Building a nuclear reactor at home for electricity

I’m thinking of a way to build a Hahn reactor at home in case of an EMP attack/SHTF so that I’ll have a secondhand source of energy to keep my electricity going. I want to see if there’s a way I could do this legally, with NRC licensing, even though I wouldn’t be producing any sufficient amount of fissile material. Usually, nuclear power plants require electricity for the equipment, but this reactor doesn’t require any electricity to run, just the reactor itself. How could I get this to produce enough electricity to power my home? Although, it would probably be a good way to avoid paying electricity bills too, if you know what I mean.

Btw, this will mostly be as a DIY science project, and I want the proper licensing first, so I don’t plan on doing anything illegal with this. Just don’t know how I would go about receiving the licensing and how I would get this thing to run my house, including my TV, internet, fan, light bulbs, light switches, showers and refrigerator. I might even try making my own Thorium batteries too, as an alternative to stockpiling Lithium batteries in the event of SHTF.

Attached: 5D4E2CDC-6464-4D1A-B399-7C7CE3BB24B4.jpg (750x421, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nrc.gov/reactors/non-power.html
iran.embassy.gov.au/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get solar panels.

Even if you could "at home" a reactor (you can't) you won't be able to get the NRC to buy off on it.

> Building a nuclear mess
Do you want to stick out or blend in because your heat signature will be large not to mention the difficulty of getting new fuel best choice honestly is a gravitaion water vortex power plant (GWVPP)
>Low impact
>maximum energy output
>No fuel rods just a stream
>You don't need much for equipment
>Actually cutting edge of low impact cheap efficient electricity production
And for the fucking love of God DON'T fall for the "Muh solar power" trap solar panels don't have the same power production to cost of unit that these type of plants have. And also if the stream flows all year no worry about cloudy days or snow covering the cells.

Attached: largepreview.png (850x1203, 153K)

Just be careful user, because everyone who has ever successfully done this has died a painful death of multiple cancers.

I mean, what's the worst that could go wrong with a hillbilly nuclear reactor in a SHTF situation?

Is it more efficient than a pelton wheel?

I came here to post exactly that. If you have a source of running water then pico or micro hydro is easily your best option. Very simple, no regulatory bullshit, very safe.

As I understand it, the choice of the type of turbine (pelton wheel, francis turbine, etc.) is made based on the specifics of the installation site. Some designs work better for low-flow but high head situations while others work better for high-flow, low head. It really depends on how much water you've got flowing and how tall of a drop you're working with.

Attached: 1554131014147.jpg (1024x544, 83K)

1. Your idea is fucking retarded and you're gonna die.
2. If you want to do it legally here is the NRC page for a test reactor nrc.gov/reactors/non-power.html
3. I would expect that you're gonna spend $50,000 in legal fees just to be told to fuck off by the NRC.
4. If you do it illegally I'd count on getting sued into oblivion, having a multi million dollar judgment against you that you cant discharge in bankruptcy, and probably going to prison.

Do you have any formal education in nuclear anything.

Go fuck yourself ATF, CIA, FBI and all the rest of you alphabet soup niggers.

you do know you can take a alternator and spin it backwards and it will produce a voltage that is useful

iran.embassy.gov.au/
these dudes know a dude that can get you parts bro.

I T
G L O W S
L
O
W
S

I thought America was the land of the free ? What's stopping you?

cherenkov radiation? completely normal, desu

Just get electricity the normal way Sheldon, then you can carry on being autistic without getting riddled with cancer

If you attach a big shop fan blade to said alternator and prop it up on a big stick you can make wind power. If you make a dozen of these devices you can make lots of wind power. I've considered going this route as it has the potential to be cheaper than solar power, and it works at night.

oh my god you are fucking stupid.

I hear its no different than eating a banana every day

If you dig into the mantle of the earth where it reaches boiling temp, you can just create a simple loop of pipr with water and a turbine. Its more efficient on small scale than nuclear and doesn't require any fuel since the heat is from earth's gravity and water cools and re condenses at ground level.

I am no expert but I have taken university physics and I can tell you that safe nuclear power is something to be done at industrial scale. While it is possible to have a small-scale reactor produce power, it is a process that scales exponentially anf if you want to live in an enviroment that isn't 2000 times background in terms or radiation you are going to get a solution that is way bigger and more expensive than geo, solar, wind or hydro solutions, and this is not to mention the legal problems this probably entails.

Attached: 1561731991406.png (900x676, 410K)

>Pelton=low flow, high head
>Kaplan (propeller-shaped)=high flow, low head
>Francis=medium flow and head

So, it depends on how tall your dam is and how fast it can replace the water you use.

Have you considered nickel-iron batteries? Expensive, but they apparently last decades, thanks to the use of an alkaline electrolyte instead of sulfuric acid.

To charge them, consider hydro (best choice if you have it), solar, wind, or thermal (e.g., Stirling or thermoelectric panel).

You're gonna end up like that boy scout who built a reactor in his mom's shed and gave hundreds of people cancer

lol this nigga doesn't have his own thorium reactor already up and running

If I had access to radioactive material I would spray it on a pride parade

here's an idea: build a paddle wheel and hook it up to a stream

boom. hydropower. and you didn't catch any rads for it either. dumb DOE fuckin agent

Yeah, I didn't remember which was best for which type of site conditions but I knew it wasn't as simple as one design being better than the others; it's all about picking the best one for the specific site you have.

Hell, depending on your location even something as primitive as overshot waterwheel can give you a non-trivial amount of power, even though the other designs we talked about are more efficient.