Carrying a fullsize handgun with a single clip holster

From Glock 19 to Guv'ment Model 5" 1911 how is it carrying a larger gun on a single FOMI clip holster? Does it shift and tilt? are there considerations to make?

Also Holster CCW thread.

Attached: boomer_patrician_carry.jpg (530x795, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Inside---Pants-Holster-SubComp/dp/B002IX0C2I
liveleak.com/view?t=snI8x_1559825548
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was thinking about getting a revcon for my cz75b and a LAS concealment SAYA for my g19 with tlr7. so far i have 3 revcon holsters for a g42/p365/ppsm2 and i like them so far.

here is a revcon with a g19 for example

Attached: wing_attachment_2000x.jpg (1145x1145, 193K)

I carry a M&P9 2.0 in 4.25 in something similar with a Dara Holster. I think Dara has the best clips right now in terms of durability. I carry appendix and never really have any issue.

the full size model? do you use a belt claw? im having trouble finding a holster for my p-01 omega because im lefty, aside from custom kydex my option are limited.

Attached: 4E8A4E75-CB78-4A3B-95D4-67CC5957D6E8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.24M)

I've carried a G19 in one of link related AIWB for over a decade. Works likes a charm. Inb4 ZOMG SO DANGEROUS. It's not. If you doubt me buy one of these(they're cheap) and try to get the striker to drop while it's in the holster. Inb4 POORFAG. I have spent hundreds trying all kinds of holsters. There is nothing on the market, except the clipdraw, which adds less thickness to the overall CCW package.

amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Inside---Pants-Holster-SubComp/dp/B002IX0C2I

Attached: alreadywon.jpg (720x540, 94K)

That is a nice clip.

Yeah, no thank you. Those things are shit and suck for one handed holstering.

i just looked them up, they're in my state, albeit on the other side.

Yeah, I tend to crack the cheapest ones for some reason but not these. Dara is the only one I know of who makes the clip this heavy duty. I stay away from the metal ones I bend the shit out of those.

Please describe the scenario where your ability to rapidly re-holster your gun with one hand means life or death. I'll wait. Also even with other AIWB holsters I never reholster the gun by itself. Gun and holster go into pants as a unit.

>amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Inside---Pants-Holster-SubComp/dp/B002IX0C2I
as much as i appreciate the input that probably wont work for me. i need more positive retention than that. i generally end up running after people when im carrying.

t. my dad

Thank for your wisdom. This gives me a good system for AIWB if I choose to do so in the future.

Attached: 110EA938-00E0-40AA-8F59-A2665E179AE8.gif (480x270, 3.87M)

>i generally end up running after people when im carrying.

Paid to carry a gun or you just like losing in court after a SD shooting? Either way I have run with it no problem. I have rolled like 50ft off a trail while hiking with it no problem. If your belt is tight enough to carry it it's tight enough to retain the gun.

bondsman. recently decided ccw was a better option than open. lessens the chance of escalation.

Well Like I said they're dirt cheap so you won't be out much if you get one and give it a try. Don't fuck with the Uncle Mike's version of these as they don't sit deep enough in the pants to adequately retain the gun imo.

Your gun is going to fall out in a scuffle if you buy a soft Blackhawk holster like this retard is pushing.

i know.

Carrying a gun like that in a non-retention holster is ultimate dumb boomer. What if you get in a fight? Have you tried swinging and grappling with that thing barely tucked in there? What if you have to run, climb a fence, etc? It's going to fall out or get taken, then you'll find yourself in a situation where you're no longer in control of your gun.

You can't just draw your gun every time a mouse squeaks at you. You're still a man, you still may have to fight, run, climb, do other shit where a gun pressed up against cloth isn't going to be retained well enough. Those plastic taco holsters aren't goo enough either. You want active retention. Don't tell me it's not safe to fight with a gun on your person. Cops do it everyday. Don't think that excuse will fly in court. A defense attorney will call you out as a fat faggot who threatened his client with a deadly weapon on a power trip.

whats your point?

>Don't tell me it's not safe to fight with a gun on your person.
It's not. Once you're engaged in a fight and a gun is involved, even if holstered, guess what? A gun is involved. You know this, the other guy may not. Knowing that lethal force is involved, you may fear for your life and draw and fire. The consequences of this in court will depend greatly on the circumstances and the color of your skin. Don't get into fights.

>Cops do it everyday.
They are trained and certified and insured by the state. Anons are not.

How do you carry user?

>They are trained
we'll have to disagree on that one lol.

point stands though what IWB "Active retention" holster could possibly be thinking of?

The attorney will make it clear that YOU were the one who brought lethal force into a misdemeanor assault situation. It's not going to fall on the other person, you are responsible for bringing the lethal weapon and you are responsible for securing it properly. And as always, you're responsible to use reasonable force to defend yourself. Shooting a deadly weapon at someone is not a reasonable response in the vast majority of self defense cases.

So you don't carry

>Cops do it everyday.
This
liveleak.com/view?t=snI8x_1559825548

Attached: s-l1600 (5).jpg (1201x1600, 229K)

>IWB
There's your problem. You're cucking yourself because you're worried about some soccer mom checking out your bulge. Who the fuck cares? Men carry weapons, let the little bitches get over it. Don't coddle them.

The obvious argument is: he was going for my gun. He was going to shoot me. I had to shoot him first. Whether that flies or not is doubtful.

Again, don't get into fights.

So you OC every day?

This sounds like a cope for someone who doesn't carry/ isn't allowed to.

oh you're trolling! haha my bad fellow user.

OWB under shirt.

I'm glad you can do that where you live, but where I live, if you don't conceal you gun completely you can get picked up for "brandishing" and probably will loose your LTC.

What's that I couldn't hear you over your wife's son yelling in the background, cuck.

>gets shot by a trigger happy small town LEO
>bleeding out on the ground
"At least I'm not a cuck"

>Dies
>Nigger runs by and steals wallet
>*foot shuffle*
>Nigger runs off

this devolved quickly, does anyone else carry a fullsize or alloy/steel frame gun in a single front clip iwb holster?

Attached: inforce_this_d.jpg (255x198, 7K)

I sometimes carry a full size 1911 in a single clip Vedder
As a 5'11" 180 Jow Forumslet, you start to notice after 10-12 hrs.
Less so with a dual

Raven Vanguard 2 is my daily. They can come with the loop & snap, but I like their clip. It grabs very well and allows for a bit of movement which is nice for appendix. However, reholstering inside the pants is not a possibility.

Attached: VanGuard-2-Advanced-Kit-2.jpg (800x450, 98K)

Dunno how relevant this is, but I remember taking notice after the incident.

>2 days ago
>At work - Small family owned hardware company
>Sketchy dude comes in
>Was off yesterday, he scoped the place out then
>Co-worker is aware of him, following and keeping an eye
>I'm on phone at front counter with other customer
>They come up
>Co-worker says he'll check him out
>Turns his back to go behind counter
>Sketchy dude makes a break for it
>Co-worker sprints after him
>Grabs his shirt collar and shoulder from behind
>He drops the Milwaukee Drill, Nailgun and Dremel set he was trying to steal
>At this point I've sprinted up to join in
>Grab him and fall to floor with him as he was turning when I did
>Wrestle a bit as I'm trying to hold him down
>Notice little blue pocket knife within reach that must've fallen out of his pocket
>Not sure why I did it
>Punch him in the face, jump on him again
>Manage was pulling up, sees this
>Jumps out of car, notices knife & merchandise
>Hops on top of him as well.

Now I'm 5'10. Manager is 6'1. This guy was 6'4. He's in full panic mode trying to get away from us and we're doing nothing but trying to restrain him. Rolling around on the ground trying to hold him on his stomach so I can fold his legs towards his ass and sit on them.
Probably ended up on my back 3 or 4 times. Got scrapes and burns from the asphalt to prove that. We stayed on top of him for 20 minutes or so till the cops arrived. (Small town and this company is outside of it)They finally showed and arrested him and it wasn't till I finally stood up to stretch my legs and fix my pants and clothes that I noticed my gun was kinda crooked but still very much held in place on my belt in my holster.

For the record I have a CZ - PCR. I use a Vedder Light-tuck holster
It IS a compact gun but it's an all alloy frame as many of you know.
Has a little weight to it. Specially compared to one with a polymer frame.
I also do have a gun belt. The "R.G.B." which is a ratchet style one.

Attached: CZ.jpg (818x613, 349K)

Forgot to mention
I typically carry it around 1 or 2 o'clock
3 or 4 if I'm driving and have a baggy enough shirt or just don't care to fix it when I get out of the car.

But I posted this nonsense as sort of an example of a real world interaction where I fought and wrestled with someone all over the ground while having my all alloy compact pistol in a single clip, thin, kydex holster at around 2 o'clock or so.
To be honest when kinda just doing random things like shopping or simply walking about? I'll find I need to adjust or move the holster to get to that sweet spot that it's comfortable and doesn't impede me walking, crouching, or reaching for stuff.
It was usually on my mind and something I worried about. Though reading this thread kinda made me realize, that the past 2 days, I've been pretty comfortable with the holster and trusting it to do its job.
Just gotta keep the gun positioned comfortably, and keep the belt sufficiently tight. Make it serve a purpose, not just be a fashion accessory.

One thing I'll note though....I put the belt too tight and it's like my jeans dig into my waist a bit. Dunno if I'm really just having the belt THAT tight or if it's my jeans and I should have a more comfortable pair....or if I should have an undershirt on to cushion the tension.

What state do you live in?

unfortunately Massachusetts

I have the exact same gun and holster. Thats a good anecdote thank you

Also I work at Lowe's. But I don't carry because its technically not allowed and I dont want to deal with possibly losing my job.

also holy shit im also 5'10 wtf

I carry a glock 19 at 5oclock in one of these because I'm a hungry skeleton and it helps with printing. The retention seems good, I can hold it upside down by the clip and dangle it without the gun falling out.

Attached: 81Pl0t4+cTL._SX466_.jpg (466x466, 18K)

>Does it shift and tilt?
Sort of on me, not shift but tilt.
>are there considerations to make?
The Glock 20 in the back I got the little extra belt connector and it was 100% night and day.

Attached: IMG_5027.jpg (1224x1632, 460K)

These type holsters are fucking retarded.

Why?

I'm actually at work right now and they're still talking about it and giving me shit occasionally.
"Hey now, just going towards the door. I paid for my drink. Don't go tackling me now"
Also should mention I sprinted probably 35-40'ish feet towards him in a hurry when this happened. Gun was secure.

Yeah, when I signed onto this job they had their little safety section that specifically said pocket knives no longer than 6 inches are fine for use while working but a strict no firearm policy.
Regardless, I'd rather work a little slower and make sure the gun is concealed than not have it.
Like I mentioned earlier, the guy had a small pocket-knife. If we had more space between us and he got that knife out in time? I'd have been in trouble if I didn't have my firearm.
Sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hand. No job is worth giving up my safety. Least that's what I believe.

Always wishing I had those 2 extra inches
….same with my height.