Thoughts on the Vortex strike eagle 1-8x24 optic?

I fucking missed a great deal. Palmetto state armory was selling the vortex 1-8 AR scope with the cantilever 30mm mount for $299 shipped. I am in the market for a general magnified AR optic for my backup rifle. Will try to pick one of these up if the deal ever comes back. Normally the set costs $470.

Attached: B3B50816-5689-4C1D-A049-8BB7278BD749.jpg (1299x1656, 493K)

You didn't miss much, PSA will have it again soon guaranteed if not for the 4th.

I'd rather have a gen 1 PST 1-4 than a strike eagle though, and you can find them under $300 now that there are newer versions out. At the price range you're talking spend just a bit more and get a PST or VXR instead. You'll be much happier, and you're either going to leave it on 1x or max magnification anyways.

I have the 1-6 on my hog rifle. Zero issues with functionality but its fuck huge.
I would use it if I came up on one, but if I was dropping cash on a new purchase, I'd look around at other options.

I love mine. The 1x will never be as good as a red dot but the glass is pretty clear and its not that heavy unless you're a noodle arm faggot. Plus you cant bear vortex lifetime warranty. I could smash mine into a million pieces with a hammer tomorrow and get a replacement from them no questions asked.

that scope mount is REALLY heavy

What other options for an AR scope? I have an aimpoint for several years, and that thing is bombproof. but Inow i want an actual scope

1-8x ain’t there yet.
1-6x is about as far as I trust

Pussy

Then sell it to a NewGunz. And buy a Geissele or Aero

>my feelings don't care about your facts

The facts are that you’re a pussy.

making your gun heavy for no reason isn't a sign of manliness, im really not sure who you're trying to impress

>omg not an extra 2oz on my gun or I'll start crying
Your are literally a pussy

This

an aero mount is 3oz compared to the vortex's 6.7oz and the same price. ounces make pounds, stop being ignorant.

Not him. But yeah, its hard to make ARs light weight, due to the fact they are already made of aluminum. So usually its a compromise of lighter furniture and accessory mounts.

Stop being a cringe ass pussy. Holy fuck

Hard to make them light weight? Even issued M4s with PEQs, big dumbass quad rails, and my KA suppressor are light as fuck, seriously if you think for even half a second these shits are heavy you need to stop being a pussy immediately and go work out. I'm not even remotely trolling here. You have to be a Lucas Botkin tier twink to cry about AR weight.

>you need to stop being a pussy immediately and go work out.

or i could just use lightweight accessories

Plenty of options, but you need to be more specific. What kind of AR? What application?
Clearly you'd be putting a different optic on an SBR for CQB than you would a DMR rig....

Hey Lucas, hows the holster biz

I've had a 1-6 on my pest AR for about a year now. Performs better than what Jow Forums told me to expect at the time. It is heavier than it would seem though.

the only thing you're really sacrificing with 'budget' optics is durability and for the most part that doesn't matter because you probably don't get shot at for a living.

I like this optic

Attached: Yeeter Beater.jpg (2074x1382, 1.59M)

I have 2 of them.

If I could go back, I wouldn’t buy them, since they’re Chinese made.
That said, they are very sturdy, and work well. The one on my Aero M5 survived water, mud, and accidentally being scraped on a rock on a camping trip last fall.

you dodged a bullet buying a shit scope. my buddy has it and he doesnt even want to use it after using my accupower which isnt even that nice.

>I have never carried a rifle any further than going to and from the shooting range
The Post

Is anything “nice” for you faggots? Jeeze, seems like nothing lives up to the expectations of you fucking poorfags, yet you couldn’t afford it if you tried. Here’s a fucking twatbag complaining about a scope that he never even owned AND he’s dissing trijicon too...which he NEVER fucking owned either. Holy shit you idiots are pathetic. “Hurrrr I shot muh friends guns with dah scopes and Dey work gud but Dey could be better, so I don’t recommend it hurrrrrr”

I like mine. The 1x is good for plinking and the 8x gives you a good amount of magnification.

I have a 1-6 strike eagle.

>not great
Its fucking huge and heavy

>ok
Seems solid. Glass looks ok at shot and mid ranges but the clarity isnt there at the extreme ranges. I like the reticle and I like the onboard spare battery.

> great
I'm really suprised by the 1x. bindonfags wont miss a beat. I switched from an eotech to lpvo for greater versatility and thought I would give up alot of the 1x capability in the trade but I really didnt. What you actually give up in that capability trade is weight.

Attached: hot-dogs-were-invented-in-1936-by-larry-hotdogs-when-he-accidentally-dropped-a-bag-of-prize-winning- (640x640, 45K)

It adds up.
Vortex says their 1-6 is 17.3 oz., 1-8 is 16.5oz.
Add to that another 6.7oz for the mount and now you're over a pound and a half for optics.
And that's not underslung weight, that's extra shit making it top heavy.
I'm not planning to replace the 1-6, but I'm not going to buy another.

It isn't exactly prohibitively heavy.

You know that you can get a literally just as good chink scope Mount from eBay for 20$, right?