Tac-14 "firearm"

sup Jow Forumsommandos

Any thoughts on short shotguns for home defense? Especially a small apartment?

Pic related, There's one at a local gunshop with a mounted light and side saddle i'm considering

Attached: tac14armbrace.jpg (2048x1536, 482K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kc9ZeHIGphk
theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-14-rifles-shotguns-and-walls/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shotguns are the definitive home defense option. large and intimidating, when you swing your barrel into the room you will catch your target shaking in fear. slugs were designed to be used for home defense.

You're better off with a PCC with defense ammo in that situation. Easier to mount lights/widgets, stock for easier aiming, detachable large capacity magazines.

I have an 18” 870 with a LOP stock and it’s pretty compact. Eventually I’ll get one of those braced 14” 870 or an SBS. Shotgun gives you many options ammo wise.

Shotguns are great due to the side variety of ammo for all use cases. But it all depends on your living situation. Do you have to worry about over penetration? I personally live in an apartment and have a handgun with hollow points for home defense so I don't shoot my neighbor on accident.

Do this instead.
Full size 20 inch barrels
Doomslayer aesthetics
Open in case of hellknight

Attached: 20190625_162314.jpg (3264x2448, 3.05M)

We have only drywall separating us from neighbors, and if i point my gun at the entrance from my bedroom doorway, there's a wall separating our apartments, then my neighbor's bedroom wall/bedroom doorway. So i was going to load birdshot

Birdshot can't kill teenagers at point blank range, what makes you think it'll stop someone breaking in trying to steal your beans?
youtube.com/watch?v=kc9ZeHIGphk

concerned about overpenetration, plus the furthest possible distance i would be shooting from is 10 ft

>bird shot
You might as well use spitwads

>We have only drywall separating us from neighbors

Why do mutts build such shitty houses?

>shotguns are the definitive home defense option
Crrrrrrack
>large and intimidating
Sssssssip
>you will catch your target shaking in fear
Yyyep
>slugs were designed to be used for home defense
A shotgun. Now THAT'S a home defense weapon.

Attached: Capture+_2019-07-03-17-20-24.png (1312x1300, 633K)

Great video, I'll consider that. Before that, the most realistic demonstration I've seen is a Paul Harrell video using pork ribs, breast, intestines, etc.

>was going to load birdshot
Literally PERFECT for when birds break into your apartment

Reduce cost of building and maintenance, so they can pocket as much of my money as possible

Velocity determines penetration, velocity is dependent on barrel length. The video was using a long barrel hunting shotgun which would give birdshot more velocity compared to a stubby gimmick gun like the tac-14. Use HP ammo in a carbine.

Hey, that movie was fuckin freaky dude, and they have been shitting on my car alot lately....

any specific loads you would recommend to reduce over pen as much as possible? Carbine might be a better long term option since I'm moving to a much much larger house in months

Just sound of pumping a shotgun will send any home invader running. Or just shoot into the air if that fails

Anything that isn't FMJ

To give background, there's been a string of armed robberies in my area recently (all apartments)
they don't appear to be using any real method to select targets

every time, especially against guys with guns

slugs are ideal. not only can you fire through walls into the intruder who may be beside or below you, but you can even stop his car dead in its tracks by firing into the engine block. show them you are king of your domain and you don't care about holes because you're a fixin man who will patch em up

DESU the regular Tac 14 without the pistol brace is a better home defense option for a small dwelling in my opinion because its a smaller package and you can turn corners with it much easier.

I debated getting the brace, but I think you lose some of the appeal of the "firearm"

Attached: tac2.jpg (720x1280, 232K)

I would rather have an 18.5 than a braced 14.

Also Fuck braces, 3" buckshot will collapse the brace right up to the castle nut, never to be fucking moved again.

Very much a bitch to thread metal buffer tube to polymer parts

Why a shotgun? Birdshot is not for defense. Buckshot will kill your neighbors. Why not a hand gun with rounds designed for your situation?

>Birdshot is not for defense.

factually incorrect

buckshot will penetrate drywall.
theboxotruth.com/the-box-o-truth-14-rifles-shotguns-and-walls/

Either PCC or AR/AK are your best options. I'd suspect the intermediate rifle calibers bleed a lot of speed going through drywall and so while they continue to penetrate they may do less damage on the other side when compared to a pistol caliber. However, I have no data to back that up.

Pretty sure no one would recommend birdshot as a self defense load unless you have zero other options. I would rather have a .38 revolver.

By the time that matters, it'll be replaced

As I live in a condo, I only use a flamethrower for my home defense needs. Let the sprinklers deal with the aftermath

Attached: xm42.jpg (300x168, 6K)

From what I’ve read many of the duty type rounds will penetrate less than a handgun JHP. I ultimately chose the 62 gr. Fusion MSR, but I don’t keep it out for HD since w/o a suppressor it could be brutal.