American here - is the British army more loyal to the monarch or parliament?

American here - is the British army more loyal to the monarch or parliament?
Who would you rather die for?

Attached: Household_cavalry_Hyde_Park.jpg (1280x960, 349K)

I'm ex, but definitely Liz. She and her husband are cool and have done a lot over the years; they are relics of a better country. The Crown is, at the moment and hopefully in the future, part of the 'old England' which I will cautiously support as a whole. Basically, as it is now, it does not represent the progressive, modernising, urban, globalist forces which have been destroying the country.

Authoritarianism has always been a growing problem in the British Isle, and it always seems to be completely aligned with what I hate; for example Enclosure, the destruction of traditional landscape/way of life in rural Britain by taking away common rights of every day people. Part of the reason I left the Army was I would not fight for the British government, I mean look at what they do to us. Of course, I was a stupid child when I joined and didn't see that. For that matter I would not fight for modern British society or culture, by and large.

But really I would not fight or support any state or organisation which didn't align itself incredibly closely with my ideals and desires, which is not likely to happen. I'd fight for myself, my family and my friends. I'm not a nationalist or a patriot.

>Basically, as it is now, it does not represent the progressive, modernising, urban, globalist forces which have been destroying the country.
They're in the best possible position to stop it and yet for 70 years they've done nothing. Do you really think they oppose it?

how is the house of windsor not progressive? she supports weapon bans, welfare, immigration, the next in line makes weird public statements about how awesome it would be for his son to be a homosexual, and his brother has jungle fever.

The british are so demoralized and desensitized to the state of their nation that I imagine your average soldier's loyalty lies most closely to his paycheck. The bulk of non-infantry probably find the idea of abject patriotism offensive.

I don't know why anyone would be proud of the royal family at this point.

Attached: 1523847122607.jpg (866x650, 96K)

They are loyal to the Caliph Sadiq Khan

The Crown, and it's not even close.

I'm Canadian, and it's the same:

The soveriegn is the Supreme Commander of the armed forces.

The standards of the armed forces are that of the sovereign - the Queen's Regulations and Orders, and commissions are granted by the Queen and signed for on her behalf by the Governor General.

Text below, related:

>ELIZABETH THE SECOND, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom, Canada and Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith

>To ........ .........

>hereby appointed an Officer in Her Majesty's Canadian Armed Forces

>With Seniority of the .... day of ......... ....

>WE reposing especial Trust and Confidence in your Loyalty, Courage and Integrity do by these Presents Constitute and Appoint you to be an Officer in our Canadian Armed Forces.

>You are therefore carefully and diligently to discharge your Duty as such in the Rank of .............. or in such other Rank as We may from time to time hereafter be pleased to promote or appoint you to, and you are in such manner and on such occasions as may be prescribed by us to exercise and well discipline both the Inferior Officers and Non-Commissioned Members serving under you and use your best endeavour to keep them in good Order and Discipline, and We do hereby Command them to Obey you as their Superior Officer, and you to observe and follow such Orders and Directions as from time to time you shall receive from Us, or any other your Superior Officer according to Law, in pursuance of the Trust hereby Reposed in you.

>IN WITNESS Whereof our Governor General of Canada hath hereunto set her hand and Seal at Our Government House in the City of Ottawa this .... day of .......... in the Year of our Lord ................... and in the .... Year of Our Reign.

>By Command of Her Excellency the Governor General

>The Crown, and it's not even close.
>I'm Canadian, and it's the same:
>The soveriegn is the Supreme Commander of the armed forces.

This is why Canada isn't a real country. You're not sovereign in any meaningful sense of the word. Pathetic.

I mean, feel free to try and ridicule it, guy that places unfailing faith in, and believes in the infallibilty of a piece of parchment written ~250 years ago.

Like that somehow makes more sense than a modern Constitutional Monarchy.

People in glass houses...

God the Brit brain is a mess

>Organizing your country according to a document that clearly lays the foundations for the legal order, separates powers and can be changed or amended through a legislative procedure makes more sense than swearing fealty to a monarch who lives an ocean away and has the ability to dissolve your parliament
LMAO ok cuck

My issue isn't with Constitutional Monarchy as a concept, its with your particular execution of it. You swear allegiance to some random German noble house that has absolutely no connection to the land. You willingly submit yourselves to the authority of someone with no ability to enforce it. Your organizing principle is submission to foreign authority.

The British are the most cucked race in existence

Attached: 1562194584889m.jpg (1024x971, 145K)

That's only because you don't understand it.

The Crown is the reason Canada is a country, going back to the original exploration and settlement.

The living embodiment of the Crown has a connection to the land.

And it's not a foreign authority:

Elizabeth the Second is the Queen of Canada.

It is separate and independent of the British Crown or anything else in the Commonwealth.

Related below:

>New Canadians swear allegiance to The Queen, so do Members of Parliament and the Legislatures, military and police officers.

>We do not swear allegiance to a piece of cloth (office), a document (a constitution) or a political entity. Rather we swear allegiance to a person who embodies all these as well as our collective values as a people.

>The Crown is the reason Canada is a country, going back to the original exploration and settlement.
Maybe the French Crown. Canada as we understand it and as it exists today exists in defiance of the republican spirit.

>Rather we swear allegiance to a person who embodies all these as well as our collective values as a people.
What collective value is that, submission to German nobility? Maybe unlimited Muslim immigration? How about the French Language and Catholic Church, how does she feel about them?

>we swear allegiance to a person who embodies all these as well as our collective values as a people.
>Queen Elizabeth
jesus christ

the monarch can dissolve parliament

Not anymore. Dumb bitch relinquished that power about 4 years ago.

I don’t think that was her doing

>Who would you rather die for?
fish & chips

The last time the crown tried to assert itself the parliament organised a fucking foreign invasion. It was 1688.
Never since has the crown had anything like the power of a typical royal.

>Implying he's a Brit and not a larper

Parliament is organizing a foreign invasion right now.

>I'd rather obey some random cunt because she wears a crown than the democratically elected representatives of my people
Is this really what bongs think?

Nobody voted for our current prime minister either. Shit's fucked on every level.

This, it’s like saying a Californian Democrat was fairly and democratically elected.

>Nobody voted for our current prime minister either
ok retard

Given those stupid scumbag recruitment ads, the army can fuck off.
Although when asked what has the royal family done, apparently"close air support" isn't an acceptable answer.

>Given those stupid scumbag recruitment ads

The ones that increased the number of people applying to join?

Bump

The absolute state of the Anglo people that still live in the United Kingdom

Attached: 1521328544213.jpg (781x1200, 290K)

>democratically elected representative
You mean
>some random cunt with a paper

I serve in a european country. I'm loyal to the west and to my family.

>When you hate nationalism so much, your villains actually begin to make sense

Ha too right