Dragunov Recommendations

I'm a midwestern bro looking to buy an Dragunov. Are any good recommendations for the parts and manufacturers, and how best to purchase economically?

Attached: D.png (771x469, 282K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dragunov.net/faq.html#kit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Give me $12k for a Tigr.

Allegedly there are going to be 2000 hungarian SVDs imported at $4k each.

A Tigr 's a wonderful thing

Hurry up and wait for one of the Hungarian ones being imported soon. They are gloriously overpriced, but still 1/2-1/3 the price of any SVD currently available.

In fact if you want to save money get an FN SCAR and slap an ACOG on it.

tripfags and SCARposters are literally the worst

Attached: 1533871524824.jpg (460x409, 16K)

>SCAR poverty posting in and SVD thread

Kek

wtf u talking about a tigr is 1k$

Zastava is supposed to be importing something similar soon

What you smoking

I have a Nornico NDM86. I would say go that route or get a tiger and convert it.

But realize you're buying a 2-2.5 MOA gun.

Wasn't Ian claiming the SVD could get decent (~1 MOA) accuracy if you use handloads?

a Tigr not a psl nigger

Attached: 1466280678543.jpg (500x558, 16K)

No, the Russian guy Max was and he was wrong. I'm sure there are some that can with 7n14 but the Ukranian military wanted to replace their SVDs because they were not very accurate.

That guy was a brainlet, I bet Ian only let him on so he has a Russian connection to look at more Russian forgotten weapons

He is a well respected Russian firearms journalist. He is just biased as fuck.

Easier to find on the black market, if you know how to look.

hell, a PSL is $1600 now

>Easier to find on the black market, if you know how to look.

why illegally import semi auto rifles when you can just BUY a better one for less money.

Where senpai?

"SVDs" as a generalized group are capable of sub-moa. That doesn't mean that every one is, theres massive variance without even touching what ammo they're using.
Source: Am a euro that used to own an SVD and knew a bunch of people with SVDs and Tigrs.
So when people say that they're notably accurate guns that's not strictly true; but when people categorically state that they're inaccurate 5moa junk, that's not really true either; though it has undeniably been true for individual examples.

He's larping user, the only black marcket op saw was inside a prison shower.

>SVDs are sub moa

Attached: doubt.jpg (1237x459, 52K)

Aren't PSL's shit? Some /akg/ nigger said his shot around 3moa iirc

>Aren't PSL's shit?
They are not an svd so yes

Get an AR-10.

Because Russian rifles are the shit. Hands down.
It’s not my fault Obama embargoed their shit.

>be me, poorfag.
>Someone mentions a local gun action, I check out what's listed.
>Entire catalog is maximum fudd.
>Almost 50% Auto5s in various configurations.
>3 non fudd guns.
>One is a WASR Labeled "AK 47"
>One is a Norinco import RPK labeled "China AK"
>Last one is a pristine looking Tigr, the only information with the picture is "762 Russian"
>It was extremely clear they had no idea what any of it was, or what it was worth.
>Show up prepared to spend every last penny I had for the Tigr, hoping that no one else knew what it was.
>However I was a poorfag, so every last penny was only $2900.
>Auction attendees are exclusively boomer fudds, most of them about as wide around as they were tall.
>Hopes were raised that no one would recognize it and luck may still be with me.
>Bidding started out rough, but as soon as it went over $500 it was just me and one other guy.
>Now in a bidding war and extremely aware of how unprepared I am.
>I finally bid 2,800 and the other guy doesn't respond.
>I'm prepared to be broke as shit but happy.
>On last call a third party in the very back bids 2900.
>They auctioneer looks at me expectantly for the same instant response I'd been giving up til then.
I'm still fucking salty, and it's five years later. What makes it worse is that a few months later I had heard from a friend that they specifically avoided using that auction company for their father's estate sale because they have a reputation for shill bidding.

>Because Russian rifles are the shit. Hands down.
Russian firearms are fine. If they are as shit as you say, they wouldn't be so widespread and popular all over the globe

A lot of countries buy Russian firearms.

But as with most collections, you don’t buy it because it’s “the best”, you get whatever you are interested in. And Soviet era SVD rifles are fucking tight.

He said THE shit, not just shit. There's a difference.

Attached: 1416474656689.jpg (1680x1050, 395K)

Actually we’re both too retarded to read correctly.

I said the shit. Not shit. The shit. Russian firearms are dope. And worth every penny of finders fees just to have one up on your wall.

Wait you're not from Russia? Why the fuck you want a tigr then

Attached: sketch-1562150442059.png (1080x1430, 305K)

kek, well I feel like a tard now. But yes, slav guns are dope. I'd really love a dragunov even if it's not a russian manufactured one.

Attached: 92d.jpg (211x239, 5K)

Actual Dragunov rifles were never imported officially to the US. A few have been smuggled in, but for the most part it's near impossible to get one here. When they do come up for sale you can expect the actions to fall between $20,000-$25,000. The tigr was available for import for a few years though, so it's the closest thing most of us we can get to an SVD. Usually they go for $4,000-$8,000 but sometimes upwards of $10,000. Plenty of people buy them just to dress them up as real SVDs.

Wait for Hungarian rifles to come in to the states.

Attached: 1558649366703m.jpg (724x1024, 116K)

>Rate of fire
>30/m

Attached: 1442636264287.gif (890x890, 169K)

>future option part

Attached: 1539811203686.gif (280x198, 361K)

Does anyone know for how much does tgr go in europoor countrys?

Attached: 866fbc0.jpg (635x791, 102K)

no idea, last time I checked the importer I looked up was asking between 1000 and 2000 yurobux
then again, that's also the price for a basic bitch AR, at least here

Screen capped this.

I'm sorry friend. That's such a beatdown.

Underbarrel shotgun.

I realize I'm buying a piece of artwork and not trying to instigate a civil war in Yemen....

Did I say that I was shopping for a Minivan - Gas Electric hybrid? This is about dragunov.

If I wanted to save money I'd get a UR MOM and slap MYCOK on it.

Yes they were. KBI imported a small batch of 100 rifles: dragunov.net/faq.html#kit

But yes, many have just kind of mysteriously showed up here. Interestingly though they are on the C&R list.

They heat up real fast and have light barrels so they start stringing really fast

Pretty fun though but heavy ball ammo (yellow tip for most countries) can damage them so you have to be careful with what you feed it

They were cool when they were $500-600 ten years ago, they're a bad choice now

I’ve been seeing this image for years does anyone know the sauce?

based and redpilled

>2 MOA
FTFY

Oh hey, I have a tiger. Pretty fuckin sweet desu. I've never tried to see how accurate it is, I just know it will hit a 10" plate at 200 yards easily.

Attached: Tiger.png (1328x747, 1.27M)

>economical dragunov
>in the US
You're paying multiple thousands of dollars for a rifle that's only that expensive because of economic sanctions and collector's value. It would unironically be cheaper to buy one from a European boating accident.

Attached: somalia.jpg (559x687, 86K)

Yes. Anyone know of Maritime reclaimed SVD for sale?

I said this because the Scar looks like a fuggin minivan

Ido

find a Russian/any former soviet state who is in the military handling logistics. Have him disassemble the rifle and shit it to the us marked airshit parts. its dont all the time with gucci russian shit hell one of my friends just got a box of like 30 bakelite mags off a russian who did this

What a timeline

My guesses would be:
1. Convert to Islam and see if the local mosque has one in their cache
Or
2. Find a Yurofriend who's not afraid to report their new SVD as stolen

Attached: 1538933991657.jpg (847x466, 37K)

You first

>Future Option

Attached: 1505488575062.gif (500x375, 1001K)