QTDDTOT

Can you shoot 5.56 though a 5.45 rifle? Might sound stupid but I have looked everywhere and can’t find a straight answer and remember reading something about using enemy ammunition in Soviet doctrine

Attached: 7A892175-0BA2-4570-B4E4-EEA17AE186D8.jpg (800x600, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.miamigunsinc.com/lower-receivers/lower-receivers/anderson-lower-ar-15-stripped-receiver-556-nato-closedgd2k067b0000p
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-rifle-kit.html
youtu.be/Z4Il7oupVKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only one way to really find out OP

Op is gunna visit allah

Attached: aMZBJK5.jpg (1059x1101, 169K)

I doubt it would chamber. The shoulder on 5.45 is much further back than 5.56.

Won't work. Casing is different. Can't even interchange the bullet because they are different diameters. 5.56 is .223 and 5.45 is .220 I think

>cun u shoot 308 ut of 303?

Attached: 30grof.jpg (1699x1920, 231K)

Hey so what do you guys think the future of top-of-the-line armor will be? Not counting for how expensive it would be, but simply what armor can we make with our current technology? Who would be a good man to buy this sort of stuff from, parts separated?

ceramic-plastic hybrid armors.

How flexible do you think it is? Modern warfare involves a lot of weird maneuvering nowadays

Not at all. Functionally it will be the same as a current ceramic plate, just lighter and cheaper. These sorts of plates exist already, and seem to work well, but from what I know none have went through the NIJ certification process yet.

Yeah, you can also shoot 300 blackout out of a 5.56 AR. Go try it and post your groupings.

How many hits do they usually take? I know you're not supposed to re-use armor that's been hit, but I'm curious.

Has anyone gotten something from Bear Creek Arsenal in the mail? I'd like to ship an upper to my work and pick it up there instead of leaving it out for package jews but I don't want to get a box covered in guns and have to explain what I'm doing

Whats are some PSA-tier choices for either a build kit or barreled upper assembly for a 12-15 in AR pistol. PSA only seems to have 10.5 in and >16. I would prefer one with an A2 style hand hand guard and front sight

Attached: D795E4F1-5159-4B1F-AB03-B839F885B83C.jpg (959x1024, 138K)

It definitely seems like a very bad idea.

Compare cartridge drawings. Look at the case length to the shoulder on each of them.

5.56 is too long and has a shoulder too far forward to chamber in 5.45.

Does anyone know what the bolt of an Ithaca 37 locks into when the slide goes forward? Does it lock into a barrel extension, or are there slots in the receiver for it, or...?

I ask because I think the Ithaca 37 might serve as a basis for a bullpup defensive shotgun that works better than a certain much-publicized design recently released.

yeah you need to find one of those century AK74s where they used 5.56 barrels

Yes, they shipped my upper in a box that literally says "BEAR CREEK ARSENAL COMPLETE UPPER RECIEVER," In giant print on the box. i was pretty shocked to find it sitting next to my front door with that shit facing the road

If you call them they would probably accommodate a discreet packaging request though

They shortened the barrels from the chamber end on those so that commercial steelcase 5.45 kinda-sorta fits the shortened chamber. The bolt won't close on 5.56mm in the converted barrels.

...the converted barrels are still .003" to .004" oversize for 5.45, of course, and the rifling twist is 1:9" which won't stabilize milsurp 5N7 boolets.

Normies don't know what "upper receiver" means. You're giving them too much credit. Don't anthropomorphize them.

I've forgotten the name of that one belgian semi-auto that was built to reflect the aesthetics of a revolver. I think it was belgian. What was it called again?

No, but they sure do understand what an arsenal is. I certainly wouldn't get something like that delivered to my work

I just got one of these packs, and it still has the last guys name stamped on it in some sort of military black semi transparent ink. Is there any good way to remove it without ruining the camo pattern?

Attached: SDS-Military-Large-Field-Pack-W-Internal-Frame.jpg (1599x1200, 257K)

I'm pretty sure it locks into the receiver.

can you shoot a .38 super round through a 7.62x25 compensator

Attached: s-l500 (2).jpg (400x381, 10K)

What is that website that has the camo track suits?

also does that replicant special guy have a website?

If I'm sending my gun to a gunsmith for work via mail, do I need to send it through an FFL ?

Mauser 98, local place is selling for $400 cash. Reich symbols, good rifling. Year is 1941. It does have a sporterized stock though. Is this still a good deal?

Attached: 988888.jpg (522x235, 14K)

I would clean your table first

Not my picture man

Is motor oil a good alternative to gun lube?

Looks like a sportierised version of a Mauser. $400 is alittle high considering its been modified. But then again any German symbols on firearms is pretty cool, and collectable

Can a gunsmith install pillars on any bolt action?

Does Savage carry replacement iron sights for their Model 10s?

What is the most accurate, and inexpensive factory .308 Winchester rounds?

Lube? Yes but not as good as Red ‘n Tacky grease which won’t wear off. But neither clean like a CLP or Rem Oil.

For the reloaders here:

I have a 300 win mag rifle. Can I use a heavily reduced load charge to get the round down to say, 2550-2600fps instead of the normal range of 2700 to 3000 fps? I'm thinking of using the max load data of varget (say 42 grains) for a 308 winchester case, 180 grain ttsx bullet, and shove it into a 300 winmag case using the same 180grain ttsx bullet.

Is this a bad idea?

I'd like to use a velocity that's a bit slower so the bullet has a chance to expand when it goes in the deer.

Attached: can_I_use_this.png (442x353, 99K)

No

I'm going shooting sometime in the next few days. I'm not totally new but still pretty new to this as a whole.
How do I test my skills at the range in a positive way that helps me improve and not just shoot holes in paper randomly?

Try Aero Precision or for a bump in price/rep to the next tier, BCM. I am a fan of the A2 front sight tower. You can also search for “Mk18” clones.

how do i gunpill my boyfriend, he's too busy being a pansy ass faggot and he's too scared to go to the range. He's not anti gun, just a pussy.

1. stop being a faggot homo
2. thats it

Buy it, buy a surplus German stock and bring bang boom, rifle is gesungheit again and you'll be able to flip it in the future if you really wanted to, though you shouldn't because it'd be a cool piece. Did they rebarrel/rechamber it?

Leave him date me I’m cool and natsoc plus I’ve killed a buck with nothing but a 4” blade so I’m not a pussy not manlet

Nor a manlet*

>imagine thinking there are girls on this board
lmao find him on grindr

There actually are I knew one but somehow fucked it up

>

Attached: this is you.jpg (1242x532, 67K)

I want to fingerfuck a Sig p320 Xcompact before I buy one. I called around to the local ranges, but nobody has one because fuck 'em.

Now I'm at the point where I could start upgrading my M4, and finally get a real stock and furniture for my (bubba'd when I bought it but for a great price) WASR, but I'd really like to get my hands on a real carry pistol first.

So, I guess, which should I prioritize?

Ok thanks for letting me know. I called, they don't do discreet packaging so I had the address changed to my apartment and a buddy is gonna grab it as soon as it arrives.

Absolutely not. Its not "just a small difference in diameter". Every single dimension of the bullet and the brass case is different. You wouldn't be able to even chamber the round. Same for vice versa, all dimensions are different.

Attached: 258c0d20580b9be9e2ef1fbe82422481[1].jpg (800x533, 84K)

Anything ceramic should be replaced as soon as possible after getting shot at or even if you take a nasty trip and end up cracking the plate.

Probably not as you aren't transferring ownership of the firearm, but nobody's legal advice here should be taken seriously.
New firearms before everyone starts panic buying shit for 2020.

No, but you can shoot .22's from a 20mm. You just need to launch them with the 20mm

What kind of bcg do i need to use a coat hanger LL in minecraft?

Attached: D9F4129F-34D2-4BDC-8F9A-F14931DF3D67.jpg (1024x768, 103K)

M16 cut for minecraft.

*Gesundheit

the old colt one

Attached: aaaybreh.png (550x550, 535K)

>natsoc
>thirsty lad pining for the attention of someone who isn't even a woman on Jow Forums of all places
Disappointed, but not surprised.

Trips of truth. Is it advisable to mine out a M16 one for use against creepers?

Is there a trick to semi buckhorn sights? I cannot hit shit with my .30-30, I'm seriously getting like 9 + inch groups at 50 yards. I'm not this terrible with other rifles and just want to cowboy larp.

I think the front sight is supposed to go into the notch at the bottom center of the rear sight. I hate them too.

I legit do know a guy that fired 8mm Mauser in an Arisaka. Didn't do shit, I couldn't believe it. The rifle was most def chambered in 7.7mm Arisaka.

Arisakas have retard strong actions though, they're one of the only exceptions to the rule.

They're not so much an "exception to the rule" as a "he got lucky and didn't end up with the bolt sticking out the back of his skull. ONCE."

If you've ever read Hatcher's Notebooks you see where he investigated claims that men accidentally loaded 8x57 Mauser on stripper clips into 03 Springfield rifles in .30/06 and blew themselves up. His investigation revealed:

8x57 Mauser will NOT fit into a .30/06 chamber, no way, no how, no matter how you pound on the bolt handle with a hammer

If you alter the chamber significantly with a reamer to the point where the 8x57mm cartridge will fit, you can fire it. The .323" diameter bullet hits the chamber throat and squishes down to .308" and the rifle did not blow up when he tried it personally, though the primers were pretty flat

What's the deal with US made AK barrels?
There's prebarreled kits on Atlantic with US barrels

Attached: 1549051000775.jpg (1024x693, 237K)

Some are better than others. Early ones were dimensionally pretty far off. There were "5.45mm" barrels converted from 5.56 barrels, for example, that ended up in a bunch of Century rifles, that just won't stabilize 5.45mm ammo. They're also carbon steel with no chrome or nitride lining, so you now see lots of used Century Tantals and Bulgy "M74 Sporters" that look wonderful on the outside but have zero rifling and a muzzle brake that's rust-welded in place.

Chrome lining is best, nitride is acceptable. If you aren't worried about corrosive ammo, it still resists wear better and the additional surface lubricity helps with extraction when the gun is hot and dirty.

Can anons help direct me to a video I been looking for
>foreign video
>innamountains or some kind of clearing
>dude imported a batch of rifles or shotguns
>test fires, just about all of them are duds
>he's getting progressively more pissed off with each failure of a long gun

Where can i learn to assemble an ak parts kit ??

The internet.

Didn't the monkeys over a century but 5.56 diameter barrels on 5.45 AKs? I remember lots of reports of key-holing, but no grenades.

Yeah, in 2011 I specifically bought an Interarms Tantal despite it being parkerized a dull grey (ew) because my friends Century Tantal keyholed like fucking crazy at 20ft.

That Interarms Tantal was a beast, despite looking like shit. I absolutely tortured that thing and it never once asked for me to stop. I shouldn't have solt it but Sandy Hook prices gave me a 1,000% profit off some dumb rich guy.

One of the only pics I have of it.

Attached: IMG_1563.jpg (2816x2112, 2.18M)

Is there any evidence that chinese got their hand on stinger after or during the soviet afghan war?
I read some fanfiction and i was curious if it were plausible...

Attached: 54564kjgjkgjkhg.jpg (295x171, 11K)

Anything listed as a "full auto" bolt. M&P 15s and shit use semi auto bolts. Just because it's called full auto doesn't make it full auto, just give it the ability to go full auto with the proper Minecraft mods installed.

the server admins will absolutely flip their shit if they find out, might not be a great idea to talk about it on a public forum esp. one they watch like this one.

Browning Model 10

Itll fit but itll bounce around like a crack head and fuck something up for sure.

Would this:
store.miamigunsinc.com/lower-receivers/lower-receivers/anderson-lower-ar-15-stripped-receiver-556-nato-closedgd2k067b0000p

Work with this:
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-rifle-kit.html

4" steel targets, splat paper, and personally I like to set beer bottles out at 100yds to test a new rifle.
Other than that kinda stuff it's all form form form, practice it right and you'll be good. And you will never be perfectly still for more than a fraction of a second, just the way it is, but you for best results; lean forward but not hunched over, feet square with the shoulders and lead with the opposite foot of your dominant hand, breath out completely and hold your breath, that second where you're on point and holding your breath is when you want to squeeze the trigger. Accept you're gonna miss, dont let it discourage you and keep trying, practice makes perfect.
Also, shoot with both eyes open, its easier to shoot with only your dominant eye at first, but you'll get uses to it and get a better sight picture overall. Most importantly just have fun dude

Does anyone know a good folding brace for an Uzi pistol? I was looking at the SB tactical fs1913, but it seems that it's not that durable.

I don't know about evidence, but it seems plausible.

Stinger is 35 year old technology. The Chinese produce man-portable SAMs that are, on paper, just as good today. I say "on paper" because everything made in China is shit.

I tried finding it because I remember the video. They were bullpup 12 shotguns. Turkish I think. He kept saying "Stucked bolt" couldnt find it tho

Dragon skin armor was next gen, but the Army bankrupted them because they didn't want to pay for it.

Everything China does is just US technology painted black.

I'm positive it got wiped off youtube now for whatever reason but I was hoping that it exists somewhere else

Yes but now they already know you have it so might as well buy a normal lower and save the time

Posted this to /arg/ but I wan't to see non-gearqueer opinions too:

I just got in a 2.5x scope that when mounted leaves enough room behind it to mount, but not flip-up, a BUIS. When mounted in front of the scope I can still use the fixed front sight and the rear flip sight albeit a they are fuzzy. The kicker is I have to mount the rear flip sight backwards for this to work. The current mount for the scope isn't a quick detach design and needs a wrench to get on or off. How would you mount the rear BUIS?

Smart thinking. Thank you much.

The "BU" in "BUIS" is for "backup." They are there so that if something goes wrong with the optic, you're still in the fight.

I would mount the BUIS normally at both ends and put the scope in QD rings or a QD cantilever mount so that if something goes wrong with it, you can ditch it and use the BUIS.

youtu.be/Z4Il7oupVKA

Found it, it's still up.

What's the cheapest useable spotting scope? I was eyeing up the Barska Colorado. I want to be able to see shots on my target out to 100 yards, doesn't have to be perfect.

Where does Ukraine get it's arms?
If they weren't in a conflict with Russia would we be able to get our hands on Ukrainian imports?

Ukraine is where most of the old USSR's arms and munitions plants were--everything from small arms to solid rocket engines.

From time to time Ukrainian ammo shows up in the US. Usually it is commercial steelcase 7.62x39mm, not terribly different from the Russian stuff.

The one at Walmart.

He said "usable."

Its smaller, but has a fatter ass. It will look like it goes in but wont fully chamber.

I don't know shit about materials.
Which is hotter, or would burn more/worse: a spent brass case or a spent steel case?