/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

"Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?" edition

>LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
>LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW

IN GENERAL, IF YOU HAVE A MINOR MEDICAL CONDITION THAT'S NOT NOTICEABLE THEN YOU DON'T HAVE THAT MEDICAL CONDITION.

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ (embed) (embed)
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

warriorcorpsman.com/
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed) (embed)

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
Fuck no, but here.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed) (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, long work hours, with good job prospects. It's definitely not for everyone or even most people in general.

CG info
>gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 1561161095167.jpg (550x516, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

va.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>dying for Israel
lmao at your lives cucks

first post best post

i want to be a soldier. how do I start?

getting stationed in Alaska

Attached: 1560019573107.png (1080x679, 468K)

Got a 23 on the ASVAB, how do I get a waiver, fit and buff guy from the last thread.

but I'm earing $8.50 a hour and derving my coundry.

Attached: Brainlet_2917d6_6615771.jpg (1200x1679, 136K)

in air force if i dont get my preferred job can i just chill in DEP until an opening turns up?

kys.

If im commissioned, can i be autistic with other junior officers or does my leadership position void me talking about vidya and anime?

Plenty of other autismos in the military, don't worry.

Lots of people I know even browse Jow Forums, namely air force and navy people

keeping it alive

Don't go until you get the job you want

thank you user, wasnt sure if that was an option

2nd Lt is synonymous with autism friend
call an oso and get started

>be me, marine infantryman (0317 SS rah)
>never been on a combat deployment
>lived in Hawaii for 4 years
>have 30k in the bank, a car and no debt at 23 years old
>in peak physical condition
>getting out in 3 months and going to college for free to study aerospace engineering
>fuck Your gf every weekend because alpha as fuck
>learned how to operate various weapons systems and survive in austere conditions so when the day of the rope comes I will kill OP from a kilometer away

Lol but don't join the military guys, surely you will die for Israel.

Attached: BEC1FA1A-74C1-4B56-A521-A1FE36A2B7B5.gif (325x235, 1.59M)

>>fuck Your gf every weekend because alpha as fuck
Details?

>11B in the National Guard
>97 ASVAB/135 GT
>Last PT score was 250 but I've been consistently working out since then
>23 years old
>Working on an Engineering degree
>Current plan is to reup for six years, finish my Bachelor's (should take 2-3 years), and get my ass to cool guy school

I love infantry shit, but fuck it I want to fly an A10. How do I get a contract for that? Do I need a commission? Would having a degree and a pilot's licence help?

Attached: sungsam-kim-aviation-art-06-a10-warthog-20180726-300dpi.jpg (1920x760, 307K)

>live 100% free of expenses
>hang out in the woods with the boys all week
>hang out at bars with girls all weekend
>get to shoot guns
>get paid to do this

stop it you're making me more nervous I won't pass MEPS because of my defective genes and will have to kill myself

I'm a 22 year old retard going back to school for criminal justice. Currently doing private security.
Should I study get my degree then apply to be a local cop or go for my bachelors and try for air force officer candidate school?
Any cops want to post their experience? My security company is banking on me becoming a cop eventually so. I'm inclined to consider it atleast.

I don't even know how I made it this far considering I'm a literal autist whose overweight and faps to traps.

Attached: Ty7FBi4n.jpg (527x527, 35K)

>literally paid to fly on planes around the world

Would you have to be retarded to go into an army recruiters office and ask for 11x option 40 with an APFT of 230?
Ive heard people on youtube saying it should be 300, but my friends tell me I will be able to get it to the required level in the DEP, basic, and prerasp.
I only get one shot at this and I dont wanna fuck it up, but at the same time living at my parent's is ass

Should I call the recruiting office first or just walk in?

to get my recruiter to speak with me i have to email the night before, then call on the way to the office

No. If you're at 230 now you should be able to reach 270 by the end of RASP. The main hurdle is running a

Yeah but I’m talking about meeting a recruiter for the first time. I haven’t met any yet.

Its just that I've heard so many stories of people failing RASP during the push ups test on week 6/7 because they're so strict on form and sometimes nocount just for the hell of it.
I mean if it were you, how many push ups would you demand of yourself before going to a recruiter?

I'm already a Marine, I'm at Intel School in a MAT platoon waiting for my security clearance. On base NCO's keep asking us if any of us want to try out for Recon, combat diver, jump school. The whole pipeline. So that when we get to the fleet we are capable of going to Radio Recon. If I refuse I will still become 26xx (SIGINT/ELINT/CYBER, although I'm going for 2611) Should I try it? It looks hard as shit and I hear about Mass attrition rates. I have a 1st class PFT/CFT and passed basic Marine corps swim qual in boot camp. Any advice, tips or tricks for Radio Recon? Should I even bother?

Attached: IMG_20190627_121849.jpg (1920x703, 903K)

>infantry
>97 asvab

Attached: Ayy lmao.jpg (684x448, 132K)

If I apply for army OCS do you have to do any swimming? I fucking hate the water. Im seriously afraid of drowning.

Any advice in that regard? Criminal justice major.

My back is really curved, is this a DQ?

Attached: back.png (124x334, 52K)

Attached: EC25A65F-094A-4702-BBE9-A17721ABFF2E.png (2048x1536, 300K)

but what does it mean

>Same but 0311
>10k saved
>2 years into doing pre-med with a 3.99 GPA

Attached: 1524980991969.gif (500x279, 1.6M)

God, MAT platoon was fucking boring.
t. 0261 (semper fuck it)

Swimming in recon will fucking kill you if you're not a goddamn merman.

its a DQ dude

Jber, Greeley or wainwright?

How hard is ss school for real? I'm in the DEP and I'm looking at 0311 to hopefully get to 0317

>How do I get a contract for that?
Get hired by a guard unit that operates A10s.
>Do I need a commission?
Uh.. yeah? What a stupid question.
>Would having a degree and a pilot's licence help?
This is dumb as fuck too. A degree is mandatory. A PPL is not technically mandatory but I've never seen a fighter hiring board not require it.
Reenlisting doesn't make any sense if this is what you want to do. Finish school ASAP while working towards your PPL.

>2611
>radio recon
is that even a thing? radio recon is almost always 2621.

What's ASVAB and SIFT study guides do you guys recommend?

its in the OP

How well can you swim?

Any of you know 26 yos that joined? Kinda desperate

Kill yourself

Are any of these jobs good?
>31B
>88M
>12W
>91F
I want something hands on that feels like im contributing to the army, while at the same time not doing a desk job that I may as well do as a civilian for more pay. Thoughts?

I was 26 when I joined a few years ago, after browsing these threads by about a month.

>made E5 off of the March exam
>getting paid for it in a couple of months
>works out to $54k/yr
>have TS clearance
>have two GI bills
>less than two years left on contract

This whole thing has been way better than expected.

Thanks /meg/. You changed my life, desu.

Attached: 1535291982545.gif (602x720, 1.11M)

>Two GI Bills
What?

I didn't know how to before basic. Yeah.

The Montgomery GI bill and the post 9/11 GI bill. Can only use either for 36 months, but can also combine the two for a max of 48 months total.

>I want something hands on that feels like im contributing to the army, while at the same time not doing a desk job that I may as well do as a civilian for more pay. Thoughts?
same here bros. i dont want to be a janny but dont want to be tied to a chair. ive been looking at mechanic/repair MOS's. am i making the right move?

Wouldn't really say you got two. Also I hope you're in a good state. MGI will pay out shit in my state.

Become an operator.

what should i operate? machinery? tech systems? radios sound cool maybe.

>being this new

An operator. You know, someone who operationally operates? HSLD?

this shit amazes me. i'm fresh outta college with a baseline job in a select industry and i'm making more than this. mil life seems like a better life than desk life but fuck that pay

Meps got paperwork DQing me for minor medical condition. If I tried again with a different recruiter can I get in?

What are job prospects like for TACPs when they get out? I know CCTs are FAA-certified which is a decent pipeline but I'm not sure if I can really hack it in SOF training. On that note, what kind of action do TACPs see these days? Are they being deployed often?

Attached: tactical82.png (744x1052, 703K)

How come helicopter pilots get paid nothing (military and civilan) when it's significantly harder (than your common plane, not an f18)?

i don't think so. im going to keep reading through the MOS list

Costs more to insure, so rarely any businesses run more than a few choppas. Not alot of helo pilot jobs out there. Shit ton of pilots though.

I mean SF you faggot. Get strong, get smart, be a hardcore tactical nigger that makes COD kiddos cream their pants

An O3 is paid as an O3 regardless of what they fly. Unless you're talking about WOs but they're paid different because of the scope of their responsibilities, not what they operate.

On average commercial fixed wing pilots make more because you can't fly 400 people across the ocean at $500 a piece in a helicopter. This is basic shit and a stupid question.

Am i making a big mistakey by going army warrant pilot instead of going to school and trying for navy/air force?

I say two, because if I just had one, I'd be capped at 36 months.

Mathematically, it's closer to four-thirds.

>you can't fly 400 people across the ocean at $500 a piece in a helicopter
that's what quitters think

Attached: 1554277029741.jpg (652x922, 263K)

did you do your miles today /meg/?

Attached: running.gif (480x480, 199K)

Nope, go for it. ThatTS clearance will get you tye higher paying jobs as a contractor overseas or as an instructor.

She's super cute. I want to cup those little breasts with my hands.

Stew smith told me to do push ups every other day instead of every day for a month, then do them every day for 10 days.
Post your programs and results.

I think you misunderstand.
First, you can have 2 GI bills at any one time that you intend to use. This usually comes into play when you go from active to reserve or national guard.
They have their own types of GI bills.

For pure active duty people though, don't get it mucked up.
Theres a "rule of 48" that means you can use a combined total, however you want to work it, of 48 months of GI benefits.

For Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB), if you're eligible, you can NOT use Post 9/11 first and then move on to MGIB. You must exhaust all 36 months of MGIB in its entirety and then you get 12 months left of Post 9/11.
Whether this is worth it or not depends on where you go to school more than anything, due to the payout rates. Right now, more often than not, the Post 9/11 is the better deal. Different states can make MGIB a bit more lucrative but it's case-by-case basis.

eg Texas can be better for MGIB first but it depends on where you go to school still since MGIB doesn't pay for books. However your school is free in Texas up to 150 credit hours if you don't use Chapter 33 benefits alongside it. If you're eligible for Post 9/11 and use it, you can't get the free credits until you exhaust all of that.
So...

Yeah this is not cut and dry but generally you will get 36 months of benefits which is enough for a bachelor's. With 48 months you could then begin a master's and potentially save a lot of money, but it depends on your personal situation.

MGIB pays the same in every state. And it's kinda shit in every state...
Which is why usually people say don't do it except for Texas and Illinois. There may have been 1 more but I don't recall. Those 2 have special exemptions where you can use both MGIB and state benefits in tandem and since you pocket the MGIB money directly it's like receiving BAH except is zip code agnostic.

I've seen some real hunchback motherfuckers while I've been in. I seriously doubt MEPs will care enough to make it an issue. Go through meps and find out. It's foolish to go ahead and assume they won't take you.

or just idk....
fucking practice

While I'm going on about this.
For all you future warriors, it doesn't hurt to opt into MGIB when you join and pay into it. It's a small amount ($600 iirc) and you can increase that amount later once you've learned more about Post 9/11 and MGIB and which you want to do.
Then if you decide you don't want to use the MGIB when you're going to go to school, you tell the VA and they switch you to Post 9/11. You're supposed to receive whatever you paid into MGIB as part of your final BAH paycheck under Post 9/11, but you are not entitled to a refund due to legalese. So that could technically change at a moment's notice.

So if you have to pick a GI Bill in basic and are nervous about this, there's no downside to opting into MGIB except for forfeiting $600 ($100/month I think) early on.
If you're a Texas or Illinois user, then go with MGIB first just to be safe to leave more doors open.

let the meps doc tell you if it's a dq.
i knew a guy who got in with actual scoliosis and he does fine. it's not crippling but he looks like a dingus.

Oh boy. So a little over a year ago, I said I was going to join the navy (this was in my head at the time). I was terribly out of shape. I did push-ups EVERY SINGLE DAY for a year. I might could only do 5 pushups consecutively a year ago, but dammit I did them until I just couldn't do anymore. A month in, I was up to 10. By 3-4 months I was up to 30-35. Fast forward to over a year later, I'm up to 80 within 2 minutes. Mind you, I only did them ONCE daily. I opted against the navy though and am currently waiting to ship to CG boot camp.

You have to stay committed to whatever you decide to do though.

Do I marry the stripper or get a Camaro first?

It just sounds fucking weird when someone says they have two GI bills.
Yeah looking into the school I'm going to it fucking sucks. I'll be paying 10k out of pocket for tuition and receive 8k less for living. Using both really isnt worth it in my case.

What info you got on VOC rehab? I've been weighing whether or not to try and whip it out for grad school. I've heard conflicting things on acceptance.

Purchase a 3rd world filipina who can cook, clean, and give you BJs on the reg. It will cost you less than that stripper or camaro. And you will get real estate discounts and your kids will get into any schools because of the filipino connections.

Can I do the same with some Hispanic bitch?
Finding a good looking Asian girl is difficult.. and there’s too many land mines if you catch my dick.

I don't believe I misunderstood, but you don't seem to be disagreeing with me.

I had to pay $100 for a year for the Montgomery GI bill, so it's $1200.

>It just sounds fucking weird when someone says they have two GI bills.
I mean, it's more than having one.

Call up a recruiting station, and let them know you're looking to join. They'll set up a date and time

Yeah MGIB is normally not worth sucking up for 36 months just to get 12 months Post 9/11 imo. Usually BAH itself is more than you'd get from MGIB and 36 months is enough for a bachelor's, easily. Beyond that you're now a civilian so do what civilians do to pay for grad school.

No info. Everything I posted above is just to help alleviate confusion because I went through that before and you find conflicting info around the web. I even got fucked up info in my separation briefings on this...
The GI Bill calculator has it listed on there and a link to apply for it but I assume you're already familiar to that level. I'd just ask the VA for answers and then go for it if it will help.
I'll post the link here for others to see what they should expect from each type of benefit.

va.gov/gi-bill-comparison-tool/

Nope, hispanics (mexicans) get super fat once they get preggers and never recover, its the native genes.

Go spanish or portoguese (non american born) if you want a nice latina.

If you go fresh off the boat, and NOT born in america. You are gonna get the ones that actually make an effort to dress up and look good for you. The lighter skinned ones are the ones from wealthier families fyi.

Dont go for thai girls, they always have caked up faces or a shit ton of surgery.

Indonesian and malaysian girls are good to go looks wise, but they act super spoiled, so best avoid.

>It's more than having one
For most schools right now, the bang/buck you get out of Post 9/11 greatly outweighs what the MGIB gives you.
It's up to the school and state beyond that to make up for that difference. MGIB on its own is not designed for the massive rise in prices for education.
I'll just say as someone who recently had to make that choice, that it was worth dropping the MGIB for me, even when I paid in the max amount, to go for Post 9/11.

I need a bitch that doesn’t speak English. And Spanish is too common here.
Harder to cheat if you can’t speak the language.

26 year old CPA thinking about commissioning as an Army Reserve MI officer. If I enjoy it I would work toward going active. Do reserve Intel units get to go any interesting stuff, or is it just boring clearance processing? Do MI officers in general do any cool guy stuff or is it all warrants and enlisted? I'm in PA if it matters.

Attached: 1497478523844.jpg (451x451, 18K)

They 41 club your ass at week 6/7 because they the cadre have seen enough of you to know they dont want you in regiment. So if they cant get you to quit they just 41 your ass.

What kind of contractor

>tfw retarded
Is there still something for me in the military?

Attached: DA1645BB-C1C5-46EC-959D-AD885269D961.jpg (750x683, 73K)

>be me
>NEET with CS degree
>decide to try to join navy as officer
>start working out so no longer skinny loser
>parents thrilled about trying to find work
>finally get in decent shape, try and get in touch with officer recruiter
>only one i talk to only is looking for nuke, getting nowhere else
>do this for a while, get frustrated with no results
>decide fuck it, talk about just enlisting
>suddenly parents decide it's literally the worst decision of my life, something only "the lowest of the low" do
the funniest part is i've got a brother who enlisted and they didn't give him this grief

Attached: 1555873564212.jpg (278x268, 19K)

enlisted will tell you not to enlist as well.
why can't you get a job?

>pic related

Attached: dougie-m.jpg (1024x576, 155K)

didn't do any networking, no experience. trapped in the "need experience to get experience" loop
figured military can break that loop. enlisted beats being unemployed or settling for delivering packages

yeah, the marines.

>enlisted beats being unemployed
That's where you're wrong kiddo.jpg