Jow Forums related video games

What have you been playing lately Jow Forums?

Secondary question - what are some essential single player vidya from 2010 onwards? Any good ARMA mods/custom campaigns that are immersive and fun for soloing?

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZiSTywA6fHY

Attached: skxr3shn34lgfepti5pxhynfssmxbdmj_00.jpg (400x320, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Army:_Rise_of_a_Soldier
youtube.com/watch?v=mMBsc1nSI0M
pastebin.com/6ZXd79Hh
youtube.com/watch?v=bH1lHCirCGI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

R6 siege, it's unrealistic but fun to mag dump walls and shit. Just mute all chat it's like 9 year olds loving the gimmick shit like yellow sunglasses and they keep yelling shit like "mozzie!!!" Which is an fmx character that appeals soley to them

>r6 siege
It’s fun, but I’m growing more and more bored and frustrated with it. It’s becoming too complicated and the engine itself is dying while ubi is trying to squeeze out as much money out of it as they can

>RS2: Vietnam
Based game, good community, enough of a learning curve to make it playable for a long time, but accessible enough to pick it up. I really enjoy this one, but there are a lot of bs deaths and if you don’t have a good commander or SLs that know what they are doing you are up shit creek

>Squad
I’ve been enjoying this more as I’m getting over the learning curve. A smaller, but friendlier playerbase than RS2, you can hop in games and have a role and do it well and your team can succeed. You NEED a mic and the ability to communicate effectively, don’t take any special roles until you are very familiar with the game and the map you’re playing on. The base building is kinda sucky and Medic is OP right now, I hope they nerf it

>arma 3
It’s just too much for me. I understand it’s a simulation game but it’s just really annoying and the learning curve is like a cliff face. I say stick with squad and RS2 Vietnam.

Also the RS2 devs are making a Cold War shooter in the same style as it and I’m excited for it

Attached: 3D182DE3-A69D-4F29-AFDF-A4EA0B1BC7EA.jpg (1040x750, 290K)

The Last of Us

BEST

GAME

OF ALL TIME

Attached: vault.jpg (960x1706, 472K)

I wanna be your sledgehammer.

This will be my testimony.

Why don't you call my name?

Why don't you call my name?

[spoiler]OWWWWWWWW![/spoiler]

Attached: baron1.png (1920x1034, 1.98M)

Arma 3 for an hour or two every week. Nothing really compares if you have enough time invested to be able to work in the editor and use a boat load of mods.

Attached: download (4).jpg (2048x857, 677K)

Steel division and empire tw

Wasn't Arma that game that the army was giving out circa 2004 trying to get people to sign up and fight in Afghanistan? I remember that shit from high school

the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series
very based, no blacks,no fags and no woman
fun for the entire family

Attached: images (18).jpg (512x598, 48K)

>no fags
doubt

> No fags

Lol I've seen stalker threads here dating back to 2010

IT'S ALL FAGS

Blackhawk Down and Team Sabre. I forgot how fun FPS games can be. The individual Skinny isn't hard to waste, but the technical gunners, emplaced MGs, RPGs constantly fuck me up the moment I get too comfortable. I would love a modern Black Hawk Down game but you know shooting niggers would be too taboo.

No, that's America's army

In 2005 this game was released.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America's_Army:_Rise_of_a_Soldier

To this day I think its still the best console Shooter. The story was surprisingly captivating, the mechanics was solid, no game breaking glitches besides a very rare Inventory freeze, authentic weapons resulting in very satisfying gunplay (still the only non simulator game I know of that portrays the M203 correctly, nothing else comes close). The AI will fuck you up too. Passing the Sniper School mission was also a son of a bitch. This is the game that taught me to acquire my targets first before aiming. Fucked me up for arcade shooters for a while though because I also stopped aiming for the head.

Most importantly it is also one of the few games that has the correct iron sight model when aiming. The blurry rear sights and focused front. It blows my mind games still cant get it right and how the Army really nailed this game with excellent attention to detail.

Shit yeah I remember that. Handing discs out and shit from the high school recruiting office they setup shortly after 9/11

I've been playing Insurgency (not Sandstorm), Syrian Warfare (RTS), and ArmA III with mods.

For ArmA, I like the 2035 faction mods since they fit in well with the vanilla maps are simple, clean, and easy to download. Like Russian 2035, Malden Defense Force 2035, and United Nations 2035. I've been working on 3-part mini campaigns for each of them but have been away from PC for America Day this week. You can try out Dynamic Recon Ops, Dynamic Combat Ops, Dynamic Bulwarks, TGRM2 for solo content.

mordhau

been playing borderlands because I heard there's lots of guns in it, it's painfully not Jow Forums however with all the guns being hollywood prop tier.

Obligatory mention of Rising Storm 2

Arma 3 with a good group is unmatched in how good it is. Two years ago I consistently played biweekly multihour runs of a persistent jagged alliance style campaign in it, had a bunch of cool scripts and I can't imagine how much of a nightmare it was for the admin to run. Eventually it died off just because it was too much of a commitment for people but it still has some of my best gaming memories.

Mainly been playing Project Zomboid but just checked out the Xen Technical Beta for Black Mesa which gave me initiative to run through a few more chapters...
>Tfw you take four hours to get through three maps that would normally only take 20 minutes to navigate
I wanted to make it last for as long as possible while I continue waiting for the finished game. Plus I enjoy the level of detail they've put into it. Too bad it's taken them so long that the graphics are already just kinda 'meh' for all the effort. Also I hate that they went with the old school 'gotta go fast!' full arcade/retard gunplay. I wish the weapons handled like in Insurgency and weren't fixed to the camera. Also sucks that there's no VR support... again, they took too goddamn long and are using a tired out game engine. Seeing Xen in VR would have me nut. I think the finished game is going to lack polish, as there's still plenty of bugs which is kind of hard to believe given it's been like six goddamn years in development. It's been four years since one of the devs said they would fix the 'WALK' feature and they still haven't touched that shit.

I regret buying Insurgency: Sandstorm, shit is a disappointing snoozefest to me. Already bored of the limited selection of maps, shitty interface, and I'm tired of the random performance hiccups.

Attached: 20190630062108_1.jpg (1920x1080, 340K)

it's a shit game. RO and RS are complete shit. Neat ideas, but ultimate failures because the gameplay is so cringe.

Arma is ten times better

My friends are on the RS6:RS box art, inside the cover flap.
Fnast
VEGAS(is/was a clan, not just a single person)
O6(is a clan)
And some others I am forgetting.
Fuck I miss MSNZone gaming.

It's pretty damn good. Simulation, especially with mods, down to ballistics for different cartridges, 0.1 Mil adjustments on scopes, actually doping your scope and rifle for your loads, armor simulation. So good, even just making quick single player with AI scenarios. Coop missions with a buddy being JTAC and another being CAS is amazing too.

Attached: 2342wfsdfsdf.jpg (2048x857, 1.01M)

the multiplayer is thoroughly Jow Forums
post apocalypse bandit skirmishes
single player is gay though

RS3 is fucking goat.

that pic reminds me of playing the delta force games. played endless hours of 2 and also blackhawk down. good times.

Ghost recon wildlands, for a mediocre watered down operator experience. I recommend playing Extreme no hud.

Squad for mil-sim armchair general gameplay/ridiculous meme gameplay. Easy to get into yet accurate and fun.

SWAT, but its old.

Wouldnt recommend r6siege honestly. I was the highest rank in seasons 1 and 2 but the game fell apart and just became frustrating, not fun

>purple haired dyke female operators with magic tier special moves and silly weapons
>Jow Forums

Jesus Christ.

dont you fucking talk abut my gf like that or ill beat the shit out of you

The fuck is this even supposed to me mean my discord tranny friend? You're here telling us to play siege. The faggiest fucking SJW normie game out there right now.

Hell let loose is great. Its squad in world war 2 and it puts post scriptum to shame.

Go home GI, I kill you GI

Attached: ss_51c0c24d657cdba08879c7aee06ab9f85c26f2d3.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.86M)

This is gonna sound weird, but Rimworld with mods. +100 guns, weapon loadouts, clothing/gear, Fun damage system. It sort of scratches that Jagged Alliance itch that I've got.

Attached: Rimworld.jpg (1920x1080, 349K)

Attached: runyoutribalcunts.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

Attached: getoutofherestalker2.jpg (695x556, 47K)

Attached: 552_1775.jpg (1024x768, 94K)

7.62 High Calibre with Bsm + mercpocalypse
Modded New Vegas
Doorkickers
Rainbow Six '98
Ghost Recon 2001

did you really just say the gameplay in ArmA is better than RS2?

You might have some autism there, chief. Sure, ArmA is more realistic, it's a fucking simulator. It's also like driving a Ford Model T. It's cool as fuck, but in the end it's a simulator. RS2, on the other hand, is an Unreal Engine based realism shooter. Not a Simulator. It's a GAME meant to be played. You're comparing apples and oranges.

I built my current PC to play ArmA 3 and after Apex I gave up on that game. It's just too clunky. Every server has it's own set of bullshit 50gb of extra mods you have to download to have any kind of meaningful experience in the game, nobody plays vanilla. Meanwhile, I can turn on RS2, click on a server, if ther's custom content it downloads in a few seconds and boom I'm in. Sure there are launchers and shit that are out for ArmA 3 now that make the process a bit simpler but that's not stuff that shipped with the game on launch. And to top it all off, It's still a worse game than ArmA 2. Bohemia needs to get their heads out of their ass and streamline the shit out of their franchise. I respect their support for the modding community, truly, but they rely way too much on it. Perhaps even more than Bethesda does. Even the ShackTac guys are slowly moving away from the franchise, it's just not got the same charm now that it did 10 years ago.

Attached: 1328330192087.jpg (1500x1000, 424K)

Attached: swat4picture.jpg (639x361, 33K)

that game was great.

youtube.com/watch?v=mMBsc1nSI0M
I'm sad I never played more than the demo for that game. Enjoyed the shit outta that demo.

how is rimworld similar to jagged alliance 2?

Swat 4 is prob the best game to play with friends and its one of the last good tactical shooters that came out. Shame that the rainbow six series turned into casual console trash and the swat series died. Thank God that Gog exists because before that, you were only able to play Swat 4 if you had the physical copy. I wish there was more anons that play swat 4 so we can have a server.

Attached: w1ranger.gif (384x336, 124K)

doorkickers 2 whenever it comes out gonna be great. maybe in 5 years or never though

Post it every goddamn time, because it's true every goddamn time. If ever there was a game that needed a sequel...

Attached: wallpaper_world_in_conflict_soviet_assault_03_2560x1600.jpg (1200x750, 403K)

Take it to /v/, you fucking virgin. Games aren't Jow Forums and never will be. Quit wasting your time and get a real hobby.

/v/ quite literally doesn't discuss video games unless its smash related or whatever fag fotm game like forknife

/v/ is just filled with shitty racebaiting twitter screen cap threads and smashthreads. Every other board is better when it comes to talking about anything video game related.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. Fuckin based game.

Attached: z4fr1l3nml331.jpg (1008x1008, 96K)

>not one mention of Escape from Tarkov
=(

swat 4 is goat
perfect balance of simulation and arcade; great fun with pals (don't forget to download funny skins)

Attached: teamcustom2.png (1097x617, 939K)

Jagged alliance 2

Yikes!

Attached: Screenshot_209.png (1920x1080, 1.53M)

I've been playing lots of Rainbow Six 3 since I bought it a few days ago from the steam sales. There's still an online community and plenty of good mods and tons of maps. You can get it for free though. I recommend the Elite Counter Terror mod and the Zombies mod off moddb. I love this game.

for free copy with updated multiplayer:
pastebin.com/6ZXd79Hh

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

Gaaayy

The most Jow Forums game will always be STALKER

Are there still running servers for swat 4?

my guy

ive been playing for the past two weeks straight since i bought it, one of the hardest and more rewarding games ive played

I gotta install that shit again

Are you ready for swat 5?
Or not?

Attached: C_ep9jyXsAAC7MJ.jpg (1200x675, 73K)

Division 2 is fun but you have to treat it like a GI Joe game (because that's what it essentially is)

Attached: 1562061929911.png (1300x1080, 2.24M)

United States Space Force simulator

Attached: Space shuttle gunner simulator.png (300x168, 84K)

I want to say dayz with mods, pretty much boogaloo simulator with zombies but it's still needs polishing as a game overall.
Arma 3 and STALKER though is the main pick.

>Based Burned Boy or BTFO

Attached: 1561670834954.jpg (1080x508, 55K)

Attached: church1.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

WASTE THAT CHARLIE BEFORE HE WASTES US

Attached: z2wX7xoovezeDHWdvnhjoj-480-80.jpg (480x269, 31K)

Operating: the game
Also gun customization is cool

Attached: metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-goggles-i24807.jpg (400x600, 88K)

Tango down. Based game.

/v/ is the only board where I'm 100% certain 8/10 posters I'm talking to are still in highschool.

R6 is installed but Icdont play it anymore. kinnda boring. Tarkov is frozen umtill next update. Arma is a no go. I played Doorkickers again yesterday.

Did another run of Marauder: Man of Prey. It's clunky slavshit but I had a lot more fun with it compared to their previous game 7.62 High Calibre. Have to find obscure fixes in the steam forums for some weapon bugs like the grenade launchers but overall an excellent experience.
>dropping hand grenades out of the apartment windows on angry russian rioters at the entrance to the building trying to break in
MY DICK.

Insurgency Sandstorm and Rising Storm Vietnam scratches that itch which is a mid ground between arcade shooters and milsim games like ARMA and Squad.

Depends if I want instant action of the former or if I want the high/low suspense between contact in the latter.

Would you play a tactical shooter set in the original Mirror's Edge universe? (not the shitty futuristic reboot).

Attached: PKcop.png (1920x1080, 1.52M)

I'd rather play as the runner cops similar to Section 9 from GitS

But above all I want Mirror's Edge 2, as in a true sequel

Attached: 1532715411321.webm (800x450, 2.95M)

Arma 3 is a military sandbox, people hype it up to be an uber realistic combat simulation but with out a decent amount of mods you're not in simulator territory. If you're looking for a Vietnam server without unnecessary mods they're there.

>I respect their support for the modding community, truly, but they rely way too much on it.

As some one who's been playing this clunky mess of a franchise for around ten years with the same group I can definitely agree with this. Some of us don't mind the autism of standard A3 infantry controls, (Not being able to climb waist high fences) other members prefer mod such as "Advanced movement", "Advanced Repelling", and "Advanced Urban Repelling" (all of which are feature really that should be present in something touted as a Military Simulation) plus throw in some weapon mods that are a few gigs each, and boom you have a fairly substantial mod list. And since not everybody has the best internet some people can't download ten gigs of NIarms packs, and if the weapon mods become optional and someone doesn't have it installed they can neither hear/see the modded weapons used by other.

Attached: {E-Z} Unsung sucks dick.jpg (1920x1080, 599K)

+1 for Elite Counter Terror mod. It adds a bunch of weapons and neato options that allow you to use both a suppressor and an optic of choice. The only bug I managed to find is that the game crashes when I activate night vision but the mod adds flashlights and NV scopes so its all good.

Raven Shield, with all of its flaws and shortcomings still remains the best operator sim for me simply for the mission format.

Are there still servers for Swat 4 running? I just want to play with some randoms and play some new maps.

Attached: 1560825535448.jpg (400x533, 51K)

I've been playing a lot of Escape Velocity: Nova

its a good battleship simulator

>long range gun platforms pwn everything until the very instant anything else gets into range

>strong fast-attack craft exist

EVN is a very "oh fuck, warfare was solved without me" game

the server is within yourself

HAHAHAHAHAHHA j/k the server is actually your own PC. be the action you want to see

I mean can you even host servers since EA iced gamespy. I remember the multiplayer being fun.

I fooled myself into giving COD WW2 campaign a shot, from an angle of someone who enjoyed all COD campaigns up to BO2 and never played any of the newer ones until this

>some of the worst audio design in a shooter ever, sounds like a movie mix where focus is on dialogue clarity, even MOHAA D-Day scene has ten times intense effects and ambiance than this shit
>weapons sound like BB guns
>game takes control from you every 40 seconds for some cutscene
>health packs except you dont have to find them, you just have to call your buddy to give you some which is retarded
>fighting Germans in Normandy and all I can pick up are PPSHs

Gunplay is kinda not shit and enemy AI is not as braindead as before for what its worth

>I mean can you even host servers
yeah, you can host SWAT4 servers, if you aren't a fucking retard who can relay a few numbers.

>>fighting Germans in Normandy and all I can pick up are PPSHs
one of my buddies picked it up for console and this actually bothered me

i was actually confused as to why i kept getting prompts for picking up a ppsh until i realized that the germans were dropping them. like, what the fuck man

trailer for the new one makes me optimistic

youtube.com/watch?v=bH1lHCirCGI

Shill! Jew! Shill!!

I’m finally getting around to playing Battlefield 1. I picked up a used copy for $6 a few weeks ago.

You'll also get banned for saying nigger by the tranny mods

no, you can port forward though.

>Squad

The only based person in this thread

where are my project reality bros at

ENEMY. SHILKA. 120.

>Tactical shooter

Genre isn't fun

It's headshots and 1 hit kills and it's not at all realistic.

The excuse for shitty game design is they went for realism when people critique "tactical shooters"

But in reality it's a low budget piece of shit

The flagship tactical shooter is ghost recon Wildlands multiplayer and nobody plays it

Arcade shooters are the main culprit behind bringing gun culture to kids, you stick a 50 beowolf AR in COD then the 11 year olds want to build ARs one day

If you make a game fucking boring and dull and scream hurr Durr realisim then fucking produce some jnrealis boring shit they'll just side with gun grabbers

Disappointed nobody has mentioned Ground Branch.

Buggy but perfect for LARPing.

yeah, call me when it's over, which will be 2045 or something

VR Related, I want to say Hotdogs, Handgrenades and Horseshoes.
Its a gun simulator, has over 250 firearms.....
But i can't.
Anton is a reddit Spurg. The guy is the most ADHD Rando piece of shit, and it will be forever Early Access until he just randomly goes "This is version 1"
Plus he constantly talks about not bringing politics into the shooting and how he doesn't want people to shoot against human targets. Shit just watch one of his dev logs he signs out every single one of them with a "Peace" with a high pitched upwards inflection on it.

Onward, Pavlov, Zero Caliber, Actually for sheer weirdness i'd go GORN for being Jow Forums related.
Whats more Jow Forums than tearing the arms off a gladiator and beating him to death?

too much focus on adding more camo patterns, too little focus on new maps or shit to keep people playing

Right here. Smashed some fucking IDF with a car last night on Gaza, giggled like a schoolgirl as I went down in a blaze of rifle and AR fire.

If you want to play the closest thing Doom has to a realistic military sim you owe it to yourself to play Hideous Destructor.

Its the anthitesis of the standard fast paced action Doom offers but its so well put together it becomes addictive on its own right.

Started playing Wargame: Airland Battle and it's fun as fuck to just play a skirmish and since you don't have to fight multiple battles you can just unit and plane spam. I like to play as the us and drop BRRRT on people.

Also squad

>The flagship tactical shooter is ghost recon Wildlands multiplayer and nobody plays it
ironic the siegefaggot also brings up wildlands. easiest way to have your opinion be discarded, faggot.

I would suggest going back to the basics with GOG versions of the original Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six.

I would also look for certain mods to games like Doom and Quake. Also, I unironically enjoy Brutal Doom from time to time.