I don’t care if it’s dumb or dangerous; what other calibers can be fired from a break barrel .410?

I don’t care if it’s dumb or dangerous; what other calibers can be fired from a break barrel .410?

Attached: 1913D539-B533-48B7-9C6D-919D3AFED592.jpg (1350x900, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wAnbDvLIAac
youtube.com/watch?v=TwX9mJvss1k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>willingly telling others to misuse a firearm

Attached: pepeextinguisher.png (1400x1462, 1.12M)

whatever fits

.45 Long Colt

i like the looks better on the NEF single shots.

454 casul

444 Marlin, just hammer it in. You can also save money if you reload. Make sure you use Hodgedon Titewad to save the most, just level off the case mouth with a butter knife and seat the new bullet with a ball peen hammer.

Kek

This. Make sure you use a drop tube when you're filling the case too.

.460 S&W

Famas

.303 British will fit

409 maybe

.69 Smith & Luger. Use that all the time when im hunting dingos.

I’m bumping my old retarded thread from my lunch break. Come on people! I have hood health insurance

410=41 magnum

What is pressure?

Attached: 40F76B50-51C3-4A23-B1C6-0EB6D24BBD44.gif (250x244, 1.51M)

Basically anything roughly .45 caliber

>454 Casul
>.45 Long Colt
>44 Mag/Special
>450 Marlin
>444 Marlin
>.45 ACP if you really try
>460 S&W

There’s probably a lot more I’m forgetting, but in reality I wouldn’t advise shooting anything more powerful than a 44 Special. Also don’t forget that unless you bought an aftermarket rifled barrel, it’s essentially a break action musket

youtube.com/watch?v=wAnbDvLIAac
youtube.com/watch?v=TwX9mJvss1k

You can load a mig 29 and you can also load mossburg 500 shotguns into your 410 I heard you could also fit an M1 abrams in there but I'm not sure if thata true.

Attached: 1560607509165.jpg (833x724, 303K)

>.454 casul through a .410
>no damage

What is SAAMI standards? Found this out when I was trying to decide whether it was a good idea to put 16 gauge winchester loads into 12 gauge hulls without any reference point (Turns out it works just fine). One of SAAMI standards for shotgun barrels is shooting extremely hot SAAMI loads through them to proof the barrel in hopes of making guns idiot proof. Basically proving the barrel can handle 2X the pressure of the hottest load available meaning it's heavily over built to handle pressures. Then sending them out the door expecting the user to use factory loads or at least loads developed off of load data.

Remember. Prior to this we did just fine cooking up random ass black powders and casting random ass diy lead bullets and pouring this down barrels without much care with relatively few problems prior to preassembled firearm ammunition and cased cartridges.

Although titewad has very few load data beyond shot I have substituted the same weight of buck for shot with no problems. I don't see the difference if it's pushing 1 oz. of tiny balls or big balls. Seems like the problem occurs when you get pressure from a solid lead object being pushed through a barrel where the bullet is designed to create a seal and engage rifling.

Seems like suggesting 1 oz. projectile is equal to 1oz. lead shot in the load data would be wrong here and you would get pressure spikes since a shot cup filled with shot passes through the barrel with relative ease comparatively. That probably doesn't mean you couldn't develop load data for rifles or pistols with titewad. You may just have to accept lower FPS as a trade off for a fast burning powder without sending it off to a lab to measure pressures

in the world of string it's not even about personal safety, it's more about not blowing up your guns not wanting to play with load development.

cut the case of a .410 brass. reprime it then muzzle load it with black powder and river pebbles.

>put 16 gauge winchester loads into 12 gauge hull

So I got a bunch of 16 gauge shells from a friend that knew I have a shotgun not realizing I only have 12 gauge when a friend was getting rid of his guns since his hunting dog died. However I have 12 gauge hulls and wads. Although I dont have a 16 gauge shotgun It got me thinking. There's powder, shot and a primer in the 16 gauge. Can you just take these 16 gauge components and repack them into a 12 gauge hull with a 12 gauge wad?

Perhaps the better idea is harvest the powder and shot in bulk and run them through a 12 gauge load data. However old factory winchester is an unknown powder.

After much deliberation and repacking into 12 gauge with success I think it's completely safe and reduces pressure. Not dangerously increasing it. The 12 gauge hull is bigger and the load has more room to expand thus reducing the pressure of the original load. The same way it would be horribly dangerous to repack a 12 gauge load into a .410 shell.

I`m a bit surprised out of all my research and asking forums no one had asked themselves such a question or able to at least surmise this result to me. Possibly just unwilling to offer any advice on the matter at all since it's "dangerous" welp that sounds like a noguns liberal attitude to me if guns are so "dangerous" we should round them all up.

>Can you just take these 16 gauge components and repack them into a 12 gauge hull with a 12 gauge wad?
Yes, you can.

>>After much deliberation and repacking into 12 gauge with success I think it's completely safe and reduces pressure. Not dangerously increasing it. The 12 gauge hull is bigger and the load has more room to expand thus reducing the pressure of the original load. The same way it would be horribly dangerous to repack a 12 gauge load into a .410 shell.
Correct.

>I`m a bit surprised out of all my research and asking forums no one had asked themselves such a question or able to at least surmise this result to me.
People are stupid, user. Get that into your head.

>Although titewad has very few load data beyond shot

I hope you realize that was a joke post. Titewad is among the fastest burning powders there is. If you filled a case to the top with Titewad and then seated the bullet (thus compressing the powder) you'd have unbelievably high case pressures and would probably blow up the gun.

.454 is also tasty in .45 long colt

Are you too dumb to just look up the video that icuckveteran8888 did on this exact subject?