Shotgun Thread

What 12ga shotgun side-saddle does Jow Forums recommend for a 590A1? Was going to go with the Mesa Tactical aluminum setup but apparently they lose shell retention pretty quickly

Also, shotgun thread

Attached: 01C9739C-D421-4DBE-9E74-C238056E7642.jpg (3581x2012, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AbFJJoCDbcw
dsgarms.com/trade-ins-dsg-7000-0024
blog.suarezinternational.com/2018/04/stakeout-12-ga-versus-level-iiia-vest.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Esstac shotgun cards

Sorry, not a response to the question, just shotgun stuff.

I've got a Benelli Supernova 28" that has been fantastic. It's not anything super special, it's just lighter weight and difficult to short stroke. It's pretty easy to whip around for shooting skeet too.

Attached: image.jpg (2048x1536, 752K)

Buy an 18.5” barrel for it too and you’re g2g

What stock is that? I likey.

CNC Warrior (Bonesteel) Galil-style side folding stock

Run a tac star on mine, works decently so far.

Attached: 20190704_214716.jpg (279x1199, 168K)

>Was going to go with the Mesa Tactical aluminum setup but apparently they lose shell retention pretty quickly

Full stop; best option is the Aridus carrier. It is expensive but it is what everyone wants in a side saddle.
youtube.com/watch?v=AbFJJoCDbcw

Aridus also makes a lot of well thought out shotgun accessories.

Do you know what stock adapter he used? I know about the one used with an ar buffer tube but surely that it self isnt capable of accepting a galil stock.

Attached: 16122839_395066377508999_2307531584196050944_n.jpg (750x750, 159K)

Thanks user

Unless you looked up the wrong model, the one he mentioned to me shows that it came with the adapter for the Mossberg. So yeah its meant for a shotgun. Its called "Galil style" and not "galil" for a reason

Attached: 0712121327s_zpsfdf1dce4.jpg (800x600, 199K)

Mav 88

Attached: 20190704_193742.jpg (4032x3024, 3.97M)

Why do some people feel undergunned with a shotgun?

Yeah, idk. Maybe if it was my bugout gun I'd want some extra ammo. But for homedefense I just stick a few shells in the crotch of my tighty whities and I'm good to go.

>buy strip of velcro with adhesive side
>put on receiver
>get velcro shotgun card
Then you can ever carry extra cards and "reload" your side saddle, and you aren't putting 3rd part pins in your receiver, voiding warranties and such

>low capacity
Modern shooting teaches large and violent volumes of fire to cover to a better place of cover or whatnot
>range
For civvies less of an issue, but still could be a factor
>ammo
Soft armor defeats shotgun rounds
All in all I still quite enjoy a good shotgun, but for some people they decide the above factors(and maybe more) aren't worth it.

>have mounted side saddle
>move through door way all tactical and shit
>move off the x quick. Out of that fatal funnel
>side saddle slams into doorframe
>hear the crunch of sadness
Get a velcro one fren

velcro shotgun cards are better than solid sidesaddles every time. I have SOE cards but there are others.

So I picked up a Mossberg 930 and Remington 597 for $300, did I do good?

Attached: 7BC7F02A-71B9-4EA9-B309-E4323D2DB93A.jpg (4981x1042, 905K)

Slow as fucking balls to reload in the 21st century. Watch the fasted guys in the biz in 3 gun. Slapping a mag in a pistol of rifle is faster than quad loading shells at the speed of light. Aside from thet 9 pellets if .38 is hard to argue with for "take down power" but id rather be fucked by a donkey than forced to fight a modern service rifle with a shot gun.

Sorry yall still hung over from murica day

alcohol is poison, user.

Do they make a mounted side saddle that just has a flat face on it for a Velcro mount? That way I can save the finish on the shotgun, and easily clean and replace the Velcro pad on the flat mount when it gets worn down.

I'm a practical sort of person.
Plan to get a cheap Security 88, throw on the Houge less lethal furniture, and buy some beanbag rounds. Seems like a useful thing to have around. Don't think I've seen anyone on Jow Forums with a less lethal shotgun setup

Because shooting someone with beanbags in a home defense situation is a good way of getting sued into poverty. less-lethal rounds are for riot police and prison guards.

not for HD dummy, just as a tool for its niche purpose

>niche purpose
are you riot police or a prison guard?

>Plan to get a cheap Security 88, throw on the Houge less lethal furniture,
just buy a mossberg. buying a forend assembly so you can swap the forend is almost the price difference

the houge furniture is orange with "less lethal" on it. Mavericks can take 500 furniture. The regular 500 doesn't come with it

>Mavericks can take 500 furniture.
they cant take all furniture out of the box. they come with a one piece forend. some 500s have this forend too.
one piece forend cant be swapped out without replacing the whole thing.
top is a 1 piece.
bottom is what you need to buy if you want to swap forends.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

damn, yeah on the houge page it says you need their slide tube assembly for the 88. $80.
I'll find a used 500 then

alright Jow ForumsI bought a Winchester 1300 defender on an impulse buy. All I know is that it was a police trade in so it probably sat in a crown vic for 25+ years and it looks like its been heavily used. Did i make a good buy?

Extremely good

Is a worn 1958 ithaca 37 in 12 gauge worth 200$? There's one at the fun store, it has some surface rust that can be rubbed off, the front of the barrel is pretty pitted so I was thinking of cutting it to 18 and putting a pistol grip on it.

That's because you don't know how to run shotguns. You're supposed to keep them topped off, not reload them when they're completely empty. And within HD distances, I'd rather have a shotgun than an AR15. The higher 1 shot stop percentage a shotgun gives you means less chances for your home intruder to send a lucky shot your way once you've already mortally wounded him. Now if we're speaking about some sort of SHTF fantasy red-Dawn scenario, then yes, obviously a rifle would be better due to the distances it affords you. But for HD I don't think anyone is undergunned with a a shotgun

>low capacity
That's a battlefield tactic for a military with great logistics, artillery, air support, machine guns, and with a huge supply of ammunition. None of which apply to a civilian or even a cop rather (though you see cops trying to employ this tactic which many times results in innocents being shot and the perp not having been shot once). I'd like to read about one single home defense instance in the history of mankind where a shotgun and every shell in the magazine tube wasn't enough. Don't think we'll find a single one.
>range
Unless someone's house has 75+ yard hallways I think it'll be fine. Slugs do however give you the ability to shoot out to 150 or even 200 yards if you're good enough. Most people who are serious about shotguns will carry a few slugs with them for those just in case moments.
>ammo
Kevlar won't defeat a slug. It will however defeat buckshot that's true, but again, speaking home defense here... How many dindus will bring body armor with them? Either way, due to a higher spread, if the distance is right you'll probably shred their arms or get a pellet to the head if you aim center mass with buckshot. Or your chances of scoring a headshot significantly increase due to bullet spread if you aim for their head. (Same with legs and pelvic region). Kevlar can only do so much, and against a shotgun which I'll assume you'll shoot at your target until it stops moving, it probably won't take more than two or three shots.

Anons, in a buying dilemma here. Should I buy mossberg 930 or beretta 1301?

>mossberg
>can buy or3gun stuff to increase reliability
>only got pistol grip stock aftermarket
>softer recoil
>bigger capacity out of the box
>cheaper so i can buy more ammo

>beretta
>cycles faster but kicks harder
>reliable out of the box
>has pistol grip stock, magpul SGA stock, and its own stock has adjustable LOP
>lower capacity even when upgraded
>more expensive

Am I missing something? What to pick?

Attached: 9f62937a92cba807b0c139b95fd01956.jpg (234x171, 9K)

I have a Mesa Tactical steel +4 side saddle for my 870 and I love it, if you install the stiffer white rubber shell stopper on install you won’t have a problem, if you feel it could be tighter, just keep it unloaded for a bit, the rubber will re-expand, and it’s all good.

Never had it drop shells.

what do you want it for? competition? hunting? you keep mentioning upgrades but upgrades for the sake of upgrades is dumb. capacity isnt everything. if this is a hunting gun who cares its getting blocked to 2. if its a hd gun and your worried about capacity why are you using a shotgun. if its for some form of comp where you need an extremly high roundcount then you want capacity. if its just for fucking around you dont want a stupid tubesticking a foot past the barrel..

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking but you just go to wal mart, get some velco tape and tape the fuzzy side to the shotgun. I've had a piece of that velcro stuck on my hunting shotgun for 4 years. Before that it had a different velcro strip for 3 years that I replaced only because I got bigger cards. The finish on every other part of the gun is damaged but its fine under the glue. Think about a wall that has had a picture frame on it for years or the tile under your fridge.

Hello frens,
Fun Fact: the 18.5in 590 and 590a1 can use 835 barrels if you ever want to have a do it all gun

You got it from cabela’s, didn’t you?

I own an 18 inch with ghost ring sights. I legitimately believe it's the best pump shotgun on the market.

possibly

not that user, but they have them here
dsgarms.com/trade-ins-dsg-7000-0024

I have a Mesa on my 870 and it hasn't lost retention. You can just replace the strip of rubber, the only downside being you have to take the saddle off to do that. They're fine, if I bit heavy compared to a velcro setup. And really, most velcro on ones will cause the shells to slip out while firing in my experience.

Attached: 53672323_128016488309298_7381073441169047249_n.jpg (1080x1255, 91K)

Hell yes it’s worth 200. Or just tell me where it is and I’ll come get it. I can add it to the slam fire collection.

Attached: E6E80658-2900-4752-9AE5-E56FD922F97D.jpg (2048x1536, 700K)

Noted for future use.

Velcro adhesive won't fuck your finish unless maybe a remlin if they are still trash

Level IIIa stops slugs retard.

Just finished this sbs project. 9/10 used wingmaster magnum w/30" barrel, new polished blue 14" barrel, gg&g sling mounts, garand sling.

Attached: wingmaster_mag_sbs.jpg (4032x1657, 1.54M)

Correct, but it's still going to put you in a world of hurt.
blog.suarezinternational.com/2018/04/stakeout-12-ga-versus-level-iiia-vest.html

Mostly for HD. I mention capacity since beretta out of the factory has 5+1 compared to mossberg (8+1). Will need a nordic component to make the beretta 7+1.

I mention stocks since LOP issues with standard stock. It comes down to having magpul SGA (beretta only) or mesa tac pistol grip (both can have it).

So...

>mossberg 930, slap the stock, be done with it. Buy the spacer tube if it aint feeding.

>beretta 1301, more expensive, but more reliable and has magpul stock

I don't have either, but my research indicates the Beretta 1301 is more reliable and that's the semi I'll buy for myself.

Sexy

Just recently I had the chance to handle a supernova and a 590 and the difference was night and day, I'd much much much rather have the benelli, so much slicker.

ooof that's cool. semiauto mag-fed shotty with a bayonet fixed checks all my boxes

I recently bought a new Maverick 88, no rounds through it, and while taking off the barrel so I could slip out the wooden dowel in the mag tube and now the follower is jammed stuck and I can't load any shells. First time shotgun owner here, did I fuck something obvious up or is my gun just shit?

I'm a leaf and I deeply regret getting rid of my 14" Supernova. I traded up for an M4 Super90, which is cool, but not 4x the price cool.

I think it's very much a situational thing.
I'm not disagreeing, I'd take a modern service rifle 10/10. But if its a fight in an alley or a city block I wouldn't feel horrible about fighting with a shotgun.

shake it till the dowel falls out

>tfw I cannot find a mossberg maverick 88 for >200$

Attached: 13C1AAFE-03AD-4037-B25A-10EF86C4E52E.jpg (480x360, 16K)

The dowel is already completely out and intact, that was easy to remove the follower was just jammed on reassembly when it wasnt before.

Attached: topfolder.jpg (2624x1136, 748K)

side saddle, on a shot gun? might as well ride side saddle on a bike you faggot.
real men flip it up

Attached: IMG_3505.jpg (3212x1566, 818K)

Attached: 1554312990673.jpg (587x341, 28K)

Is the spring stuck on something? Have you tried taking out the spring and just shaking the gun until the follower drops out?

i don't own a shotgun, but i think i should

a benelli sounds nice

Attached: 6opu6Gs.jpg (500x500, 33K)

Nifty setup. How heavily does it see use? I'm interested in the Mesa but have heard that it can cause extra wear and potentially strip the receiver. Sounds like improper installation to me, but it would be neat to hear from someone else.

I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find anything to complain about with a Benelli shotgun, possibly excepting their 828U.
I have the M2, and it works like a charm. Well, once I got the cheek riser for it at least, since I'm too prissy to ghetto rig a higher comb with a piece of styrofoam and some duct tape - The issue being that I couldn't point it properly with a cheek weld because of my deformed face, even with the included shims. The gel comb riser was a bit steep in price, but eh, like, whatever.
If you get the wood stock models, it's hardly any work to make a height-adjustable comb, though.

Attached: Nelly.jpg (1974x582, 376K)

>I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find anything to complain about with a Benelli shotgun

There's always something. Like if you get an M3, the slide doesn't lock when a round is chambered, so you can pull it out of battery before you shoot. Most pumps don't have that. But that's simply because it's both a pump and a semi at the same time.

Benellis also tend to be a pain to switch magazine tubes on for different lengths. Especially if you want to go shorter.

>Benellis also tend to be a pain to switch magazine tubes on for different lengths. Especially if you want to go shorter.
Really? Do you mean picking out the whole thing and replacing it with another, as opposed to fitting an extension? I'm genuinely curious, does that offer any advantage over using an extension (in the case of switching magazine tube for a longer one), or just using a stick or something to reduce the capacity?
The one in my photo is the 24'' barrel one, and came with a 3-round magazine, if that has anything to say.

That's what I'm guessing it is at this point, only downside is the magazine tube threads are loctited in so I'd need to either take it to a gunsmith or heat that shit up myself to get it loosened. So much work for a cheap shotgun, fuck me

If you want to go from say a 20" M3 Tactical to a 14.5" barrel, without having your magazine tube sticking out, you have to change the entire tube. I believe it's brazed in place, so generally it's something you'd let a gunsmith do. Some people do it themselves ofc.

Attached: Benelli-m3-tactical-12.png (2000x600, 357K)

Oh, I suppose I could see that being an issue. Thanks for clearing it up, brother.

get a coat hanger and poke it from both sides

No Wal-Mart's around?

Never mind, I literally just slammed the buttstock against the ground a few times then kept ramming dummy shells up against the follower until it unjammed itself. Lucky me I guess!

sounds like it's too good to be true. Are you sure both of those are in good order?

don't forget that if you go for the Beretta 1301 then you HAVE to get that bolt release replaced if you plan on using it for competition or HD/tactical applications.

I believe luckygunner has a video on it

I haven't taken them shooting yet, but the shotgun seems almost new. The .22 does seem questionable but it's not a loss if it turns out to not work.

Attached: 65876729_1211621229011314_338478542872379392_n.jpg (732x960, 95K)

I was curious about slugs in m2
Most are hotter and i was worried if there would be any problems with cycling due to spring stiffnes (both mag tube and the inertia).
Also what about rust and wear and tear, do you have any problems and do you take any precautions?

>having your magazine tube sticking out
they still work that way

Attached: remington-sgu-cc23850c-1__52531.1518464632.jpg (1280x369, 20K)

the mossberg alone is worth 300 bucks, you did well user

>slugs
Haven't tried, sorry. I don't have anything but birds to use them on here, and in the event of unannounced wealth distribution in the dark hours of the night I don't have anything tougher than no. 3 40 g loads to deal with it with. FWIW, it's dealt admirably with 3'' 52 g loads, which admittedly work well, but I tend to avoid - the recoil is just a bit too unpleasant to deal with over time. If you leave the gun as it is, it's a fairly light gun.
>rust, wear and tear
Absolutely no complaints from me! This is my second year owning it, and I use it for seabird hunting at sea, hunting from open shelters in pouring rain, and it survived the thick smoke from when my house burned - thick, greasy smoke which legit fucked up the bluing on some of my other guns. Gave it a few minutes of love with an oiled rag, and it was good as new. It has a few scratches from being propped against a rock in the blinds, but nothing really deep or severe. As long as you give it a bit of regular care within a few days of using it, it'll be fine.
And by "regular care", I mean giving it a rub down with an oiled paper towel (taking special care with the holes in the rib, in which I use oiled Q-tips) and shoving a few patches through the barrel.

Good luck surviving that. Can your small brain even begin to comprehend the deformation? They'll have to dig out the Kevlar from inside your ribs.

Yeah that's a deal. The furniture might be worth $200

>slam fire collection
Speaking of, I've been meaning to see if I can't get my hands on one of those. Gotta figure out how to identify which ones slam without handling them, though.

where's a good place to get an 870P?

Serial number or manufacture year. I think that it's up to '76 you can slamfire.

Attached: 1436786750193.jpg (622x800, 48K)