Tell me about the Glock 19, why is it so popular?

Attached: 40607-DEFAULT-l.jpg (1350x900, 121K)

It's cheap, it works, it's got aftermarket. Try using the QTDDTOT next time.

>$500
>cheap

500 dollars is pretty middle-of-the-road for handguns, user.

That's very fucking cheap since most T models are pushing the $1k mark these days.

$350 M&P 2.0's are a thing now

where do you think you are? its an expensive hobby and people spend $500+ on a gun more often than they spend less

Wow, a whole $150 is the difference between cheap and astronomically expensive you'll never own one to you?

And?
You can get 150$ HiPoints. Doesn't change that 500 is pretty average. It's not hard to find models that go for 3+k USD.
If you think guns are too expensive, try golf.

$500 isn't cheap. It's affordable.

Glocks don't turn me on that much but there are mags, parts, and accessories everywhere, they're relaible, and they're very simple to use. They're tools.

Selling badillions of them to police agencies around the world for decades made them ubiquitous.

$500 really isn't that much and you can get them for far less than that.

But Glocks are already the norm. It's a household name, even with people who know nothing about guns. Sure they've heard of S&W, but not their M&P line. Shame because the 2.0 is better in literally every way.

Because the average man has medium-sized hands, and it fits them well.
For the rest of us, the grip is too long for two fingers and too short for three.

Did they fix the hydrolocking problem on the 2.0?

I believe they fixed it on their original line before the 2.0 even came out, but I could be wrong. I know that in MACs gauntlet test, it had no issues with the water.

Good to hear.
They've come a long way since the Sigma days.
Though, truth be told, I might get a PPQ or a Steyr L9 instead.

It's a modern day cowboy handgun.
Great for point shooting because of its Glock safe action trigger.

They’re as ubiquitous as the AR/M4/M16 in America in modern times.

Simple, reliable, affordable.

I’d bet dollar for dollar that most younger shooters these days have all fired at least one glock in their life.

To each their own. Im sure they're all respectable choices. I personally hate the way Glocks feel in my hand, despite many of the positives they have, so at least we have options.

>The gun is cheap
>The ammo is cheap
>Women's caliber is easy to shoot
>Pros use it, so it must be good

They're still hurt by how shitty the original M&Ps were, plus that retarded grip texture that makes them unsuitable for carry.

More options is always a good thing, yeah.

Not the good ones.

you're a big iron

t. Baby skin
Nothing wrong with the grip texture for carrying

Attached: IMG_20190703_115738.jpg (4032x3024, 3.77M)

>m4
>m16
>affordable
user I...

AR’s are cheap as hell right now. If it wasn’t for gun laws so would m4’s and m16s

It's not like it's particularly hard or expensive to make a semi-auto AR-15 in M4 or M16 configuration. Hell, getting one of the FA BCG's in semi-auto guns is commonplace because the difference in weight can be beneficial.

Cheap, easily serviced, OEM and aftermarket parts widely available, simple, lightweight, decent trigger, simple, can't stress that enough, when you're teaching idiots about guns a DA/SA pull and any kind of safety is probably too much for them to remember

ubiquitous used market and aftermarket, generally requires minimal maintenance and repair, even a retard can use one, entrenched marketing makes sure retards actually do buy them and at incredibly inflated civilian costs.

>why is it so popular?
They're common, have the largest aftermarket of any modern service pistol and people like to use what cops and soldiers use. I think that about covers it. As far as actual features or performance goes they're not even close to the best option out there.

What does this mean? I got a lightly used gen 4 for $350, but now I'm sure you'll say that it isn't a good one

In the 80s, the Glock company had an incredibly aggressive campaign to push these on police, taking advantage of stuff like the Miami shootout to convince police that they needed more firepower (to be fair, most companies were), and Glock went the extra mile by offering to buy out a lot of existing stock as part of the sale.

So someone is offering your department, which at this time is basically using S&W Model 10s and a few other revolvers in .38 special, a 9mm pistol with almost 3x as much ammo in a g17, and they'll take a big hit on the price just to get you to use it.

Imagine if Ford offered you a $20,000 rebate regardless of your car's condition if you gave it to them in exchange for a NEW Ford Fusion, and the salesman would personally deliver it to your door and show you every feature. At some point, you wouldn't wonder why half the new cars on the road are Ford Fusions.

And that's basically how Glock came to dominate LEO sales. Then the G19 happened, which was just small enough that it was more easy to carry, in an era where the CC movement started to grow beyond snub revolvers and other small pocket pistols. They happened to come at the right time with the right product. Ironically, Glock was BEHIND with the single-stack 9 market, meaning the S&W Shield solidly beat them to the punch. Had the G43 come out first, I'm not sure what would have changed, but the Shield is still a top selling 9mm single stack pocket pistol.

Yup. 100%.
After broad adoption by police, they would sell the same guns at 300% what the cops were paying to everyone else. Same shit SIG does.
Whether it leaves a bad taste in your mouth or not, it is most definitely an effective business plan. The problem is that companies like this often get full of themselves. The company culture becomes one of ass-kissers and yes-men. If someone high up in the company has a bad idea, you roll with it. Colt is a fantastic example of this. As the culture within the company shifts, products get worse (either in design, engineering, manufacturing or a combination thereof), leading them to lose their government contracts and then they have to scramble together something and just spiral out of control. Then some other company buys them out and keeps selling garbage to John and Jane Public because of name brand recognition.
See: Springfield Armory, Remington...

>For the rest of us, the grip is too long for two fingers and too short for three

t. My 600-lb life subject

It’s just the right size to do a decent job at pretty much anything you’d need a pistol for. It and the m2.0 compact and FN509c are about as close as you can get to a jack of all trades pistol, but the Glock has a far better aftermarket and can also be a project gun if you really want

Not him, but things being too small for you sucks bigtime.
It's not as difficult these days, but when I was a kid, finding a pair of size 13 shoes was a fucking nightmare. I remember going to 8+ stores to find a single fucking pair that would fit properly. Same shit.
Look at how Hickok45 shoots most pistols... The trigger ends up being under his knuckle.

>$200 new
>compatible to Glock 19
>Spend the $300 I save on ammo, range time, etc.
>"But but $500 is cheap"
>"But but Taurus is junk DERP"

Stay butt blasted Glock fags

Attached: 90889_2.jpg (500x403, 33K)

comparable to Glock 19 meant to say.

I got one because it's small enough to conceal but it aaalllllmost has a full size feel to it, which I shoot way better than small guns like my shield.
30+1 rounds in just 2 mags is a plus.
That's really it for me.
I can get a better grip purchase and control it better and shoot better than with my shield.
It's also been reliable and I've had no failures to feed, fire, cycle, or eject.

Yeah have fun with that kek

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

fucking kek this is so sad

Same reason McDonald's sells tons of bigmacs

/thread

Its more like the 26

Stay mad

Attached: 1456164963647-great_success.jpg (295x340, 24K)

I'm seething hahahahahah

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Nogunz detected
If you think $500 is expensive, just wait until you start buying ammo.

Taurus is unironically good. Taurus bad is a meme, and they sell an exceptional number of firearms. Defect percentages are comparable across the industry.

>NOOOOOOOOOO MY SKIIIIIIIIIN
based

Fairly proportional which is easy on the eyes. Unlike the needlessly phallic 17L or squat turd shaped 26

You are a huge faggot there is nothing wrong with 1.0 besides you being a nigger. I bet you are a hipoint man, aren't you Jamal ?

Pretty cheap for a full size gun.
Ive spent 2k on rifles before, ive spent 1k on pistols, 500 bucks is honestly the average for a pistol

Absolute retard. You can either buy a 150 dollar high point or a 1000 dollar Sig. One is cheap as dirt but will probably be shit and the other one is expensive but will be good. Or you can buy a 500 dollar gun that is guaranteed to work every time and is good enough for the average shooter while still being affordable. It's the golden middle.

>You are a huge faggot there is nothing wrong with 1.0 besides you being a nigger.
Actually a number of the 9mm models were plagued by accuracy issues that the M2.0 has since addressed. The .40s and .45s have always been great guns though.

The sauce?
My glock 19 didn't come with sauce. Did everyone else get sauce in there plastic glock box?

M&P's what?

I have a gen 4, they're popular for the reasons already stated. Durable, reliable, probably the best aftermarket of any gun on the market.

t. glock 19 gen 4 owner who has put 2500rds through his without a single failure, misfire, stovepipe, etc..

Glock is the firearm equivalent of Iphone. Sure you can arguably get better for cheaper but it's guaranteed to work every time

I still wouldn't have been able to recognize pic related as a glock if they didn't tell me.

Attached: JW2G34.jpg (1250x1118, 568K)

You are a huge faggot there is nothing wrong with 1.0 besides you being a nigger. I bet you are a hipoint man, aren't you Jamal ?

Take your receipt back to your lgs and say you want the glock sauce that was supposed to come with the gun, please record and post

If I wasn't a paranoid psycho who destroys any paper trail for every purchase; I might do that.
The LGS fudds already hate me because I interrupt their chit chat time to see various items in the display case that I'm interested in purchasing. So fuck it

Yeah, Boomers often give anyone younger than 30 more shit than they deserve. It's not like you're thinking of dropping bills or anything!

Is $500 a lot for you? You should strive for better employment than fast food you waste of fucking life

>cheap
>zero recoil so easy for newfags to use
>kino aesthetics

>Slowcooker
>Bigass batch of pork shoulder and similarly cheap cuts
>Separate servings
>Store in freezer

They are overpriced for what they are, I only own a G19 because of Blue Label. People should stop buying them until they drop they're prices as competitors offer so much more features for the price. A CZ P10c is under $400, with metal sights. A Glock 19 is only $400 with Blue Label pricing.

Attached: IMG_0065.jpg (480x600, 58K)

Im thinking I should just get a p10c due to the price, features, and compatiblity with g19 holsters.

I like the g19, but not the price, I can get a p10c with a holster for the same price as a g19.

I've never seen a Glock fail in a major way they are pretty damn reliable. Never think I've heard someone say "my Glock broke" that I can recall.

Beavertail FTW!

>They are overpriced for what they are,
This fucking phrase needs to be scrubbed from the vocabulary of every American. "hurr it costs more than it should" doesn't mean jack shit. It costs what the market will bear, end of story. What you really mean is "It's a boring tool and I prefer cheaper copies from other companies because they make me feel unique".

Attached: 112860198521.jpg (600x482, 33K)

Yeah but then you have an M&P 2.0. Does that line of thinking carry over to every part of your life? Do you wear the cheapest shoes you can find?

>M&P
kek no thanks

Attached: 6444834069413888.png.jpg (486x341, 42K)

>stand and grip both say "glock"

because people rap about it
and other people are followers and want what people rap about even though it is a POS

The M&P was designed to have a longer frame life than a comparable Glock. It has better ergonomics, and it's available with well designed thumb safety for the seemingly intelligent few who realize that carrying what is essentially a single action pistol without one is absolutely fucking retarded(cue Eric Bana meme).

Kek, deadbeats would call a Saturday night special a glock

Attached: 768aW1r.jpg (529x598, 36K)

Don't care.

The STATE of debt ridden american poorfags!

It’s the Honda Accord of pistols, common, not flashy, but very dependable and bang for the buck. I bought a like new used Gen 4 with upgraded trigger and Trijicon HD sights for $404. Deals to be had.

Attached: A25B06F1-942A-47B8-A61B-D7D5488E0DE0.jpg (1232x899, 197K)

"the glock 19 gets a B+ in every category, and an A+ in availability. consistent pretty good performance is what wins matches.
if you are perfect in one area and subpar in others, that's unacceptable."

- lead instructor at my local shooting school today

Glock fanboys out in full force today. Glock are expensive because they are popular and I simply said they aren't worth their price in materials.

Attached: 1541119496864.jpg (350x335, 27K)

>the product costs more than a hunk of metal and a hunk of plastic!!!
>I have no idea how value is added by labor, the post
Do you have any idea how many machining hours go into finishing a gun? There's probably $200 worth of materials, $260 worth of labor, and $20 profit in a $500 gun.
just gucking kys you fucking worthless retarded piece of shit.
I don't even like glocks, I just hate you.

>There's probably $200 worth of materials, $260 worth of labor, and $20 profit in a $500 gun.
Yikes. Entire cost on making a glock was less than 200$ about a decade back. If you're going to act like you know what you're talking about then try to at least do enough research to BS your way through an argument successfully.

>Deals to be had.
Used 9mm Glocks are really hard to find in my area. Everything is police trade .40's.

>if they didn't tell me.
not even the guy but are you a fucking retard? reading comprehension should be a requirement in school.

Engineering hours had to be recouped, however. Then there's the logistics of selling that many firearms and all the LE/MIL training and servicing that they subsidize through civ sales.

TELL ME ABOUT GLOCK

>$200 worth of materials
>$260 worth of labor
>$20 profit

Attached: 1539455626678.png (327x327, 152K)

user....

Attached: FB_IMG_1549465008494.jpg (960x781, 55K)

Many croissant eaters fear recoil and missing a dozen times. Pic related.

Attached: serveimage-12.jpg (1024x1024, 121K)

have you tried not being poor? its great, i recommend it to everyone

Girly hands too small for godsglock
The 17

Attached: diGKS8v.jpg (480x640, 71K)

The 19 is a great gun, and it fits my hand like a glove, but I just like the 17 better.

Attached: 1478220883802.jpg (620x413, 25K)

police trade-ins on top gun for less than $400

None in my experience but it's happened. I wouldn't be surprised if it was double powered reloads or something. I'll still trust any Glock.

Attached: a771e580adfb81bad39b2bbc3a4e15f5-1.jpg (564x564, 50K)

Why should the concept of value assessment be scrubbed from the mind of every American? Their statement implies that people are paying extra to feel unique rather than paying extra for any tangible value.

t. carried a g19 for the last 8 years

Not true at all, I thought during the pistol trial glock said it cost them around $300 or so to make total, and their .mil price was going to be like $350 each

>The M&P was designed to have a longer frame life than a comparable Glock.

Glocks have an effectively infinite frame life so mission failed.

>It has better ergonomics

It has significantly worse ergonomics because of the grip texture

>and it's available with well designed thumb safety

No such thing as a well designed thumb safety. It's a crutch for people with poor or nonexistent safety training.

>for the seemingly intelligent few who realize that carrying what is essentially a single action pistol without one is absolutely fucking retarded(cue Eric Bana meme).

You dont know the difference between single and double action, no surprise.

The M&P 1 and 2 are poorly thought out glock clones with prices and market shares which reflect that.