Mandatory keto diet for the troops

militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2019/07/01/defense-department-to-ban-beer-and-pizza-mandatory-keto-diet-may-enhance-military-performance/
We don’t need c*rbs

Attached: C33D0DA2-FA11-4BAE-86D3-7A01900B39A3.jpg (985x963, 107K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28534852/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I mean, if a given soldier performs better while carb-loading, then I think they should be allowed, but keto definitely works better for me.

Attached: Bacon-Cheeseburger-Meatballs-3.jpg (2346x3063, 664K)

>bans unhealthy foods
>doesn't ban burn pits

i dont eat vegetables anymore

Attached: 1554415509990.jpg (1231x920, 202K)

Onions, garlic, ginger, etc are all really tasty and good for you, though.

imagine the smell

This. Fuck sugar mouthed carb mouthed whore mouthed subhumans

Attached: 1539883020268.jpg (504x198, 44K)

Morality and individual happiness is more important than statistical "health" in diets for service members. If they already passed all their physical requirements and can maintain their fitness, SEALs and crayon eaters should be able to have beers and pizza. Without it, there's nothing but crayons to keep our boys happy.

I had a similar HP setup when I was a little lad.

if you don't carbo load you are a fagot
fight me

Attached: 1557701642110.jpg (540x403, 38K)

Talk about bad news, didn't they just invent a pizza mre?

>belle delphag
argument invalidated.

Fat
all of those boost testosterone

>average barracks room 5 min after Field Day inspection

that actually looks tasty, tell me moar about it.

Fucking stupid idea.
Ketosis kills your energy levels and alertness unless you increase calorie intake because it takes a lot more energy to accomplish. It also puts a lot of unnecessary stress on your liver, and results in a loss of lean body mass if you arent training religiously; hence why people rant and rave about quick initial weight loss while on keto - part of it is lean body mass for people that arent resistance/weight training at least 3x a week and they end up long term with a greater % bodyfat than people on a regular diet with the same kcal/training regimine.

A high fat Keto diet will exacerbate fatigue, while a high protein Keto diet will strain logistics because you'll need to move more and heavier food around. A cycling Keto diet destroys the whole purpose from a logistics standpoint, needlessly complicating everything.

Keto honest to god helps you lose weight and get cholesterol levels down if you're old or wanna look good in yoga pants, which 8s great for /fot/ buuuut that's not really your primary concern for a soldier.

>Lisa Sanders, the director of science and technology at U.S. Special Operations Command
Of course a fucking woman thought this shit up.

Honestly, ketogenic diets almost feel like they shouldn't be healthy because we've had FAT BAD drilled into our heads our whole lives.
I'm a huge fan of putting 35% cream into my coffee, for instance. A lot of people go for butter, but you really need to toss it into a blender to get it properly incorporated.

Attached: lettuce-burgers-1.jpg (1100x733, 114K)

t. obese diabetic who cries if he goes more than an hour without a Mountain Dew

post body

based

>onions
>garlic

Superior taste, user.

Never try to reason with or educate meme dieters. Their self-worth is so invested into whatever current fad they're promoting that they can't even give you the time of day without their entire worldview crumbling to dust. Good job trying to keep the lurkers from falling for fad bullshit, though.

Keto works because it makes cico easier and mimics fasting, you also get quick results that make things easier and motivates people
But alot of what that user said is wrong and literally anyone who has been on keto successfully will tell you is wrong

Grandma? Is that you

>what that user said is wrong
Except that it's not. At all.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/28534852/

You dont seem to actually understand what ketosis is. It's just the body switching from glucose to ketones as a primary fuel, it has nothing to do with fasting.

We know the body absolutely shits itself for almost a month as it shifts into ketosis, and your energy/performance gutter. That's a major liability for a soldier.

In athetics, we already know that ketosis lowers performance in anaerobic exercise by approximately 15-20%. Keto athletes have less capacity for activities that require anaerobic glycolysis simply because they have less carbs on call to burn. Most of the carbs available for an athlete in ketosis are made in the liver via gluconeogenesis - hence the liver strain an unavailability.

In endurance sports, IF you implement a ketogenic diet well for 6 months or so, you can improve fat energy contribution during aerobic exercise from about 50 to about 85%. That's really, really, really cool, and has changed the face of personal fitness because it has a lot of side benefits. However, it does NOT not increase performance from an athletic standpoint.

Given the face that keto doesnt increase a soldiers performance, would cause logistical issues, and that ketosis would be disrupted every time a soldier goes on R&R for some beer resulting in him being handicapped for a month, it makes no goddamned sense ever to try to implement it.

diets are complete bullshit just moderate your intake of literally anything and youll be better off no need to make some radical change to the way you eat to improve

>hence the liver strain an unavailability.

Absolutely based. High meat diets are absolute top tier for any white man. Paleolithic Brits were as carnivorous as wolves and bears. Researchers were shocked the first time they found a neanderthal with vegetable matter in their teeth.
Third world subhumans, maybe you need to find a diet that works better for you. But do so in your own country, you primitive monkeys.

Has she done a brazzers scene yet?

These look awesome but I'd never go through the trouble of making them
Lettuce wrapped burgers are my shameful pleasure. I feel like some Califag eating one but goddamn that juicy crunch makes me so hard

I'd make the burgers normal sized and then cut them into pieces, then assemble it.

How in the fuck can you let your room deteriorate to this condition? Thanks Jow Forums now I have something to feel better about

Based

funny, the Old Milwaukee is his daily beer, when the money is low he buys Busch and the Weekend its Extra Gold Lager! hahahahah!

Attached: edwin-hart-turner-1.jpg (363x450, 23K)

What’s your take on the red dog?

keto will fuck your liver in the long term
I wish that the Mexicans refuse to block migrants just to make ketofags and millennial miserable

a fat chick came over and left them, he keeps them just in case she comes back

Attached: 1561199192145.jpg (1080x1080, 72K)

It's the kind of thing you make for a party.
Also works well if you're trying to get a fussy kid to eat.

Attached: meat baby.jpg (640x657, 46K)

kek'd.... prisoners are getting treated like the tools.

Attached: 1549699810328.webm (460x460, 2.86M)

post your hand

why? I'm not a nigger or a spic.

post your foreskin then

t. buttmad tool of the government

are you even allowed to post on Jow Forums, GI? get an approval for that first and then we can talk.

That's not even a joke. When I lived in the barracks, it was well known they'd only do inspections on Wednesday, so I had Monday to sober up. Tuesday to clean up. Wednesday night, we'd start the beer towers over again.
I knew a guy that was building a wall of dip cans in his window, and never got shit for it. Must have been one of the mechanic, because their chain of command gave no fucks.

onion powder and garlic powder are top tier for all cooking

>defense-department-to-ban-beer
Every base with an infantry presence would riot.

>ketogenic diet for anything other than looking like a 170lb twink with an 8 pack
Guess these fags didn't READ THE FUCKING STICKY.

Attached: 1539960263850.jpg (960x533, 66K)

>41925728
>Strawmanning over one mistyped phrase instead of challenging the argument. Keto diet is only good for burning some weight quick, then transitioning into a healthy diet.

Here’s your (You).

Don't forget cayenne pepper.

Not him, but keto is a perfectly fine primary diet if you're not expecting to do large amounts of intense exercise.

Obviously not good for a soldier or athlete.

Not on a keto diet myself, but--well, actually, my roommate is.

He was pretty overweight and got tha diabeetus. His doctors prescribed Metformin for it instead of insulin.

So this last winter he decided to go on a keto diet. Now, he isn't living on steak and bacon now. He's got his own refrigerator in the kitchen that's filled, mostly with fresh vegetables. Most of what he eats every day is broccoli, kale, mustard greens, and avocados. He's not eating fresh fruit, because his doctor warned him about sugar. He's not even putting sugar in his coffee.

He's lost over forty pounds since January--but it isn't the keto diet alone that's doing this. He's bicycling 10-12 miles, seven days a week, too, and lifting weights. He is enthusiastic about the keto diet--he says he feels better, and he's not hungry all the time the way he was when he lived on junk food--but I think the exercise is responsible for a large part of it too.

Soldiers in barracks still do PT every morning, and, depending on the nature of their jobs, some may do PT all day most days, right?

>.mil having serious fitness issues as well as very serious moral, recruitment, and suicide issue.
>New PT test is designed for gym rats but the old guard who runs everything absolutely refuses to have PT days set aside for weight lifting while maintaining 12-14 hour work days and shitty living and work conditions.
You know what it is? Bread.

Attached: [002834].png (354x286, 6K)

It has nothing to do with keto, it has to do with his calorie deficit and healthier foods.

>some may do PT all day most days, right?
Holy fuck are you kidding? PT is a joke for most MOS's and does nothing but hurt soldiers daily. The only job related PT the .mil does is moving boxes and starving in the field.

>military to ban beer.
Yeah lets see how that goes over. You legalize weed and you might get a few soldiers to switch but there is absolutely no way anyone in the military is going to stop drinking unless you pass out article 15s like candy.

Cutting refined sugar and simple carbs will do wonders even without making your brain go insane from glucose deprivation.

>*hands 17 year old chucklefuck a barbell with lmao1pl8*
>now do cleans and power jerks for time
>WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ARE YOU RETARDED THAT'S NOT HOW YOU DO THIS TECHNICAL OLYMPIC LIFT VARIATION QUIT FUCKING AROUND
>You can go to medical on your own time
But yeah it's definitely sugar.

>FAT BAD
I assumed it was well known that there are healthy fats and bad fats and you need healthy fats. It’s refined sugars and processed foods that are bad for you

This is all anecdotal, but I've helped several people with diets and the average american knows jack shit about nutrition. I once explained the concept of serving size to someone. That "100 cal" was actually 100 x 7.5 and it looked like she was about to cry.

>sugar in his coffee
I don’t understand why people do this

I suppose it's a matter of personal tastes, my dude. Why did my father put ketchup on fried rice?

Same army wide. They're not giving gym time to dudes, not teaching dudes how to lift correctly, and rolling out a new PT test that's going to fuck everybody

>100 cal" was actually 100 x 7.5
what

The serving size had a total calorie count of 100 calories. But there are 7.5 serving in a container. She was eating the entire container not realizing this as many people do.

Oh. Typical retardation. She knew, user. She just chose to lie to herself and was hoping someone would validate her idiocy.

AHAHAAHA
Go away ketard. CICO.

Attached: 1561265340486.jpg (935x859, 126K)

>and rolling out a new PT test that's going to fuck everybody
The deadlift is going to literally snap dudes in half. They're gonna try to start off with 2 plates having never deadlifted in their life and fuck themselves and unless someone realizes this the army is going to lose a ton of soldiers quick. I've offered to take my guys to the gym but I can't force them to go after work because again, 12-14 hour days full of bullshit. I've begged my PSG for some PT at the gym but he refuses. I honestly think it's because he doesn't know what to do there.

I would think the same thing had I read it, but the look on her face said more than I ever could. She lost a lot of weight last time I saw her so she just needed the knowledge.

to be entirely fair to her, a lot of labels are kind of ridiculous. A little can of store brand spaghetti is "2.5 servings." Really guys? A candy bar is "3 servings." And it's always in tiny print. I suspect the people selling this stuff don't want to advertise it.

But then I've never gotten "16 servings" out of a box of cereal, even when I measure with a measuring cup, so I'm guilty too.

Attached: superb_owl_of_cereal.jpg (1280x720, 477K)

It's hex bar though.

>plants
>keto
Hoboy.

You meant to say "carnivore" which is even more retarded.

At least now when I'm dying of six different types of cancer from the burnpit I won't be fat

And? To a dude who has literally never lifted which is the majority of .mil it's not going to help any more than a little. Plus the whole, "women have to meet the same standards" thing. Believe in whatever bullshit you want but women are physically weaker both in musculature and bone density and when the commander makes the black standard mandatory, because they can and will, its going to be twice as bad for them.

This PT test is either going to get dropped when they realize what they've done, or there is going to be a serious uptick in honorable discharges.

spinach
berries
poultry/fish/meat
sweet potats
nuts

hwhat am I missing boyos?

It's a start, they'll figure it out over time. They're expecting people to fail initially.

Looks alright but you probably want a little variety so you don't disassociate yourself with your service weapon in a port-a-john.

And your back will be fucked 10x faster.

God Bless the stupid bastards who make politicians fortunes.

>while a high protein Keto diet will strain logistics because you'll need to move more and heavier food around.
Carbs and protein have basically the same kilocalories per gram.
If anything protein rich foods usually require less water to prepare, so that would be a weight savings in some circumstances. Cost is of course a different aspect.

>yeah it sucks, is being planned poorly, and will in no way be executed properly but let's keep going and hope it works out.
You a lifer then?

retarded, this is what happens when you stare at charts all day without a single though about what youre actually doing

on paper less cheap carbs technically leads to better metabolism and regulate blood sugar for some people better control over stress levels (key point not fucking everyone)

for most people, eating simple carbs actually decrease stress hormone release and alleviate initial syptoms from over stimulated sympathetic nervous systems, they also exist in forms that boost morale like alcohol, chocolate, pizza etc etc, making broad dietary choices like this is retarded because you may as well hand out onions protein paste at that point if youre not even going to consider morale

>Paleolithic brits
Tell me user, why should I care about a bunch of black guys

he got depressed and lost his self esteem

I thought the military did body ressistance all day

>166
Witchcraft.

Attached: 1450661829161.jpg (840x700, 368K)

Calorie deficit is easier on keto

another reason why this is fucking retarded for people using their bodies all day

>Body resistance
I'm not sure what you mean by this but I'm going to assume you mean body weight excersise. It's done for at most an hour a day, and I stress at most, and it's 50% of the time.

Half the "workout" is the same 15 stretches every. single. day. The other half is bullshit no one takes seriously because as long as you pass the pt test no one cares and all the SNCOs have profiles anyway so it doesn't affect them. Add to that BW exercises do not translate to lifting at all.

The army as a whole has broken moral. That's the problem and no one knows what to do so they force more 350-1 training and bad ideas down our throats making it worse.

Why? Because you're paying attention to what you eat? Just like every other diet in existence. Cal in vs cal out plus dedication is the only diet that works. Fancy it up however you like.

>and it's cardio 50% of the time.

every wook is going to get a sandy vagina from the lack of chocolate during their period

>wool
Had to look that up. I like it and I'm taking it. Try and stop me nerd.

Attached: 1399481634919.jpg (648x3000, 645K)

Calories aren’t calories. You won’t be getting fat on protein.

I lost about 20 lbs just by switching out bread for white rice. It's not the best for you but one bowl and a few chicken breasts would keep me fed all day. Now I'm twink-mode and never looking back

post tummy

>Calories aren’t calories.
Calculate your caloric needs, eat 1k above it every day and you will gain weight. If you argue against that you are arguing against basic thermodynamics.

Doesn't matter where or what type of energy you put in your maw. If you get too much of it it will become excess fat.

You can't take my wool I need it.

>Service members, and Navy SEALS especially, may have to forgo beer and burritos for skinny cocktails and avocado salad (forget the tortilla chips) if a proposal from Special Operations Command gains momentum.
>For the keto nutritional plan to be successful, it has to be followed strictly, and that includes after-hours and weekends.

No drinking for SEALs on leave? Good fucking luck with that. These guys may be ready to die for their country, but now you're asking for the ultimate sacrifice.

It's cold here and I need it more than you because I'm angrier and exhaust more heat. Fuck off.

>Sweet potatoes
>Berries
Not keto

Black is the only way to drink it.

Attached: tumblr_me23eqw1eD1qctvjho1_1280.jpg (595x904, 175K)