Mk. 23 Socom pistol

What's the best suppressable pistol be to own? Obviously it would be in .45 acp, since subsonic 9mm is gimped at that speed. While researching 45acp guns, I read that the Mk. 23 has this slide locking feature that lets it fire without the slide moving at at all. This would make it as quite as a bolt action pistol. Does the civilian model have this feature? My next best option would be a 1895 Nagant with a nig rigged threaded barrel, since it also fires without any moving parts besides the hammer drop.

Attached: 15389.jpg (700x484, 52K)

bruh welrod nigga duh udumb nigga lamao

10/10 bait, you managed to say so many stupid things at the same time. Honestly, I am amazed OP.

Attached: 1557004958642.gif (480x270, 471K)

Full power 147gr 9mm is subsonic. Some of the newer hollowpoints like 147gr HST are some of the best performing 9mm hollow points. So you can shoot some of the best performing 9mm ammo out of a can and be subsonic.

the slide lock was a part of the development guns but i dont think the production mk23 models have that feature. i could be mistaken though.
theres lots of moving parts in a nagant. what makes it good for supressor use is the cylinder moves forward when firing and forms a gas seal

But not with a locked slide pistol?

Attached: N0000.jpg (2833x1715, 178K)

If you use the nagant in single action mode, the cylinder is already closed up when you pull the trigger. The only moving part is the hammer.

Ok you are just a nogunz moron who doesn't realize supressed guns are still loud. A .45 shot out of a suppressor is still going to be over 120db. My friend has a HK USP .45 with a can and I have fired it several times. It is nothing like the movies.

The mk23 slide does not lock. That was an early development idea that was scrapped.
9mm is better than .45 for suppressing. 9mm is not gimped, they just use heavier bullets. Nagant pistol is actually garbage. I advise you to get one anyway since they're so cheap, then you can see for yourself.
>Does the civilian model have this feature?
No, but if you want you can just stop the slide from moving on any striker fired pistol. Just put your hand behind it and hold the slide in place. It doesn't hurt.
I believe he's getting at the idea it'll be quieter since the slide won't be reciprocating.

I know about the Welrod, but sucks ass in terms of ergonomics, it uses wipes that wear out in 10 shots and those individual wipes are all subject to suppressor laws, meaning you need to pay a stamp for every little rubber wipe you put in the gun. The rigger is also a bent wire.

>welrod
heh, lolno. neat. but, no.

All this. Also the Beretta 92 is a great suppressor host in 9mm since you don't need a piston on it.

that was a planned feature but was dropped
retard

Ruger mark iv/fivesevens since they fit .22 and .223 suppressors.

Attached: CC4441E3-AB4E-457B-8612-956A6AAE4079.jpg (1680x1124, 382K)

I know they're loud, but in the subsonic, pistol cartridge catagory, there are pistols with a muzzle report that is quieter than the action of the slide cycling the gun.

>mfw reading this post

Attached: barneyretard.jpg (227x225, 6K)

I must disagree on what you think about 9mm subsonics being "just as good". The idea that advances in bullet technology have made 9mm just as good will only start showing when you use more expensive ammo. This ammo will have different ballistics to regular ammo. Unless you're rich, you certainly will not train with top shelf ammo. So it's kind of useless. I wouldn't train with one group of ammo that shoots straight and carry another brand that hits in a completely different spot on paper targets. I know how important muscle memory is.

So no, subsonic 9mm - although viable at the high end - isn't good for an average person.

>I know they're loud, but in the subsonic, pistol cartridge catagory, there are pistols with a muzzle report that is quieter than the action of the slide cycling the gun.

Yes, and they're all .22.

How is 9mm better than .45? If we are using subsonic loads we are limited to less than 1,100 fps (roughly) why would I want a slightly smaller (in both diameter and more importantly weight) projectile at that point?

What's the best .22 host for an assassin loadout?

I have a can and a SW22 Victory but the combo is just too long and unwieldy to larp. I was thinking about procuring a Beretta Bobcat.

Attached: tt0gja8.jpg (3915x1672, 1.57M)

If I use an MP5SD without a stock can it legally be considered a "pistol"?

subsonic 9mm in a suppressor designed for 9mm (as in, not shooting it through a .45 can) is usually quieter than .45, if that matters for your use. they're both certainly sufficient for killing someone. most 9mm handguns will have far greater magazine capacity than .45 handguns as well.

OP here, I've done some more research and I'm going to share it because I'm nice. 9mm will usually be quieter than 45acp by about 10db. This is because of the nature of modern suppressors and the baffles they use to capture the escaping gasses. Baffles work more efficiently at capturing gasses when there is a smaller diameter hole in the center of the baffles for the bullet to travel through. For 2 suppressors, one being 9mm and that other 45acp, the 45acp will be louder if it is the same size as the 9mm suppressor. Both calibers can be suppressed to the same sound level if they have big enough suppressors, but 45acp requires a very large suppressor for the power of the bullet, because of its diameter.

But on the other hand, assuming both bullets are capped at the same speed, the 45 will always be more damaging, even if the 9mm is the same weight. This is because the lesser sectional density of 45acp lets it dump energy quicker than a 9mm.

So it's a matter of priorities. If you want less noise, go for the smaller bullet. If you want maximum power in a subsonic velocity, the widest bullet is the best, but least quiet.

Incidentally, I found that .300blk is actually a bad subsonic round, in terms of terminal effects. It's such a long, but heavy bullet. That high sectional density means it will go right through a human torso, dumping less energy and expanding less than a 45acp would. If you want an AR that will knock someone down hard in a subsonic, suppressed configuration, go for .458 SOCOM.

Attached: quietest-9mm-suppressor.jpg (640x427, 103K)

Assassins concerned with concealment will use screw on suppressors. They know where and when they will make the kill, so they always have time to screw it on.

Screw on suppressors can be wetted easily, as well. Just spray the muzzle side hole before you put it on.

Those revolvers with piston ammo they have tunnel rats in Vietnam, or the ots 38. Literally as loud as dry firing

Does anyone make subsonic .50 AE or .500 S&W? Because reasons.

Attached: 1524690657048.jpg (793x600, 200K)

Attached: 1537981637714.png (500x313, 178K)

Imagine if it used a suppressor.

>slide locking
that was only on the first prototype. if you want something cool then suppress a .40 HK. fixes the ammo issue and let's you carry a decent capacity with subsonics.