/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

>LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = BIG YES
>LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BIG NO

IN GENERAL, IF YOU HAVE A MINOR MEDICAL CONDITION THAT'S NOT NOTICEABLE THEN YOU DON'T HAVE THAT MEDICAL CONDITION.

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ (embed) (embed)
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

warriorcorpsman.com/
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga (embed) (embed)

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
Fuck no, but here.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png (embed) (embed)
tl;dr: Long hard school, long work hours, with good job prospects. It's definitely not for everyone or even most people in general.

CG info
>gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 1FQcAHZ.jpg (1280x854, 151K)

First for

MOST
POWERFUL
RACE

Attached: RatherBeDeadthanRed.jpg (2512x2128, 794K)

Attached: chinese cucks.jpg (660x794, 207K)

Attached: GUERILLAMAMA.jpg (906x882, 233K)

Flips for the navy, white man for the coast guard.

why the fuck are multitools the most stolen item on base?

Thinking about being USCG gunners mate or pushing paper in the AF, thanks for the comments last thread, by the time I got back the thread was archived so I guess I'll ask my more specific questions here

Are AF or CG benefits better?

Which basic is tougher? (probably like asking which 5 year old is stronger but still)

Which will give me more opportunities post contract?

Does the GI bill somehow differ between branches?

I made the mistake of getting married before deciding that I was going to enlist, after basic, and I get my station, do I always come after doing my job or will that depend on what job I do? For example does coast guard do deployments like Airforce does or no?

Lastly what would I need to enlist as officer for CG as opposed to AF?

Attached: granblue.png (584x830, 593K)

satoshi thinks hes getting some easy jungle poon but gets his throat cut instead.

Same benefits, AF college credits are kinda cringe but may transfer to actual college credits while CG does offer schools to get you a 2 year and 4 year degree.

Coast Guard by far, a lot of people say it's on the same level as Army but more psychological, sort of like the Marines.

Probably similar opportunities honestly, it all depends on what your job is. Keep in mind that the Air Force has like 80 jobs while the Coast Guard has like 15. You'll be a jack of all trades in your field which will help post-military.

No.

Coast Guard does go underway and if you sign up for a job like ME you can be deployed for a while. If you pursue the CG this is something you can figure out but jobs like YN and SK will be shore dudes just chilling for probably the majority of their careers. Regardless, you'll either be doing deployments or going underway.

Fuck if I know, my childhood was too traumatizing to allow for me to become an officer.

Anyone going for Marine OCS selection? I’m targeting winter. Doing much more calisthenics and down to 2x weekly weightlifting. Maxing crunches and pull-ups but my run is weak at 21:05. Hoping to be sub-19:00 by November.

Running 4-5x weekly hitting at least one of each of the following. I’d like to get my mileage to at least 25mi/week but am concerned about overtraining.

Sprint days:

200m, 400, 800, 400, 200m max effort

Mileage days:
5-7 miles at ~9:00 pace

Fartleks:
Combination sprints, pace and jogs for 3-5 miles with calisthenics every .5 miles

Anyone else working on their 3 mile?

For crunches, I do 5x weekly max-effort pyramids. 2 min on, 1 min rest, 1 min on, 30 sec rest, 30 sec on.

Pull-ups I just did Armstrong and then when I got to about 18 reps max worked on volume to hit 100 through my lift days or sets of 10 to failure. Volume seems to be king at the higher reps, with my forearms being the weakest link.

based phillipines

Because good ones cost like $100+ and the issued ones fuckin suck

How do I find an Air Force recruiter, and would an email be best first contact? What should I say?

welp. felt i should've lie on the debt question, fuck.

Attached: f.png (1026x171, 27K)

Joining the Marines, how do I tell my family? I haven’t mentioned it to them at all so it’ll be out of left field

35M with language that attended DLI here ready to answer your questions.

Attached: 35m.jpg (1029x575, 40K)

Never tell them
>to fat
>for the chairforce
Damn user

35M is on my interest list. Tell me what languages they're handing out and what AIT consists of without getting too in depth.

Please.

do you need to be a chad to be one? Is it a 4 year or 6 year contract if you do the DLI option?

The reason I ask, is because I'm a pretty introverted dude, but I can hold my own in a conversation. Now, a friend of mine who is a 35F says that the absolute most autistic of the bunch are 35Ms, so now I'm curious. That 40k bonus also looks nice

When I went through DLI a few years ago they were handing out; Modern Standard Arabic, Iraqi Arabic, Levantine Arabic, Egyptian Arabic, Persian Farsi, Korean, Mandarin, Russian, Indonesian, Urdu, French, and maybe a few others I'm not remembering. Most everyone I knew got some type of Arabic or Farsi, some people got the Asian languages or Russian.

AIT was around 5-6 months. You just learn the absolute most basic foundation to become an interrogator, kinda useless IRL but your unit will square you away. It was about 6 weeks of interrogation training, followed by MSO training, followed by a week long field exercise. AIT and IET in general are pretty fucking gay if you're any kind of adult.
The Chadliest of the MI Corps are Mikes. That being said there are plenty of weaboo weirdos autists.
Tell your friend to raise his PT score and go outside the wire. Oh wait analysts don't do that. The most autistic group is far and away the 35P's, fucking magic the gathering and WoW as far as the eye can see. 35F's aren't autistic theyre just fat product stealers. 35M's is a grab bag between should have been infantry, regular POG, and should've been a Walmart greeter. Probably the most varied, narcissistic pseudo intellectual group of mother fuckers. You can absolutely be an introvert but when its time to do some collection you need to turn on the talking.

Also, I had a 3.5 year contract, signed an extension for DLI that was 8 months. Some people signed 16 month extensions. If youre going to DLI expect between 4 and 5 years.

Attached: 1518557982122.jpg (785x644, 51K)

If you want more info I can explain more in depth. I'm kinda doing a stream of consciousness because I've been drinking

did you sign one of those "35W" contracts? That's what comes with the 40k bonus and DLI as far as the army website says.

>tfw finally getting a medical waiver for the surgery I had
Apparently it isn't a disqualifier so long as you get cleared 6 months after the surgery. I was worried I'd get sent the fuck home from MEPS with a big scar across my, well, ass.

Attached: image-1-1.jpg (467x467, 22K)

Do you guys think I should go for AST? Do you guys believe in me?

Attached: 2kgx1ca9lw2z.jpg (576x768, 85K)

Honestly the BMI restriction just to enlist is actually stricter than other branches since the AF knows their basic is less physical so it wont whip fatties into shape as much as other branches. When i did recruiters assistance after tech school i had to tell like a quarter of the kids coming in that they were too fat to even be considered. One of my fondest memories desu

how many of these shit threads are you gonna make per day? the old one is still active and has few posts. anyway, reminder not to fall for this shit. get a real job, kids, and don't die in some shithole over fucking nothing. defend your own family, friends and countrymen... and not foreigners.

Attached: 1560305843233.webm (460x460, 2.86M)

This one was made before the other one, what are are you talking about? I made it since I saw no threads about it for a few hours. Ask the other guy

Ive done LSD many times, should I lie about it if I wanna go to rangers? Never been caught or arrested.

I've heard garrison for Mike's is mostly report writing and details. How true is that?

Also, what is the field like when you guys go?

Can a aspie join the coast guard?

No I had never heard of that until I read this today. I've been in for four years.

Can't write reports if you don't collect information. Can't collect information if you aren't working on non-us citizens downrange.
Garrison for 35M's is a lot of motor pool mondays, a lot of certs, layouts, army classes that are obscure and irrelevant, details, it's pretty boring but sometimes you'll get some cool training or get to leave early. It isn't that bad but it's just lame.
The field is alright. The biggest problem is when you have OpFor that aren't other HUMINT guys, so they don't know a thing about the real collection process, and you ask them one question and they tell you everything. So your training is kind of shitty. When the OpFor does have HUMINT guys you can't actually get challenged and grow. A lot of BDE's don't know how to use HUMINT, and so it's often underutilized or mismanaged on field exercises. Expect to sit for hours in your truck, talk to someone for a few minutes, not write a report, and then sleep for days at a time.

You're already too retarded to join if you have to ask. Sorry user, enjoy your life as a tax-paying civilian

>stoner for 5+ years
>regular cocaine user
>LSD, shrooms, pills on occasions
>never got charged with any drug use/posession
>kept my social media clean of my abuse

I got clean, denied having ever touched a drug in my life, pissed clean, and I've been serving for over a year now. Deny, deny, deny. Unless they have proof they'll never know.

If that's in the Philipines, then most soldiers there were Koreans.

so should i stick with what i got now, AECF, or submit a package for nuke?

AECF was giving out good bonuses last year, I heard IT is getting good bonuses right now. Nuke always gets good bonuses, but fuck all that schooling.

wheres the discord invite?

I made a discord for general Jow Forums related stuff but I got yelled at for posting a link for it

bonus for AECF is like ~10k, nuke is around 4x as much but the schooling + schedule + only being on a sub/carrier seems like a big downside

How much of a big deal is a wisdom tooth removal? Just report that as soon as possible?

Let 'em do it in bootcamp, they're pros at it, and then you get SIQ for a few days which is comfy

Are there any jobs to be a translator in Korea or Japan in the military?

Coast guard does do deployments but they do have shore units as well. The bigger ships like the 270' and larger can be at sea for up to 4 months but many of the smaller ones only go on patrol for a week or less. And lots of them are home every night. So it depends on your unit but if you don't want to be gone for a long time then the CG has options.

>medical history

I had the tendon in my ankle replaced. Its fine, I run about 5 miles a day without issue. Will this be a problem?

Well, I guess I can probably make an appeal to remove the remaining 3.

THEY DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT UNLESS YOU TELL THEM. DO NOT TELL THEM
Wish someone had told me this. It's taken a full year for me to even go to MEPs because I took antidepressants for a week as a trial

Has anyone in the thread ever been pursued with criminal charges for lying? At meps

No that's just a scare tactic

Met an NSW team 5 guy through work and some SEALS that he's friends with, they suggested I put in for BUDS, so I applied to my local recruiters office.

My recruiter fucked me and now I don't know how to get in.

My recruiter suggested I supplied the navy with my entire medical profile, so I did. They found that I had a 5150 danger to self and others call made on me to the police requiring a psychiactric hold. I had an evaluation stating that while I was clear of any sort of psychological problems, the ME suggested I may have depression on my discharge summary. I can still work with firearms and have since made 5 second opinions clearing me but the navy won't look at it.

My questions are:
>how can I get in touch with someone from BUMED and SHOW THEM that I'm fine?

>Who is above my recruiter in office that I can contact? Or failing that how can I get in touch with the recruiting divisional chief in my area?

My recruiter is fucking stonewalling me telling me that there's no word from MEPS about my submitted medical profile for 10 months now. Im checking once a month and I know it doesn't take this long.

youre fucked, retard. we told you to lie, but desu that would have come up in your background, so you would still be fucked. Kill your seal fantasy, you were never gonna make it anyway.

Not him but do involuntary holds as minors come up? What if you were only kept overnight and not 3 days?

you do realize it's easy to verify if you have outstanding debt, user? that's something you don't lie about in life, generally.
it's never a problem as long as you're actively paying it.

>Honestly the BMI restriction just to enlist is actually stricter than other branches
>air force
shut the fuck up no it isn't. i had to get 5lbs under my max just to ship to marine boot and my army bud had to get to 10.

it's up to the recruiter to say where to draw that line. real fat fucks in my same office had to get 10 under as well and be 10 under a month before they shipped.
don't try to act like they're doing anything special, please.

I mean I don't actually do the backgrounds, but I have a TS and have had to do all the background stuff, and they are pretty damn through. i assume it will come up if you are in any federal or state records. I don't know if an overnight as a minor is a deal breaker. You should find out how well documented the event was and then I would probably not say anything about it, but if you have to do a lifestyle poly later you might crack like a dumb bitch.

>got yelled at
by who? who cares?
though don't post it here, because discord is gay and that's why people hate it.

doesn't minor criminal history get expunged at some point?

no. you can't even find the govt charging someone for not doing their duties in the IRR.
it's just too much hassle and instead they kick you out.

>lifestyle poly
virtually no active military get lifestyle.

it's impossible to prosecute. Even if they did try to pursue you all you have to do is claim you didn't know you had whatever you had. Medical records are sacred and private. No one can get at them.

>want to be a corpsman
>long bout of depression back in high school, had a trial prescription of antidepressants last year
Am I fucked?

I did some shit when I was 13 and it went to court, plead guilty, got probation and it was sealed. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks or so. I'm not sure how thorough military checks are since i can still buy guns?

What if you have rune 2h

Attached: Screenshot_20190703-044942_DuckDuckGo~2.jpg (196x207, 6K)

If someone is color-blind what can they NOT do?

It never happened.

see all the colors other people see

Dont tell them and they cant find out. If you do tell them, expect it to throw a monkey wrench into everything.

i dont see how your reply is relevant but id like to laugh at how you found a picture of a rune 2h and then screenshotted it and cropped it.
instead of just saving a picture so it looks less shit and saves you time.

The general information copy paste in this threads OP needs to include the following information.

MEDICAL RECORDS ARE PRIVATE. NO ONE CAN ACCESS THEM EXCEPT YOU. UNLESS YOU VOLUNTEER INFORMATION THEY WILL NEVER KNOW.

pass a flight physical.

Depends on what you do and where you go. Im 35P and got lifestyle poly'd

the guy(s) maintaining this lately have been pretty shit and are definite newfags.
they cant maintain OPs properly.

True, you can get a waiver for air crew but no flying for you. You can wave a lot, but you are not gonna see a combat unit.

doubt it but it'd be doxworthy to ask your unit and billet so i wont bother.
even at spook billets though only civs get lifestyle in my experience. CI for uniformed folks

I was on tricare

What's the flight physical like?

Youre honestly prolly good dude. Don't say shit about it would be my advice.
Youre stupid for thinking your limited experince is the totality of reality. I'm at NSA Georgia, I won't tell you the exact unit but it is pretty vanillia, no secret squirrel stuff.

a physical but for flight.
vision test, and general physical things. You can get one just about anywhere they do physicals in the private sector if you want to see if you pass.

Eyes, and a regular doc check up, from what I recall. Colorblindness test is the ishihara color dot one. I'm red/green colorblind so that was super annoying, took a month and a half to get the waiver signed, but I was cleared as long as I was working with somebody else who wasn't colorblind.

>NSA
>lifestyle
which is why i doubt it. i've seen guys get out and need lifestyle to resume their exact same job as a civ.
but we're not going to prove shit one way or another. the few lifestyle uniformed people i've ever heard of (didnt meet) were huminters and probably did work for another agency as part of a niche relationship. under general DoD it's not needed.

what combat situation would come up where this would matter? I understand the traditional usage of red and green but is there a situation when someone would be flying a helicopter where red and green would be so close together that you couldn't see?

Say nothing or you’ll be barred for like 5 years the military already has enough suicides

Nightvision/instrument panel.

Is there a good way to bring up persistent suicidal thoughts with my command?

Japan for Officers.
Korea for enlisted and officers but it's not really translating per se. You might intercept and translate communications but you aren't going to be an interpreter.

Alright. Guess I'll think more about enlisting. Do I need to be proficient or fluent in Japanese first?

Not if you want to get booted

Youre almost definitly not getting Japanese. Korean was pretty common when I went through DLI a few years ago. I was a 35PKP, a korean linguist. You seem like a faggoot weeaboo so you should probably not join the military, but if you do know that you don't get to pick your language, you go needs of the Army. Look into the other branches to find one where you can pick the language, Navy was able to pick.

I am Japanese-American and am in a weird situation where I can't get a work visa in Japan so I figured it would be an acceptable alternative to do military stuff to get there instead. I'll look at the navy.. do you need security clearance for interpretation work?

Look up the FAO program. Foreign Area Officer. These are the guys that work as liasons with host nations. This is the your best bet at learning Japanese, not a good chance, but the best chance. If you already know it then you're better off.

Yeah, all of that work will be in intel, all TS stuff. I'm about 99% sure you cannot have duel citizenship and hold TS, so I think you are out of luck.

What's interesting is you can't hold dual citizenship in Japan if you're over 18, you have to pick one. You get a little while to decided but not long.

That's a program for promotable captains, you moron. Really shitty advice.

It's also his best chance at getting to work in Japan in the military. Unless he can get a slot at camp zama if he's lucky.

I have a patch of psoriasis on my scalp that's hidden by my hair. I've been prescribed something to bring it down over the next couple weeks but it could break out again later on. Months from now if I'm at basic and they shave my head and see the patch of skin will I be fucked?

Your advice for him is go to four years of college, commission, make captain, put in your command time, get promotable to major and get picked up into a competitive program that doesn't allow you to pick your location as his best shot of working in Japan. That's comical.

Well you weren't going to be a seal anyway, fag

What's a lifestyle poly