Maverick 88

Is the Maverick 88 a good shotgun? Thinking about getting one for home defense.

Attached: 637769_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 35K)

It's fine

I don't get it.

Yup. Good basic defense. Now that Mosins aren't cheap anymore, the Mav is pretty much Jow Forums's go-to poorfag blaster.

Good enough I bought two today.

Attached: 20190627_191246.jpg (4032x3024, 2.89M)

but for why

Get the special purpose model

If you have an Academy Sports nearby buy the combo setup. For the price get a home defense & skeet barrel that accepts choke tubes

Attached: Screenshot_20190627-211516_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 252K)

Asking a man why he bought two of the same gun should be a bannable offense

At $165 why not get one for the bedroom and one for the shower

They're on sale, I got them for 160 each. Plan on keeping one and gifting one to my younger bro.

To go shopping with, user.

Attached: 636325275635061159-IMG-1625.png (3200x1680, 3.37M)

That's cool. I am torn between a Maverick 88, Mossberg 500, and maybe a Remington but I am leaning towards the first two. I like the Mossberg 500 being supposedly easier to customize and the safety position compared to the Maverick 88. That being said, the safety position isn't all that important because I don't mind the trigger guard safety and it's hard to pass up the price of a Maverick 88.

>this is now a litmus test that catches a substantial fraction of the wojakposting gigachad frogfags who weren't even here the year it happened
This place got shitty real fast, even after the 2016 election.

If memory serves right, the mav 88 and moss 500 have interchangeable parts. I owned the mav 88 a few years ago I actually very much enjoyed it, so I was more than fine with buying the two. If does feel the stock on the newer one is of cheaper quality though.

>the mav 88 and moss 500 have interchangeable parts.
they do but the mav uses a cheaper 1 piece forend. if you want to swap the forend you have to replace the whole thing with 500 parts

That's still a nice thing. Only thing I'm gonna to mine is swap it out for a pistol grip stock. The stock that came with the new ones today feel cheaper than the older one I had.

It's functional. I wouldn't call it good. It's plenty for HD and has a lower chance of falling apart than a Chinese shotgun. It's pretty easy to find a used 500.

poor people got
no reason
poor people got
no reason
poor people got
no reason to liiiiiiiiiive

Is there a good site to buy ammo online or should I just default to local stores?

All good guns. I'd go for an older 870 if available. If you prefer new then a 500 is a good choice. Don't get a 870 new. The 88 is a decent budget gun if funds are an issue. Can't go wrong with any one of these. Just pick one that suits your budget and practice as much as you can with it.

are you homeless

how poor are you?
heres the thing online ammo is only good if in bulk.
12 gauge in bulk has rape shipping prices so you have to wait for free shipping.

if you just want 1-4 boxes its easier to just go to local stores even if they are a buck or 2 more than buying online.

no one is going to steal from your refrigerator box

Attached: 1559264935756.png (828x618, 395K)

It's cheap af and isnt a total piece of shit. For around $200 you get a general purpose 12 gauge pump that would be extremely practical for many situations

Get the mossberg 500

No slam fire
No thank you

Find me any new production shotgun with slamfire.

Please.

Nice. Have a Mossberg 500 already but would by a Mav at that price.