Alright, I like these two carbines, which one should I choose for home defense, inawood against wild animals?

alright, I like these two carbines, which one should I choose for home defense, inawood against wild animals?

Attached: 642915m2_ts.jpg (1142x785, 355K)

Molested glock for functionality

Gluk-zilla in your choice of caliber

Although this is more like a 10mm vs .30 carbine comparison

Count your hands. Two? Good. Get both.

If your gonna get an m1, get one from auto ordnance. everyone who owns an m1 complains about their's but i have had absolutely NOTHING go wrong with my m1 from auto ord

Attached: 1555712027258.jpg (407x500, 44K)

Hey retard, early universals and usgi carbines work great. If you use good mags

M1 is infinitely cooler and you won't get the cops called on you by retards innawoods

How's the recoil comparison between 30 and 10?

Don't have a 1cm, but it compares well with a .357 lever gun or like 75% of a 556.
Points and shoots well.
My early universal chews through steel case tula without any problems. 1 faulure to eject in 500rnds.

You will in NJ, because they're illegal.

Don't mind me, still salty because I had too have a conversation with the police because I asked to buy one in a gunstore. Apparently just saying "we can't sell that, it's banned in NJ was too much"

No, you are wrong. Anti gunners promised me they would stop banning guns the second they came to mine. I support gun control because it won't ever affect my preferred firearms. What part of ban state proof don't you understand? Anti gunners prommmmmmised! Mine is the non scary gun, remember? BAN PROOF!

It was $300 bucks and they had it in store posted online, but I couldn't buy it because glorious NJ, now I can't find one for double that price

Sounds like a honeypot

Got mine for 600$ same price as a decent sks around here.

m1 carbine would be PERFECT if it shot everytime... aparently it's the mags, if magpul tried something I wonder if that would work, metal mags just slightly bent is enough to cause problems

Attached: DSCN0120.jpg (2348x4174, 3.19M)

Mine shoots everytime, USGI mags are perfect, KCI mags work good too, you just have to bend the lips.
DON'T USE 30rnders unless you have an m2 magwell.

I suspect most of the fuddlore around reliability is repro carbines suck.

>I asked to buy one

Fuck New Jersey, it's not even America at this point and they don't even try to fake it anymore

Attached: 1523863476075.jpg (236x252, 18K)

.30 carbine is expensive af and the glock is arguably more reliable.

0.19cpm is expensive?

Does auto ordnance repro M1 work with 30 round mags

Does auto ordnance repro M1 work with 30 round mags

They make 30 rounders in house, idk how well the work.

NJ user here, that ban was extended thanks to the (((NY SAFE))) act that lists the 15 round magazines and bayonet lug as reason enough to be listed as an Assault Weapon.

Launch a nuke at this shithole, I'm done with this fucking state. Also, sink New York Shitty too.

Attached: 1529258222105.jpg (480x389, 14K)

Does that mean you can buy one of the versions that doesn't come with bayonet lug?

You already know what's better

Attached: Innaalpinelake.jpg.jpg (2770x3695, 1.71M)

it's appealing that's for damn sure, man I hate living in California, I wanna rock that 30 round mag

It's not even because of features, it's straight on the banned firearms list. There's that story about the guy that got 5 years because he was shooting one that he converted into a pump action buy side it had m1 carbine stamped on it, he got it good.

oh wtf they have steelcase 30 carbine?

Whichever one you like more. Stop being an internet bugman retard faggot.

Find a carbine with the 3 lug magwell and rock 30rnd usgi mags

Attached: 4g6pdy.jpg (720x540, 97K)

I thought the reel was one of those OG infrared scopes for a second

I have the mech tech, it’s really fucking fun. Always turns heads at the range when I assemble it too

Would be based to hunt coyotes with innadesert, but the reels for fishing trout innawoods

this. M1 for innawoods. Glock contracption for innahouse.

anyone have an M1-9? been considering one for a while but I've read a lot of mixed reviews ranging from several ftf per magazine to one every 500

How do you like that collapsing reel? I considered getting one for when I go exploring around on my dual sport. Id imagine it doesn't have much flex.

I’ve heard using USGI surplus mags is the trouble free way to go. I’d get one someday.

I moved from NJ 3 years ago and discovered the joy of being able to make impulse gun buys. Never again!

USGI 15 round magazines are the only ones worth a shit for M1 Carbines. The poor reliability of 30 round GI mags was one of the justifications for doing away with the M1 Carbine and replace it with the AR15/M16. There were no end of magazine problems with these rifles, which isn't surprising when you examine a GI magazine and see how cheap and rinkydink they actually were, how thin the metal was. Some sources say the magazines were designed to be disposable--which was acceptable in 1944, when frontline units were getting truckloads of new mags along with ammo. Twenty years later in Vietnam armorers for US advisers were having a harder and harder time keeping the guns in running order.

Another is that although they changed the specs on the bolt multiple times during and after WWII, different geometry, different heat treatment, the locking lugs of the bolts were prone to cracking. It was such a severe problem that early 1970s era tech manuals say that M1 Carbines in service are to have their bolts pulled and magnafluxed by the armory every four hundred (400) rounds fired.

Yes, postwar repro M1 Carbines made out of cast parts from Taiwan were even worse. That doesn't change the fact that the M1 Carbine was a flawed design that should never have been adopted in the first place.

Not very. Even GI 30 rounders are spotty and don't necessarily work with a given rifle. You have to buy a dozen and test them and keep three or four good ones.

Yes.

I am told it is somewhat underloaded and barely cycles the gun, which is not a serious problem unless you're trying to feed a fullauto M2 Carbine with it.

Fuck this post goes from one tide to another, I guess I am going with the safe bet

If you're not going to get an m1 than at least go for a decent carbine that's reliable as fuck.

Attached: 35742-DEFAULT-l.jpg (1350x900, 66K)

.30 carbine because it'll light most anything the fuck up.