x1371, 1.37M)

>>>/brg/

What's up with the recent LMT hate? Is there a reason I shouldn't buy from them besides their high prices for mil spec kit?

If I bought a DD rifle is it worth taking it apart to wipe the barrel off and clean where all the parts meet or is this thing fitted, treated, and coated to a degree where a casual like myself doesn't need to worry about it, and only needs to focus on the innards?

Buy from a 3rd party retailer and save some cash

Oh no I meant MWS
>he didn't do the fde TD vfg
RIP

I like your NiGHtFoRCe ATtAcKeR but what will the prosecution say if you shoot a Tyrone with it?

None. It is the flavor of the month though so about 20 other posters have the exact same rifle you will. Good rifle though and really cool monolithic uppers

Attached: 7FC88368-667C-4948-923A-28AF4071CD1D.jpg (3024x4032, 1.9M)

Is it me or AK prices going up? I feel like AKs are only going to increase in price. Which is insane given its likely possible there are more AKs in the world then AR rifles.
Didnt the Russians make millions?

Stop shilling your business baldanon

Not sure this post could be any more wrong even if you tried.

Attached: 6F1E9E0D-2A72-4845-868D-98BF877625D9.jpg (3024x4032, 2.74M)

Are you suggesting taking the handguard off to clean the barrel, gas tube, and gas block? Good luck with that on a KAC or BCM.

Oh cool, that magnifier is just like iNSurGeNCy SAnDsToRM wow

AKs are only going up in price in the US because of sanctions and fuck retarded import laws.

Attached: E4EFCDCE-5D88-42AD-84F2-58738D8E036D.jpg (3024x4032, 2.85M)

discord.gg/d6yK6zV

This kills the LMT

Attached: C597539A-A2E0-41C3-B504-F1D76DA09498.jpg (400x400, 75K)

Who the fuck are you?

>bendy wire stock
Do you give your girlfriend abortions with that?

>Should I repeatedly take apart parts that are intentionally locked together and grease them?
"Yes"

Jesus you are retarded. You should trip, you’d fit right in.

Attached: 11B790CF-8656-439A-ABD9-C9C745EF4A78.jpg (3791x2845, 1.96M)

About 75% of the low quality noguns user shitposts are made by me, I would absolutely terrorize the tripfags worse than Ash and wug put together

>td vfg
No thanks!

>Responding to 1pbtid

sure is summer around here

pay no mind. everybody catches shit here no matter what they buy. if you don't mind paying for lmt, you won't be disappointed. but go in knowing that you don't necessarily have to pay lmt money to get a good rifle. just buy what you want.

Attached: DSCN1895.jpg (3432x2184, 2.22M)

>You don't have to pay LMT money to get a rifle that's jUsT As gOod aS LMT

This post reeks of S O Y

Did you get a fat lip from a underfolder once and now have a hate boner for anything not a soft plastic stock?

Attached: 99CF6C2D-E649-4114-9038-03A087A14E35.jpg (3024x4032, 2.24M)

>justasgood

Attached: Justasgood©.png (1920x1080, 2.79M)

I know this sounds massively autistic and niche but hear me out on it. So I'm thinking about building a kind of squad auto rifle with a harder lower, heavier barrel about 20 in, and piston system. The idea is like a western stoner based RPK, taking magazines instead of belt fed like the SAW.
What are the advantages of the straight gas system as opposed to piston and what are some of the best cooling mechanisms usually in place on squad auto rifles other than open bolts? I know that the HK416 uses a piston system that isn't really all the useful but i'm trying to learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of various cycling sytems

wuggy need not reply

Attached: hmm (2).jpg (631x631, 34K)

I should get more dimpled barrels

Attached: moar dimples.png (1440x1127, 1.74M)

Kek

This is entirely believable

Attached: 51096BDC-A7BC-428F-84BE-EC6241ED2337.jpg (4032x3024, 2.69M)

is that short barreled assault weapon registered with the ATF and can I see your tax returns?

So. Id rather someone buy a cheap PSA and be a gun owner, then a leftist gun grabber.

>mag fed closed bolt semi
So nothing like a saw

Your shtf dreams are memes
Just build whatever turd makes you happy

Dan

Attached: 454A4794-6D04-4D66-90F1-C51D9CF21AA9.jpg (2016x1512, 1.46M)

Tan is the plan, if it's black stomp it's back, if it's green leave him be.

Attached: 1487927600692.jpg (1800x1006, 241K)

Google fight lite friendo, they basically already have this.
If you got 30k laying around buy an M16 transferable and slap the fightlite upper on it.

Attached: B247548B-3917-4D94-B94E-00FE565B2346.jpg (3709x3024, 3.55M)

>that dirty,nasty looking U.S made ammo

get some IMI or imported m193 bruh.

>for shtf
>like the SAW
shtf isnt the goal nor is a SAW, but something that could replace the SAW like the RPK did for the PKM if you catch my drift

i like dan, functional AR and a pretty nice WBP fox.

What am I looking at?

>If yOu hAve eNoUGh sElf rEstraInt To SaVe Up Past pSa tiER yOu arE baSicalLy A gUN GRAbbeR fOr sIx mOnths

why do you hate people who have nicer things than you?

It’s rainbow colored so that faggots like you can taste the rainbow

Attached: 806A61EC-F6C2-472D-A825-96906F30D4E3.jpg (500x667, 47K)

i LOVE YOUR SHITTY RIFLE!

Attached: LAV with TAC TV.jpg (500x357, 133K)

go dilate yourself, HK sales rep

a nice Ash clone

I dont into slavshit so im not even sure what an rpk or pkm even are asides from garbage to be avoided

>What are the advantages of the straight gas system as opposed to piston
For an RPK/AR? None other than decreased weight/mass on barrel contributing to droop/poor ergos
>what are some of the best cooling mechanisms usually in place on squad auto rifles other than open bolts?
Fluted/dimpled/spiraled barrels
Large inital mass to heat up slowly
Quick change barrels
Forced air cooling similar to the pkp
A nice vented handguard to cool the barrel

On a well made rifle you are going to melt your gas tube in auto before anything else fails. If you install an inconel gastube it will run longer and you will just burn the barrel from sustained fire. Another consideration is your gasblock moving as the barrel heats and cools, so its a good idea to do a pinned+setscrew gasblock.

A friend of mine did a build similar to what you are thinking. He went with a DD S2W profile barrel that he had chopped to 16" and fluted to help cool the thing. He went with a fat aero rail to provide plenty of standoff around the rail. Heat tempering cooked a cheaper couple gas tubes but other than that it runs pretty good. A full load for the rifle is a D60 + 6x 40 round pmags and the thing will do all of those back to back no problem.

Yee I’m looking hard at SR15s or a nice Benelli. The Aug is also in the running

Thanks, you guys probably get a lot of dumb questions, moreso since it's an anonymous board. Think I just psyched myself out because I spent a lot of money. Any grease in particular that should go into between these integral parts. I just run some hoppes through the barrel and bcg after each range trip or bimonthly

>go dilate yourself, HK sales rep
HK sales rep is a girl, a hillary voting SJW, no joke look it up.

did emy give you aids

People who habitually make terrible choices are often angry at people who can avoid some fuckups in life

>fluted to help cool
Unless he was forcing a draft over the barrel, the fluting wasnt doing shit

okay make sure you take your computer and car apart once a month too just to clean everything out

Cool, I've never had a problem with them in the past, was wondering if I missed something they did politically.

Thinking about building a basic, non-gucci m4gery off an Umbrella A-DAC receiver set using LMT parts, Colt 14.5" barrel, KAC rail, Geissele SD trigger. Hopefully Umbrella will have BCGs available soon.

Attached: gen5meme.jpg (1008x756, 497K)

Increased surface area was the point of fluting which ultimately does help with cooling

>HK sales rep
>"I know the HK416 uses a piston system that isn't really all the useful"
so essentially the cycling system just needs to keep up with the rest of the gun but first to go if something breaks down?

>Non-SSA
No thanks

>Thinking about building a basic, non-gucci m4gery off an Umbrella A-DAC receiver set using LMT parts, Colt 14.5" barrel, KAC rail, Geissele SD trigger.

Ha ha, oh wow.

Ive missed you A2. What do you think of my AR now?

Attached: IMG_20190521_1534143.jpg (4032x3024, 3.28M)

>a nice Ash clone
Whats that?

>Ash clone
I just looked this up. Its kind of a cool song.

Yes. Ultimately piston is going to have superior longevity compared to the DI system. Aside from barrel, gasblock and gastube a DI system will also have to deal with gasrings and eventual carbon buildup. Most piston systems utilize somesort of rings but they last much longer than a set of AR gasrings and have a more graceful failure condition on most piston platforms.

Its pretty simple to make an AR that will survive more ammo than you can carry in your LBE in sustained auto. Building a rifle that can take a full load of ammo at cyclic every day is a different animal.

youtube.com/watch?v=P9uny8aCoLc

you're literally the only person on arg without irons

>My HK416 beating itself to death in 6,000-8,000 rounds is more longevity than a DI AR

A2 confirmed SCC

>My HK416 beating itself to death in 6,000-8,000 rounds is more longevity than a DI AR
What.
Ive found the 416 reliability to be on par with the SCAR which is to say superior to a DI AR. The only issues ive had with my 416 is the cyclic rate outrunning some older magazine springs causing a FTF or failure to lockback on the last round.

I've like flat shoes

What, needs more PSA?

>a failure
>an failure

>my 416 and sCaR are jUsT As GoOd aS An KAC

>>my 416 and sCaR are jUsT As GoOd aS An KAC
Ill let you know on this one, Ive got a couple coming shortly

Remember that reliability doesn’t necessarily equate to long term durability. If piston systems are shitting the bed sub 10k rounds, that’s not really even long term lol.

What should I do with my factory LMT SPM16

Attached: B2A965E6-B684-459C-8E35-FC1D8EE4F80D.png (750x1334, 2.55M)

Piston ARs are best used with suppressors. They send less gas back to the upper receiver. They also have less issues with cycling in a sbr configuration.

God, A2 is so much more fun to troll than Ash just because he's so much smarter

excuse me do you have an SBR tax stamp for that 14.5head?

>Implying the M249 can't take STANAGs

>Completely unaware of the M27 IAR

>implying HK416 and M27 IAR are really that far apart
nice get tho

>you're literally the only person on arg without irons
I would offset a red dot before I'd buy irons.

I am aware. Side by side I’ve ran
>416
>scar16
>bcm 11.5
All 3 suppressed, wolf steel case ammo, rapid engagements and 1000 rounds per day. Run up to 3000 rounds before teardown and cleaning. I've done this on all 3 rifles plenty of times
Results:
>BCM:
At around 900-1200 the BCM will get too dry and crusty to function resulting in stuck cases. Couple drops of lube gets it running until that cooks off in the next couple hundred rounds and you have to relube. Flatwire spring and one-piece gasring mean that there really aren’t any consumables outside of parts that straight fail.
>SCAR
>416
No lube needed until >2k rounds. 416 will get failure to feeds due to low returning bolt velocity. Scar will get FTE due to low carrier velocity on the backstroke. No consumable parts because lol piston. I did replace a recoil spring on my scar because it was feeling sluggish in subzero temps but that was after 20-25k rounds total.

So "le shits where it eats" meme is real but the reality is that you cannot carry enough ammo ready to go to cause issues.

These numbers are all suppressed and with shit tier ammo so they should be taken as a grain of salt vs absolute but in my opinion, it is a good way to accelerate failure conditions.

Attached: IMG_20190626_183818.png (2048x1308, 3.53M)

Thank you for your service

>to the user that was asking while I was at work, I dedicate this song to you

Attached: Ceelo Green's 'Forget you' starts playing.png (1920x1080, 2.52M)

looks like a nice guy I hope he gets his can soon

Attached: USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-949444767.jpg (1440x742, 156K)

>not a 3 pin pony
fucking dropped

TYFYS christian xxx

Attached: trannyfucker.png (859x615, 853K)

Drop in kac rails

Ran SCARs in -35° temps this winter, didnt give a fuck about the cold.

Mk23 needed to be pushed into battery when initially loading, subsequent four reloads were fine

>Ran SCARs in -35° temps this winter, didnt give a fuck about the cold.
My experience entirely once I swapped the recoil spring.

Reminder that LMTs are 1.5 MOA rifles from the factory.

Attached: 675A945F-7A0A-48D5-86CE-1F03B3D48543.jpg (640x493, 26K)

Sure they are

Attached: 1559760702093.jpg (2340x4160, 779K)

Maybe at 25 yards

Are the reptilia grips any good?

They were using wolf gold in When you use good match ammo seems pretty outstanding for a chrome line barrel. But then again you can never please Jow Forums autists who will never be able to shoot inside of 2moa.

Umm, guys what happened to my carbine buffer lol. I only have 5-6 hundred rounds through it and only a 100 or less suppressed.

Attached: 20190626_225813.jpg (1959x2613, 1.7M)

What brand? I need to know for the shitposting image

aids

No problem guys, we have to protect our freedoms, they aren't free you know. Israel needs our support too. Semper Fi

Attached: o3MMr0Z.jpg (4032x3024, 989K)

You fell for the poorfag buffer meme

Your dog chewed on it