So what are the best ammo boxes I could use to bury ammo for SHTF?

So what are the best ammo boxes I could use to bury ammo for SHTF?
Let's say I ran out of room in my safe and I'm trying to still stockpile

Attached: 156019.jpg (402x354, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/All-American-Flywheel-Can-Sealer-x/dp/B001DHKYF0
evike.com/products/54822/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump, what’s the best price per sweet cubic inch of gasket sealed goodness Jow Forums?

God, I can't think of anything more pretentious than buying metal cans to hold your ammo in. They come packaged already, and most stores will even provide you with ANOTHER container in the form of a plastic bag. Then people like you think like you're some special Rockefeller-lite loaded motherfucker TRANSFERRING AMMO FROM ITS BOX INTO OTHER BOXES. Just use the box it comes in faggot, stop trying to shill these expensive green fucks

Fuck you its humid here

Honestly this OP, never understood why people put them in those cans. You can use them or a range bag to transport all the boxes of ammo you purchase. Metal/Plastic cans will retain moisture

Fat 50s. They hold loaded mags well, too. I cache some, so a box of loaded mags, and a box of loose ammo.
>b-but the feedlips
Stop being poor and buying shit magazines.

I like the 50s because I can easily walk around with one in each hand fully loaded without straining my back.
The bigger cans like the 81mm mortar can etc get hard to carry alone when loaded for anything other than to/from a car.
The fat 50s are ok too, but better to commit to either the normal 50 or the fat 50 so you don't have stacking problems.

>He doesn't xenon purge his long term storage
Sad. Many such cases.

Attached: 1562130026812.gif (383x204, 2.09M)

>range sessions with less than 1 case of ammo
Enjoy your static indoor range.
Remember, if you shoot more than 1 round per minute you get banned.

Attached: laugh.jpg (600x315, 21K)

Tapco of all companies has a nice solution for this. believe it or not, there mag covers work well

I actually didn't know those worked, I'm glad you mentioned it. I have some of their AK slab sided mags that I cut out, just for fun, and they work pretty well. I'll have to grab some of the dust covers.

Gen 3 magpul covers are neat too

They're such a simple product that there's little room to fuck up. I've only used the Tapco covers on USGI mags, but they work really well

Attached: arr-811.jpg (800x800, 38K)

Because it's fucking humid here, cardboard gets moist, rots, and attracts rodent and insects. There is no reason not to put your ammo boxes into one of these metal or plastic cans that are sealed with an O-ring for long term storage away from pests and the elements. If your cases and primers are unsealed tossed in a desiccant pack or two for good measure.

bitch my ammo comes loose in BAGS what are you poor?

Attached: XM193BK-4[1].jpg (1200x810, 957K)

A month ago I got 10 inches of water in my house. All my ammo was stored in surplus 50 caliber cans. Half of those cans were completely submerged and my ammo came out perfectly dry.
I love those cans.

OP, if you're going to bury ammo, use 4" pvc pipe. Glue the caps on. Guaranteed to be water right in 50 years when someone digs it up.
Can't guarantee a metal can will still be intact.

Best reply.
I was going to say 6" , but it depends on how much you need to bury. Some desiccant packs wouldn't hurt, and glue those caps well.

Seal ammo in cans.

amazon.com/All-American-Flywheel-Can-Sealer-x/dp/B001DHKYF0

you don't need cans for range ammo but of course you need it for long term storage

Get a cheap Coleman type cooler. And flex seal it. I don’t think most of these tards realize you want to bury it.

Ya I meant to say add dessicant packs.
Pick a size for personal preference I suppose. I just deal with 4" a lot so its always on my mind.
Use the white pipe, not the black.
Coat the piss out of the pipe AND the cap. Assemble quickly.

If pvc pipe isn't large enough, cooler is good also.
It's easy to wrap one in fiberglass to permanently seal it.

>*Coat the piss out of the pipe and cap.
Withe the glue, incase anybody missed that.
Primer is good/mandatory for old pipe but fresh pipe doesn't need it. But for $5 and something like this I would use primer (I always use it anyways).

>Dessicant packets
Don't do this. Over long term, they actually collect moisture. Do a nitrogen or xenon purge, and never look back. If it's good enough for optics, I promise it's good enough for your boolits.
If you go the pvc route, don't use glue, use actual PVC solvent and the surface prep stuff. It melts the two pieces together, not glue it. This may have been what you meant, but to people who don't do this stuff, those are going to seem like completely different things.

evike.com/products/54822/
$15
Cheap plastic

Attached: 171277-4.jpg (640x469, 31K)

>Metal/Plastic cans will retain moisture
>All the worlds militaries with proven methods that last decades are wrong
>what are desiccants (if you're paranoid)
I know it's bait, but I have to respond. I just have to.

Attached: 4ba78abe90e8691190ee0ea1a24105594ae0f30f.jpg (876x876, 59K)

Will the palmetto State armory mags I have on layaway be good for shtf?

A single manufacture must be making this crap. They are too thin. I use one to carry my ear pro and other things.
But I see these at academy, wallmart. Basically everyone sells the same one. I

I use the fake 50 Cal ones from Walmart (made in China) to store shit

I would avoid those as the gaskets don't actually work on those (not enough pressure in the locking mech to reliably force the gasket down

those also aren't MAP protected so you can use evike's 25% off coupon. their shipping is pretty expensive and slow though.

If they're D&H they should be gtg

Not if they dont have anti tilt followers. Google magpul followers. They arnt expensive. You just slide the bottom out and replace only the plastic feed lip

This. Are people that post here really this fucking stupid?

>take bag out of cardboard box
>plop it in metal can
>done
I love getting stuff in the mail

every time
here have a (You)

MTM cans will last longer cause they won't rust but they aren't as resilient to impact.
Also, don't bury anything. You need to keep preps on your property readily available.
Put it in your closet or under/behind your furniture.

one of those plastic ABS 55 gall0n sealable drums
metal cans will rust deterioration within weeks or months

>filename contains "XM193"
>greentip

what am I missing here?

Attached: 1523945759609.png (750x750, 38K)

>ammo cans rusting
>in an a/c house
What? Maybe after a 100 years of finger fucking. If you're storing them outside coat them in flex seal, plasti dip, or you know, a thin layer of any paint and they'll be fine.

I'm not knocking innovation or anything like that but nothing has yet to beat the ammo can for ammo storage. It's almost like they were designed to be handled and reused in rough conditions dozens of times.

Bury your ammo in the berm and you'll never need to worry again.

>burying an ammo can
>in an a/c house
He's talking about burying them in the dirt.

If you're outside US yes
If you live in burger ville it's free
You don't need 25% off a $15 box
Buy an expensive airsoft gun to justify the shipping fees
Airsoft is great combat training, better than shooting non moving paper targets

>put it in your closet or under/behind your furniture
Clearly not.

And my point of plastic dip/flex seal still stands if the author of that post is a moron.