>gunplay
>engine
>vehicles and the such
>story
>music
>multiplayer or singleplayer?
>other misc advice

Feel free to add me on discord for more info - Lettuce (Zach's Foot)#5095

I would also appriciate concept art, and I will eventually update yall on the whole thing. Keep in mind that this is a passion project and I have other things to do on the side.

Attached: 1549160768314m.jpg (1024x683, 74K)

Like EDM? Because Jow Forums has tried to make things before and it always fizzles out. Who would have thought that a bunch of listless neets and shutins would struggle to commit to finishing a job?

(Follow up)
I want to keep the game as realistic as possible so here is some of my current ideas
>realistic gunshot reactions and damages
>mod support
>singleplayer
>actually realistic guns, aiming down sights, etc.

But thats about it. Feel free to give me constructive critism and the like.

I guess we'll see, and I dont think this game will be the biggest and it wont really be for the mainstream

Nam tunnel rat conscript's descent into madness and eventually hell itself.

Sounds pretty good and wouldnt be to hard~
>love the idea of the down time like in the stalker games

A FPS/TPS with ground-up customizable weapons and extremely realistic physics. You can choose the receiver you want (AR9, SAIGA .308, AR-10, AR-15, AR-300, Barrett M107, M203, Mossberg 500, etc), caliber you want in multi-cal capable receivers, uppers with different actions, lasers, lights, sights, launchers, silencers, flash hiders, muzzle brakes, rail-mounted handguns/SBSs/.22lr smgs, and adapters for everything so it works in all platforms. You can choose the material and propellant for ammo, and use crazy high capacity magazines like PMAG 40s, surefire 100s, and snail 90 rounders. Basically a sandbox game that captures the custom firearms market and more. All buildings and cover are destructable and capable of being penetrated with the right caliber.

Attached: 22caliberammochart.jpg (1600x838, 193K)

Keep in mind I'm one person and this is a passion project, but it sounds like a very Jow Forums idea, which is what I'm looking for.

Realistic gore, where you can keep shooting at someone's head and neck until brain matter chunks are flying out, and there's detailed anatomy. Rapid bleeding, unconsciousness, and death on a heart shot, encouraging players to use plates and other armor. Bleedout times for certain arteries. Knife fighting mechanics. Liveleak-level, but still reality.

Attached: 1533096678867.png (1276x1170, 1.92M)

Adding on to this, an option to modify your character's gear (how many magazines you're carrying, where on your person they're carried, the plate carrier, the plates used, radio, camouflage, etc) and the weight effects as a result

Like insurgencys customization?
>point based?

Make the gun sounds really loud, like they are in real life.

Give them more of a BOOM and flash, the shorter the barrel is. Temporary hearing loss from not using a can and rapid firing.

No it shouldn't

Sounds good!

(Follow up2)
I am now writing down notes on a notepad. Feel free to give me some more pics and the such

Are you a coder or something OP? You don’t just “make games.” Especially modern games with high end graphics.

Its not going to be large, and its not going to have high end graphics, Im just making an idea so others can hopefully follow along. I am a pretty average/ok coder

Attached: D6304jbUYAAO5Gp.jpg (635x680, 55K)

>The guns are realistic and the sounds should be as accurate to real firearms as possible, guns will jam and the player will have to do maintenance, Gore will be very realistic and depending on where you’re hit and what you’ve been hit by you can bleed out, you can be knocked unconscious, and you’ll need to find a gas mask to avoid debuffs from the volcanic ash
>Guns can be disassembled, reassembled and modified
>Unreal Engine 4 or Real Virtuality 4
>Sedans, jeeps and pickup trucks can be found pretty much anywhere while you can find humvee’s and other armored vehicles can be found around Offut Air Force base and the National Guard recruiting office, aircraft such as helicopters, Cessnas, and other fixed wing aircraft can be found around Epply Airfield and Offut Air Force base
>imagine an open world environment set in a Post-Yellowstone Omaha Nebraska in which you’ll have to go around find guns and defend yourself from other players
>The map will be based heavily off a map of Omaha Nebraska with accurate street names
>Multiplayer with a single player option (A story mode)
>Schools and universities will have a fuckton of loot however most of it won’t be really useful
>the spawn area will be in Aksarben and it’ll be in the players best interest to head north or west
>most guns can be found north of cuming street however most houses will require a lock pick

Thanks user! Ill write some things down that I like and Ill start working on them!

>Game is set in a second American civil war type scenario
>In singleplayer you play as a member of the rebels
>Focus on attacking infrastructure targets like the power grid and stuff
>Innawoods survival can also be a big part of the game as you hide from government forces
>Multiplayer can be rebels vs government forces attacking and defending different targets

I actually had this idea a while ago, Ill think about it. Its a good game for redpilling liberals

Big question here from op, what time period should it be during?

Hell let loose already seems to be made by Jow Forumstards
i know that nazi shit is censored as of now, but they plan to make dlc where you can use it without censorship(probably free)
this is mainly due to european laws
other than that, its a fucking indie game and is pretty much battlefield v but a lot more realism
sorry for this shameless shill, but its the first thing I thought of thats probably made by retards from here on Jow Forums

you are gonna get a bunch of people writing short essays on random ideas and claim they contributed a great deal and blame everyone else for the game not existing.

Current day or maybe a few years into the future would probably work best

Nah, im not that retarded
Thanks

Attached: 1517193184214.jpg (665x574, 36K)

This. If I don't need earpro to play the game, I'm not playing it.

Guns jamming sounds like it would be really irritating in multiplayer.

Kek alright, im setting up a graph so its easier to mix volumes

I was just memeing, but I guess loud gun sound effects would be cool.

RE AL IS MM !!!!!

The game should a hardcore realistic gta clone. No mission markers, no minimap, no blip telling you who to kill, no wanted stars telling you the police is after you etc.

Gta mod? Sounds like a good idea

This but with a level editor

Now im looking for general concept art, I have enough ideas
>also gun requests, what guns should I put in?

Attached: AD291466-0726-4612-8AE5-FBA9EFC1F0DF.jpg (1767x2295, 670K)

Depends on the time period. What're you going for?

Current, or a few years into the future

You want to make a videogame? Neat, but you've got to understand the scope of what you're asking. Alone, or even with a small team, a 100% originali highly realistic shooter will take you many years; so cross that out. If you still want to do that, look at producing an independent mod for a preexisting game, even that has taken very qualified people years to accomplish. So now what? Focus on something simple, an 8-bit 2d thing, could still take a year of constant dedicated work, but is more realistic for someone with zero funding and zero professional support.

I'm saying all this because I highly suspect OP is a zoomer who has no idea how much work goes into producing quality videogames.

Retard

And?
With this many rwplies to my thread ill probobly do a hl2 mod or some sort of mod, not anything built from the ground up. But thanks for the constructive critisim anyway.

Really fucking based idea

A game where everyone shows each other pictures of gunz they dont have and then talks shit about the other person's choice in firearms? Sounds like it already exists.

Honestly, I'd try to put as many weird, unusual guns in as possible, maybe even as Easter eggs. Depending on the premise of the game, it would probably make sense to put a bunch of basic guns commonly found in the United states, though.
>ARs
>more ARs
>glocks
>Remington 700s
>mossburg 500
>more glocks

ADS in video games fucking sucks if it's realistic.
You can't see dick through peep sights because vidya forces single point perspective. And there's no fucking around with sight alignment because there's no way to control it.
You just end up having a big fucking piece of metal blocking your field of view.

You could get around that by making the rear sight fuzzy and maybe 40% transparency?
Assuming the ADS models will look like the ones in STALKER

>Floppy Slotters 4: The Cleansing
>You're a Rhodie in a post Bush War world where the good guys won
>Campaign is going from village to village dragging out communists in the street and shooting them
>Ian McCollun is a NPC operator that is basically useless except for fixing things
>Final mission is a helo drop into Moscow to stop the source

what's even the point though?
you don't need to align your sights, so having front and rear sights is meaningless.
Everything which makes shooting difficult is impossible to translate into a game. There's no sight alignment, breath control, general fatigue, head placement, parallax, grip, trigger control, etc.

if you wanted to be autistic about it you could make make precision shooting its own little game where you lose player mobility and use both controller sticks to align your sights and control the weapon, but it would be clunky and difficult to transition quickly. And scopes, optics would again dominate because of the larger field of view and ease of use.

look at the M60 ADS from CoD 4. it's miserable to use.

Have you made a game before that we can try out to see what skill level you're at?

Is the game gonna be 2d or 3d? Do you have a sprite maker/modeler?

oh look, an idea man who has an idea and wants other people to do it for him. OH LOOK, ITS A DISCORD TRANNY TOO, REALLY MAKES YOU THINK

Attached: 1561288985707.jpg (542x670, 28K)

a singleplayer version this with bots (something like cs/insurgency playing vs bots) could easily be done by a few people over the course of something like 5 years. This is assuming they all work consistently on it in their spare time, while they all maintain their day jobs and typical lives.

Thats about what im looking for, accept not with the crazy good graphics and the such

Attached: 23498781923.png (900x900, 908K)

Or just do it in VR