Looking to purchase my first rifle

Can anyone give me recommendations for a long rifle? I haven't shot since I took a hunters safety course when I was 12, but I'm starting to take an interest again. I'm thinking about an AR-15 style, but I understand that there are many different kinds out there.

Attached: 2-bcm650-111.jpg (300x300, 9K)

Welcome to the club, user. Now, get off Jow Forums, go to YouTube or Wikipedia and look up specific data an what you want.

Things to consider:
How cheap/easy is mags and ammo to find for my gat?
Does my gat have after market parts available that aren't shit?
Is my gat reliable enough for use if I need it for a scuffle shuffle?
Has my gat been known to have severe failures that result in unintended plastic surgery? (C39, RAS47, Hellpup, literally any AK made and not imported by Century Arms and I.O)

And yes, there is more than the AR15. AK's are good, but I'm biased so what do I know.

Attached: 1536864617171.jpg (640x800, 99K)

For a first gun? Get a wasr if you like the look of aks. Get a psa ar15 if that's the style you want. ARs and AKs are the most popular guns for a reason. As to which you should get? The cartridges are completely different, fast small projectile that's better at range or larger more powerful bullet with more drop.

What do you want to do with it? Any interest in hunting? What kind of guns seem cool to you? Are you like me and played too much stalker?

>AR15 style
PSA is a confirmed good brand to start with now. Can't go wrong with one. Wait for a sale though. Actually, now is probably the best time to buy a PSA because it's 4th of July. You can get it REALLY cheap via upper/upper kit + lower and build yourself.

If you want something that's higher quality, you can't go wrong with Aero, BCM, Spikes, or LMT.

>If you want something more interesting
Keltec RDBs are apparently pretty decent. They're the only Bullpup you can get at the $700 price range.

WASR 10. The only thing you should know about AKs if you don't know anything is to get a WASR 10. RH-10s are apparently great too. (Made in same factory).

A Good AR that's not an AR is the BRN180. I'll be getting one soon. I've heard basically all good things about it. It's essentially a modernized AR180 that can fit on an AR15 lower. Likewise, it allows for the use of folding stocks as the action is self contained. I would look into it if I were you. You could have an interesting, reliable rifle that can take stanags for about $800-900.

Attached: 1562044899591.jpg (1024x702, 117K)

M&P 15. Why are anons recommending to build one when the basics are not even taught?

>why are anons recommending to build one

t. no guns

Nigga my dumbass was able to put together an AR15 lower at the ripe age of 16. I'm quite certain the OP is equally or more so capable of buying a completed upper and putting together the lower. Not only is it more affordable, but it TEACHES YOU HOW GUN WORK. Go be retarded elsewhere, noguns.

Attached: 1561144246412.jpg (236x235, 10K)

What do you want to use it for? That's sort.of a big deal in determining what you get

Yeah, if I knew that I could probably help more

WASR 10s were build for 10 round magazines. They had to be nigger rigged later to accept larger double stack mags and have the ramp widened to accept bullets from both sides of that larger mag

If you have a shitty nigger rigged one you can run into jams etc. You can get it nigger rigged better at a repair shop or yourself. Or just grease the damn thing and it'll work past the problems

Is it 2009 again? Please buy a bunch of 7.62 and PSLs for us in the future.
The only thing Century ever managed to eventually get right was uncucking WASRs. You shouldnt find bad ones anymore except secondhand.

Well, you can go for an AR like everyone will inevitably suggest (this is k after all) but don't feel compelled to get what everyone else has if you want something different. You may end up being more into something with more character

this, never even heard of that problem so

Try not being of legal purchasing age since last year

Get a PSA PA-15 16"

I'm not op

AR-15 is little baby gun that shoots baby bullet. Get AR-10

You didnt build your first gun you larping jackass..

Attached: 1551745179949.png (600x753, 546K)

Not him, but I did.

I did. M16A4 clone. Still have it. Go build yourself an AR, noguns.

What state do you live in?
Free state?
Ruger.
Ruger MPR or 556
Optic?
Vortex

S&W M&P15, ruger AR556, PSA AR15 (not the freedom line).

These are all good guns that will last you a lifetime and you can depend on for hunting, SHTF or Home Defense.

>I did. M16A4 clone. Still have it

post it

M4 for life. Everyone should own an M4A1.

Mini-14 for hipster and fudd points

please leave underage

Attached: indeed.jpg (960x720, 271K)

Take your bendy bitch rails somewhere else.