Would you ever buy an M4?

Would you ever buy an M4?

Attached: C5A76E3A-512B-4176-A589-6FE027257936.jpg (6800x1752, 1.62M)

Sure.

I hate niggers

Only if it comes with the collapsible stock.

Arent those like 2 grand a pop?

based

yeah

Maybe

I've bought 2

I would never spend so much on a shotgun.

I would. That seems to be where cool/interesting shotguns start.

>benelli m4 for larping/HD
>spas 12 for novelty
>beretta silver pidgeon for entry level sporting shotguns

All 2000+

Maybe for a very classy over-under

I don't understand the purpose of an expensive shotgun. Isn't the entire premise that it is technologically inferior but dirt cheap?

pros
>its neat
>it shoots faster than pumping

cons
>heavy as fuck
>expensive as fuck
>have to replace magtube

tl;dr get a 930 spx instead
t. disappointed m4 owner

>>have to replace magtube
you can buy brand new ones with the 7 rounder, those are imported for Law Enforcement only but sometimes filter out to gunbroker

Based zombie/videogame user

>I don't understand the purpose of an expensive handgun. Isn't the entire premise that it's a throwaway defensive tool?

>I don't understand the purpose of an expensive intermediate or battle rifle. Isn't the entire premise that it was made for the military by the lowest bidder?

I think they are gorgeous but for the price id rather buy several other or even multiple firearms.
t poorfag with only a 10/22

You can also find a p38 for $20 from a widow who doesn't know any better, that doesn't mean that's the common situation

A handgun is unequaled in its specific domain and moderately useful outside it. For what activity--other than shooting birds--would I buy a shotgun if I wanted to buy the perfect tool for the job without considering price?

And by the way, I'm not phrasing my posts as questions as rhetorical device: I literally mean I don't know when/why it would make sense to buy and bring a $2000 shotgun instead of a different gun of that price, and I am hoping someone will post an explanation.

basically this

I bought an h20 last week, they had them for 500$ off at cabelas. I’m gonna buy the collapsing stock and mag tube soon.

That being said i used to have a mossberg 590a1 that would bind up after 200 shots. I had a 930 jm that worked flawlessly but i hated how many little parts you had to clean and 22inch barrel was too long for clearing rooms in my house

see

Probably not honestly. I mean if someone offered one, I'd take it, but I don't like having jewed guns, and I don't like the idea of fixing something relatively mundane like a combat shotgun into full working order. Not with the stories I've read about the Benelli, anyway.

Attached: 1561704881516.jpg (730x780, 47K)

Saiga's are better in ever way and cheaper

ayyyy lmao

Me too

>mag fed shotgun
>better in every way

lol

590a1's are pretty universally known for reliability, user. Pretty sure you had a lemon.

Attached: This.jpg (300x300, 16K)

Attached: 1558264748548.jpg (1095x730, 101K)

I would love one but I live in a cuck state (nj) and it would have to be plugged at 6 shells

Then you're in luck. They come plugged at 5 shells because of the 922r import restrictions.

Do they sell replacements I could buy with alrger capacity?

But user, wouldn't that be illegal?

Attached: SmartSelect_20190701-060657_DuckDuckGo.jpg (1079x1797, 623K)

Ignore 922r

Have 930 SPX, upgraded with parts from OR3Gun, 10/10 shotgun. Total bill with upgrades was like $800 including taxes and the initial FFL transfer.

Yeah lmao

Attached: m4etuyiof89we.jpg (1073x836, 506K)

>I literally mean I don't know when/why it would make sense to buy and bring a $2000 shotgun
A few potential reasons, really:

1) Competitors for whom the extra reliability/performance is justified might buy either a tricked-out "race gun" for 3gun matches, or specialized skeet/trap guns.

2)Collectors

3)People who like nice shit, the same way some people choose to drive a Porsche even though a Toyota gets them to work just fine, or how some people wear designer clothes even though basic stuff works just fine.

No idea, I'm not a lawyer

Yes, I have two.
Entry model (SBS), and an original H2O before they switched to Cerakote.

"And for dessert, Mr. Wick?"

If you only changed the mag tube and nothing else then technically that would be a 922r violation. However, if you replace a few other parts too then it would be compliant; nevermind the fact that nobody gives a shit about 922r anyway.

You can spend a hundred times that on a "very classy" over-under. $2k O/U is entry level.

FN SLP MK1

Does the pope shit in the woods?

Yes. Why not buy a shotgun that will last forever? I like quality tools I can depend on.

Changing the Tube with a USA made tube+foregrips+follower=922r compliant

yeah if i wasnt a poorfag.

Shooting birds, shooting clays, shooting slugs, shooting flechettes, dragon's breath, and other meme loads breaching doors

If none of that sounds appealing then I guess shotguns aren't for you.

That is literally entry level for O/U’s.
You know how some people like to larp as hardasses by buying a Porsche/Ferarri/Lamborghini? That’s pretty much the same thing here.

For sure, but not that silver color or with that stock style, or magazine limiter. It's practically next on my list of toys to get. The collapsible and fixed stocks with pistol grip are both really sexy.
The stock is the easy part to acquire and swap out.
It's the mag tube that requires any "real" work/effort to change to the full size without the goofy looking extension tube or limiter.
Pic related or no-buy for me. Or at least I'll get my heat gun and do it myself to make it proper.

Attached: mag.jpg (1038x525, 360K)

The mag tube takes like 5 minutes with a heat gun.

I'd hardly say shotguns are inferior to anything, just another option with an extra wide usefulness. There's plenty of situations where rifles and handguns aren't even close to ideal. Shotguns shine in plenty of situations and are crazy versatile because of all the shot/buckshot sizes, and having control of your spread through chokes/shot cup design, up to mimicking big bore rifle fairly well up to maybe 200 yards. Shotguns can be anywhere between fuck your shit powerful and HD in an apartment with thin walls safe, or clay/bird hunter, or toy while only owning a single gun.
I'll agree that there's no inherent "need" to spend $2000 bucks on a shotgun because the $300-$500 model probably does all the same stuff just as well for most people. but keep in mind that large round count ranges are throwing rental rem870's and mossbergs into the trash on the regular because of fast wearing but hard to replace parts, while their m4s and vepr12s have been eating everything for ages without a hickup. If you think long term, it pays to spend the money on a reputable and more expensive brand. Buy once cry once, like with anything. It's no coincidence that you'd probably pick the more expensive guns 10/10 times if price tags were removed and you just had to pick a gun from a shelf.

If I had $2000

Yeah

Pic related

Attached: FN Boomstick.jpg (533x147, 8K)

No more illegal than people putting extensions on other imported shotguns which literally every 3 gun shooter does

yeah

if I could go back I would've done this. I knew of the 930 but for some reason I assumed it was a pleb tier bird gun

Fuck yes.

Attached: 39408689505_e05342274f_k.jpg (2048x1277, 904K)

Attached: 021052aagjqimegq7kvqq7.jpg (540x359, 16K)

Attached: 42366603_1059301134243376_1282778447475676029_n.jpg (1080x1080, 99K)

They're fun and the end all be all of shottys. Coach guns being the exception, and Auto-5s.
I'll probably buy one when I get out of college.

Attached: 1531887769570.jpg (768x1024, 184K)

Would you guys rather a tiny brown Benelli gf

or a big tittied big butt blonde Benelli gf? Ignoring the bad trigger discipline.

Attached: 1399889020807.jpg (964x535, 133K)

I really want one. Either this, or the P-12, not sure yet.

I thought that only applies to guns when they were imported, not after importation.

>Blonde

It’s not light so I doubt the usefulness as a race gun, but that also reduces felt recoil. That with it’s terrific reliability and rate of fire makes it a great hd shotgun.

I have an M4 and like it very much but I’d rather have the SBR’d version for easier indoor maneuverability

922r is a law ripe for overturn. Just slap a 7 roimd tune one one and send a selfie to the ATF then contact SAF for representation

(You)

>It’s not light so I doubt the usefulness as a race gun,
I didn't mean to imply that the M4 specifically was a good race gun. I was stating why someone might buy a higher-priced shotgun in general. Benelli M2's, especially tricked out ones, are standard for 3 gun. The other example I gave were trap and skeet shooting. A halfway serious competitor would have something like a Silver Pigeon or a Citori. A really serious (or rich) shooter might have a 20k Perazzi.

>heavy as fuck
lift

There's not a good reason to buy the m4 while the m2 exist.
The m2 is one of the most used 3 gun shotguns for a reason.

The functional difference between the M4 and the M2 is that the M4 will cycle extremely light loads that the M2 will not. For the average Joe this probably doesn't matter; M2 will reliably cycle lightweight target loads with no problem. It's only when you get into super-light stuff like less lethal crowd control stuff like bean bags, rubber shot, pepper balls, etc, that the M2 will have problems.

>The m2 is one of the most used 3 gun shotguns
You're delusional.

The H20 coating is shit. It scratches easier than the standard coating.

its boutique shit for overfunded police departments and WASPs

>trigger finger

The current finish on the H2O versions is cerakote.

See if you can find an original H2O; the first few they imported were fully nickel-boron plated, and they also have unrestricted magazine tubes too.

I'd buy a Beretta before any Benelli except the Supernova. Benellis are severely overrated.

beretta's semi auto shotgun is retarded though
>push this button to jam the shit out of the gun

I love Beretta's O/U shotguns but I've never been a fan of their semiautos.

>implying you can afford their o/u shotguns

I can't afford the high-end shit like the EELL, but a silver pigeon is only about 2 grand, and frankly is a fucking steal at that price.

They used to be 1200

Become Franchigang

Attached: 20190702_115355_compress83.jpg (4032x3024, 1.09M)

@lidport on ig

Ironically, one of my buddies I shoot clays with just bought an instinct but I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

Nice! L, SL, or Sporting? I love my SL but the recoil takes some getting used to. Once you expect it, it's a fantastic clay gun. The L and Sporting are hardened steel instead of aluminum, so a bit heavier but recoil isn't an issue.

It's either the L or the Sporting, I'm not sure. He said he wanted one with the steel receiver.

That explains it. I was shocked when i saw the damage to the coating given all the hoopla

I'd love to, but since the law of the land says I don't get to, I settled for an M2.

top tier shot gun that cost 2000 dollars. That cant do anything a 500 or 930 cant do....... Ya I would probably buy one if I had the cash to waste

Owned one for a while then sold it. It’s extremely front-heavy and having a shotgun whose only role is tacticool shooting gets old quick. I’d rather get an M2 with an 18.5” and 24” barrel so you can do more than just LARP

For about $600, sure. Otherwise, definitely not.

Agreed they are sweet, but for that money I’d feel pretty squared away with a Beretta 1301 Tactical at under a grand.

Yes

My only complaints are that parts are expensive, and it's easy to outrun the gun when you're mag dumping. The disconectter will let the hammer drop before the bolt is closed.

Attached: image.jpg (636x782, 73K)

Attached: 5C6AE7C1-2BAC-4BF3-8B49-EF534931A347.jpg (500x461, 39K)

Did twice.
Have a full size with a fixed stock and a SBS with a collapsible stock.
You can ghost load an extra round on the carrier so it has +2 more than my 870 SBS.

Would buy again.