What are some simple but effective close combat techniques...

What are some simple but effective close combat techniques? Things that you don’t need to train obsessively with to remember.

Attached: 4302BA90-3182-416E-A263-DE5A99802F71.jpg (300x273, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uDGHKyB3T_U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Striking from shadow and learning how to follow through.
If done correctly and quick enough, only high level martial artists will be able to detect and dodge it, and even then if you use something with enough reach and power like a kukri or hatchet he will have a hard time anyway.

But outside of stealth melee weapons shouldn't be used by the unfamiliar.

When you're about to get in someone's face, just drop to the ground limp instead. You'll have a brief moment when your opponent is distracted wondering WTF just happened. You've also created more distance between yourself and your opponent's hands since they will still be standing. Use this moment of surprise to grab their foot and bite their Achilles tendon as hard as you can. They won't be expecting this and will go down hard. When they do, punch 'em in the dick.

there's also pic related.

Attached: monkey_steals_peach.jpg (750x607, 58K)

Oh you've never been in a fight

The spear.
Get a short spear.

Fucking summerfags I swear

? Your saying that stabbing someone unaware in the heart from behind won't work?

>drop to the ground
>think I have time to be offensive but my opponent starts stomping me to death immediately

Are you suggesting that my patented ShoeShark(tm) strategy isn't incredibly effective?

Imagine thinking this funny shit was serious and replying to it. Like Zoinks

>but my opponent starts stomping me to death immediately

You act too slow, like ancient tortoise. You must strike fast, like praying mantis. Then, your blows will rain down upon your enemy's vital points like a storm battering the countryside.

People dumb enough to think that exist though I’ve met plenty of them

Well, the second most important rule of knife fighting is don't get stabbed.

Unless the other person isn’t alert to what’s happening contact is inevitable in a knife fight just might not be devastating

and the first most important rule is DONT GET IN A KNIFE FIGHT

>This
Shoot the fucker while he is asleep or burn down his house.

why cant a pistol be a close combat weapon?

because you can't use ranged weapons if you are locked in melee

>>the only way to use a gun as a weapon is to shoot someone with it from range

c'mon user, you can do better than that.

why, anonymous, it can.
it's a solid object. use the handle and whack your foe with it. a martial artist would simply know you can turn any object into a weapon and have a technique to utilize it.. perhaps it's mcdojo lessons you seek.

>close combat techniques?
Braaaaaaap!

Step 1. Remove Dragon Dildo concealed in your anus
Step 2.. Strike opponent.

>effective close combat techniques?
>Things that you don’t need to train obsessively with to remember.
Honestly? Not much. Pretty much anything close quarters is going to be a shitshow and happen quickly/brutally, you want to be doing things with muscle memory to maximize your speed and chances of winning/surviving. Your best bet to learn something effective quickly is something like basic boxing with some grappling, it pretty much covers all your needs for unarmed. Your best bet fighting with a weapon in close quarters is probably a pistol for obvious reasons. I don't suggest using knives because IIRC the stats say you are as likely to be killed by your own knife as your opponent is.

Don't stand still, don't let your opponent hit you squarely in the head, don't let your opponent get a firm grip on you especially if they're physically bigger and weight more. Don't wind up your strikes or cock your arms or legs back so the other guy can tell what you're about to do, just hit. Get good at running, if you can run fast enough and far enough then you might be able to get yourself out of some close combat situations without having to actually fight which is generally ideal. All of these are irrelevant for you though because if your the kinda of lazy faggot who doesn't want to practice anything then you're useless in a serious fight anyways and so maybe you should just focus on psychologically preparing yourself for getting your ass kicked.

Try looking up old WWII fighting manuals published by the US Army. You can find it online through a search.
Melee combat hasn't changed at all since the dawn of time even after people figured out how to use sticks and stones. I think it has some useful techniques in it still kind of like stomping on someones shins. A lot of times people will try to tie you up in a clinche and you get 2-3 seconds of active resistance where they figure out "oops need to do something different here". Your best bet is actually getting to a gym or dojo of some type to train at this kind of stuff, if you just read manuals and see techniques you're going to miss out of a lot of context about what type of situations the maneuver had in mind to counter or buy you time to counter in combination with other techniques.

keep your hands up. not at your side. google a Tee stance, and patterns of movement.
>im gonna butcher this spelling if i dont go phonetic
go-kee-oh grip, icky-oh grip, sank-y-oh grip

>But outside of stealth melee weapons shouldn't be used by the unfamiliar.
Welcome to England, where both melee weapons and chemical warfare are used by the untrained to great effect.

Learn the correct use of a concealed shovel.
There is nothing like the look on some chavs face when they advance on some poor bugger with a knife and then the intended victim whips out a chunk of metal that "clackclackclacks" out into a shovel and then charges the attacker screaming about blood and vengeance. Most do a 180 and start sprinting.

It's pretty close to what many people believe
this

A pistol

Contact shooting. Autofags need not apply.

[NoGuns] Knife in non dominant hand tucked to forearm. Use to block incoming strikes. Counter with single overhand dominant strike, then back to defensive stance.

Attached: IMG_0008.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Try to avoid slashing, keep your weapon close to you (Under control, not free for the bad guy to snatch out of your hand), etc. Also stuff on footwork, how specifically to hold your knife and stuff.

>not having a light to act as a stand-off
wew fudd

youtu.be/uDGHKyB3T_U

Gokyo, ikkyo sankyo? Are you going on about Aikido? If so please stop. That shit isn't for fighting.

>Things that you don’t need to train obsessively with to remember.

But that's the point. You train constantly so it becomes second nature unless you think you're one of those dudes who only sees something once and you can do it perfectly every time afterwards.

Stick em with the pointy end.

Attached: I wish I was in my trench.jpg (491x512, 52K)

>funny

>What are some simple but effective close combat techniques? Things that you don’t need to train obsessively with to remember.
1. Standing leg trip.

2. Bum rush past someone when they're charging at you.

3. Intensity. Do not half-ass. You MUST use overwhelming force to protect your own life.

A bat or baton

Biting and gouging.

Pure aggressiveness and brutality.

Just uhhhhhhhh fuckin stab em.

take hard object and hit the other person as hard as you can with it
hard objects are very effective

Attached: russianETOOLcombat.jpg (881x679, 163K)

>Pure aggressiveness and brutality.

This.

In finnish combat manuals it's explained that close combat usually happens very suddenly and people are rarely prepared for it:

1) Fire your gun until you are at such a short distance that you can hit the other guy with the barrel. A gun is still the best close combat weapon.

2) When suddenly surprised and put into hand-to-hand combat, skill can be hard to utilize (unless you're a martial artist) which means aggression becomes very important.

3) Use anything you can as a weapon and fight as hard and "dirty" as you can, hit the face, eyes and head, do not stop for a second until the other guy is absolutely demolished.

Attached: de9a8039.jpg (1920x1086, 187K)

I can't help but wonder if nearly all modern military combat manuals stress that sort of thing. I recently read an article on British commando training from WWII and it discussed all 3 points you mentioned nearly verbatim.

Hell, even The Book of Five Rings, which is from the 17th century, comes straight out and says that you should abandon all concept of rules or honor when it comes to fighting and the only thing which truly matters in the end is killing the other guy before he kills you. It's rather ironic that you hear all this stuff about "samurai honor" and whatnot, and here's perhaps the most famous swordsman of all time telling you to fight dirty.

Stab them with the Pointy end