Redpill me on green berets

redpill me on green berets

Attached: cover-cropped_0.jpg (800x450, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/l7vRSu_wsNc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fighting soldiers from the sky
Fearless men who jump and die
Men who mean just what they say
The brave men of the Green Beret

Silver wings upon their chest
These are men, America's best
One hundred men will test today
But only three win the Green Beret

Trained to live off nature's land
Trained in combat hand to hand
Men who fight by night and day
Courage take from the Green Beret

Silver wings upon their chest
These are men, America's best
One hundred men will test today
But only three win the Green Beret

Back at home a young wife waits
Her Green Beret has met his fate
He has died for those oppressed
Leaving her his last request

Put silver wings on my son's chest
Make him one of America's best
He'll be a man they'll test one day
Have him win the Green Beret

Bad k/d in Africa

they train the people who will kill them

They used to be THE SOF, but since Vietnam their job has been whittled away by other outfits, so now they're just teachers and mediators, with a bit of "David Attenborough presents: Walking with Cavemen" on the side.

“Chosen Soldier” by Dick Couch is probably the best in-depth rundown on the green beanies (even though the book is about a decade old).
Still a great read.

Attached: 9303160B-4345-43C8-AB6D-65BDF07BA09B.jpg (325x499, 48K)

post it

Came here to post this.

Underrated post

By the book
>12 man hit squad of death and destruction
>best infantry skills of them all
>single operator can train and lead an entire platoon worth of militia
Reality
>American Taliban/bearded assholes that laze targets for planes

Attached: DB98C6FA-F8FA-4AEA-8AAD-80C9ED8F2D56.gif (240x144, 1.81M)

They seem to get killed alot by seals and random sandnibbas.

Dick Couch is one hell of a name

which countries'?

Attached: vaandelwacht-KCT.jpg (1250x833, 161K)

American Taliban

Personal experience interacting with them:
Roughneck types who approach their job like most blue collar people back home. Generally competent, motivated, higher-than-average intelligence for combat arms personnel, overtly patriotic types. Problem solvers. They have a tough job with a wide range activities and capabilities to get it done.

In general:
Competent dudes who are the go-to unit for foreign internal defense. They have units and dudes within their community capable of some very complex actions, like most SOC units these days. One of America's most useful tools for power projection at the ground level inside of volatile territory we're not at overt war within.

t. Army recruiter
Getting killed by a Seal/10

mediocre hat, doesn't keep the elements off at all but at least it's a subdued color

They probably see more action than anyone else in the US armed forces, aside from maybe Delta

Just a guy who did his time on the intelligence and command operations end of mildly spooky stuff and supported guys in the field.

Meme unit like the rest of USSOCOM

Typical pawns for the rich and powerful. Just little doggies being trained to go die for money.

It literally never occurs to them that they're being trained to "want" to sacrifice themselves and die pathetically after long lives of servitude.

Degenerate weirdos who jack off to pregnant Anne Frank

I doubt anyone who posts on Jow Forums is a green beret

>not wanting to die a meaningless death in a pointless war
That’s not very Jow Forums of you man.

I wouldn't worry about it

That sounds like something a yellow guy would say.

Attached: gone_with_the_blastwave_comic_by_kimmo_lemetti.jpg (595x842, 112K)

Guys too slow, old and fat to become SEALs.

you might be surprised

You might be surprised, and at least they plan for the whole mission to include contingencies. I've seen airsofters do better planning than NSW. All of NSW needs to goto ranger school.

they're Europeans on this board?

>As a Woman Serving Alongside Green Berets, I Had No Problem Keeping Up. It Wasn’t Enough.

Attached: 1491197233187.jpg (825x1310, 172K)

> For nearly six months, our small group worked closely together toward the same mission. Every few weeks, thanks to care packages my mother sent from the States, we cooked pancakes for our Afghan and American peers.
> This feeling of belonging and purpose did not last. After six months, that team was replaced by a fresh group of Green Berets led by another Army captain. This officer was also supportive of women working within the Special Forces community. Unfortunately for Leigh and me, not everyone on his team was as professional. Their sexism changed the experience of our tour.
> Eventually, the disrespect got more direct. A sergeant with the new Green Beret team broadcasted over the team’s radio frequency that Leigh and I had better have his laundry done before he got back from mission. My first reaction was an urge to find a pair of scissors, retrieve his laundry and cut it to pieces, but I knew better. Years later I learned that the team leaders had reprimanded him for his behavior. In hindsight, I wish they had told us about this at the time. It would have taken away some of the sting and signaled that we were valued as soldiers.
> Over time, Leigh and I left the outpost less often. Even though we had more experience in the area than the new team, experience that could provide continuity and benefit the Green Berets’ mission, we were excluded and felt marginalized.

Attached: teehee.png (636x486, 414K)

> Next they demolished the hut that had been our home. We were told they had orders to close the outpost, but their timing and their visible smiles signaled more than that. We were unworthy of goodbyes in their eyes. We departed alone as they eagerly rid themselves of the remnants we left behind.
> My team’s experience taught me that the ultimate obstacle for women in combat roles is not what weapons they must carry or the terrain they must traverse. Women have shown that they can meet what the standards demand. For them to succeed in Special Forces, they will need to be mentally, physically and emotionally capable. And so will the men they work alongside.
Roasties BTFO ... again.

>ywn be doing SERE training with your bros and then decide to order Papa Johns with your memorized CC number
Why even live. Yu is based.

Attached: DSC00937_2a.jpg (640x347, 46K)

No. They train people who than go and attack seals, who then make book and movies.

They are raspberry now
youtu.be/l7vRSu_wsNc

Attached: giphy.gif (300x289, 991K)

Christ. Bitching about some radio bants. Women are fucking cancer.

>Yu is based.
died serving roundeyes.
not based enough.

He's alive you retard.

>the ultimate obstacle for women in combat roles is not what weapons they must carry or the terrain they must traverse.
No that was probably the pull ups.

Couch was a Navy Seal and served in Vietnam. In the book he actually goes out of his way to heap an enormous amount of praise on the GB’s and even straight up admits that due to their particular skillset and what they’re being utilized for that they are way more important to eventually winning the WoT than units like the Seals (granted the book is a decade old so hindsight might render that prediction moot but it’s high praise nonetheless).

It's a shame the Thompson wouldn't ever be considered a ceremonious weapon by any other nation.

It took two Navy SEALs, a Marine and a hadji mallcop to attempt to anally rape a single Green Beret.

I like those odds.

how can you be so stupid and keep a receipt