So the USP has succeeded the 1911 in some police departments and they like to carry it cocked and locked

So the USP has succeeded the 1911 in some police departments and they like to carry it cocked and locked.
However it is perfectly fine to carry the USP locked or unlocked and then pulling the trigger in double action.

So what is the great benefit for carrying the USP like a 1911?

Attached: 222.jpg (1280x720, 106K)

Light trigger pull.

Double action sucks ass and any quip about "practice more" is just cope for being too much of a coward to carry it properly

The Double action of the USP doesnt suck ass.

Not possible by the very definition of a double action trigger
Sucking is inherent to the concept
Some people (like the NYPD) even go so far with their cope as to say it makes the gun safer

The USP derived from the Mk 23 which was the attempt to "unify" the several pistols in service into one. So the decocker and safety appeased those who were used to double action pistols and those used to the 1911.

Why do you insist on a safety? tens of thousans of cops carry glocks and dont shoot themselves are you so incompetent?

Why worry about accidentally shooting yourself when you can flip a switch that stops the worry?

Actually you can’t pull the trigger when the safety is on, cocked or not.

Yeah, but way more cops shot themselves after switching to Glocks from DA/SA guns or 1911s (or even revolvers in some cases) leading to the infamous "Glock Leg".

Some people can't get over the DA first shot, even though DA/SA triggers don't have the same tight pull as the SA-only trigger in a 1911 or Hi-Power (or even the newer discontinued CZ SA-only).

The USP is suddenly taking departments by storm almost 30 years after its introduction?

>and mostly don't shoot themselves
fixed

That's because of shit trigger discipline by putting their finger on the trigger/in the guard when they draw/reholster rather than on the slide like a non-retard.

It was that far ahead of its time, that its greatness isn’t truly realized by the masses until now. Before that only OPERATORS new how to OPERATE this beast of a WEAPONS SYSTEM.

Sorry. This

Meant for that

You have to fire the first round SA because it's backwards.

USP compact gives you lots of options

If you have the hammer down and on fire you have to draw ~11.5 Lbs for first shot and 4.5 after.

If you are unchambered and pull the slide, the hammer will lock back and be immediately ready to fire, you'll just have to toggle the safety switch

You can decock it with the switch as well. Decocking puts it on fire mode so you aren't fully disengaging by putting hammer down

If you're carrying cocked and locked, your draw will put your thumb in position to move the safety down in a natural motion so you can engage to fire.

It's a really great design and gives lots of options over 1911. I own both.

Though my 1911 in 45 has less recoil and is easier to follow up than my usp compact on 9mm

ass nigger

faggots

Attached: http___images4.wikia.nocookie.net___cb20130329152657_courage_images_8_89_Dilung.png (530x390, 213K)

get a load of this nancy that can't handle an 8 pound pull that's longer than 1cm.

Attached: 1561513328063.jpg (473x355, 36K)

For safety.

It's weird how many shooters, including competition shooters, prefer lighter trigger pulls.

>So the USP has succeeded the 1911 in some police departments
citation needed
I'm not aware of any police departments that even still have 1911s to succeed.

Something about a completely differrent trigger pull when the hammer is cocked back. Fucking dumbass.

It sucks. DA triggers above 5-6lbs suck.

Who's using it and in what caliber?

Attached: IMG_20150716_124806291.jpg (2290x1830, 517K)

Quick question. Just picked one of these up actually. Was going to mount a sight.
How do I knock the rear sight out of one of these? Its really in there

Because police department finally figured out that people don't like the same shit. And muscle memory training the basics can only get cops so far.

You can keep training muscle memory and marksmen but if you don't allow people to use what they like you tend to hit a brickwall in terms of efficiency. And the USP unlike the Glocks can be carried in multiple conditions.

>because switches never fail.
"hey, I flipped the safety, no idea why my partner got shot!"
Fucking moron

It's optional fag, unlike your gender

Small towns don't have to worry about liability issues as much as urban areas. Small towns however have to deal with deadlier shootouts. That militia group hiding innawoods tend to have almost as good or better firepower than the sheriffs. Therefore every advantage counts.

DA/SA with decocker is the Pinnacle of pistol design.
Prove me wrong.
Buy the correct tool for the job, or get a gunsmith to do it.
You can technically do it with a punch, but that has a high likelihood of fucking it up.

>So what is the great benefit for carrying the USP like a 1911?
none

Isnt everyone using glocks?

pratice more, faggot

1911 cocked and locked. What's the problem? I've never personally known of a AD with a 1911 condition 1.

Why own a gun if you worry about shooting yourself? Are you related to plexico burris?

Be honest, if you had to take one into a fight, which one would it be?

Git gud

No they didnt. Cite statistics or shut up.

All hk triggers suck dick except light lem.

The NYPD issues no DAO anything. They issue SAO with a 12lb pull for safety. And their guns are striker fired.

You tell this meme in every thread and it still wont be true

Both, as I do now

Attached: Screenshot-2018-5-3 k - Handgun General - hg - #103 - Weapons - 4chan.png (1311x427, 74K)

hk doesn't even make a rail adapter, it's just a stroke of luck that the aftermarket gave enough of a shit to fix the rail
the trigger is gritty as fuck the grip is block and unergonomic
the compact version is barely smaller than the fullsize and the capacity is pathetic for how large it is
hk makes literally none of the those aftermarket parts anymore
literally every single handgun on the market has swappable sights, it's not some unique hk feature

oh and HK is bankrupt so say goodbye to your spare parts and customer support