80% lower

I dont want to fuck with FFL garbage and an 80% lower is peak roleplaying kit. I dont think i know anyone with the jig (picture) or I'd just do it. Is there a way to find someone who will drill it for me or should I bite the ~$150 bullet and get the jig and drill for everyone else.

Attached: jig.png (1198x1010, 1.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

atf.gov/resource-center/docs/0501-firearms-top-10-qaspdf/download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is there a way to find someone who will drill it for me
Yes, call (800) 800-3855, and I'm sure they'll hook you up with someone local who can help.

First, stop being poor. Second, this sounds like one of those gray areas the ATF likes to rape people in.

Its 100% legal to make your own gun from scratch, this way you 'build' the only FFL part from 'scratch' and you can have the rest of the gun delibered

If you do not know how a basic handrill works you should not own a gun, let alone try to build one.

what part of my post indicated i couldnt use a drill u old fuckin man

>hurdur I can't do it myself I want someone else to do it for me

It's literally 45 minutes of work or less do it yourself dumbass

Attached: 1561559193759.jpg (658x662, 51K)

holy shit u retard

I just dont want to buy the jig

I mean the part about making them for other people or having someone make it for you.

You are arguing a mute point with no actual resolve because you have neither the skill or competence to put together anything.

The only way you are going to get a homemade jig made to those specifications are by a cnc machine, which I doubt you even know what that is.

Buy the fucking jig and drill.

can u even read, why the fuck would i make the jig. Would be 10x harder than just drilling the receiver without one.

i advise u to stop posting

You can 3d print a jig. Though it will be much softer than aluminum so it's more of a coloring line.

i didnt really think about that but yeah youre right, making them for others is probably very gray

It's not gray. One CANNOT make 80%s into firearms for someone else w/o a manufacturing FFL.

I think certain companies sell plastic jigs too. You might have to dig a bit deeper than normal, though. Another thing you can do is use a paper and glue method to find where you need to drill. And for fucks sake, always put the work in a vice. Last time I free-handed, the bit ripped my finger nail out.

The rest is just getting the correct depth to drill, proper bits (carbide preferred), a dremel, and a handful of good router bits. I prefer polymer to start out, but aluminum is more authentic Imo

Have fun, crypto bro

Naw its not that gray. atf.gov/resource-center/docs/0501-firearms-top-10-qaspdf/download

don't do this
I did this for the fcg holes and safety holes and they all ended up off, even though the printed holes were spot on, I caliper measured like 4 times. I ended up having to file the fcg holes slightly oversize to even get a pin through, then put in a drop-in trigger so that it would actually work.

Although maybe a drill press would have worked better. At that point you can just measure and drill straight through though.

Ok, lots of good info i appreciate it guys.

Currently thinking I might try to measure it out and print on the drill patterns. I'll post here again when i fuck it up completely.

After that I'll do a third party jig

Attached: art_522pic21.jpg (300x220, 20K)

Just a heads up you will also need a vice and a router and a drill press makes it 10000000000x easier. A hand drill will work but its absolute ass and you get better results with the drill press. Laws in play you can't finish it or have someone finish it for you but what you decide to do is up to you. First time with a hand drill it to me 2-3 hours to complete with a hand drill, 45-60 mins with a drill press.

Can't finish it for someone else or have someone finish it for you*

Also if you're going to get the 80% arms jig, get the gen 2 its so much more easier and better.

>Its 100% legal to make your own gun
Ever since I made a wish account, I've been able to find my doggo very quickly. All I have to do is grab wire cutters and a clothes hanger and follow the laser lights.

For the non atf in this thread, it isn't cheaper to mill your own receiver. Don't do it because you are saving money, do it because it's fun. Do it because "too many guns" is a made up problem and actually means "too much freedom". Do it because you are competent enough to change your own oil and you use a hammer to drive a nail instead of a shoe. Or don't, I really don't have any vested interest in your life.

>I just dont want to buy the jig
If you are highly skilled at using tools you don't even need the jig.
If you are moderately skilled with using tools you'd make the jig first, then use the jig to finish the work.

>Although maybe a drill press would have worked better.
Gee, you think? You proably didn't even think to put drill bushings in your plastic jig either, did you? You just expected the plastic to keep the bit straight, right?

You can do it on a drill press but it's not good for your drill press, and fucks your Morse taper surfaces and forces you to buy a new chuck if you fuck it up.

If you could find an idiot that thinks it's worth risking his fingers and drill press

Or has a mill and is willing to manually mill a lower for you for only $50 then I would take him up on it.

Because his endmill is likely 3x that price

Or will go through enough drill bits and cutting fluid and long term damage to his drill press (which aren't cheap) that he'd be making less than min wage

Jesus fuck, does nobody now how to do basic metalwork anymore? You can do this with hand tools:

1) acquire aluminum, plastic, or even hardwood to make your jig
2) dykem, scribe lines to locate holes on jig.
3) center punch holes, drill them oversize to accomodate bushings. If you don't have a drill press, use a guide to drill the holes straight.
4)insert drill bushings into jig. drill bushings are cheap and available from a large number of industrial suppliers. I like McMaster-Carr. If you want to be extra cheap you could even re-use the bushing, moving it from hole-to-hole after you've drilled each one.
5)use your jig to drill your receiver.

Removing shop class from high school was a mistake.

Theres several router based jigs they are the way to go. I have done 5 on a drill press it works but is not the best.

>Jesus fuck, does nobody now how to do basic metalwork anymore?

no. people know how to play video games and phone-worship instead

Haha it's not that hard just buy a Bridgeport mill

Do you want everyone involved to be arrested?
Either find somebody to do it for you in secret or buy the jig and a router.

Is it legal to make an 80% AR then give it to a friend a year later as a gift or are you just not allowed to give them to other people at all?

I know that many people might think that is absurd, but if you are into firearm DIY hobby stuff a mill is an amazingly useful too. A lathe is too. They cost an arm and a leg new (unless you're buying Chinesium), but you can get killer deals on used equipment, which is nearly always better anyway.

I got a Kearney & Trecker rotary head mill from a surplus auction for only $2000. It came from a Pratt & Whitney R&D shop and is in amazingly good condition. More than double the weight of a Bridgeport, ways are much more heavy duty, and it has the rotary feature too. Shop around.

is this a based schizo post?

>give it to a friend
Legal
>give to many friends without an FFL license
Illegal

As long as your not manufacturing firearms for sale, then you are fine.
To protect yourself legally. You and and your friend need to sign a transfer of ownership paper. Just google and print it online. This needs to be done! Also, dont give to any friend with a felony.

Do the polymer 80 v3 lower. It comes with the jig and bits for $75

Mcmaster-carr drill bushings more than you'd.get.paid to do a lower

The kike radiating part that indicates you cannot work with any tool associated with a trade. (Aversion to an honest day of work)

>80% lower is peak roleplaying kit.
dont worry. they'll be illegal soon enough

No, you dumbass. 80% is legally not a firearm. It's just a chunk of metal in the eyes of the law. You don't need to sign paperwork to give someone a rock, why the fuck would you need to in this case?

Any more than that though and then you need to think about private sales and FFL status which can vary by state (private sales) or have federal crime ramifications (FFL).

Just get the polymer80 kit its cheap and faster

>I dont want to fuck with FFL garbage
It's a 1 minute phone call, a 10 minute car ride and checking a dozen or so boxes on a piece of paper.

>but milling an 80% lower is just fine
It's about 2 hours solid of fucking around with a drill and an end mill, and that's if you've done it before and don't cock it up so badly that you need to order a new one and start over from the beginning. If you don't have the tools or a jig, then it's going to be well over $150 to set up your shop appropriately to do the work.

>Its 100% legal to make your own gun from scratch
Not if he's a felon.

>You are arguing a mute point
It's *moot point.

>can u even read
You are both barely literate retards.

>You NEED to make a paper trail so the cops can get both of you once they ban guns
No you fucking don't.

I dont own an AR yet but I have an 80% lower I've been waiting to mill out. The only other real firearm I own is a Glock 19. Should I build an AR-9 with a pistol brace or should I build a regular AR chambered in 5.56?

Attached: 1561920487424.png (500x500, 150K)

>45 minutes of work
With a hand drill no.

Regular ar15 first so you have parts easily sourced. Then special variations for fun.

A drill bushing is less than $5.
What does "getting paid" have to do with any of this? I don't think anyone mentioned doing this for profit.

user said "Is it legal to make an 80% AR "
I assume by "MAKE" user means to build an 80% reciver into a functioning AR. At that point it is a firearm, and not just a hunk of plastic under the law.

Modulus Arms flat top jig. It requires a vice and router. You're not going to save money but fuck the government.
I'm glad I got all mine built before online sales tax.
Happy Independence Day, Goyim

Attached: IMG_20190510_152542.jpg (1569x1609, 746K)

>stop being poor
/thread

You fucking dumbass. He said he wants to make a 80% lower for a friend. Milling it out, makes it a firearm.
My last FFL fee was $25
Thats money that could have gone to equipment.
That paper says to the cops you are not involved when that dumbass robs a liquor store with it.
And yes it has happened to anons on here. Literally everyone selling guns in personal ads state they want a transfer paper signed. It protects the seller.

>I dont want to fuck with FFL garbage

por que?

>order lower
>shipped to pre-approved FFL on file with the manufacturer
>show up at FFL when tracking info tells you it's delivered
>pay $5 fee, fill out 4473, wait ten minutes
>walk out with gun

are basic social interactions too painful for you?

>spends $1,000+ on rifle
>whines about $25 fee

what a curious race your people are

>$5 fee
No gunz liar. No where is $5. The lowest ive paid is 10. And the highest 30.
Add that up enough times and a 80% becomes more realistic. Plus, how are they tracing 80% owners. You literally have to give all of your info to pass a current NICS check.

>spends $1,000+ on rifle
>whines about $25 fee

$280 for a psa rifle kit
$30 for receiver or $40 for 80% paperweight
Obviously $1000+ or at least close to it
Math, not even once.

I live behind enemy lines so the mandatory $35 DROS is buttressed by a shitstorm of other infringing costs. Very few of my firearms aren't homemade. A jig and router quickly became the cheaper route. For those living in an unoccupied part of the US only wanting one or two AR rifles, homemade will be a more expensive route.

Nice flag but that AR is gross looking.

If your in Mn or northern Wisconsin I got a jig and router you can access. Just milled out two yesterday. If not I reccomend the 5d tactical router jig pro and a dewalt dw611 router. You’ll sing about 500 into it, but it’s worth it after your 4th or 5th lower and if you have 2 or 3 gunfrens who will go in with you it’s quite reasonable.

Fact check: true

Would a lgs be able to manufacture 80% lowers with a FFL manufacturer license or is a standard ok. I'm trying to figure out possible routes for a lgs business. I just want to build ars' to sell.

I know but it's my basic bitch. I have a mil spec upper sitting in the parts bin but l like the way this one fits flush on my cheap rail.

Attached: IMG_20190214_081458.jpg (2592x1484, 729K)

This is an area where I rape the ATF in.

Attached: 1556754407419.gif (250x250, 3.88M)

You need a Type 07 FFL to manufacture firearms. Basically only manufacturers and gunsmiths can built it for someone else. Everyone else has to either purchase it (and file a 4473 on every new gun) or manufacture it themselves. (Research Polymer80, Matrix Precision, JSD Supply, and a bevy of AR and 1911 paperweight manufacturers.)

Doing it for someone = manufacturing
Letting someone come over and use your tools = grey area.
My local gunshop just went ahead did the paperwork to be a manufacturer because there were too many questions about saturday workshops needing paperwork or serials. The vagueness and reversals from the ATF have killed anything resembling build parties at your buddies garage. There was a point even small town craigslists had notices for an AK or 80% weekend. There's the god of MP5 and G3 clones hiding somewhere near Hilton Head that just closed up shop instead of risking his retirement just incase PSA or some nosey neighbor decided to report him.

dont listen to him the gun looks clean :)

ok retard

Maybe he's rich but documented crazy, or a felon. You don't know.