Poison Bullets

So I'm reading a murder mystery novel of sorts and the idea of poison bullets was briefly brought up.
The idea is that you would drill a hole in a bullet or use a hollow point to hold the poison and then use wax to seal it up.
Would it really be possible for the wax to survive the force of being shot?
It seems possible but unlikely. The wax has no direct force being applied to it (inb4 a physics lesson) and if a wax slug can survive being shot, why not this?
But it seems like such an unlikely plan that it would not be practical and also the issue of it never being proven to work. And also making sure the target died. And also the "why" factor.
Just seemed very interesting.

Do you think it could work?

Attached: murder mystery novel.jpg (307x483, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/1973/11/10/archives/bullets-that-killed-oakland-educator-contained-cyanide-bullets-with.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian_umbrella
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>poison bullets
no such thing, and here's why
why not simply kill your fucking target with standard ammunition?

You can only shoot them once.
And if you could just shoot them multiple times is not the point. Whether or not it could work is the point.

You would need a very hard plastic, not wax, however, bullets are already "poisonous" as they are made of lead

Bullets and poison are trying to solve the same problem: someone needs to die.
Poison is the choice when an inconspicuous death is needed, and getting shot is not inconspicuous. Bullets are also plenty lethal enough on their own, so using poison on a bullet is pretty irrelevant unless you're shooting from an extreme distance, and praying you can strike the target anywhere, not just in vital spots.

The Symbionese Liberation Army apparently tried them out, one target died but one survived. Now, would the dead victim have lived if they'd been regular hollowpoints? That's the question.

nytimes.com/1973/11/10/archives/bullets-that-killed-oakland-educator-contained-cyanide-bullets-with.html

Most bullets aren't made of lead anymore. At least Federal HSTs don't (at least I'm pretty sure).
But the point is something more fast acting and more potent.

A large amount of fentanyl delivered in a non lethal gun shot would be lethal, assuming it works.

Huh. Thanks. From what I've heard fentanyl is cheaper and much more deadly than cyanide. Maybe it would've been more successful if they used it instead (and had access to it).
But I don't really have any clue.

and it doesn't have to be a traditional firearm to utilize poison
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian_umbrella

Paintball gun but the paintball is filled with Lofentanil-DMSO.

bullets travel very fast, and very hot.
The poison will likely not be able to make the journey from barrel to target.

>and the idea of poison bullets was briefly brought up.
by briefly brought up, was it immediately dismissed in-universe or something? Because it should be. Unless it's a fantasy setting, it's an insult to the readers to introduce such an illogical factor into the mystery.

When the nazis tested out which poisons would get them the best bang for their buck, what they'd do is take a person, shoot them with a bullet that had it in it, patch the person up then observe and record the effects over a few hours. We read a few of their logs in History class.

what if we made bullets out of radioactive material and used a lead jacket?

What if I told you that bullets were already bad for your insides?

Attached: 91835f6.jpg (968x528, 51K)

You read first hand german language documents in History class?

>no such thing
7N6

I don't think a thin lead jacket would be enough to contain it.

What if I told you that the majority of people shot with handgun rounds not filled with fentanyl survive?

I'm not that user, but we studied that kind of thing in my American history class. The teacher was very serious about studying firsthand sources rather than just relying on a textbook which is someone else's interpretation of the data and could be biased. We looked at colonial US stuff in addition to Spanish and French for that time period. When we got to WWI and WWII German was added to. Jap too. We weren't expected to translate it ourselves; we were given the original documents and a translation.

Perhaps in your novel the villian or protagonist could carry a fake cop badge. Normies tend to obey those they think are law enforcement. Maybe a detective badge on a necklace. Used in a lot of movies.

>Would it really be possible for the wax to survive the force of being shot?
Easily.

>why not simply kill your fucking target with standard ammunition?
Because you risk the chance of them surviving. Most gunshot victims survive.

>bullets are already "poisonous" as they are made of lead
Lead poisoning is a thing, but it's extremely slow, and it's treatable. It's pretty much useless if you just want to off someone.

>Most bullets aren't made of lead anymore.
Nonsense, not that it matters anyway.

>From what I've heard fentanyl is cheaper and much more deadly than cyanide
Look up carfentanyl; that's much much stronger

>bullets travel very fast, and very hot.
>The poison will likely not be able to make the journey from barrel to target.
Not a concern. Plenty of modern bullets have plastic tips; those survive the heat of firing just fine. You can also watch Taufledermaus on youtube; they have stacks of high-speeed videos of various improvised projectiles being fired, many of which include plastic or similar non-metal components and they survive just fine too. And, they're doing it with shotguns shooting at far higher velocities than a standard handgun.

Gonna be a great legal case when OP shoots someone with a bullet loaded with a narcotic

I think that in the novel The Fourth Protocol the Russian agent uses hollowpoints where there's a gelled ballistic tip filled with the poison. No idea how you'd make a tip stiff enough that would survive the firing but also soft enough to rupture on impact.

Attached: ballistictip.jpg (504x442, 12K)

It doesn't need to be especially strong or tough to survive firing.

The only decent way this has been done is with medical grade radioactive minerals fashioned into a tiny pellet so it could be delivered with a concealed air gun. Any other permutation of a poison bullet is retarded. It's like filling a MOAB with nails "just in case" someone survived the original 11 tons of dynamite exploding.

>>ricin is radioactive
When you're this stupid, why should we listen to anything you say?

As long as the bullet itself provided the container it should be fine.
The hard part comes when you try to make the bullet itself out of the fragile material, and it has to withstand the pressure and engaging the rifling like all the attempts at making Ice bullets.
I think he's conflating the assassinations of Markov (airgun, pellet) and Litvinenko (polonium)