Will the Tempest fighter be shit?

Will the Tempest fighter be shit?

Attached: 1549556004-4329.jpg (620x464, 42K)

Your guess, user
What was the last fighter the UK produced and developed on its own?

Why would it be? The British have got an advanced and large aerospace industry, operational and technical experience from their 4.5 Gen Typhoons and 5 Gen F-35s, positive news from possilbe partner narions etc.

BAE Systems Hawk - it has been very successful and still in production.

That's a trainer

Don't forget the BAE Replica program from the 90s and all of the development work that they did around the time of the ATF competition for the STOVL stealth fighter concept that eventually got rolled into the JSF program.

If there's any non-American defense company that is trust to build a stealth fighter, it's BAE. Too bad Tempest is never going to get built because the MOD doesn't have the money for it and every single export partner that might have wanted it already bought F-35s.

It is, but your point doesn't even make sense because you could say the last time the US designed and produced a fighter by itself was 1986 since the F-35 has been collaboration programme from the get-go.

Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?

The US has what? More than 10 times the UK's military budget?

>bad Tempest is never going to get built because the MOD doesn't have the money for it and every single export partner that might have wanted it already bought F-35s.
I don't know what you mean, since the British need to replace their Typhoons around the 2030 timeframe and the F-35 program can't given enough workshare to support their industry, same with a couple of other countries like Sweden, Italy and Germany & France who are running their own program.

I didn't know the F-22 was that old

Depends on who you ask. See pic related.

Attached: 1561981114296.png (1068x1112, 56K)

It won't even get built

and Sweden has designed world class combat aircraft on a budget which was a fraction of the UK's.

The Tempest, if it gets built, will likely be solid. It's not been built yet and so this thread is nothing but thinly veiled Brit hate/bait.

One thing is for certain though, it'll be better than whatever Russia is putting out, produced in greater numbers and deployed with better trained aircrew and superiority in command and control.

>One thing is for certain though, it'll be better than whatever Russia is putting out, produced in greater numbers and deployed with better trained aircrew and superiority in command and control.
Given that Italy has more (and better) 5th generation fighters than Russia right now I don't doubt that

You've missed the point - you're suggesting there's some sort of mystical time barrier that prevents the British designing and building their own aircraft because they done collaboration in recent history.

It surely is one of the most ambitious endeavors I've seen lately, especially considering the UK's current geopolitical situation

Ambitious yes, but the day-to-day politics shouldn't enter into consideration as it doesn't fundamentally change that they need to replace their Typhoons around 2030 and the F-35 isn't enough to feed their big aerospace industry.

They definitely should. Politics influence budget

Well done for once again missing the point to make a general, non-specific remark.

the previous 3 were

>Will the Tempest fighter be shit?
Unless they can magic a vast amount of funds out of somewhere, it will only ever be a plywood tradeshow mockup

Suddenly!

Attached: 1486443730988.gif (320x180, 2.51M)

It won't be anything because they won't build it. You can make fun of Russia and China all day but at least they actually build their failed stealth fighters.

How does the need to replace planes make it easier to actually replace them with new planes?
North Korea needs new planes, but that doesn't make it easier for them to research and develop new fighters

Bold of you to assume it will ever be built

Because the UK isn't North Korea? It has one of the largest aerospace industry in the world and one of largest military budgets.

That’s not my point

You compared the UK wanting new jets to North Korea wanting new jets. Hard to see what other point you wanted to make.

Yeah they both want new jets. How is that a point in jet development capabilities? I think almost everyone wants new jets

we are talking about a country that developed a rocket to launch their own sats
it was superior to everything and had 7% less thrust than the current merlin engines
yet they scrapped the entire fucking project and decide to pay the us goverment three times more per launch

So you think that the UK is comparable to North Korea in its ability to meant its ambitions of new jets?

Are you retarded?

No, you retard, I mean that wanting new jets doesn’t help you at all to actually develop new jets. It doesn’t matter if you’re the US or Nigeria. Wanting a new thing doesn’t matter, capabilities and budget do

okay mate, look at a shitty country like Denmark. They needed new aircraft so they bought some because they have a none excistant industry etc.
UK also wants and needs new aircraft and have bought some for a specific role but they have a big aircraft industry and a lot of experience. Ergo saying that they can't make an aircraft because countries like Best Korea and Denmark can't is utter retarded.

You're suggesting that the British won't be replacing more than half of their fighter force on the basis that North Korea can't.

It is beyond retarded.

>That's a trainer

Attached: fc03aaef007813da72b3827fecf8b305.jpg (1799x1129, 201K)

I’m just saying that the fact that they want or need to replace their airforce has nothing to do with the fact that they can, like you were suggesting

It has plenty to do with it because you're not going to do it if there's no will for it. Utter nonsensical remarks.

Will is necessary but in no way sufficient, even a retard can understand that

I've never suggested otherwise, so I'm not sure why you said that.

kek
saved

Where exactly did I suggest it - quote the exact line?

It wont exist.