Why do people do this with side saddles?

I have a side saddle on mine and I find it really easy to reload with all of them primer facing the ground, whats the point in doing it both ways?

Attached: 20190702_174219.jpg (223x118, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/O62TAcfguy0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aesthetics or redneck logic is that it's easier to top grab closer ones and bottom grab the ones further away.

the orientation in the OP photo seems backwards to me. also, it really depends on the user. some keep the furthest forward shell with the brass on top for ejection port loads over the top. or you can keep them all brass down and load the ejection port from underneath
i think its a personal preference sort of thing. but i think side saddle are kind of slow anyways albeit still a good way to carry extra shells.

Attached: the-way-of-the-gun-1.jpg (1031x583, 66K)

youtu.be/O62TAcfguy0

Attached: 4dea21be5ca0be3fd9f.jpg (365x516, 34K)

I do it because the ones face down are #4 buck and the ones facing up are slugs. I can see the exposed slug facing up that way.

Are you loading with your left hand or right hand?
Shame on you for not practicing with both hands.
Those who don’t study history are doomed to repeat it.

Pump action shorty it’s because top are bucks, bottom are slugs. Cheap maverick 88 with 18.25inch barrel is my woods gun for camping.
My old double barrel I do this because farthest away up are slugs middle is buck back are birdshot.
The old coach gun is for hunting and fishing.

Same reason my ar15 mags have different textures/colors for what is loaded in em. Lancer mags 200gr subs. Pmags are 115gr Leighs and go mags are cheap Hornady

i keep low recoil up and magnum down.

the ones brass up are for chamber loading, the ones brass down are for topping up the tube.

I orient based on shot type. Red are buckshot and brass down is fast to tube load. Blue are federal 1oz slugs.

Attached: IMG_20190620_203817.jpg (1729x1297, 754K)

or slugs up and shot down

This.
Once you're injured you may need to shift to off-hand.

why do you need slugs for HD?

i have a lot of insured goods in my home, it's like printing money in minecraft

That's one of those nasty century prison 870s isn't it. Love it!

This

Retarded larping. If one hand is injured so much that you have to switch because you can't pull the trigger, you certainly aren't going to be able to support the the rifle with it. If one hand/arm is injured you should sling your long gun and draw your pistol.

Attached: 1555612426548.jpg (1080x1080, 253K)

What kind of shotgun should I get for my first purchase? Budget is $700 kind of want a supernova for memes.

>30 minutes

Could you give me the cliffsnotes, stupid frogposter?

Hey someone else does it for the same reason I do.

top facing brass for over the top chamber loading
bottom facing bras for going under to feed the magazine

simples

Lookup the miami-dade shootout

590A1. also you can get this info from the ever helpful google

>base your training around events that are least likely to happen

no one cares that you watched all of paul harrells videos

For a hunting shotgun it makes sense as it isn't uncommon to carry multiple different loads because you can potentially be hunting for multiple different game or due to being innawoods need a couple extra rounds for hunting, and a couple slugs for bear. On a tactical shotgun and for competition shooting it is retarded to run your shells in different direction because you need to maximize your muscle memory. Alternating the direction is slower and less consistent especially under stress.

Mossberg, pre-2007 Remington, Ithaca, Beretta, Benelli, Browning...
No shortage of good options, my dude. Even the Chinese 870 clones are on fucking point. Hard to fuck up a pump shotgun.

to identify different loads without looking.
ex:
>> slugs for distance
>> 00 Buck for close range

Because they're copying what they've seen people with hunting shotguns do, not realising why they do it:

If you're shotgun hunting in the woods you might load your gun with slug buckshot slug or slug slug buck.

Changing directions can help keep you keep organized and keep slugs from your SSGs or buck, or just differentiate between your fastest slugs

nope