Jet Propelled AFV

IFVs are pretty hallow, since they are used to transport infantry. Therefore, such a vehicle would make for a good lab rat.
Let's take a treaded IFV, as in a Bradley, modify the front for ventilation (akin to pic related), hallow out the hull a bit, rearrange some thing, and install a Pratt & Whitney F119 turbofan.
How will this modified AFV fair?

Attached: Turbo_Tank.jpg (450x364, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So your battle taxi can go fast, but carry no people?

Sounds retarded

OP is a retard. he wants to carry nothing somewhere extremely fast. sounds like his life

why would you even think this a good idea? kill yourself bro

>turbo gavin

Add a larger caliber gun, and more armor, and you literally have an Abrams. Works p. Good desu

At least it's not defenseless.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 8.50.57 PM.png (2590x972, 2.2M)

Gonna come in handy when the turbine fucks itself through the floorboard every other day.

Why dont you , instead, just helicopter? A fast tracked personell carrier would need ground up engineering. And, you'd want to stay diesel. So. Hopped up cummins 8.3 oughtta do it.

So a smaller abrams but with a 25mm gun instead? You’re an idiot

>fast tracked personell carrier
I'm sorry for not explaining this: the transportation capabilities have been gutted in order to make room for the turbofan.

Abrams definitely OutDakka'd what could potentially have Farrari-tier performance in a best case scenario. I am admittedly desperate to propose something to break the world record for fastest tracked vehicle.

You know what a turbine is, right?

And you chose a fucking bradley? Go sit in the fucking corner.

so you want points for your shit idea by focusing on the things that already existed before you showed up?

tank is fine, there is no need for your autism

Admittedly, the best excuse I can come up with is safety reasons. Why would you have a gaping hole in your AFV for the enemy to launch RPGs into and BTFO yo ass?

If you wanted to put a F-119 into a Bradley (I doubt it would even fit) You'd have to so massively redesign it to the point it would be a completely different engine and cost vastly more than just developing a turbine suited for AFVs in the first place. In short, this thread sucks.

>he doesnt fucking fly an AEROGAVIN
this is like from the 80s my guy

T-15 Armata definitely has much better weapon options and passenger capacity than the Bradley. Moreover, you will have more room to fit a turbo jet inside after modification than if you were to do the same to the Bradley.

Attached: Army-2018-26.jpg (1620x1080, 1.08M)

Thanks for the advice.
I should consider designing an AFV from the ground up with turbojet propulsion in mind.

Soon

Attached: 1418894208-m113-gavin.jpg (695x596, 153K)

Was The Pentagon Wars bullshit, or a fairly true to life representation of the development of the Bradley?

the movie?

Yeah. The one with Frasier. Is the book any better?

the movie is a comedy. the book tries to be more factual, but it's of course one-sided

youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

what do you think you fucking idiot? have you ever seen people in real life behave the way the cartoon characters in the movie do?

How does this apply to OP's idea, aside from the M2 Bradley being converted into a hypothetical, experimental AFV.