Meme weapon or would it serve well me in bear country

meme weapon or would it serve well me in bear country

Attached: mossberg-shockwave.jpg (4272x2848, 1.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ammoland.com/2019/03/pistols-or-handguns-used-to-defend-against-bear-attack-95-effective-63-cases/#axzz5sVFf853Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's a 12ga.

>inb4 muh sights
you don't need to surprise bears, if you're going to fire on them it's when they're changing or thinking of charging.

Any shotgun without a buttstock is useless. You can’t aim down the sights and fire without it hitting you in the face, and good luck hip firing at a charging bear. Just get one with a buttstock, or a .45-70 lever gun or something.

>is my impossible to aim cqc only reduced velocity meme cannon viable against bears?
no, but only really because you won’t hit anything with it. there was something posted here or /out/ about pistols vs bears, and unless its a grizzly, 9mm and up with high power defense ammo is gtg

thats a close quarter defense weapon meant for blasting jose and tyrone, not for bears.

A .454+ revolver in a quality chest rig is the only answer if you hike or camp in bear country. A lever gun is better if you work, drive, or stand around where bears are a risk

You can’t aim down the sights and fire without it hitting you in the face
I've done it several times and have not had that issue, even with 3" slugs. Maybe not skip forearms when you work out.

>Not 460

Attached: 1545563912276.png (527x446, 47K)

Needs to be wrapped in X Mas lights

Attached: XWcDQt2.jpg (1000x652, 24K)

Point shooting is a reliable method of firing a weapon. It's not perfect or easy with every gun, but is possible. All it takes is a lot of practice and range time.

I'm not a bear and I don't think you should ever carry a dangerous weapon out in the woods.

carry bear mace. you wont get mauled by a angry wounded bear when you miss 4 of your 5 shots.

Can you kill a charging bear with an AR-15 from 30ft away if you just magdump?

Definitely assuming you penetrate the skull or hit a lung.

ammoland.com/2019/03/pistols-or-handguns-used-to-defend-against-bear-attack-95-effective-63-cases/#axzz5sVFf853Q
indeed

>You can’t aim down the sights and fire without it hitting you in the face,
This simply isn't true, I've had scrawny teenage cousins fire it and it doesn't smack them or fly out of their hands.
I have no doubt it would get uncomfortable over time, but in a bear defense situation where you only have time to fire one or two shots, it's perfectly acceptable.

>You can’t aim down the sights and fire without it hitting you in the face

Yes you can you soi drinking trap.

Get a brace and brenneke slugs, your golden

>Can you kill a charging bear with an AR-15 from 30ft away if you just magdump?

I am pretty sure I saw a violent elephant get btfo by pistol fire.

That's why you put a goddamned brace on it.

Attached: 8451120_02_new_mossberg_590_shockwave_20g_640.jpg (640x480, 47K)

Nah just get a proper sling.

Protip, the adjustable version of that brace, the SBA4 is 95 dollars now. It comes with a milspec brace. The ergo adapter costs 25 dollars and comes with all the hardware to put any AR-15 pistol grip on it.
Pretty fucking good deal to have what is basically an SBS for cheap and can cross state lines.

*ahem*
it comes with a milspec buffer tube*

Attached: c59bcdcb4c[1].png (223x409, 29K)

Having a stock is better, because it's easier to stay on target for rapidly dumping shot on a charging bear, but you can still put it to use with enough practice.

A charging bear is an unstoppable force. Nothing you could throw at it would do anything other than make it mad, that is if a human could even react fast enough to get a shot off. The age old wisdom of dropping to the ground and laying still is the best option.

Attached: Watch_ Bear carries object that appears to be a laptop ___.jpg (860x576, 32K)

>This nigger cant hipfire like hes king of the trailer park

Oh I am laughin.

Attached: 1556663102580.jpg (493x386, 33K)

Patently fucking false.

Attached: .45-70 Government.jpg (600x332, 30K)

Literally 380 acp stops bears you fucking retard faggot kike nigger fucktard cunt shit for brains.

Stop posting.

Yes you can, just extend your arms so there's a good distance between the ass end and your face. Pull with your support hand, push with your trigger hand. Also don't be a pussy.

>Fuck you, cocksucker!

You push with your support hand and pull with your dominant, dude. And as an unrelated sidenote, birdsheads grip is infinitely more comfy than PGOs.

No bears allowed on Jow Forums

Are twinks ok?

Isn't the SBA3 adjustable, too?

Yeah, ok bear.

I encountered a grizzly at around 30 yards.
Had my shotgun (memrick 88 with the short barrel and buttstock) already out as I was adjusting my pack.
He looked at me and didn't give a fuck
My dumbass thought it would be a good idea loading birdshot then 5 slugs. But then again I wasn't planning on running into a grizzly. Expected mountain lions in that area

>all these butthurt pistol grip owners

Yeah a shotgun without a stock isn’t completely useless, but almost

I think there’s a place for it. Be easy to use if you were in a tent and a bear came in the middle of the night and tried to eat you

375 holland and holland my nugga

trips confirm

as long as it's not anime i don't give a fuck