If you have a laser sight this big, you don't even have to pull the trigger to make a hole in someone...

If you have a laser sight this big, you don't even have to pull the trigger to make a hole in someone. Pure A E S T H E T I C S.

Attached: 23875347534.jpg (1024x576, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BIPCn-aYMoM
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2010/03/just-what-you-see-the-story-behind-the-45-long-slide-laser-siting/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that looks like shit 2bh f4m

what's the power on that laser ?

Steven Seagal liked this.

it's fake. it's a replica of the one used in the original Terminator, which wasn't real either. if that thing even has a laser pointer in it I'd be surprised.

>da fody faive longh slaide

Attached: CBB29232-7293-45D5-8E51-B615CC70AB04.png (1334x750, 2.77M)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BIPCn-aYMoM

It was very much a real laser. Just even larger than it looked like.

Attached: 600px-Longslide2.jpg (600x411, 42K)

>that angle
Was it zeroed to shoot at 5 yard targers?

it wasn't capable of being zeroed and I don't think it even worked in daylight. it's not real.

It was very much a real laser, that cable isn't there for no reason. You couldn't zero it or use it for aiming, because it was a prop and for a movie, so the gun would only shoot blanks anyway.
It was built by Surefire before they were named Surefire.

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2010/03/just-what-you-see-the-story-behind-the-45-long-slide-laser-siting/

>This was the early days of lasers for commercial use. "At that time we were dealing with helium neon laser. All the newer lasers are solid state, about the size of an aspirin or smaller." HeNe lasers are much larger than that, he explained, and required about 10,000 volts to get started. Once ignited, they take 1,000 volts to keep them running. That makes the power supply a tricky thing to design.
>There were two props made for the movie: one shell that looked good but was non-functional, and a working model with a laser that actually fired. Since there was no money for a custom power supply, there was a line running from the laser to a cable that connected to an external power supply. To fire the laser, Arnold Schwarzenegger had to reach into his coat pocket with his other hand and flip a switch.

You know how much .45ACP drops, bro

Attached: the-terminator-original.jpg (1038x576, 125K)

>sarah connor?

I doubt it was more than 5 mW, if it was even that high. I was into laser hobby shit in the early 90's and that was about the maximum you'd find in a HeNe tube of those dimensions. More powerful tubes existed but they were fuckhuge and had all sorts of legal restrictions too.

For dumb range toy purposes, does a real one exist?

>laser sight this big

>...and if you have a phone THIS BIG, then it probably has ALL the apps in the world and as much RAM and computing power as a overclocked desktop gaming PC!

Kids these days... :'D

This is what happens when you sort of miss out on the rise of consumer electronics and see everything miniaturized, I suppose.

Attached: cortelco-telephones-itt-2500-md-ash-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 42K)

I have no idea if anyone has bothered to make one, but if you wanted to that would be easy as fuck to make with today's laser tech. Find a flashlight that resembles the original, gut it, and stick a modern laser pointer inside. If you wanted to make it look exactly like the movie prop that would be an easy job for even a beginner machinist.

the mounting bracket is a commercial part (scope mount)

No guns git and stay git.

based old bastard

It's a movie prop dumbass

Attached: 1399355050851.jpg (765x435, 48K)