Why is a Military parade such a big deal now?

Why is a Military parade such a big deal now?
They're having to reassure DC residents so they don't shit themselves

Attached: D-kiV-NXsAcpmBf.jpg (800x533, 88K)

Nationalism freaks ((((them)))) out.

is this actually happening or what? also its because everyone is full of onions and are neurotic and weak hearted.

>first parade a big extravagant event full of shit
>boo too much tax payer money!
>second parade a few AFVs
>boo not patriotic enough and too much tax payer money!

they're using tanks this time

imo i think they're kind of tasteless and usually reserved for manlet countries that need to peacock. our navy is on parade every day of the year so i don't see why we need to drive around our DU-covered tanks in populated areas.

It upsets me we are doing military parades now. I use to make fun of other cunts for doing it, feeling the need to flaunt their power to their subje--err I mean citizens.

whats the point of driving all of our outdated equipment through the streets? also with all the tension and bullshit its just asking for some kind of incident to take place

I like the idea. It’s a small amount of my tax dollars, and it infuriates most of the people I don’t like. So fuck you we do what we want

maybe that's the goal

Because 1) a third of the people in this country aren’t Americans, but gibberish emitting turd worlders who frighten at examples of modern tech such as tanks, planes, and anything electric
2) more than half of the people in this country are batshit crazy liberals muttering to themselves about the wires in the walls monitoring them, and will fly into spittle-flecked rage at even the mention of an American flag let alone a street lined with them

>The left thinks it's an oppressive waste of money and there isn't enough diversity
>The right whines loudly in their basements their freedums are threatened
>REEEEEE

They should just stop doing them all together and focus on beating people to death so people stop complaining.

>The right whines loudly in their basements their freedums are threatened
this is not happening
they're for the parade simply because it's pissing off the left so much

You have to go back.

I don't like this. the US military should present itself as professional yet courteous and silent. doing this shit seems kind of narcissistic and full of it. the military should only parade its power during wartime against the enemy. it just seems really out of character.

This. Only air shows are exempt because they're fast and sleek and graceful. Tanks and shit are garish.

Because it's cool and fun.

it happened a lot before 1965
wonder what changed

Kek, this

it isn't. it's a big media / left thing based on exaggerations. JFK had no trouble doing tank parades.

What's even the point though? Aren't you tired?

>the US military should present itself as professional yet courteous and silent.
this was never the case until modern times where the concept of America as a nation state has eroded to basically nothing

Attached: WWI Military parade.jpg (1100x756, 201K)

this. the pure existence of the military should be enough of a flex instead of parading out intentionally "look at me, im the best and I know it" kind of shit. it just seems like the kind of baby bullshit youd expect from this administration

>"C-caesar why are you crossing the Rubicon?"
>"Don't worry Pompey. It's just going to be a really sweet Triumph."

>the US military should present itself as subservient cucks

Fixed for what you really meant.

>Why is a Military parade such a big deal now?
The only countries that do it are those with a weak social fabric that need something as cheap as big-dick bravado to rally around. Typically when you hate your government and countrymen, one retreat is mindless jingoism. See: Russia.

It's also a sign that you have something to prove. The US military has nothing else to prove. It answers every question, every day, in every deployment.

Attached: Troops.jpg (1200x800, 167K)

you wouldn't understand since you aren't american

>those with a weak social fabric
bruh....

Tired of what? I just think I’d like to see a military parade on the 4th. It’s a very special day

Or instead of thinking liking a faggot liberal, you could look at it like a free exhibition of cool military shit and positive public relations for the military by putting friendly soldiers in the public instead of the kike media portraying them as robotic assasins

>it just seems like the kind of baby bullshit youd expect from this administration
Masquerading as one of us

They're for countries that are insecure about their military strength. That and they fucking suck compared to things like airshows and fleet week.

How much you guys wanna bet we'll hear "THIS IS WHAT THE NAZIS DID!!!" from CNN and the like?

Attached: 1560514104920.gif (236x250, 1.47M)

>tanks
>garish
You get the fuck out you slack jawed faggot

do we know whether there will be helicopters and jets at the parade?

>the military should only parade its power during wartime against the enemy
We are in wartimes friend, and the enemy is watching.

Unless you mean we should only parade in enemy territories in which case you obviously haven't been paying attention to the evolution of asymmetric warfare in the last 50 years, you'd be asking entire armor columns to get scrapped by retarded concentrating them in a bottle-necked killing field.

They’re fine as long as you have the biggest military on the planet. Which we do. We can do whatever we want with it. I think we will parade it around a little tomorrow.

They said there'd be jets

Nothing because that’s the #1 excuse these days

USA USA USA

Attached: 9AA44B93-6973-4B1C-8932-F130E71CDA1E.jpg (275x183, 10K)

>The only countries that do it are those with a weak social fabric that need something as cheap as big-dick bravado to rally around. Typically when you hate your government and countrymen, one retreat is mindless jingoism.

Extremely accurate description of modern America desu.

Attached: america in a nutshell.jpg (576x768, 46K)

>The only countries that do it are those with a weak social fabric that need something as cheap as big-dick bravado to rally around.
sounds perfect for the absolute state of modern weimar-america

Reminder that if you pay property taxes there’s a large chance your tax dollars will be spent on a ton of fireworks for tommorow.

>bottom left corner
We exist to serve our Anglo masters

Its a waste of time and boring, if you've got the biggest military on the planet you're better off doing expositions that are actually interesting. I got a tour of the USS America and Cole during fleet week and it was great, a much better use of equipment than what is essentially military themed traffic. I'd rather see Abrams and Humvee's running demonstration courses than just tepidly crawling up main street.

Has anyone explained why this particular parade is "Nationalism" but the hundreds of other parades we had this year aren't?

>it’s boring
Thousands of families will attend and have a great time. Local businesses will get a large bump in sales. Have you never been to a parade before?

A few years ago I went to an airshow where they had an Abrams on static display. Getting to walk around them, chat with the crew, see the different ammo types. It was a chance to see something a lot of the public typically doesn't or even what those interested in military tech rarely get close to.
But TWO M1s on display on the National Mall, wow, such a huge display of militarism and showboating on the level of the Soviet Union or North Korea. I weep for what this nation has become...

Attached: DSC01252.jpg (2048x1536, 1.36M)

mostly because trump wants it, and trump wants it because his cult following wants it.

Orange Man Bad!

People are far less likely to go out to Bumfucknowhere Bomb Range to watch tanks shoot shit than they are to go to Main Street and watch a parade.

it's a massive waste of money

what happens if Antifa tries to pull a Tienanmen square on the tank column?

I don't think so, but if it were, a military parade isn't going to really change anybody's mind. This sort of bullshit is ultimately just treading the water of national opinion. In fact, it could make things worse. The money would be better spent on repaving roads, for all a parade would do.

Pretty much every other country in the world has military parades.

>vote democrat, third party, or don’t vote

Oh man, a couple million more on top of the trillions in debt we rack up every year is such a huge burden.

I have, and it doesn't make military parades any less boring. Fleet Week is also a boon to local business, and it doesn't suck.

>it's ok when my guy wants to waste money for his ego

what i said wasn't even political, its the truth. everything trump does he does to appease his fans

It costs next to nothing.
They get arrested

BECAUAE DRUMPF IS RACIS YUO FUKCING PIG

french here, you guys only parade a few AFV ? we just take everything in sight to everyone, but keep it in small size to represent the regiments and the vehicles used

>he’d rather waste money on other stupid shit

DC residents freak when the police roll by, can you imagine the craze if they saw military ? It would be like rats jumping from the ship.

>the absolut state of public education

Money that isn't spent, is spent by the other guys. Welcome to democracy nigga

Can confirm
I'm in DC and they closed off some roads last night to move some Bradley's in

I'll be watching the event

The tons of cops already present and on parade security detail arrest them without issue because antifa are frail vegans

>everything trump does he does to appease his fans
>The president wants to appease the American people!

Lincoln would be proud

this is such europoor thinking

we can and should flex at any and all times we choose

it's literally 2 M1s and 2 Bradleys. big wew.

what if I'm not American but strongly support the parade because tanks are fucking cool

Imagine the sperging had Obama wanted a parade

This is the most likely conclusion.

Unless they're some shithole, they really don't.
They have things like flybys for special occasions, and you have the occasional meet-n-greets with soldiers or a docked boat. First-World, developed, free democracies don't roll AFVs and tanks down Main St.

No, but they could go watch MBTs go over obstacle courses and really open up at a local fair grounds or watch an air show, and then as side attractions you could see and handle some equipment up close. Then again you could also just have them crawl up main street.

It's true that parades are mostly pointless and common among third worlders. but it's also true that most opposition to them comes from leftists' artificial fainting spells. A few military vehicles or a military section in a civic parade has been traditional since America was founded.

We literally see police convoys for dignitaries/the president/protests every other day you spastic.

Also no one move here, the summer sucks ass more than you can imagine

>I'd be mad if a Democrat threw a military parade

Getting tired of fighting your enemies means they win

>t. Majored in military parades and their sociopolitical impact

honest the less the public is exposed to tanks the better considering how toxic their armor is lol

>swamps suck in the summer
No shit

nice rebuttal retard

>it infuriates most of the people I don’t like

this mentality is what will define our generation and it will be why were hated in the future when it turns out we did nothing but fuck up the world to pwn the libs

Missing the point, many voted for Trump because they legitimately thought voting for anyone else would ruin the country, not because they're MAGAtards through and through.
Trump's fanclub =/= Trump voters. The latter can change their allegiance.

Attached: rfUOuG1.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

You stated an opinion. Only weak minded people get upset over a small military demonstration on the 4th of July

Military parades are necessary to remind the plebs where their hard earned tax dollars are going and to infuriate the plebian hordes and hopefully accelerate the upcoming civil war.

>let the libs fuck up the world instead

they aren't the ones jerking off to a military parade

I don't need a degree to be right, and I am.
There is a positive correlation between the shittiness of a government, people, and country and the grandiosity/number of the military parades they have.
The next time the UK sends Challengers and Warriors through Westminster, you call me.

The US did it for numerous Presidential Inaugurations in the past and after the 1991 Gulf War there were massive parades DC and NYC.
By comparison a few MBTs and AFVs is hardly offensive for a celebration of the country's birth, something achieved through conflict. If it gives the public a fun show, and satisfies the Presdident's desire to do some kind of military display, then what is the issue? Other than which President it is asking for it?

>former trump voter here

The Democrats are gonna launch a coup, the tanks are there to put it down

This military parade means nothing. Libs jerk off to far more useless shot than that.

the libs do the same shit to pwn the right

>government can't or won't fulfill the will of the people
>PM resigns
>not a shitty government
Maybe they could use a parade.

Based.

Attached: 1502675898419.jpg (1228x1728, 528K)

i don't know who you're trying to impress by white knighting trump. id say 50% of his vote was the 'fuck it why not' crowd