Whats a good somewhat cheap taurus as a first gun? I get half off all taurus

Whats a good somewhat cheap taurus as a first gun? I get half off all taurus

Attached: file.jpg (768x1024, 78K)

>somewhat cheap taurus
Wait there are expensive Taurus?

PT92 and PT1911

I got a Rossi (Taurus) 38 special as my first handgun. Great for learning the fundamentals and because it's a revolver it's hard for even Taurus to fuck it up

G2c is an unironically good carry gun for $200

Taurus G2C. Spectrums are also pretty good, I imagine G2S is fine too. I've heard good things about their 92fs clone and about their 1911s, decent things about their .38s, and very bad things about many of their older models of autoloading pistols.

I only have hands on experience with the Spectrum and G2C, but I like both of them and they changed my opinion of Taurus guns. You can find a G2C on PSA's website for like $175 post rebate, so make sure your half off deal is better than that.

I'm not huge on striker fired pistols, but I'd take a G2C over a Glock if I had to actually use it right then and there. I doubt they're as reliable or durable as a Glock (I've seen nothing to indicate that they aren't, but let's be real here), but they're more ergonomic and have a much better trigger.

Come to think of it, I shot one of their snub .38s for a while, it seemed pretty nice, too. It was fun to shoot, but you shouldn't buy a snubby as your first gun unless you're the kind of person who does things the hard way to be different.

It was good enough for basically everyone in the 30's, though

can confirm they are good, get 605 357 magnum for maximum fireballs

>It was good enough for basically everyone in the 30's, though
And how many of them are alive today? Exactly. 38spl was a mistake

I have a few that are still on production. Recommeded: PT 92 is a "copy" of a Beretta 92. Taurus bought the machinery after Beretta finished their contract with the Brazilian military. The Taurus version has the decocker on the frame. Full size, metal semi auto pistol. 9mm for relatively cheap ammo. Fun to shoot.
Spectrum is a good choice for pocket sized conceal carry. Comfy ergos. Comparable to a Ruger LCP. Like the LCP it can be a touch snappy because of its size and weight.
Not recommended: PT22 PLY. Copy of a Beretta Bobcat. Not a bad gun, but not exactly practical. Can be fussy with ammo and with the lack of an extractor you can be popping the barrel to pull spent casings more than you may want. Fun to shoot. The original PT22 were metal and much better.

Attached: Taurus_TX22.jpg (2700x1800, 761K)

You get half off? Dude, get a Raging Bull. I've seen them on sale for $625.00

That at 50% off is a steal.

And don't listen to anyone who tells you it's too much for you. Just shoot .45 Colts in it. The gun is so big when you're shooting .45 colt it feels like a 9mm.

G2c has a weird trigger but its light and has a nice reset

Had a bad experience buying a rossi. Maybe mine was a lemon. If possible buy one with a transfer bar as opposed to an exposed firing pin.

Honestly, unless your heart is on a particular model, peruse local shops for deals on used guns

I think it's just a cheap striker fired gun, they all have slightly funky triggers. Glocks have bad triggers, cheap S&W Glock clones have atrocious triggers, etc. G2C certainly does not have a good one, but it seems par for the course to be compared to similar pistols. It can restrike primers, too, which is a really nice feature for a defensive handgun.

The G2C really just doesn't have any major weaknesses other than a brand with a poor history. The ergos are very, very good, including both how it fits in the hand and how easy the mag release and safety are to operate, it comes with good stippling, it isn't snappy, it isn't excessively large, it's acceptable accurate, etc. It's a better gun than some guns that cost twice as much. If I were going to buy 10 identical handguns and hide them around my house in weird places like stuck under my kitchen table with a magnet or in a waterproof case in my toilet tank, this is the gun I would do that with.

I dont disagree. The stock stippling is damn comfy. Best product they've ever designed desu

>It can restrike primers, too, which is a really nice feature for a defensive handgun

If by "nice feature", you mean "retarded bullshit that could get you killed".

Their large/special magnum revolvers start at $700.

Attached: egyptian-geese-mating-tony-camachoscience-photo-library.jpg (600x324, 36K)

Shit, that's a good point. So many of them are gone. I guess idiots misusing firearms will be a constant throughout the decades.

that new 22lr pistol they make

Buy a walther or if your poor a ruger.
The only way you get your money’s worth from a Taurus is if you save it for something else.

Millennial think ladies and gentlemen.

It’s funny this comes up I got this gun 2 days ago and I love it. I got the G2S it’s compact and a little thinner than the G2C which is why I chose it. So far I’ve only put about 200-300 rounds into it but have had no problems.

My own slight complaint was finding a good holster there wasn’t many choice (IWB left hand) I actually hail marry and bought a 40$ klydex on amazon and it fits very well And is comfortable so I’d recommend this

Attached: F5948851-00DA-4DE0-BC80-226D3D6368F0.jpg (3264x2448, 2.86M)

Say what.

Spectrums don't particularly like Tula primers until they break in a little. The 'double strike' is good for that. Who can pulling the trigger one more time get you killed on a ftf, rocket scientist? I like the little Spectrum. I was practicing one handed today and it is not that snappy once you get used to it.

G2s is pretty new, not much made for it yet. G2c/pt111 have a fair amount of support