Anyone here have a Glock 48? I love how slender it is, reminds me of the way a 1911 feels in the hand...

Anyone here have a Glock 48? I love how slender it is, reminds me of the way a 1911 feels in the hand. I don't have a Glock and think this would be a good option.

Attached: rs=w_240,h_240.jpg (240x172, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8GTMUpJ5ZB8
pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?23204-A-solution-for-illogical-10-rd-mag-limits
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Been carrying a Glock 48 for a month and a half. It carries so well compared to a 19 and while the recoil is soft, I find difficulty in shooting it whereas a 17 and 19 is a breeze
>pic related, my 48

Attached: 57A2F87A-4428-4A9F-A8EE-810BD59A4E44.jpg (4032x3024, 2.34M)

Don't own a Glock yet, but the 48 looks pretty nice for the price.

>Glock 48
>love how slender it is
With that chubby grip?
Make a 43L and you'll know what love is.

Attached: G43L.jpg (3264x2448, 3.38M)

I'd be all over the Glock 48 if it had an accessory rail.

Glock 48 slide + pic related?

Attached: pf9ss.jpg (960x958, 104K)

Is there any big reason one should choose the 48 over the 43x besides longer sight radius? And is the 48 really that much more concealable than a glock 19?

Higher velocity.

How much of a difference would that make in lethality for normal defense hollow points between the two barrel lengths? People use 9mm out of shorter barrels than the 43.

Between 3" and 4", 9mm gains anywhere from 50 to 100 fps, so the 0.75" barrel should be 40-70 fps; practically turns it into a .357.

does anybody like the 26?

No, nobody likes that fat pig.

Don't own one, but have handled them. They are very comfy. I reckon they would make particularly good guns for people with smaller hands (like females for instance), but are comfy in general. Makes me think there is something of value lost now that full size single stacked pistols aren't as common as they used to be.

Depends on your school of thought regarding ballistics. If you trust that one Lucky Gunner video, basically none at all but some people really want even a small boost in FPS when possible. Objectively, the added velocity isn't going to change anything when it comes to lethality which will always come down to where the bullets land.

Damn, didn't know that. 9mm out of a short barrel is still definitively better than .380 though, yes?

I really like shooting the 26, but my Shield replaced it. It's a good secondary gun for hiking.

Think they'll ever make a 48 with changeable backstraps?

It'll give you a longer sight radius, though.

43L in 10mm when

WTF is going on with that slide? Is that carbon buildup or sweat or what?
I held one. Feel ok. I've been carrying a Glock 19 for years now and when I finally switch to something else I'll probably go ahead and make it a subcompact single stack or possibly the Sig365. No point in staying compact size just for the thinner grip/less capacity, that's just my take

I don't actually expect to be using my sights in a defensive shooting situation; they're more of a training tool.

If I was carrying a subcompact 9mm I'd only use 147 for SD loads

it's too bad the glock 48 is presumably cucked by sig patents/legal considerations wrt capacity + grip length, as well as that digusting walmart tier slide.

t. the only pistol i own is a glock and i'd love for them to make a viable p365 competitor

>make a competitor
It took them 30 years to make a single stack. Check in around 2030, maybe they'll mention a possible prototype then.

He's joking. 40 to 70 fps isn't shit. That's the difference you'll get from shot to shot with factory ammo out of the same box.

Well, I'm something of a massive retard I suppose for not realizing that.

If they made a single stack 10mm I’d buy it but for now it’s just the G20 and G29.

FPS differences of ~100 might not mean much for a rifle bullet travelling at around ~3000 FPS, but for a larger pistol bullet coming out of a short barrel, at like ~1000 FPS, it can make a difference (especially for bullets that depend on velocity to function).

For 9mm hollowpoints, lets say you need something like 1000 FPS for proper expansion in your target (the number varies a lot between ammunition, but there is usually a strict cutoff point). If your muzzle velocity is something like 1100 FPS, your "effective range" is to the point where the bullet loses 100 FPS of velocity. Adding an extra bit of energy into that bullet can give you that extra oomf when it counts.

Also, despite 50-100 FPS being within an acceptable variation in ammunition, if you know anything about statistics, averages matter.

Attached: based and harrellpilled.png (773x526, 846K)

Me

Attached: 1535826907801.jpg (480x480, 70K)

I love my T H I C C 26. Carries well and is suitable for HD while i live in the hood and finish school. Also fun to throw my G19 mag in it at the range.

Attached: G26.jpg (4032x3024, 1.83M)

Fuck yeah I love mine

I bought a G3 when they were the only show in town. Never carry it, no difference between that and my 19 carrywise.

>Never carry it
Understandable, considering that only holds five more rounds than the 19 despite weighing six times as much and being nearly impossible to conceal.

I actually find the 19 easier, or at least more comfortable to carry. Besides once you put an extension on the short grip it has the same length as a 19.

kek

>pistollethalitychart.jpg

it's all garbage and the average here is that energy levels barely matter compared to placement.

Imagine needing to carry a fucking sub compact 9mm polymer pistol. I personally and comfortably carry a hi-power with absolutely no problems. Manlets are a disgrace.

Attached: 1562023745991m.jpg (1024x768, 128K)

Big Jow Forums and small gun is my aesthetic. Reverse compensation.

Imagine needing to carry a single action magazine disconnect metal framed combustion pistol. I personally and comfortably carry a phased plasma pistol in the 40 watt range with absolutely no problems.
Techlets are a disgrace.

CCW is really popular nowadays. Ammo manufacturers are designing their rounds to work well with those shorter barrels.

How does the finish hold up?

I saw on a youtube review that it gets scraped off with the first draw out of a kydex holster.

jealous poors 9mm is for women

Attached: 1554733037342.jpg (660x440, 90K)

43X is hands down my favorite CCW.
^ But honestly this

Attached: IMG_0399.jpg (1280x859, 81K)

They wont, glock is doing 9mm only for gen5 because 9mm is all anyone is requesting these days

I'd rather get the 26 for the mag compatibility with the 19 and 17

law enforcement diversity quotas and their consequences have been a disaster for the human race

If i had to wager its more due to the cheap cost of 9mm rather than buying custom stuff like .45 GAP. At some point if its cheaper and you're outfitting 1,000 people with it, you buy "thing that does job acceptably while cheap". 9mm is cheaper than literally anything that isnt .22 or home made cast reloads.

And also, you didnt see things like .44 magnum back in the man-only days. Most American cops were using .38 spl

That and the new crop of recruits who can barely shoot a 9mm. My former agency of around 350 officers switched from 9mm to 49 back in the day and the remedial shooter list went up exponentially to cover 25% of the dept. Comprised of the usual suspects.

.40, not 49 (which is more powerful than the mythical .46).

There was a time between the .38 Spl bad old days and the 9mm revolution where .357 Mag and .40 S&W represented a significant chunk of the LE sidearm market.
9mm is cheap in part due to the economy of scale created by the military's use of it, but if enough departments used .40 S&W it could be pretty cheap, too, and every gel test I've seen shows good .40 loads delivering .45 ACP-like expansion and penetration while maintaining double-digit magazine capacities in reasonably-sized guns, making it a great choice for anyone who can handle it and doesn't need NATO-friendly ammo logistics.

>the mythical .46
The future is now, old man.

Attached: 460 rowland 1911.jpg (3484x2332, 744K)

>if enough deparments used it
user go to AIM surplus and you'll see pages of .40 S&W. Tons of agencies used .40 cal pistols and returned to 9mm. The extra cost, however marginal, is money that could be spent on literally anything else.

As for glock abandoning other calibers its just sales. Their breakdown of sales probably goes
>9mm- 85%
>.40- 5%
>.45- 5%
>literally everything else- 5%

And if i am in the Board trying to cut down on spending, streamline production, and max out profits, the extra tooling for 10 different calibers for .357 sig and 10mm are probably real easy things to justify cutting.

I’ve been on an AR building binge and can’t even keep up with all those new calibers.

Smoith brains in here

Attached: IMG_20190227_152705.jpg (4048x3036, 3.78M)

>WTF is going on with that slide? Is that carbon buildup or sweat or what?

I had it pressed against cardboard and a vise when I installed the red dot mount.
>a Glock primarily used for carry
>a Glock, for all that matters
>being concerned with the finish
>at all

my Gen 4 19 has the finish rubbed off on a lot of parts. Know why I don’t give a shit? It’s a tool.

Holds up well. I draw from my kydex holster and its fine. Just rub any scuffs off with my thumb.

JUST what's the point of getting the 48 over the 43x? You need that extra cunthair's worth of sight radius to nail the bad guy across the street?

I dunno man that finish looks rough for Glock. I know it's for carry but the finish helps keep surface rust building up quickly.

The extra mass in the slide and longer recoil spring should make it a bit nicer to shoot, and if Glock had any sense it'd have a longer dustcover with a rail for mounting an XC1 or something.

Haven't used it enough to saying it will or won't see holster wear from kydex, given enough time and cycles, but absolutely not from one insert/draw.
The finish is just rough enough to scrub some plastic off a tight kydex holster and embed it in the finish. So you get a dark patch where it rubs, and you could think that's the finish wearing out. But it's not, the plastic cleans right off with ballistol and a rag, and it looks like new.
(And if your holster is tight enough on the slide to make this noticeable, you have a crappy holster -- retention should be snapping onto the trigger guard, not grating on the whole gun.)

>make it harder to shoot well and crappify its ballistics
>just to save 3/4" down inside your pants where it makes no difference
Doesn't matter whether the difference is 3% or 30% (and yeah, it's closer to 3%), you're still making it worse for literally no gain. That's dumb.

Right on about the mass. Recoil spring is the same, though.

Yes. I bought a 26 back before there was a 43. I bought a 43 shortly after it came out and after shooting it and doing a little carry I went back to the 26. I shoot the 26 faster and more accurately than the 43. There is just something about the single stack Glocks I don't like. Maybe it's my fat hands or 15 years of shooting double stack Glocks but the 26 feels like a much better fit.

I love my Gen 5 Glock 26 and it is my "alternate carry" for when I need deep concealment. I carry it in a Bug-Bite ankle holster and it is comfortable enough that I forget I have it on, and it disappears in uniform pants. Although, I think much of that is a damn good holster doing the work.

For normal carry I still prefer my Gen 3 G30 with a red dot, but damn is that Gen 5 G26 a nice pistol. The Gen 5 stippling, beveled magwell and ambi safety are great, and the trigger is better than previous generations. The only thing I miss are the finger grooves, but they aren't really important.

Is it really that much thinner than a g19?

Attached: sip.jpg (250x250, 17K)

You can buy .40 -> 9mm conversion kits for Glocks. Then you can also grab a .357 SIG barrel for shiggles and load them up with those new copper projectiles.

It is made specifically to be Canada-legal. We have a minimum barrel length of exactly 106mm for pistols.

Attached: FOC-GLOCK-48-WEB.jpg (870x387, 151K)

I like it. P80 version when?

>this Glock reminds me of a big plastic single stack 1911 in 9mm with none of the ergos or safeties, I think it's worth $500 easy but I am definitely getting new sights before I even take it out of the box
Seriously what the fuck is happening to the gun market? Are they so desperate for anything remotely new to show off at the beginning of the year that they'll put every spitball boardroom idea into production?

Attached: Recogizing cancer.jpg (3200x2400, 457K)

We'll probably see a FDM version before an injection molded aftermarket frame.

If I lived in a state that had mag cap restrictions I would definitely pick one of these up. They are really slick guns.

>This
Everyone needs to remember this gun is being marketed for areas with restricted markets.

That feel when Calicuck and even fixing leafs can get guns that are forbidden to us

It's not forbidden, just not on the roster.

Makes more jhps expand reliably

>Why do I carry a .46? Because they don't make a .47

just skip straight to .50

Attached: eca384e19c3b176284dc456f9be2c967.jpg (600x450, 51K)

Wait you can put a slim slide on 26 frame? Like the old 36/30?

Canada is a lot more permissible when it comes to guns than many would think based on the stereotype.
The vast majority of our pump shotguns are SBS's and the majority of our AR-15's are SBR's. It's also 100% legal to slap a VFG and a stock onto a pistol.

Attached: Dominion Arms Kodiak.jpg (930x430, 24K)

No. You can put a 43X or 48 slide on a 43 frame. (Or vice versa.)
Swapping 43 and 43X is 100% pointless unless you have strong opinions about finishes.
But putting the 48 slide on the 43 frame combines the thin, short grip of the 43 (less printing risk) with the longer slide and barrel (a little nicer shooting, plus pointless-but-measurable velocity increase).
It comes at the expense of 3-4 rounds of capacity vs. a 48, of course, but for me 7+1 rounds (with magguts) is enough, and the whole point of these little guns is to conceal effortlessly when you can't/won't carry a 19, so I see the 43X/48's 19-length grip as a huge step backward.

If the 43X and 48 are successful, I'm sure we'll see them make a bunch of other configurations of the 1.5 stack guns.
I found it interesting how the 48 has the same space for the guide rod and spring as the 43X in order to improve parts compatibility. They should've done that from the start, IMO.

Why the fuck doesn't Glock make this? Their recent obsession with longer grips is retarded.

It doesn’t seem so off spec sheets but coming from someone who carried a Glock 19 for three years, it is definately easier to carry

As soon as these are a thing I'll get one.

youtube.com/watch?v=8GTMUpJ5ZB8

Have both go 43x

Uses 43 holsters, and still small enough to justify it compared to the 48. Only reason for 48 is if you don't want 19 in Commieland because Glock 19 10 round magazines are cancer.

Bait, but only retards carry full size metal pistols. I was that retarded until you need it hidden since lol no shootings happen in restricted areas

Dude

The newest Glocks we can get are Gen 3s

F
Don't let Southern California walk all over you guys. It's only going to get worse if you let it.

Liking the mount?

For Supercommielands like CA and MA, buy the G26 and deal with it

I prefer my Glock 19 for concealed carry, and only switch to the 26 when I'm wearing clothes that absolutely won't let me conceal the 19.

I have a 43 and a 48. I like them OK, but I like the 26 and 19 better. Admittedly, even though the 43 and 48 are only marginally thinner, it does make a bit of a difference in concealed carry, especially if you're wearing khakis or dress pants that you didn't size properly for wearing them while using a pocket holster.

Since the grip is the harder part to conceal I'm a bit curious to try a p80 43 frame with my 48 slide, like this:
Or try carrying the 43 with the 48 slide on it, like this:
That might just get me to start switching over to carrying the thinner guns.

One thing I like about the 43, 43x and 48 is that while in overall height and length they are roughly the same as other double-stack Glock models, they have a shorter trigger reach because of how the backstrap is shaped. Combine that with the thinner grip and they make a very attractive carry option with women or manlets who have tiny hands.

A 3/4 of an inch.
Almost a full inch of slide, barrel, and sight radius

If you cant see why you would need that, cool. That's okay. Use something else.

Other people might find utility in it.
And that's fine too.

We dont have to be the same.

I have long wanted a full height, full length single stack 9mm, just like the G48 turned out to be. I don't live in a ban state. I just have no interest in the G19, which I consider to be too wide to comfortably conceal-carry in a wide enough range of attire. I used to own a Kahr TP9, and while it wasn't reliable enough to trust for carry, the slimness really did make a difference in my ability to carry it. The G19/G23 size frame is just too wide, and yes, even though it's only 15% or so, that does make a difference.

Also, there's the issue of already owning a G42 and G23, and a G19 would be meaningless in my collection. I wouldn't carry it and why practice with a nerfed version of a gun I carry in a more powerful caliber? Wow, you gain two whole rounds in the G19 over the G23, but the gun is the same size. It's stupid.

An intermediate size handgun to CC, like the G48 or G43X, is much more interesting to me, and I also like the idea of a 4 inch barrel, so I can use any hollow points, not just those designed for micro compacts, and expect performance as designed.

nigger

>We dont have to be the same.
I feel like society needs to be told this more often.

>tfw you get too used to carrying a LCP2 and now all your other guns feel like boat anchors in your pants

I really need an ultra compact 9 and I don't think that anyone has what I'm looking for except Sig. Can someone advise?

Attached: shooting-a-ruger-lcp-2-e1522735467485.jpg (500x281, 30K)

Uhhh... There's the Boberg (now Bond Arms Bullpup), which is neat. Doesn't like uncrimped ammo, though.

I've been carrying a 43 for a while now, and im all sorts of tumescent on the idea of getting just the 48 lower to slap my slide on and get access to those sweet ass shield arms 15 round mags, but i also don't want to fuck up the nice ergos of the 43. The longer slide just pokes my dick more and doesnt offer much over just getting a threaded barrel for more length.

Anybody that thinks the doublestack glocks are too wide in the grip must have girl hands. Or be trannies

They aren't wide as such, but they have a rectangular profile that makes them feel awkward in the hand and I expect a thinner grip would mitigate that somewhat.

>Liking the mount?

Actually, no. As much as I’m about red dots on my carry guns, it rides way too high and as a result, it prints on my waistline when I carry AIWB. Gonna take it off, take the L and get some Ameriglo sights instead.

There is always the Suarez NSA mount but I don’t want to send off my only slide and give Gabe money.

>because Glock 19 10 round magazines are cancer.

Magpul makes reliable 10rd G19 magazines afaik.

pic related is Doctor Gary Robert’s solution to Cali and Glock’s unreliable 10rd G19 mags
>chop front of grip enough to accept 10rd G26 mags
>leave the back on so you can grip it just about the same as a regular 19

pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?23204-A-solution-for-illogical-10-rd-mag-limits

Attached: 7792420C-5D88-4EC7-92EE-543D6B310116.jpg (555x370, 20K)