Plate Carrier questions

Hello! I'm wondering whats the best place to buy a Plate Carrier and Level IV plates from. I'm 6'5, 220. Price isn't something I'm worried about as I won't be buying for a while, but I'm putting together a list of gear I would like to have.

Any recommendations based off of previous purchases?

Attached: tg_201042_sentry0carrier.jpg (426x485, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9OQw6T48inc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Condor Cross Draw Vest with AR500 plates, hasn’t failed me yet at our militia training

What's your age, political alignment, fitness level, and firearms/tactical background?

Recommendations on where to purchase from?

Just graduated, right leaning, a few extra pounds but working out to lose those pounds, and I'm a genius with strategy, but not much firearms/tactical background.

>hurr durr I need to know your political affiliation before I give you information freely available on google
You deserve a throat full of caked dust as you stare at an empty sky, entrails desiccating in the sun.
Go to /gq/ (gear queer), cuz that's what you are. Do you even own guns and basic survival shit?

JPC with Hesco ceramics if you're truly serious (0% chance of this).
JPC with PE or PE/ceramic hybrid if you are serious enough to get outdoors and train (IDPA/IPSC level, or at least a concealed carry license)
AR500 if you want to feel prepared for the boogaloo but will never actually go hiking in your kit.

>asking to be spoonfed googleables

sniff some road dust and get back in your wagecage, m8t

I have a slick airsoft carrier and LV 3 plates specifically to wear under a wind breaker. I also have a surplus MOLLE carrier if needed

I've checked out the AR500 plates, and for the price they aren't too bad. I've also seen the Spartan plates, any feelings on that?

AWS, Mayflower, first spear, crye. All have great plate carriers between 150 to 250 dollars, all in different sizes.

>that reading comprehension
lol

Same stuff - AR500 is shorthand for steel. Good for sitting in a closet and wearing twice a year, cheap, but too heavy for serious users and sketchy vs AP or semi-AP.

ive got an AWS rig and a cry jpc and they're both very nice.

the AWS is definitely better for 'soldiering'

Attached: 45634534564574575.jpg (1251x941, 378K)

I have front and back AR500 plates in my Vel-Tye carrier with soft armor, it’s livable. Wore it everyday at work, granted I wasn’t humping a pack and marching. Definitely like to upgrade to good plates in a stand-alone carrier.

China
Try ali express
No, seriously
youtu.be/9OQw6T48inc
The American military just stamps them with "USA" and charges taxpayers hundreds of dollars for them

Militia training should be illegal. A bunch of over weight stupid incels preparing and wasting time for 0 reason.
You should actually kill yourself faggot

Absolutely liberal

Some basics, since you didn't bother to check /gq/:
Don't buy steel plates
This is gonna be expensive. Don't cheap out on what could potentially save your life. Read the pastebin in gq

This
“Oh you’re gonna die to a $0.30 bullet durdurdur why buy gear lol”
Same as [you] but the shit I spend money on will probably keep me alive or uninjured longer

I have a condor with an rma and lifesafe. Have about 3 bills in it.
There's a torture test on YouTube the thing fares well

Torture tests are not indicative of prolonged regular use
Condor is ass (aside from their pouches which are okay), literally scraping the bottom of the barrel in the brand hierarchy when it comes to plate carriers

I honestly posted this as bait

What other stuff do you have from AWS?
A vet buddy of mine recommended their fighting belt and assorted magazine pouches.

It is in most of the country, but the definition of "paramilitary training" is so vague that its rarely ever enforced

u mad bro?

>hoes mad (x24)

I have the belt but i use blueforce mag pouches. its a nice belt though its also the only belt of this kind that i've ever bought.

You butthurt that he has friends?

Filter anyone saying Condor. It's either baiters or retards. These two are not exclusive as well.

AWS is great, Crye obviously too. Warrior Assault Systems are supposedly pretty great entry level for a good buck. Grey Ghost Gear is great too. And since I'm Czech, I'm gonna shill two Czech companies which ship worldwide - Custom Gear (that's what I use) and Combat Systems.

>Militia training should be illegal
Why? How does their LARP harm you? I doubt they're using your house for breaching practice.

You dont need level lV plates.
You need +3.
The latter stops 5.56 & 7.62. While not being as heavy as lV

>this offends liberals
Thanks for encouraging me to join one

>nobody needs an AR15
>ban all semi autos
Welp, that pushed me to buy 4 Ar15s
Now you're only pouring fuel on a fire

Measure yourself to find your plate size.

Chase Tactical has 20% July 4th sale on everything, and their standalone Lvl 4 plates are on the NIJ certified list. Multicurve plates are much better than single curve for body fitment (for people with healthy bodytype AKA not obese). the AWS OPC is the poorfag choice for a quality plate carrier.

Attached: Infograph, BodyArmor Guide.png (1999x664, 1.43M)

Condor is decent and will get shit done but isnt as durable as I'd like it to be. Otherwise great value

People who use AR500 dont know what spalling is?

Condor is OK for pouches, I wouldn't trust the stitching for anything for actual plates.

Opticsplanet has Highcom Guardian single curve 10x12 shooter cut and plate carrier combos. Add the 10% off codes they routinely have and you can get a decent plate carrier and plate set for like $450-$500

as a tall fag 6'4 I am always spooked about plate carriers the standard plate they got never feels like it covers my extremties as well as it would a manlet,
any help or reassurance is apreciated

Attached: a3a1a19356cb96fcbba8bb9a00f0c5266b1ad8350ad1610f7a3980e1432bff47.jpg (960x640, 39K)

At least you're not a manlet

yeah but I am not even sure 11x14 covers vitals which desu is kinda of a bummer. I haven't had a chance around vests but I am barrel chested. Not to an autistic degree but I am wide.
I am not lanklet in porportions

So in the great booga ooga of the future apocalypse I am not sure how i"d fare

Is it possible to buy plates that will cover the entirety of my central body, arms, and legs, or will I have to try to make my own armor?

lol have fun moving

I was thinking of using plates to cover most of me, and then using kevlar in spots that need to flex.

LBT has a sale on the 6904 for $350 if you buy any other carrier you are a faggot.
wait you are allowed to buy the banshee 2 also.

I have 4 plates I was going to use two like normal and two on my shoulders so they cover my sides too.

no matter how fit and strong you get this isn't going to be good. at best you have a suit for sentry duty that will leave you winded, over heated, and out maneuvered in any other situation. you could try to rig up something using homemade PE sideplates and then use oversized ceramic plates for your torso but it isn't really a viable option.

>AR500
I hope you're just using that for weight training and not to actually save you from a bullet

im convinced that post is bait

get real armor. plates are for trailer trash