How would you rate your competency with a pistol?

How would you rate your competency with a pistol?

Me: 10/10
I would gladly duel any of you dorks.

Attached: 1489697466832.jpg (577x1024, 59K)

Like a 2/10
I own 8 rifles, but only one 1 pistol.

7/11

14/88

8/10. My focus when I practice has gone to shit this year, sadly. Forced to downsize in my carry gun and I’m having a tough time shooting the Glock 48. I typically place lower 1/3rd in local USPSA matches

Attached: 4F4D6A36-0D03-4999-88F9-986644876906.jpg (1024x1010, 85K)

Doesn't the 48 have the sight radius of a 19? You should at least be able to hit an IPSC silhouette at 50 yards with it.

>Anime poster
Send me a body pic right fucking now you overweight faggot

shut up nogunz

Attached: 1497319711230.gif (182x249, 81K)

6/10...based on years of experience at ranges I can definitely shoot better than your average mouth breather but I have incredibly poor vision that can't be fully corrected due to irregular astigmatism in my posterior cornea. I know I'm not top tier because the best I can do consistently is hit an empty 9mm ammo box or playing card at 25 yards with a handgun, but I've seen some of the hotshots at the club I go to smack plates at 100 yards, which I can barely see.

Now post guns queer

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-02-00-40-27~2.png (1080x1218, 1.74M)

Newfag, do you even know what website you're on?

Attached: 1490638473892.jpg (480x640, 56K)

With a head that big I could hit from here with my eyes closed

>How would you rate your competency with a pistol?
8/10. I have plenty of practice, and have attended multiple tactical handgun courses.

Attached: Dabbing Lad.png (687x446, 374K)

Post guns

You mean on a dueling tree, right? Let's fucking go, sounds like a fun time. I'd rate myself H out of K.

that is the most boomer collection I've seen in a while. do you really need an AFG and a forward pistol grip? also,

>reflex sight
>reflex sight on a lever gun

3/10, new shooter, I can reliably hit center mass on a human sized target, maybe 75% of shots if I'm aiming at the head zone. I'm starting to be able to hit the exact spot that I'm aiming at but it's not reliable at all yet. I can disassemble my gun and put it back together with ease and operate it's controls without fumbling, I can draw and be ready to shoot cleanly without snagging the gun on anything. Better than anybody who just buys a gun and never shoots it, worse than anybody who's spent a couple months or years constantly shooting, way worse than somebody who's sunk time and money into professional training.

You don't know what your in for weeb. They use to call me the one shot kid!

Attached: 1561519060427.jpg (313x235, 21K)

Im really fucking good at bumpfiring from the shoulder and the vfg help a shit ton while doing it. The 336 was my LARP hog hunting gun and when your in a truck bed chasing hogs thatre 10 feet away you dont need anything fancy or magnified.

probably 2/10, haven't even fired one in years

Also youre no guns so keep hating virgin

Ok. Here's my AR. I think you'll appreciate it, since my optic is what you pretend you own.

Now take your sub $100 pawnshop finds and fuck off to whatever shithole forum you came from. Anime is Jow Forums.

Attached: soppo1111.jpg (3529x1551, 1.79M)

No bully i got that shit for $100 off on black friday when my AR had a flip rear sight on it still. Rather have my 1911, saa and 90s 870 wingmaster than Eotech desu friend

>No bully
2 late, you insulted anime, now you have to die
>i got that shit for $100 off on black friday
god damnit user why would you do this. Get a holosun. HS503. I swear if you get the one that looks like an eotech I'll reach through the internet and slap you. Those shitty red dots in that style with only a single glass lens have exposed emitters just waiting to get dirt and other debris in them.

Attached: soppo31.jpg (700x1325, 233K)

6/10
Not great, but I can consistently hit a man-sized target from 50 yards away so I'm happy with my current level until I hit another benchmark such as doing it in rapid fire or out to 100 yards.

>pistol
3/10. Not really doing so good in IPSC, but really don't get enough training. Just winging it on matches.

4/10, better than average person but not something I'd consider myself competent at.

I'd give Matsuri the same rating.

How good are you with revolvers tho?

Attached: Russian Roullete.png (480x321, 241K)

4/10 because my schedule prevents lots of practice

With a double action trigger pull? Absolutely horrific.

I regularly practice at the 100 yard range with handguns though. With something like a Ruger Mark III I can consistently hit a 10” target -not sure if this is impressive for Jow Forums but it sure as hell puts me in another league compared to most of the people I see in public.

same as this guy. 6/10, 7/10 rifle. Can't reliably hit anything past 100 yard because there's no ranges out here to shoot that far. Feels bad man. I'll fuck you up under 100 yards, though.

Probably 8/10
That said, I generally regard a pistol as a way to fight yourself to a rifle. I can consistantly hit a man-sized target from 50 yards with my 1911 but I wouldnt want to for more than a magazine or so.

I am fucking terrible with every handgun I own except a 38 special I bought. I'm more about rifles

like 3/10 i guess, know how to operate them but haven't shot much, only a 1911 and a single action army, can't hit shit with the later, could be because of a bad front sight or maybe i'm just shit.

2/10 I can hold a pistol correctly but I have a retarded trigger jerking problem and can't hit the broad side of a barn

At least I'm 6/10 with pistols in H3 VR

Attached: armscor_sbr.jpg (1024x768, 157K)

Basically this

If 1 is gun grabbler soccer mom and 10 is perfection, I`m probably about a 6.
I can hit center mass sized targets at 25 m distance reliably and I can disassemble as well as rebuild just about anything given enough time.

3/10, if that. Most of the regulars at my range are A class or better. Stupid shit like 3s Bill drills and the like.

I try and keep a growth mindset around them, but mostly I just feel like an uncoordinated dipshit.

Attached: bj8ZDZi_d.jpg (640x494, 29K)

Yeah, and 4channel isnt an anime site. You might be referring to Jow Forums but that place is long gone buddy

maybe 6/10 I guess
I can put out some very decent groups but I'm still way inconsistent

7/10
I can put pretty reliable shots on a 8" circle within 10 yards, but it gets dicey after that.

I'd accept the duel desu.

Attached: marty robbins iron clothes.png (720x555, 609K)

Better than the rest of my family, anyway...
Limited range time (fuck I even forgot one time that my pistol had a manual safety after months of inactivity and didn't use it that day, I would've straight up died if I had to use it defensively) but slap a noob dot on a pistol, remember breathing and trigger basics, and 6" at 25 yards is easily doable at medium slow speed.

Attached: __original_drawn_by_ylmi__ef86595cfc69aad1d2406e6f2955f102.png (1355x707, 835K)

9/10
I almost never miss a man sized target at 75 yards with my ccw.

I shot a one hole group at 7 yards, about ten rounds, and the guy in the stall next to me tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I was a competition shooter. Feels good man.

Kek, this

Pretty much.
4 rifles and 2 pistols but I've probably put at least 10 times as many rounds through each rifle as I've put through either pistol. I need a lot more practice, but I don't know of a range nearby that's both cheap and good for pistol shooting like we have for rifle ranges.

1/10
I don't have pistols at all.
Fucking laws.

Attached: 26C360B2-228F-45C9-854D-3D92E45858D9.jpg (658x662, 51K)

Smh
Tbh

Compared to people who shoot guns and not some rando off the street probs average 5/10

11/10
I can fabricate match grade pistols using nothing but rocks string and paper clips

7/10. I hit what I aim at under 50 yards consistently. Need moar practice, always room for improvement

>41927801
>How would you rate your competency with a pistol?
Why do you think your self imagined "competency" has a yardstick when you have never fired a gun with the intention of taking a life, or defending yourself or those nearby?

What score would you give to someone who averages apple-sized groups at about 15 yards?

OP here, I can help you get to my level.

I recommend you dry fire...A LOT

Get one of those cheapo laser things that attach to the rail. When you dry fire, look at the behavior of the laser dot on a white wall. Any jerking of the trigger is magnified a hundredfold and really lets you fine tune the weaknesses in your trigger pull.

Attached: 1489697466831.jpg (831x1051, 327K)

Get in a fight with me you're going to need all the gun you can get, fren.

Attached: christ-changun.jpg (840x873, 260K)

9/10 with Glock 17, Glock 19, and HK 45.
Don't really shoot much else.

no macgyverfagging please

I’d say 9/10, but am tracking on your philosophy and don’t plan one setting distance records with a handgun.

3/10 going on 4/10
I'm getting better, but I still suck.

Qunits get

You have to be 18 to post here.

roll

When you think about it, just shoting a pistol a few times makes me 9/10 in comparison to most other people

>Those shitty red dots in that style with only a single glass lens have exposed emitters just waiting to get dirt and other debris in them.
Wrong

Holy Mother of cheek weld

6/10 pistol
8/10 rifle
Can reliability hit soda cans with pistol at 40-50 yards and put all my shots in a man sized target at 20 without sights and firing as fast as i can. Practiced that in case of panicked self defense situations where I'd be too frazzled to calmly use my sights.
With my fuddy .308 rifle I've made clean kills on whitetail at 400 yards in poor light, though most of my killing shots were in the 150-200 yard range. Much more confident with my rifle than i am the handgun, just because i know i can easily reach out and hit a long range target. The handgun just feels twitchy due to the much shorter barrel.

Is this real life?
Did you just really brag about your eotech

Attached: reaction92.png (325x325, 121K)

5/10
I can hit a group at 15 yards. Won't look pretty, but.

I need to shoot more.

Rollan

9/10. I got a 58/60 on the FBI qualification course. Good luck, kid. You're gonna need it

Not really, just bullying normie user for his pretend eotech.

Btw red dots a shit

Not wrong. The emitter is exposed, and dirt will block it.

I'm extremely comfortable with mine and pretty accurate with it. Last few times I've been to the range alone I was the only one shooting pistol on the 20yard range.
I mess with it about a dozen times a day on average just practicing handling, dry firing, and getting a sight picture quickly.
But at the same time I've seen so much stuff on Youtube that humbles me. You can't watch Jerry Miculek pop a balloon at 1000 yards with a revolver and think you're as good as it gets.
6/10

Attached: Jericho Rack.webm (602x884, 1.43M)

How did you get good?

T. 6/10

Personally, a 3/10. I can make accurate shots, but only slowly. I need a lot more trigger time before I can call myself anything resembling proficient.

>normie
>a shit
>flexing his point of impact shift express 3

Attached: 1466894353304.jpg (450x450, 16K)

>duel

lol

why do you think any of us are so honorable ? watch your 6 you dufus

8 or 9/10 with Revolver
6 or 7/10 with Glock

I spent a lot of time putting rounds down range as well as dry fire drills with the revolver which made me a surgeon with it. The problem is that the muscle memory for my trigger control ends up being slightly jerky on the triggers of semi-autos. Slow(ish) shots with the semi-autos are fine, but when I start to speed it up it really starts to show. Granted I can hit center mass just fine still, but the groups aren't that great.

Type www.Jow Forums.org/k/ into your address bar right now.

Now that's next level grasping at straws

Attached: 1560520817127.png (600x600, 13K)

8/10
Been shooting my entire life but not recently. Positively can't claim the last two points without at least a year of professional or competition (unless you want to look like a huge jackass like OP)

Drawing? 0/10 I never even thought to practice.
Site acquisition and accuracy? 10/10 my first gun was a pistol and I've been shooting them pretty regularly for 17 years. I don't have to put much effort into it, muscle memory kinda does it all.
Since I can't draw for shit I'd probably die in a duel though.

Attached: 20170829_182612.jpg (2560x1440, 686K)

Hs

REROLL

Like a 4 or a 5. I'm a horrible shot but I did survive a shootout. Do I get points for that?

Rollang

reroll.

1/10 -- I know which end to point.
I can "usually" hit rabbits at 10-15 yards, or just about keep them all on a paper plate at same.
Becomes an amazing circus of fail at 25 yards.

Depends; what's 5/10 (dead average) mean? Average among people who shoot even semi-regularly, or just among people in general? A lot of the people I see shooting at indoor ranges can't hold a group at 7 yards, but then I'd imagine they're the type to go shooting once every 3 months.

Assuming average is average for hobbyist shooters and not just the population at large, I'd say 6/10. I can hold a decent group (maybe a fist sized one at 15 yards) and ping steel maybe 60% of the time at 100 yards with a Glock 19, but I'm not very good at rapid fire.

>he doesn't even know what was wrong with the eotech, just likes regurgitating memes
enjoy your parallax and non 1-MOA dots, nerd.

>calling a 5 Mos shift a meme
>a problem so bad that they knew about they settled the 26. 5 million dollar lawsuit the day it came out cause they knew they had been found out a meme
>not looking at the FAQ on eotech own website where they admit that after being exposed to temperatures that can be reached by gear sitting in a car you should expect a 2 MOA shift a meme

Attached: FB_IMG_1425323726764.jpg (540x405, 22K)

What are good pistol groups to strive for?

>not looking at the FAQ on eotech own website where they admit that after being exposed to temperatures that can be reached by gear sitting in a car you should expect a 2 MOA shift a meme
well user, your red dot has a 2 MOA or larger dot to begin with, so you wouldn't even know if you had any shift, as a 2 MOA change in POI would still be within your point of aim. Which should tell you how unimportant such a shift is. Beyond that, every optic experiences shift in zero from temperature fluctuation. If you don't know that, you don't shoot enough. Eotech merely is one of the few companies (the other being Aimpoint) to actually have tested their optics in order to be able to provide precise measurements of when and how great a shift will occur.
>calling a 5 Mos shift a meme
A 5 MOA shift when taking an optic zeroed at room temperature of 70 degrees to 122 degrees or -4 degrees. It doesn't just randomly shift, it shifts when taken from one temperature suddenly to another.
>a problem so bad
So bad that immediately after the lawsuit, SOCOM went ahead and replaced their faulty eotechs with more eotechs. But tell me more about how you know more about optics than SF do, and how you need an optic more durable than the one SF uses. After all, they're just larpers, you need real hard use gear to sit in your safe.

>A 5 MOA shift when taking an optic zeroed at room temperature of 70 degrees to 122 degrees or -4 degrees. It doesn't just randomly shift, it shifts when taken from one temperature suddenly to another.

You are going against what the company says on their very own website and I quote directly "EOTech’s sights experience a point of impact shift away from the point of aim when the sight is exposed to a temperature different from the temperature at which the sight was zeroed." it says nothing about how fast it happens.

And it's +/- each time it is exposed to Temps greater than it was zeroed. So each time your gear sitting in your car gets to 122F which is very likely in most areas of the United States it has the possibility to shift literally each time it happens.

Nice attempts at ad homonyms in your weak arguments though

Please one.

>it says nothing about how fast it happens.
And neither did I. Is it the word suddenly that triggers you? If not feel free to whine more, but the thing is if you shoot more than once a year, your optic will not be zeroed at 70 degrees then suddenly you are forced to shoot at 122 degrees. Because earth doesn't generally fluctuate 50 degrees in a single day.
>Shifts result from natural thermal expansion or contraction that is present in various materials as they are heated or cooled, and is greater the more extreme the temperature change. For example, when a sight is zeroed at 73˚ F then acclimated to 50˚ F, less shift occurs. On the other hand, if zeroed at 73˚ F, then acclimated to 0˚ F, more shift occurs.
So unless you live on bizzarro earth where the temperature fluctuates 70 degrees in a single day, you will not experience this problem so severely. The solution is quite clearly to zero your optic again in the temperature you are shooting at. As you should with literally any optics, because again, every optic is affected by this. Eotech merely has done the research to measure how it affects their optics.

Because cars sitting in the sun maintain the same temperature as the air around right, and no one would ever think of storing something in said vehicle.

>quoting you this time " It doesn't just randomly shift, it shifts when taken from one temperature suddenly to another."
Suddenly definition: happening,coming,made,ordone quickly,withoutwarning,or unexpectedly

Nice goal post moving, and again with the ad hominem

>Nice goal post moving, and again with the ad hominem
Do you even know the meaning of these words, or do you just say them and hope you're doing it right? I'll indulge you so you can be right though: you're a retard nogunz regurgitating /arg/ memes with zero firsthand experience. That's an ad hominem.
>goalpost moving
Can you even define what the goalposts are in this situation?
>Suddenly definition: happening,coming,made,ordone quickly,withoutwarning,or unexpectedly
Right, because you are not going to see a rapid 70 degree change in temperature generally. Temperatures often on this planet stay rather even during an entire month, meaning if you zero it for the temperature you will be shooting at, you will not have issues with thermal drift until quite a while later.
>car gets hot
I could see this being an issue for police, since they might be leaving the rifle in a closed car in summer, sure. Good thing they fixed it, making your entire point rather irrelevant currently, now that the average shift is under 2 MOA. Which I must again remind you, this shift on an eotech would still cause no loss in precision compared to a red dot, as your red dot is at least a 2 MOA circle to begin with, and will be affected by thermal drift as well. All optics are.