How far will XM193 still fragment out of my 10.5” barrel?

How far will XM193 still fragment out of my 10.5” barrel?
I think I should be ok to ~60 meters.

Attached: 7BC3CA5E-ACC2-4B20-BA6C-D1AECF625797.jpg (1125x1870, 789K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/#mozTocId758051
ar15.com/ammo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah

50 yards reliably

Man you can't buy this good of advertising.

10.5 Inches.

You know what else is 10.5"?

Three of my dick.

50 to 75 yards. m193 is best out of a 16 inch or more

isn't a hole also a cavity

based small dick poster

Welcome to Newspeak

I wonder what they'll think of my .30-06 fudd rifle.

When the fuck would a surgeon say that a dude has a hole in him? Wound cavity is the correct terminology.

>sugar creates not a hole but a 'cavity' in teeth, St.Luke's Dentist says of treats devastating power

30-06 with ballistic tip. It makes a big hole.

The KSK uses the G36C with 9,5".
Is this still ok when expensive HP like TTSX or V-Max is loaded?

Attached: hj.jpg (1000x1000, 46K)

Dude your hitting something with a fucking bullet it will die

not necessarily tho

Is it black and scary looking?

>wadaya mean if you hit a soft water filled mass with a chunk of copper going mach 2 it wont just punch a clean hole like with a sheet of steel???
How do these people blink and breathe at the same time

proud owner of a small peepee

You have to be 18 to post here.

193 out of a 10.5 is below reliable frag velocity as it leaves the barrel. Use better Ammo for shorty ARs
>50gr TSX
>77gr TMK
To name a few

Attached: A2103D68-B853-4046-8FDA-D15A9807B79E.jpg (4032x3024, 2.98M)

it wont at all using that cuck barrel

A cavity is a fucking hole and that surgeon is a faggot

Cavity is more frightening to the ignorant readers because it's not a word they've heard or used outside a dentist's office. Wanna be frightening while still remaining factual enough that you can't accused of lying or libel, break out the thesaurus. It's an ancient tabloid trick, not one word of that headline is untrue but they've phrased it so that gullible idiots walk away the impression that an AR shoots 88mm flak shells.

Barnes has .224 TSX in everything from 45gr to the new 78gr (although I’m sure it’s too long for AR mag use)
What would be the optimal weight TSX inna 10.5”?

>knowledge that has been readily available for decades is news

no its a woman

50gr would be ideal from what I have seen. Only issue is a lot of barrels are now 1/7 twist and Idn if I’d trust 50gr out of a 1/7

Attached: D8176C73-BBAE-4BA2-BC42-0D0699B41485.jpg (3024x4032, 3.23M)

What the fuck are they going to do when someone starts shooting with a .308? Or just about any other hunting caliber? Can you imagine someone dropping people with polymer tipped 7mm Rem Mag? There'd be nothing a surgeon could even do to fix someone up.

You have to be white to post here.

t.soiboy who cant handle a 20"

Isn’t a cavity a hole though?

I don’t care what you call it if they are both fuckable

Wait until they find out what a real gun can do.

>AR-15 in 88mm FLAK
Still waiting for someone to make an upper for that...

>implying (You) are white
Nice try post hair color eye color skin color and timestamp
I don’t even have to dox you to know youre a black furred whiteoid mutt, a literal byproduct of your (((owners))) agenda. But keep pretending youre white my dear jewish farm tool ^^

Attached: 6975BADC-CC1E-4D0D-93D7-AD4A237B0FAE.jpg (538x725, 160K)

People tend to think cavity means the bullet literally hollowed out your insides

t. poorfag who doesn't have a 10.5" and a 20"
Realistically you don't have either at all though.
50 meters reliably. mk262 will extend that a bit. 70gr TSXs will perform properly (expand, they don't fragment) out to 300m.

Attached: 38491EB4-8AB8-4DF4-8EAC-49533F6408F7.jpg (586x750, 80K)

I used to load 53 grn Hornady HPs fer varmints; they literally vaporized squirrels, pink mist

Have you chronographed it? What velocity are you getting at the muzzle? Without knowing that, we're just guessing.

Poking around ARFCOM suggests that from most 10.5" uppers, velocity is going to depend on who loaded the ammo, what powder they used, and so on, and different bullets from different plants have different jacket thicknesses, and so on. And there is significant batch-to-batch variation of all these variables.

But. Since we're guessing anyway. According to data from Aberdeen Proving Ground the G7 ballistic coefficient of a milspec M193 bullet is 0.120. According to some articles at ARFCOM from 10.5" uppers M193 will tend to do about 2700 ft/sec, +/- 75 ft/sec or more.

And according to Fackler, the M193 bullet yaws and fragments in soft tissue reliably down to 2700 ft/sec, and fragmentation is a 50-50 shot down to 2550 ft/sec. Approximately.

So this gives you 40 yards of sometimes-it-fragments-sometimes-it-doesn't.

M193 is great--out of a 20" barrel. Even from a 14.5" barrel it's okay at short distances. 10.5" is too short for it. I recommend expanding bullets of some kind. The softpoint bullets that are sold for varmint hunting, that shatter and fragment violently at 3000+ feet per second, often hold together and penetrate well at the low velocities you get from the shorty carbine barrels.

Attached: M193_fragmentation.jpg (500x496, 99K)

Why are ching chongs writing the paper spic territory?

>using 55gr ball for defense

No law enforcement or military uses 55 gr ball. There are dozens of anti personnel loadings available that do well at faster and lower velocities. Some are pretty cheap too. You can get gold dot .223 for almost the same price as range ammo.

well FUCKING HIT IT AGAIN

>Mix an AR-15 rifle with a Gun

>No military uses 55 gr ball

what

>88mm AR
Fund it

The structure, profundity and eloquence of this post makes me believe in it wholeheartedly.

62 grain.

Israelis still use M193

My moderate acquaintance, the act of striking a soft target with a small projectile comprised of adequate materials and traveling at sufficient velocity, such as those reliably delivered by most commercially available rifles and handguns, are more than adequate to achieve the objective of 'neutralizing,' if you'll pardon the tired euphemism, the vast majority of threats one is likely to encounter.

M193 doesn't fragment reliably at CQB distances even out of a 20" bbl(particularly with thin targets), look into the fleet yaw problem. If you want reliable fragmentation then go with a well designed heavy OTM or the 77gr TMK.

ar15.com/ammo/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/#mozTocId758051

FYI pictures can be fixed by making the first part of the IMG URL match the first part of the main page URL(ar15.com/ammo/ if you're lazy)
Depends on what you want it for. Optimized 50gr TSX from black hills(what people mean when they say 50gr tsx) offers the highest velocity, but was essentially developed because other TSX offerings tend to shed petals when fired from close range out of long barrels or passing through auto glass. If neither is a concern then the heavier 62gr and 70gr have a wider expansion envelope(really, lower) and rather reliably better anecdotal reputation in hunting circles than the 50 or 55gr variants. Having done a bit of research on the line and weighing all that against what gets good velocity from a short barrel my personal tl;dr at this point is 50gr for duty use or those concerned with barriers, 62gr for everything else. The latter is still hitting upper 2600 fps from an 11.5" iirc, so 10.5 should be fine for close range use.
Haven't heard of any issues personally, IIRC being solid copper the bullet stabilizes more like a 55gr as its longer for its weight, and was designed to have nearly identical POI for typical ranges as 55gr ball.

the AR-15 creates the cavity? I always thought the high velocity bullet did that. do you shove it in and wiggle it around?

>M193 doesn't fragment reliably at CQB distances even out of a 20"
You're thinking of m855

Its both, brah. They're upset based fragmenting designs, meaning that neck length is largely based on the bullets angle relative to its direction of travel when it strikes a target(angle of attack, or AOA). When bullets are less stable(close range in particular) this means you can get wild variations in neck length up or down over the course of a few meters, without even considering m855s and m193s notable degrees of per lot(and even per projectile...) variation in velocity, weight, and jacket thickness or differences from one rifle to another. All of this comes together to make for one very erratically performing cartridge, rather neatly explaining 5.56's mixed reputation with real world users when combined with the aforementioned loads. If you don't believe me then feel free to check into the works by Roberts, NSWC CRANE, and the JSWB-IPT.

>5.56
>D E V A S T A T I N G
kek

Attached: 5-56-77-gr-Tipped-Matchking-14-5-in-barrel-10-17-2013-a.jpg (2736x1302, 547K)

I like the package, looks like a sex toy

That's Finnish marketing. Everything looks like a sex toy.

A cavity is what they call the space in your skull where your brain should be.

I wish my dick was either small or huge, average pp gang is boring

Underrated