Interesting sheath

Interesting sheath.

How practical is drawing from the back?

Attached: 1562042949233.jpg (960x942, 109K)

He's black isn't he?

>ONE SWORD
>NO IDRIS ELBA
>BALDLET
negative ghostrider

>The Witcher
>Netflix

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Not practical at all
No but several characters have been blackwashed

B L A C K E D
L
A
C
K
E
D

Attached: pepelaughz.jpg (800x450, 40K)

He carries the Silver on the horse most of the time in the books. And give Elba a break, isn't the guy nearly 50 at this point?

>NOT MY WITCHER
wypipo bad

Attached: article-1394067-0C6445D500000578-432_306x332.jpg (306x332, 19K)

So is Jason Statham and The Rock is 47.
50 isn't that old in hollywood unless you do hard drugs.

If you don't give some action roles to the younger guys, we're gonna be out of luck when the older dudes pop a herniated disk.

Look at the gaping hole Jackie Chan left behind that still hasn't been filled. I thought that one Thai dude might have took over, but no such luck.

Of course, as soon as I say this I see that Henry Cavill is already 36 acting across from a girl 13 years younger than him, so maybe not so much for the younger actiong actors after all.

Also, the female lead is over half a foot shorter than Cavill. Damn hobbits.

Can't think of his name, but there's a Kiwi or Aussie (I think Kiwi) on YouTube who made a pretty solid video about it. Shadiversity I think

It may be more convenient for carrying but it's extremely difficult to draw sword from the back unless it's pretty short. But even then I don't know of any historical examples of carrying a sword on the back regardless of time period or weapon type.

I'd like to see more Donnie yen, but he should only do Hong Kong flicks. His accent in english is grating.

shadiversity did a video about this.

Why did ((((they))) black her bros?

Attached: Tw3_journal_fringilla.png (654x727, 333K)

>But even then I don't know of any historical examples of carrying a sword on the back regardless of time period or weapon type.
Now you do.
It wasn't drawn from the back, you would hand it to a squire and draw it then. Back-carry was for travelling, this is probably true for any sort of such sword.

Attached: Lower-Manhattan-from-airplane-looking-south-1934.jpg (1760x1176, 601K)

And stupid me, wrong pic, at least it's a nice view.

>girl who was described as looking like Yennefer is now black
Great...

Attached: Hiyoshimaru_meets_Koroku_on_Yahagibashi.jpg (1537x765, 1.01M)

you /v/irgins all deserve your precious vidya to be BLACKED

And another one.

Attached: odachi 1735.png (328x400, 51K)

Not really practical
Stick with the games
The probabilties of it being any good are slim

Thank you based weeb, I learned something today.

it can be done but historically its not common

it isn't

>mentioning skin color is Jow Forums
>>>/tumblr/

Not very. You have to clear the entire sheath with the sword before you can use it. Really awkward in real life. That's why samurai wore it on their hip.

>w*tcher
cringe

Completely depends on your arm length versus the blade length, since you have a shorter range of motion to draw it from the back. Personally I can only draw a 28~ inch blade max, even with pulling the scabbard down. Better for travelling, worse if you are expecting a lot of fighting or surprise encounters.

You will notice something very important in this image though, that sword is his sidearm. Everyone is using a spear because swords were sidearms in medieval times. He's not expecting to need to draw it.

Watch the Swordsman

elric is better and the original

Attached: elric.jpg (1920x2855, 1.08M)

Have seen this. Vid is way too long and he is a bit too enthusiastic but his design is great and he seems genuine.

>Everything that doesn't perfectly align with my very narrow views is Jow Forums!

Sorry, I meant the lost bladesman

It's Henry Cavill

Try it and you'll know immediately.

Never played the game, hardly watch tv, the characters back is facing us and with the current trend of blackwashing everything it was a legitimate question.

geralt and elric as characters could not be farther apart. Swords and white hair are about the only characteristics they have in common.

It isn't.

Only the female characters changed races.

Drawing from the back is easy. Ninjas held their swords on their backs.

Attached: 1552777518632.jpg (588x1100, 114K)

>He carries the Silver on the horse most of the time in the books.
He doesn't even have his silver sword later in the books, just the sihil.

>that image
WHY

It's a long story. The short version was people were prempyively calling Netflix racist for making a show based on a series with no non white characters. There was massive pressure to blackwash many of the girls.

Just because you're carrying a sword on your back doesn't mean you're drawing it from your back. This warrior probably drew his waist-sword first, and unshouldered the Odachi before drawing if he needed it.

This. And if he needed to draw it, it'd make far more sense for him to unshoulder it before drawing, the same way you'd unshoulder a rifle.

but still why? The northern kingdoms are heavily nationalistic with anyone who isn't "eastern european" sticking out like a sore thumb.

Did they not even read the books? A bunch of non-white sorceresses would have been attempted to be purged even before the events of time of contempt caused many kings to distrust sorcerers and sorceresses.

Also Kovir was across the fucking ocean so there is no reason to be race mixing unless they decided to ignore the politics which is a huge backdrop for everything that happens.

The netflix crowd pushes for it, from the board to the writers to a loud part of the audience.

I think there was also criticism of the Witcher games themselves for not including more PoC characters. They argued that since the series was a high-fantasy where people can be turned into toads or the dead can come back to life, why wouldn't there be a handful of non-Europeans in the setting when historically there was contact between Europe and Africa/the Middle East in medieval times, albeit limited?

Unless the sword is very short it doesn't work.

Because fuck them? They can make they’re own fuckin video game if they want

BASED

Doesn't matter, the author is a whiny faggot who drank all of the kool-aid. He was salty he sold the rights to CDPR and very vocal about it. Now he has an opportunity to make money so he happily agrees with whatever Netflix Jews tell him. He spouted pro diversity shit recently.

Holy kek they look more like the creatures Geralt kills

It's like 14th century Poland....of course hes black everyone was

>did they not even read the books?
Are you serious? The writers most likely didn't even play the games

This.