AR thread /arg/

/arg/
AR Thread
Bullyzone
Cancer containment

Snag edition

Old

Attached: 20190622_191024_HDR-1.jpg (3764x1328, 1.42M)

Other urls found in this thread:

modlite.com/collections/weapon-mounted-lights/products/modlite-plh-18650-light-package?variant=20414793613371
amazon.com/UTG-Monopod-V-Rest-Camera-Adaptor/dp/B00P9F7SVA
youtube.com/watch?v=pXnCBrV61uc
youtube.com/watch?v=2vCNHC3vKjw
greeneyetactical.com/2017/07/27/comparative-study-of-red-dot-sight-parallax/
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-rifle-kit.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lmt big gay

what light is that?

Attached: IMG_20190521_1534143.jpg (4032x3024, 3.28M)

Attached: giphy.gif (268x268, 1.45M)

Dead Weight edition
Anabolic Steroid thread
Unloaded Rifles as Bludgeons discussion

you should rename it wugwuss.gif

This gun has grown on me significantly.
I like it.

Yeah because if I ran it tradmount it would be a snag hazard so I run it offset.

>without gloves
Gee then, wear gloves or run a VFG.
>I like bayonets
Do you have a honest solid M4gery of any sort? Just do that then with a SOCOM barrel. Your stupid QRF with Gov profile barrel is just shit all around. Not good clone Aesthetic. Unironically likely to have worse thermal performance than a Hanson profile barrel.

Attached: DSC03991.jpg (4768x2802, 3.46M)

More like USGAY
owned

why do you have the monopod attachment but no monopod?

What power is that scope?

Got a deal on the monopod adapter, so picked it up. Waiting for a good deal on a monopod, and or genuine necessity. I still haven't even sledded and grouped the gun yet so it isn't really calling for a monopod yet. It is functioning well which is good. Just busy. I also haven't done an ounce of research on monopods. I really want something with a QD but I don't really see anything.

Steiner P4Xi 4-16x56mm, illuminated, 32oz without mount, SCR mil style reticule, exposed and zero stop windage/elevation turrets. Adjustable parallax and diopter. I need to get a bubble level for it and possible a throw lever and scope caps. Strongly considering MK machining for the lever and level. I'll shoot it and see if I'm going to be holding onto the glass and if so I'll invest in some Aadland scope caps.

Attached: DSC03873.jpg (3729x1771, 3.89M)

>run a VFG
How about I put a VFG on my QRF?
>wear gloves
I don't want to
>socom barrel
No
>m4gery
A friend of mine has one and I am really not a fan of the carbine length gas system, and again, bayonet doesn't fit right :)

>Yeah because if I ran it tradmount it would be a snag hazard so I run it offset.
Why make the gun tall in one dimension when you can just make it slightly larger in all dimensions?

>VFG on QRF
Sure.
>I don't want to wear gloves
Make sure to eat a bunch of potato chips after you go shooting.
>Socom barrel
I thought you wanted durability and sustained fire capability? If so then SOCOM profile barrel is what you want, not stupid Gov.
>Bayonet doesn't fit right
Well then he has a shit M4gery.
>Not a fan of carbine length gas system
Why? And please don't peddle some inane outdated circa 2008 arfcom shit like "overgassed carbine 16" ARs beat themselves up!"
Fucking get a 14.5/14.7" and or throw a heavier buffer in there.

Attached: DSC03954.jpg (3270x2945, 3.45M)

modlite.com/collections/weapon-mounted-lights/products/modlite-plh-18650-light-package?variant=20414793613371

Attached: 1528115504869.png (300x250, 37K)

oof at the price you might as well get the OWL

Similiar beam to an owl, but not limited in light placement is where it stands out

Attached: where-people-love-everyone.jpg (493x461, 43K)

raptor SD or Geissele ACH or SCH for suppressed 11.5" upper with omega?

ach for 556 sch for 308

raptor big gay

both are still better than cuckfire. I should really sell my cuckfire and get a different light.

>why not carbine length
I refuse to get another 14.5 pinned and welded or SBR it and pay the cuck tax for 1.5 inches, and bayonets don't fit on 16 inch carbine lengths. That plus it makes the rail shorter to accommodate the FSB unless you get one of the cool ones that envelope it.
And I want a reasonable, not pencil and mlok level of durability and sustained fire. The gov profile is fine and doesn't add more unnecessary weight than I am already adding.

>with omega
oof

aside from the novelty factor, no one would opt for the cheap shitty ColtCanada patent infringing foreign clone when they could buy a genuine LMT

>I really want something with a QD but I don't really see anything.
amazon.com/UTG-Monopod-V-Rest-Camera-Adaptor/dp/B00P9F7SVA

BCM and RTV sealant

I just put a Spikes T2 and Sprinco Blue spring in my 14.5 Carbine, a definite improvement.

best aftermarket fixed stock out there?

>Reddit Machine & Tool

Hey cheif running feet, thought you were an hero'd, glad to see your not

Attached: 1527985357613.jpg (340x379, 35K)

Dig it. Is it accepted/common to not get any simple caps with a scope?

PRS

It still blows my mind that people think this is FA despite it looking nothing like him

Attached: TooTall.jpg (2280x4048, 2.29M)

most will come with bikini covers, but they tend to be shit

>slightly larger in all dimensions
Better volume/killing-capability ratio/efficiency. This is the future.

Skip. Spend $45 with a coupon code for the Radian Raptor LT, then spend $5 at the auto parts store and do the silicon seal mod. There are many better ways to manage gas than a $100 charging handle. Adjustable gas block, heavier buffer, googles/dedicated shooting wraparounds.

Omega is sweet, I like mine, but holy hell back pressure.

No one is advocating SBRing a 14.5"
>I refuse to get another 14.5" pinned and welded
Why? It is an M4gery. It'll just run a A2 bird cage until you get a can.
>bayonets don't fit
Yeah, which is why your friend's M4gery sucks and why you should do a solid M4gery with a 14.5" since it will a) look good, b) function decent, c) not be a stupid 16" middy with FSP and middy rail/handguard.

>Gov profile is fine
Gov profile is unironically functionally such shit. You want sustained fire? You want a bayonet? You want durable? You want boomer classico aesthetics? This is simple, do a half decent 14.5" M4gery with a Gov barrel or more ideally a SOCOM barrel and you get those things.

Stop baiting/shitposting.

>UTG
No thanks.

Dank, good to know. What port size/barre mfg/spec?

Hey don't dox FA!

I haven't bought enough scopes nor done enough particular research to answer that.

Attached: DSC03952.jpg (3265x3000, 2.72M)

Hey guys

Attached: IMG_20190630_194448952-01.jpg (4022x2358, 2.58M)

>non captured buffer
Are you some kind of poor person?

Attached: lower.jpg (1077x606, 38K)

wait thats the same guy as the guy in this video youtube.com/watch?v=pXnCBrV61uc at about 34 seconds.

>rear monopod
Get a good bag and put a rail cover on it to make it a rear bag rider.

Attached: Screenshot_20190703-140531.jpg (1080x812, 210K)

delete this

Attached: cea0d2181ce2296b06b82a96a54fe7585c5cc9aa_full.jpg (184x184, 12K)

Props, I love my ARFXE Skeleton stock, which I bought when I had to be NJ complaint but wouldn’t change it.

Attached: 4010E6B8-CFD1-4A1C-8DA6-2FF9C726FB2F.jpg (630x285, 52K)

anyone have a link to the video that this guy is in?

Ill give you a hint, its the same dude shooting the helmet in every single shot and its not FA, myself or wgws

Attached: ShittyGunPile.jpg (4032x3024, 3.15M)

How many AR-15's is enough to own?

0-1
2-4
5-6
7-10
11+?

more if you roll AR10s

Gib jew ak

lies this is you.

Attached: FriendlyAnonPls.png (897x674, 909K)

short 5.56
general purpose 5.56
AR 308

Must have:
>10-11.5" with dot
>14.5-16 with acog/lpvo
Nice to have:
>16-18" SPR with glass
>Additional guns to loot parts from/backups for your first two primary rifles
Not essential but nice to have:
>Bunch of clones for collecting
>Fun/meme guns for dicking around with

So the answer is two minimum

Attached: Ponyboy1.jpg (1280x748, 310K)

Or is this him?

Attached: 1526147252415.jpg (276x276, 13K)

2 MRO's or 1 T2 and 1 Poverty Arms? I have two rifles to get optics for...

Alright, let me sum this up
I want a mid length (for rail length) with a bayonet and a FSP. For that to be the case I want it to be 16". I want something simmilar to picrelated from the last thread visually, but slightly more modernized by being mid length and free floated because those are empirically better than a carbine length and not FF. I have experience with gov profile barrels, they work fine. This isn't going to be a precision gun, it is going to be a 16" 5.56 with a red dot and irons. Since the upper is already going to be front heavy, I don't want to go with a heavier profile for no tangible gain.

Attached: 1562168695645.jpg (2234x853, 782K)

pretty sure that is

>loot
Whenever I see someone use this word, I know that they have no real world experience with guns and only think in terms of video game mechanics.

2 aimpoint pros

why do I get such a hard on from red dots on 16" ar10s

Does it upset you that someone had to loot a carrier and buffer spring from the m4gery on the left at a class?

It really should.

Attached: standtall.jpg (3912x2936, 2.38M)

14.5” 5.56 carbine
16” 5.56 carbine
16” 5.56 middie
11.5” 5.56 pistol
8” 9mm pistol

I wish I’d skipped an AR15 build and done an AR10, which will be next. I still have two finished multi cal lowers I’m trying to decide how to finish. Maybe a 6.8 until I get around to the AR10?

Nothx

Attached: Trijicon-MRO-vs-Aimpoint-PRO.png (1200x480, 225K)

No real point in going more than 2 5.56s other than fun/arming a militia.
>red dot (optional magnifier)
>LPVO

Have you had a chance to use an a5 buffer? Worth it or nah?

I just moved to the first place I’ve lived that is NFA friendly. Any suggestions on a first 5.56 suppressor?

>laughs in paralax free

life isn't a video game
open your other eye and any supposed fov advantages the MRO offers are eliminated

>IS THE MRO® MAGNIFIED?
>The Trijicon MRO Manufactured before Serial number 89,000 did have a very slight magnification of 1.05x which is within the range of competitive reflex-style sight. Responding to customer feedback Trijicon adjusted the magnification in MROs with a serial number of 89,000 or higher to have a magnification of 1.00x or no magnification.

6.8 is a meme. Go .300 blackout if you ever want to suppress it, or do a rifle length build.

youtube.com/watch?v=2vCNHC3vKjw

Not larp enough for me.

14.5" 5.56 serious do all carbine Acog/LPVO
11.5"/12.5" 5.56 SBR red dot and magnifier
10.3/10.5" 5.56 SBR just red dot
8/9" 300blk or 5.56 PDW style thing red dot
16" 5.56 SPR LPVO
18" 5.56 DMR/SPR magnified optic

M4gery
Mk18 Mod 0
Mk18 Mod 1
A4gery
Commando clone
M16 clone
Mk12 clone

M110 clone

Functional AR10 BR
Functional AR10 DMR
Functional AR10 SASS

At that point you've got most things covered.

1x T2 and 1x PRO
Shop used. Fuck MRO, they're shit.

>mid length being empirically better than carbine
This is old arfcom boomer hogwash that only applies to 16" barrels and was an overstated issue at the time. There is a very tangible gain to the SOCOM over the Gov profile in that the increased mass results in lower temps for a given firing schedule. What you've got in that picture is a 16" carbine M4gery. You should do something VERY similar but just use a 14.5" and pin and weld. You still haven't explained why that is out of the question.

All in all I don't understand your priorities, and in many ways they seem to be in conflict.

>no real world experience with guns
kek

Because you're a boomer/zoomer that still buys into the BR meme.

Both eyes are open anyway...Also the presentation of the flip caps like that is disingenuous. Plus the MRO has like fucking 12" of parallax shift at 100 yards so you're STRAIGHT up missing man sized targets. It is shit.

Attached: DSC03762.jpg (3837x2006, 3.52M)

big brain right here good opinion

>Plus the MRO has like fucking 12" of parallax shift

>youtube.com/watch?v=2vCNHC3vKjw
that isnt it you brain damaged cuck.

damn you're straight retarded

>14.5" 5.56 serious do all carbine Acog/LPVO
>11.5"/12.5" 5.56 SBR red dot and magnifier
>10.3/10.5" 5.56 SBR just red dot
>8/9" 300blk or 5.56 PDW style thing red dot
>16" 5.56 SPR LPVO
>18" 5.56 DMR/SPR magnified optic
>M4gery
>Mk18 Mod 0
>Mk18 Mod 1
>A4gery
>Commando clone
>M16 clone
>Mk12 clone
>M110 clone
>Functional AR10 BR
>Functional AR10 DMR
>Functional AR10 SASS
>At that point you've got most things covered.
>14.5” 5.56 carbine
>16” 5.56 carbine
>16” 5.56 middie
>11.5” 5.56 pistol
>8” 9mm pistol
>Must have:
-11.5" with dot
.5-16 with acog/lpvo
>Nice to have:
-18" SPR with glass
>>Additional guns to loot parts from/backups for your first two primary rifles
>Not essential but nice to have:
>>Bunch of clones for collecting
>>Fun/meme guns for dicking around with
>So the answer is two minimum
>3
>short 5.56
>general purpose 5.56
>AR 308
>2
>more if you roll AR10s

I meant how many of the same type, whatever caliber and length you prefer.

Do you want just 5.56 suppression?
Saker556k ASR
Do you want 7.62 ontop of that?
Sandman-K
I have an A5 buffer in my 416. It dropped the cyclic rate approx 100-150 RPM depending on ammo and creates a slower but more consistent recoil impulse. Worth it for guns that you plan to shoot in auto with more control, want to stay on target for followups or want a softer impulse

>doesnt know the difference between parallax and magnification
Stop
>M16 clone
>Mk12 clone
You are missing numbers and letters here
>Functional AR10 BR
Impossibru

>I meant how many of the same type, whatever caliber and length you prefer.
How many identical ARs? One with other guns to loot spare parts from.

Attached: TONYD.png (742x664, 74K)

>doesnt know the relationship between parallax and magnification
Stop

your question just went from reasonable and thought provoking to childish and meaningless

I had always ruled out .300 because I didn’t live in suppressor friendly states until now, and am thinking that will be better option.

>This is old arfcom boomer hogwash that only applies to 16" barrels
Its almost like I want a 16 inch barrel or something
Also
>carbine length rail
7 inches
>mid length rail
9 inches
9>7
It will definitely get hot enough to show the difference between a gov and a pencil, but it probably wont get hot enough to show the difference in a gov and a socom, so the added weight/cost/time isn't worth it for me.

I don't want a pinned/welded 14.5 because I already have one and I don't like not having the ability to play with muzzle devices if i want to. More options>less options

Yike's, even trAsh isn't banned on boomercom.

Issue persists on later serial MROs
Go try it at a store, its plenty observable

Attached: THE GOLD STANDARD.jpg (2280x1437, 767K)

So followup with the a5, would it be better to go full on a5 system or just change weights for a 16" carbine general purpose gun and full retard isn't in the cards for a long while?

Forgot optics
14.5 Eotech HHS I
16” Bushnell TRS25 (for now)
16” Sig Romeo 5
11.5” Steiner R1X
8” Steiner R1X

If you want to shoot subs out of an AR and have them actually able to kill things, .300 is the way to go

>just try it, you'll see!
Nice "evidence."

I don’t have a 7.62 yet, but I do have a 9mm “pistol”. Is it better to stick with a dedicated 5.56 and then get a dedicated 9mm (like those ones that are modular for pistol/carbine)?

11+ colt canada ARs
Stay mad poorfag amerifats

so damn glad I got a unblemed olt lower before they stopped selling them

That def. makes sense, .300 seems like it can do a good job at many things.

Are you planning on running a suppressor?
Heavy weights will compensate for the suppressor and will be cheaper than A5. A5 stroke is superior to just stacking a H2 buffer imo. But its a very personal thing, I know plenty of people who like their guns snappy and slightly overgassed where as I prefer mine slower.
Do you own an MRO or do you defend them for free? Not even a hotpocket provided?
If you owned an MRO you could easily verify my statement but I dont think you do.
>Is it better to stick with a dedicated 5.56 and then get a dedicated 9mm (like those ones that are modular for pistol/carbine)?
Yes. Hybrid cans are mostly a meme. You will want a can for every gun by the time you are done with things.

Attached: THEGIRTH.jpg (4159x2119, 1.53M)

He didnt even get an ambi lower. Why is tony so retarted?

Attached: Tony.png (1832x680, 286K)

Do you own an MRO or do you meme them out of ignorance only? Do you have awareness that no one takes your "opinions" seriously, or are you oblivious?

No question about that! Thanks for the tips.

Attached: E5C6949D-6244-4E76-BE4B-F0296EF535AE.jpg (474x367, 22K)

Most of its merits are overblown, but it does suppression very well. Generally speaking, supersonic .300 is a considerably more expensive equivalent of 7.62x39, but it fits into AR mags and rifles with the footprint of standard ARs.

Suppressor purchase will be in the next 6-8 months, not decided on what one yet

Mine came with nothing and was $1200

If only it was any good subsonic

Consider a Sandman K with a 5.56 end cap. It will be affordable, small, light, short, very durable, and have a great QD mechanism. It will lack in terms of suppression, but not that much.

greeneyetactical.com/2017/07/27/comparative-study-of-red-dot-sight-parallax/
MRO a shit.

5 of these:
palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-carbine-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-rifle-kit.html

>numbers and letters
My head doesn't feel so good

kek

I've got a solid 300blk upper for sale right now. I'm moving so need cash. BCM MCMR 8" mlok rail, Aero precision upper receiver, Bootleg Inc (OEM for BCM and PWS) gas block and gas tube. Best of all, a solid 300blk barrel, KAK CHF 5R rifled modern profile cold hammer forged 9" barrel. 17oz barrel, good profile with meat by the chamber.

I can ship with 200 rounds of factory new subsonic S&B 200 grain 300blk ammo. Also have a Tubbs 300blk flatwire spring.
Asking $525 shipped for all of it. Picture related. [email protected]

Can include BCG too for mass gua.

>I want a 16 inch barrel
But why? You want an M4 looking thing. The way to get that isn't to do a 16" barrel with a middy FSP and some new design quad rail. It is to do a 14.5" with a KAC RAS.
>9>7
What does that statement stand to support?
>gov and a socom
Okay fair, skip the SOCOM profile.
>play with muzzle devices
Been there. Done that. Overrated. You know what the best muzzle device is? A fucking can.
>Already have one
A M4gery 14.5"?

What are you thinking for the AR10?

>Dedicated
Depends on your budget and NFA timeline and if you plan to buy/suppress any .30 cal rifles or .45 cal pistols.
IMO for most people the first cans should be a .30 cal middleweight middle performance centerfire can and then a .45 cal pistol can. But it depends.

Attached: DSC03744.jpg (3240x2250, 3.79M)

he's impatient and impulsive
he's smart enough to know better but he doesn't give himself a chance to realize he's doing something dumb

Attached: kcanscompare16inch.jpg (959x496, 125K)

Every one of these rifles is legit.