Non-LARPing USMC Scout/Sniper here to answer your questions

Non-LARPing USMC Scout/Sniper here to answer your questions.

Attached: shadowman.jpg (993x1280, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marines.mil/Portals/1/Publications/MCTP 3-01E (Formerly MCWP 3-15.3).pdf?ver=2016-08-02-130206-573
eba-d.com/products/mplc-tactical-line-charge/
amazon.com/Official-Military-Surplus-Duffle-Duffel/dp/B001TXXLZI
fitness.marines.mil/Portals/211/Docs/PFT_CFT/PFT_CFT Standards/Table 2-2 Hybrid Pull-up Push-up Test Scoring Tables.pdf?ver=2019-01-04-154009-413
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Arvin_Overton
stilleractions.com/product/mk13/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

also, stencil thread

how many hotdogs can you fit in your mouth at once?

Yeah

What's your favorite LARP spot?

Are you actually a hog?

Q: What Do With This

Attached: 1479352770898.png (1925x1487, 106K)

A: take inna woods

sure

haven't worked on a PR yet still training.

your moms house.

yup. Haven't gone to any follow on schools (mountain, urban, team leaders) yet, but a ton of my buddies have so I can answer some questions, although they change their curriculum a lot it seems so my info on those might be off.

shoot it

Not going to doxx myself. There is 1 sniper platoon per battalion, of those 20 dudes maybe 10 on average are HOGs, do the math with how many battalions there are and you'll see how small the community is.

Attached: A6.png (3264x1072, 3.83M)

Good Answer
I'll Be Watching You

Attached: good_answer.jpg (1280x720, 51K)

Is there less garrison bullshit, as compared to being a regular 03XX ?

Attached: ZELVvf0.jpg (660x390, 83K)

Israel says thanks, you kike puppet.

It depends a lot on your platoon, and especially on whether or not you're a PIG vs HOG. In my platoon, fuck yes our life is a million times better than the line, PT is up to you, my day is typically formation at 0800 or whatever, gym all morning, then in the afternoon either do what we have to do to get ready for the next field op or jack off in my room, get off when the company does. The only truly busy times in garrison for us are when we are getting ready to conduct or are conducting an Indoc to get new PIGs, and when those PIGs join the platoon it's a lot of class time to get them up to speed.

Yeah I've noticed. It's a good thing I joined to murder people and not for politics or it might really bother me.

Attached: 596.jpg (3264x2448, 1.6M)

I can respect that. What camouflaging, stalking, tracking, and bushcrafting read would you recommend for a never served? Seems like all the good data for that is classified or not easily available

Well to be honest, it's really not classified, even slightly. For example

marines.mil/Portals/1/Publications/MCTP 3-01E (Formerly MCWP 3-15.3).pdf?ver=2016-08-02-130206-573

The only problem is a lot of it is old, but you'll get the idea. Pretty much everything the Marine Corps infantry does is published in Marine Corps Warfighting Manuals that are readily available online, from machinegun caps/lims to sniping, it's all online. I can answer specific questions if you have any, i.e. why you should use a lighter base layer for a ghillie suit etc.

Why do you guys keep doing support by fire missions? Its like your company/battalion commanders forgot you guys are supposed to be their eyes and ears?

Also, why do none of you can do sector sketches worth your damn? Or actually do route/zone/area recon? Hell, besides marksmanship and stalking, why are you 'Orah" Scouts can't do anything actual snipers are supposed to do?

-Love, Army Infantry Recon Platoons from BCTs.

Im putting together a 16inch AR10. I already have a 1-4 Vortex Viper scope that I'm going to put on it temporarily, but I was thinking of getting something with higher magnification. I want 2-10, but ive seen a lot of people going for 4-12 and such. What is good to go for a DMR type application?

Well, there's a few reasons for that. Mostly, it's because the battalion commander sees us as a sneaky FIST team, not a recon/shooting element. I very very rarely get employed in training for my shooting capabilities, almost every single btn field op is us infilling to a mountain somewhere and dropping bombs. So yeah it's completely a command thing.

Why do our sketches suck? because it's 2019 dickweed we got cameras now. That and because most of the time we practice that shit, it's when you've just done a few hours of thrashing or something else, so you spend more time worrying about getting cammie paint on the sheet and shit vs making a beautiful drawing. Also the training manuals can't seem to decide whether they want it to be a range card or a field sketch, or both, so most PIGs just get confused and make some fucked up hybrid thing that isn't worth a damn. In country we would use cameras and photoshop on a toughbook to do shit like that, drawing by hand is reliable but lets be honest, no commander gives a fuck what you draw, they'll just wonder why the fuck you didn't take a picture instead.

Route recon? I did a ton of that, breach reports, HLZ reports, the whole shebang.

oh you're army. I guess I'd talk shit if I only deployed to Korea too.

Our SSDS Schmidt and Benders are only 3-12 and that's fine for up to 1000m, for a DMR type application I think that or like a 1-8 would be fine. It really just depends on what you expect your average engagement distance to be.

Your a assasin and have to kill someone with 1shot. A high distance increase your chance of survival.
Whats the distance you would shoot and GTFO?
>7.62x51
>.300WinMag
>.338LM
>With FMF or ELD-X

*FMJ

you're a retard

Thats not a retard question

I envy you. Your Army counterparts are treated like absolute dogshit in comparison. So many days are spent waiting in a common area for the off chance info would be passed along that could just as easily be sent to a group text. Another favorite is the weekly PMCSing of a deadlined Humvee because the mechanics refuse to do their jobs, preferring to not even pass the paperwork to dismiss you from a vehicle they literally ratfuck for parts.

Leadership consists of either undiagnosed autists with no sense of self awareness and personal space or out-of-shake Turbo NPC normalfags that like to pull up “regulations” when it suits them while dismissing their own shortcomings. Shits fucked

In like an urban area? Ruger takedown .22 with a bull barrel and suppressor. Walk into a nearby building wearing business clothes and the weapon in a suitcase, assemble once I reach my FFP, dome in the head quiet as fuck, put it back in the suitcase and walk away while everyone around them wonders what happened in minecraft.

But using your list, .300WM ELD-X. .338 is overkill, 7.62 ballistics honestly suck a fat shit compared to modern ammunition, we only use it because we have an insane stockpile of it, and even then we just now introduced .300WM rifles to the platoons, even though every other fucking branch has had them since like 2010.

>In like an urban area? Ruger takedown .22 with a bull barrel and suppressor.
LARP
A
R
P
Don't give a shit how many photos you stole from an older sibling and are going to continue to post. All your answers to anything have been bs.

It really really depends on the platoon man. Especially as a PIG, your life may suck BAD, like worse than a fucking boot bad. I'm talking like, carrying a day pack with a PIG egg and running every where you go bad. Also if your platoon has been fucking up, the command will try to crush you and give you a gay ass pltsgt, I've heard of platoons doing uniform inspections on bi-weekly basis because "YOU'RE NOT SPECIAL BECAUSE YOURE A SNIPER YOU FUCKIN UNDERSTAND A MARINES A MARINE". Also, by TO our platoon commander is an intel officer, so sometimes you get a cool dude who stays in his lane and lets you run the show and he just signs off, sometimes you get an absolute fucking FAGGOT that won't do shit and will sell you out at every given chance to advance his career to XO or whatever he wants.

You're retarded. In that scenario I'm talking like, sub 50m shot. Like, inside a building, next to a restaurant where the dude is eating outside. stop sperging out you nerd.

But whats the distance you would use at a open field or street? You never know if that dude wears a fucking plate(only relevant if you shoot a enemy soldier.
Go away, OP is a nice guy

Hahaha My man, guess you are one of us. Fuck are you doing shitposting on Jow Forums? Don't give away too much of our tools of the trade. Most of these idiots watch too much movies and think we're squad level DMs.

-Love, Army Reconnaissance/Scout Platoon

I would pick a supressed 300blk contender you can hide under a sportcoat.

Wear your tooth under your shirt and get the fuck off Jow Forums looking for attention from user wannabe's, posers and faggots. What do you think your platoon would think if they saw you posting this gay shit on here? Your username is hsld and you're trying to post 'cool' photos to feel important and answer questions no one is asking otherwise. Stop acting like a boot and go find a pole.

Attached: 47169795_10212175171326954_3070748982092234752_o.jpg (2048x1152, 170K)

Haha, pissed NEET goes full retard

Attached: t_f9441915cd1311466bf4ce9c4da3f9e9-imagejpeg.png (200x175, 50K)

Fair. Grass is greener syndrome, I suppose. Is the “Good Ol’ Boys Club” a thing with you too?

That's actually quite ingenious, most people would associate a suppressed .22 to anything other than an actual gunshot, and when you are within certain distances, .22 will fuck your world up, especially if it manages to lodge itself between the upper brain and lower brain.

I stand by OP and his balls to get within physical contact distances.

I mean with the .22 thing I'm talking like some hitman shit. Like, go shoot this corporate exec walking down wall street. Actual war shit it really just depends, honestly I would get as close as I could while still having a good chance at hitting, and that would depend on what position I can get away with shooting in. If I'm fucked out of luck and I have to shoot standing on a tripod, I'll try to get withing 500m. If I can do it from the prone, and I have dialed in my dopes for that environment, then prone with a .300wm I would feel very confident at 1300m or so, depending heavily on wind. One of the things you realize after doing this a while, is that it takes a lot of preparation that doesn't always happen to get the magical sniper shots you've heard about. But when you do get that preparation, even with 7.62 1000m first round impacts on man-sized targets is extremely achievable, and it makes my dick hard.

My brotha. I'm just bored, figured I'd spread some love. Most people are just going to say I'm LARPing anyways and not believe me like retard up there.

also a decent contender, I just really like the ruger takedowns because they can fit into an extremely small briefcase. We used to keep them in our trucks and smack deer with them when I was at Quantico.

>find a pole
kek, no thanks fag. Go haze your PIGs or something. You sound like a 1/5 faggot, that platoon was always the most gay of gatekeeping faggot losers, out of shape HOGs beating their chests and sucking on eachothers teeth. Fuck you

Oh fuck yeah. Personally, I hate about 75% of the sniper community. The overwhelming majority think the second they make it through school, they're that greatest thing to ever happen, and they're there to tell you about it. It's really fucking annoying, especially being in basically peace time and a lot of these guys don't have any experience beyond Okinawa and Med floats. They all get out of shape and slow, and rely on their PIGs to get literally anything done. Not my style. PIG life in some platoons is absolutely abysmal and I don't envy them, it's turned into a huge retention issue where some battalions will take the top 10% on paper and FORCE them to attend an indoc because the culture has become so gay that nobody wants to do it anymore.

Thx user, Im using a 300WinMag for hunting and using a range card and Kastrel gives my only the balls to shoot a deer at less than 400yards (4,5"). Respect for your skills OP

boot

why is this fat dude being posted? user you don't think this clown is a tough guy. do you?

Kestrels are the bomb diggidy. Look up how to true your dopes and your confidence will increase a TON. It'll spit you about as accurate dopes as you can get without confirming them through shooting yard lines. Although even knowing what I know I wouldn't shoot an animal over 400m away, that's just a personal ethics thing.

POG

>he doesn't bloatmode

Hes just gay AF and would rape every user im replay to

Attached: 1560312235770.gif (366x342, 920K)

>Do you build, load for, and shoot precision rifles in your off time?
>Are your personal rifles and ammunition as inferior as your issued ones?
>Are you well versed in whats available for long range shooting or mostly just whats taught on mil equipment?
>do you get frustrated by what your issued and ask for something better?

> Most people are just going to say I'm LARPing anyways and not believe me like retard up there.
Bro no one thinks Milfags/fedfags/copfags don't post.
I got a Q. If you have done it. What would you recommend I use on the front of my ghillie suit to help me slide better? I found a chalkboard fabric that is strong and smooth it may work. But what do you faggots use?

can you post a picture of your fighting load? like how do you carry m40 mags? do you carry an m4 with your m40? what kind of ruck do you guys use? can you use your own hiking shoes?

I got you. He does look rapey

Is it true female marines are like black widows that will fuck your whole life up worse than the Veitnamese rice farmers?

Sounds about right. Remember, Scout Snipers are brigade level assets. We're battalion/company level and case by case for the different Infantry Divisions. We also don't have dedicated schools just for our junior scouts and snipers, each unit makes up its on selection.

But that is a good thing during certain times as well, for example deployment.

When funding comes in and you do your job beyond the standard? Cool guy shit just rolls in. Hell I remember back in OEF 2012-2013, my Recon Plt was so effective at our job, local SF guys refused to work with anyone else except us. I remember my PL shooting 5-6 of these(see below) into a compound because the shit heads didn't want to get our of their fortified complex.

eba-d.com/products/mplc-tactical-line-charge/

Im using my same gun for 800yards shooting with normal match handloads without problems but hunting is like Castration down by 50% or even more. And how do you deal with 3A+ guys when you have no AP(not even sure if this helps at 400+) Do you get closer for a headshot at 300-500yards? Thats the strangest shit i imagine for modern snipers not killing arabs

>Hating 3/4ths of your peers
#Metoo
It’s depressing how things are this way. Our retention is rather low too. People are only staying in due to debts or lacking aspiration to try anything more challenging either in-service or out. Used to believe I’d get far for volunteering for everything (kek) and doing the best I could with PT. Now I’m just salty, trying to creep my nose clean until it’s my time to move on, hopefully to a place where making the minimum PT score and being a degenerate while fraternizing/nepotism with upper leadership isn’t acceptable

What is larping

>do i build
no, but I do own a bergara b14HMR 6.5CM because it's as close as you can get to a civilian A5.
>Is it inferior? No, other than not being suppressed, it is vastly superior to our A6's. 7.62 is a shit round for long distance shooting in the year 1950+69, and the fact that our primary scopes are still 3-12 is an absolute joke. The marine corps is broke like you wouldn't believe.
>well versed in industry stuff
Sort of, I follow it to a point but some shit is just so far out there and there's just so much FUDD on stupid shit to buy that I don't stress it that bad. I don't see myself buying a different round than 6.5CM anytime soon.
>do I get frustrated with issued shit
yes, 100% of the time. The navy receives 50% of the DoD budget, we receive 2% of that budget. So, 1% of the DoD budget. It's a shitshow. Everything is old, everything sucks. Almost everything on the civilian side is better. Our plate carriers are bulky stupid shit, our boots suck, our helmets use almost the same padding as they did in 2005, do not join the USMC if you want to play with cool toys.

We use seabag, like these

amazon.com/Official-Military-Surplus-Duffle-Duffel/dp/B001TXXLZI

we call em skidplates, and sew them on the front of our pants and tops.

>We use seabag, like these
This is what I was looking for. once watched a army vid where they built one but the never said what the skidplate was. sweet thank you are still a fag though.

Not just female marines, female military personnel period. Of course there are some that do not, but that is the minority, not the majority. They see pregnancy as a free ticket out of deployment and will do anything to get knocked up. If you don't believe me?

Make a friend at your local military post. Ask him when certain coed units are going to deploy. Then ask him to give you a 24 hour pass so you can watch all the pregnants walking around in PT a few months before a deployment.

>What you are doing right now?
For $500 Alex.

>post a picture
no, because it would doxx me. I use a personal plate carrier, and my rifle is painted personally and people would know. But to answer your questions, the A6's and A5's both came with AICS mag pouches, and usually the TL will have them on his gear since the bolt gun is his to use. Yes you will carry an M4 with your 40 if you don't have a pistol, which we never do have. Ruck depends on batallion, some you're SOL and have to use the issued garbage, I and many other people use the issued ruck with a reinforced TacTaylor/TAG metal ALICE frame to stay low profile but also not die carrying the heavy ass loads we have to carry. Personal hiking shoes are allowed while in ghillie due to it not technically being a USMC uniform, but not in cammies.

yes, they are worthless trash.

We're a battalion-level asset. Battalion recon for us is reg. level, Force recon is supposed to be division level, although nobody deploys anymore so it doesn't matter.

I've never shot someone wearing plates, so I wouldn't know, but yeah I would aim for the neck. In Afghan we found pamphlets the Taliban spread around with diagrams on where to aim to miss our plates. Spooky stuff.

I feel you dude. The studs get booted and the turds stay suited. I'm bouncing out of this fucked organization and going contracting, it's time to get paid my dude.

no problem faggot any other questions i'll be around for another hour or two

On every military post that employs infantry, there is a alteration shop that does stitching and uniform alterations(at least for the army) the shop's name escapes my mind but ask your supply sgt and he would know. They take dufflebag and a uniform top and bottoms and will covert it for your into a base ghillie. Its up to you afterwards to add the jute and color saturation.

This. Or mama-sans right outside of base. Also, use strong fishing net for the attachment points for your jute. Also, don't just use jute, what we do is these things called tie-ons. You put 550 cord in there as well, so in a pinch you can directly tie clumps of vegetation into your suit without having to fuck around with bungie cords like you would if you were in your FFP.

Good little Halfrican Mutt baby factories.

Boy I sure am glad we diversified the military! Not only could we still win two world wars, we could do it faster! And better! With less casualties thanks to our wonderful minority and female soldiers!

Aren't you guys formed into companies and when the Op Order get dished put, you guys separate as per MET-TC? We infantry snipers are raised within the battalion and divided up like barracks whores in an infantry unit. We do not have anything dedicated, we are literally at the mercy of our chain of command.

Casual reminder that a male marine has to do 23 pullups for a perfect pullup score, while females only have to do 12.

fitness.marines.mil/Portals/211/Docs/PFT_CFT/PFT_CFT Standards/Table 2-2 Hybrid Pull-up Push-up Test Scoring Tables.pdf?ver=2019-01-04-154009-413

Yeah, it's that bad.

Nope, we're a platoon, usually in Weapons company or H/S depending on how much your battalion trusts you to not fuck off, and when deployment comes that platoon is split up into teams that are spread throughout the 3 lines companies AO's. Until deployment we rotate training through each company as needed, and do about half the workup on our own doing ranges/indocs/stalks whatever. They've been experimenting with the idea of a Regimental Sniper Company like they used to have in Vietnam, where that company just attaches platoons to battalions that are deploying, but it isn't a Marine corps wide thing yet. I feel bad for you army guys, it seems like they just treat you guys like DM's and that sucks.

What flavor crayon is the best?
Personally I like the orange with a dab of Elmer’s.

for me, personally? It's blurple.

Pretty much this, my preference is to go a few sizes larger and have them cut the pants and tops add zippers or straps that way you can have a breathable, skeletonized camo cover that can go over everything. If you do this however, make sure you add straps to the ends of your arms and legs so the tops don't slide off when your low crawling/stalking.

Scariest field experience related to your role?

Have you ever been at risk of getting spotted by the enemy and/or hunted by counter-snipers, even durka ones?

Attached: 882f0fd2.jpg (552x414, 35K)

Does your mom know you're gay?
Also, if I wanted to study sniping in a guerrilla warfare context, what book/video would you recommend?

Diversity makes us stronger. You’d do best to remember that.
Obviously not literally of course. But figuratively. Abstractly. Some would say imaginarily.

>Casual reminder that a male marine has to do 23
What? I did 27 at the Arnold classic and that faggot recruiter wouldn't give me my "pain is weakness" shirt because he wanted 30.

It depends on the unit. If you have a competent battalion commander, he will know what to do and allocate funding and conduct missions/field ops that makes sense. If you have a dickhead whose entire career was in national guard or reserve? Well buckle up, the big green weenie is coming in dry.

Thanks the 550 thing is a great idea I wouldn't have considered

You never met female military personnel have you?
50% just wants to have a nice, easy life IE dirtbags.
25% are somewhat competent so they get moved as soon as they settle in and they are find with it so they burn bridges and are typical brown nosers.
10% are raging bitches in command that keep getting promoted out of position so they can't spread their toxic leadership to the current unit they are assigned.
5% are actually useful and you can trust them with your life IE they will die trying to accomplish the mission and thus are a credit to their unit and the military organization that they stand for.

95% of them will not be able to keep up to men because of nature and evolution.

not really a question but a rant, you mentioned using 300wms and when I read about how they were set up I was pretty disappointed.
It's been a bit but from I remember they did it wrong.
>1:10
so new rifle set up for old tech ammunition
>22" barrel
I know a suppressor is often used but the full 24" gives a nice bump
>ammunition choice
biggest gripe is it's set up for the old 220gr(?) smk for reasons. Could have opted for any of the heavier berger hybrids (not vld) and outperformed it which are pretty insensitive to jump from what Ive seen. Now sierra has 230gr smk that would shit on most bthp designs and warner tool has monos that even top them but might be more sensitive to jump.
>stiller action
they did this part right, I think the army went with a remington made 700 action instead of stiller.
>weight of build
an opinion but I think they could have gone lighter even with a 24"

I know guys with fully rigged hunting 300wm inside of 12lbs that out range both the heavier while naked issued 300wm and 338lm in their current loadings and cost about the same or less not including a bit of handwork.

This guy knows. I personally don't like zippers because they get full of gunk when you thrash your suit in the PIG pond, but buying one or two sizes up to fit chest rigs/armor is absolutely spot on. A good alternative to a full suit as well is a Cobra Hood, which is what I typically use when patrolling vs a full suit.

IED's are scary, the taliban are not stupid, especially once they started wising up to using carbon/graphite connectors in pressure plates to beat our metal detectors. I've been soft compromised insofar as the locals knowing we were in the area, but that usually just lead to no action. The taliban aren't stupid, they won't fuck around if they think they'll get their shit pushed in.

Sniping is pretty guerilla in nature to start with, I'd read the marine corps pubs and go from there.

Recruiters are gay and don't want to give away t shirts kek.

That's rough buddy. Snipers always get the shit end of the stick and it makes me hate my job a lot of the time, especially with how rigid conformity to "discipline" is in the modern cream corn.

Yeah the 550 tie ins are typically what you'll veg for movement, with maybe one big bungie cord. It's only once you reach your FFP you go full bush mode, with rubber bands/boot bands everywhere full of veg. And by bush mode I mean bush mode, it typically takes two full sized bushes to get enough veg to fully conceal, and its where a lot of people get busted. They get to where they want to shoot and get caught gathering veg.

>They get to where they want to shoot and get caught gathering veg.
So what gather on the way to the FFP and be full bush when ready to fire?

Yeah I've not been super impressed with them. You have to remember that all military acquisitions are fucking sketchy from the start, a bunch of retired generals getting hooked up by current generals/gunners that don't know shit about dick. The action is still remington, you probably saw prototypes, which inevitably get downgraded. The barrel length thing isn't a big deal, like the A6's chopped down to 19" barrels since we always shoot suppressed. Carrying around a fuckhuge musket is a pain, especially in heavy vegetation, and some shooters like Todd Hodnett have found short barrels exhibit better stiffness. Ammo wise I'm surprised we even get to still use SMK's, I figured someone out there would cry about the ballistic hollow tip in regards to the geneva convention, even though we all know it's not for terminal expansion.

That's one way of doing it, I did that a few times, I'd find a safe spot with veg matching the spot I wanted to shoot from, and stuff my drag bag with as much as I could fit, then apply in the FFP. If you choose a good FFP and move slowly it isn't hard to acquire the veg once you're there, but if you're shooting from a sketchy spot it can get hairy.

>geneva convention,
We never signed it Bro shoot the shit out of them with anything you like.
> but if you're shooting from a sketchy spot it can get hairy.
So you deployed? or are you talking about at school? Because I think the school would be hard mode they are looking for anything in a area they look at all day long

Was he a marine I guess? Drum mags and ribbed barrels weren't used with the m1a1

How does it feel to know you are a boot and will never get your CAR?

The gun that old fuck is holding never saw a day of fighting and niggers were never front line troops so the pic is a lefty cuck meme.

My contribution to this thread?
-Your biggest casualty producing weapon is not the shit you carry but the shit you can call down.
-Make sure that fucking metal dead weight in your ruck is always 100% functional.
-If you are shooting, you or someone fucked up and you are attempting to salvage the situation.
-Practice your field-craft, you are a scout foremost and a sniper at the least. If you can't survive for days without being in the line company logistics, you are not a scout sniper, you are designated marksmans with a cool camo suit.
-Log everything you see, shit that happens in moments rarely make sense until days later.
-Don't be an asshole, if you put yourself into a dangerous situation just so you can get a chance at glory? You're just being a buddy fucker and making other units/QRF risk them selves unnecessarily and getting them killed.
-You are not a door kicker and rarely a head hunter.
-Your job is to observe Who What When Where and Why, also to watch colorful explosions if you do things right.
-Discipline is an expectation not a standard to conform to. Do not force it upon your scout plt unless you want them to crumble from the weight of both their ruck sacks and the shit your chain of command puts them through.
-Don't be a Jody and prowl the FRG.

Wisdom from a retired E8 with too much time on his hands.

Oh so its masturbation?

I heard a guy call his kit his larp gear and I've never heard that before then saw the word here as well

Geneva convention doesn't apply to hollow points. In fact the only thing it applies to is how one must treat captured uniformed combatants. If I hadn't ever served, I would have called bullshit on you being in at all just for that. But I know from experience most military folks don't understand the various conventions and codes that govern their behavior

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Arvin_Overton

Sure, his CIB says otherwise.

I wish. Yeah I'm talking about at school, in country the odds of you doing a stalk are so fucking low I dont know anyone that has ever done it. Ever since that team got wacked in Ramadi CENTCOM made the rules for minimum personnel to leave the wire very strict, the days of a 2 man team walking out in the jungle to go murder are long long gone. More likely it's a team of 4 to 8, doing a night patrol to a hide site and sitting there for a few days, dropping bombs if you're lucky. At school it can be hard or very easy depending on the stalk lane, the instructors are indeed fucking deadly on glass because they've seen each lane and each FFP hundreds of times, but they dont have x ray vision. I said it in the other thread but to prove a point that movement is all about route selection we had an instructor stalk within shooting range wearing a florescent vest. Once you understand how to effectively choose a route, all there is to stalking is properly applying veg in the FFP, because you shoot twice. Once you shoot, an instructor comes within 10 paces of you, and holds his stick up. The instructors on glass then try to walk him onto you, using facing commands. If they cant find you, you shoot again and the process repeats. If you dont get caught, then you have to break down and exfil usually just like 20 yards or so backwards and you're done, but you can be busted during this process. Before you break down though the instructor doing the walking will grade your position, if you were lazy and didnt apply enough veg and got lucky you lose points, if you're shooting through thick veg and didnt clear enough to realistically shoot through, you'll lose points. Shit like that. I sucked fat balls at it my first few times, then ended up being really good at it and now I really enjoy it.

Live Action Roll Play is larp now eat a dick.

>2019 believing anything on Wikipedia?
You can be new to this. The only place niggers fought were in Alaska or some shit

it says he was a technician so fixing shit, so no combat most likely.

I saw a Vid of the MC school once it was how you described only I had no idea you have to shoot twice and get out.
I guess irl you would have to leave some time.
Speaking of I have to go to work. nice talking to you good luck. Still gay though.

People only say
>lol Wikipedia wrong
When it doesn't say what they want it to. Although in this case you aren't really wrong about the guy, he was a Jeep driver, burial detail and base security the entire time he was in. He never engaged in front line combat (or possibly any combat) as far as his military records are concerned

Im same user you replied to, I dont really know the history of the mk13s but stiller made it sound like they made at least the a7s
stilleractions.com/product/mk13/
Found it kind of interesting that the mk13 reamers have a bit of popularity in civilian rifles because theyre pretty well suited to the newer bergers and hornady bullets, people just get a faster twist.

For the shorter barrels, I understand your opinion. It might be the fudd in me but long action magnums dont seem right in less than 24" barrels with powder burns in mind. Most people building do 26+" but dont use suppressors. Id imagine anything to reduce your profile is advantageous though and sacrifices have to be made.

haven't known that feeling since 2011 gay boy

all true, but I'm getting out soon, fuck these people and fuck this place. Haircuts can suck my ass

I'm just going off what I'd been told esse, you thinkwe read the fucking geneva convention?

yeah the grading and criteria chance more frequently than you'd think, I can do a whole stalking post on an average lane if anyone is interested

We don't use Mk.13's. We use M40s, M110(SR25)'s, and the new .300wm. I don't spazz about the barrel lengths and all that shit because at the end of the day I have less than zero say in anything, I get the gun I get and have to make the best of it. Every time I get into the research and civilian market shit I just get pissed off that we're working with such fucking garbage.

and I know you're going to say BUT BUT BUT IT SAYS THE MK13 200WM SYSTEM REEEEEE

but keep in mind, this is the "new" M110 CSASS we're supposedly getting sometime in the future. It will not look like this when we get it.

Attached: CSAS.jpg (2000x1000, 198K)

>you think we read the Geneva convention?
You literally have to at least once in basic training. Don't you remember?

Kek no, you don't, and we certainly don't before or during deployments. All we give a fuck about are ROE's.

>We don't use Mk.13's
Im sorry user
>Every time I get into the research and civilian market shit I just get pissed off that we're working with such fucking garbage
On the bright side, I dont think any military looks into it and the people youre shooting at definitely dont. It's just strange to me how far behind where they could be they put themselves since theyre fairly small production on special order things Id have thought it be easier to pick and choose. For the 220gr specifically, the only good reason I can think of they might have chose it is if it's really really insensitive to jump. Some bullet designs are just easier to make shoot accurately ofc but it's not a load Id be interested in personally.
they wont let it look that sexy and it's going to shoot 175gr smk for another 30 years Im guessing

What is the best flavor of crayon?

>You literally have to at least once in basic training.
Not in the US military, you don't.

Don't me wrong we "use" them, we "have" them, but the problem is, we have about 6 gajillion rounds of 7.62 AA11 ammo, so when we "got" them, we went to the field, shot like 20 rounds while the btnGunner furiously masturbated himself, then put them away because the cream corn can't afford to shoot them. And again I'm getting out so from the start to finish of that range I just could not bring myself to give a fuck. Hell maybe it is a stiller action, if it is, it sure didn't feel any different than the 40's rem action. The nightforce scope was great though and step in the right direction, finally we get a decent reticle that isn't from the fucking 90's. And yeah it defininitely won't be that sexy, and it will shoot 175grsmk forever. But I'm still in favor of it, I carried an m110 as my primary as an ATL, and having a 20" barrel with a fixed stock was ridiculous, I can't believe people were out clearing fallujah with m16's, that shit is absolutely insane to me.

answered here

How good is your eyesight?