Best Boot Socks for SHTF?

anyone

Attached: fb51e06c-8b92-406f-8803-6fb2c84ada00.jpg (513x588, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b1_9fK3n3VM
thorlo.com/socks/mb/504
youtu.be/3DGtHMZX8gc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

green ones

Portyankis.

I want to see a girl in these and do sweaty stinky yoga

nah

Attached: 1557621128132.jpg (530x661, 84K)

>socks
If you're serious about SHTF you'll learn how to wear footwraps correctly.

>footwraps

shut the fuck up

If you learn how to wear footwraps correctly now you won't need to worry about socks getting holes in them when it happens. Just cut up a cotton shirt and you have new socks that are guaranteed to fit comfortably.

or just buy a lot of socks

The best shtf socks? Is lots of fucking socks, like 5 packs of 20 or more
The more socks the better, as long as they arent ultra thin you win

>carrying several pairs of socks instead of extra chest seals
You're not very good at this whole SHTF thing.

>extra chest seals

do you expect to be shot every day?

Wool. Wool is the best fabric. It’s cool in hot temperatures and warm in cold temperatures, it’s durable, it’s naturally antimicrobial, and it’s excellent at absorbing moisture while still retaining its temperature holding capabilities.

It’s far superior to cotton and well worth the slightly higher cost.

i jack off to girls wearing socks. based or cringe?

Wool socks, I love Darntough and Smartwool.

Polyester is ok but if you don't plan on washing them they will smell horrible.

Based and cringepilled

>If you're serious about SHTF you'll learn how to wear footwraps correctly.
this. Footwraps are vastly superior to socks. and soldiers prefer them to socks.
segmented toes is the worst idea ever. can't believe someone would actually wear that shit inside shoes.

Attached: 1553773355333.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

I thought you guys were operators???

You don't know about Fox River socks???

she needs higher poundage

Is this the feet thread?
youtube.com/watch?v=b1_9fK3n3VM

>Darntough
My man. Once I left polyester socks I’ll never go back. My feet smell rancid anytime I wore polyester socks and with the wool darntough they don’t smell at all. I cannot recommend them enough.

Attached: 1553985425112.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

If you need a chest seal you're gonna die, bud.

I want to eat their socks

I didn't know I had this fetish until today, thanks user.

Back on topic, has anybody ever worn wool toe socks like in OPs pic? I get weird blisters and callouses all over my toes, the tops, sides, tips, usually it's my big toe and little toe. Wondering if wool toe socks could help prevent these oddly-placed blisters?

And yes, the boots I wear are well broken-in and very comfortable, I wear wool socks and I get the same blisters from all of my boots and sometimes regular shoes in the same places. My feet sweat a lot but I use medicated foot powder inside my socks and I usually never get blisters on my heels, ankles or arches unless I go all day without socks on laundry day.

Attached: Aaa.jpg (1024x768, 85K)

Are these like hand gloves?

This. Jalkarätit FTW!

Attached: jalkarätin kokoamisohjeet.jpg (900x469, 130K)

Attached: programming_socks.png (1211x773, 402K)

Good thread.
Just got a pair of desert military boots, what's best sock for them. Don't want them to stink up with fake fabrics. Isn't wool hot

Attached: enhanced-buzz-23420-1335559151-1.jpg (625x421, 148K)

SHTF meaning your going out in a woods and these are the only socks you have for a while...
Wool gets wet and heavy, the military uses a poly type sock that's antibacterial

Attached: 1359261456203.gif (374x276, 1.92M)

These are what I found to be the best all-around sock for infantry work after a lot of experimentation.

thorlo.com/socks/mb/504

I just bought another 14 pairs to replace the ones that I used in the Marine Corps.

>t. neverserved

Darn Tough

>thorlo.com/socks/mb/504
thanks nigga

Attached: 1502957028207.jpg (640x960, 113K)

I'd also recommend black so that they can be worn with pretty much anything. They are virtually the only sock that I use anymore. One of the best discoveries I've ever made.

>Wool. Wool is the best fabric. It’s cool in hot temperatures
No the fuck it's not. WTF???

do they stink like some ppl are saying about poly materials? That's one reason I will never buy another pair of moderately cheap sneakers, after two week they smell like a sewer treatment facility! Disgusting Chinese products!

Attached: 1561373141324.jpg (750x750, 68K)

The acrylic doesn't stink. They also dry out pretty quickly, so you can re-use them in the field if they get soaked.

>soldiers prefer them to socks.
I'm a soldier and I prefer socks. Way to talk out of your ass, dickwad

all the soldiers in his head told him

Attached: 1555088523254.jpg (630x507, 83K)

hot

Attached: 1561983074113.jpg (300x300, 13K)

Just get some decent merino wool in different densities.

>soldiers prefer them to socks.
You clearly know no soldiers.

>Footwraps are vastly superior to socks
How do people form these stupid opinions? Seriously why do you think this?

Attached: 1252954018328_1.jpg (206x242, 19K)

Fat neckbeards who want to be unique

That can't be it, he has to have some stupid fucking reason in his stupid fucking head. I get liking old stuff, I do. All the furniture in my home is wood and metal I restored from 2nd hand stuff. I play vinyl records, cassette tapes, and CDs still. I also get stupid shit, sometimes I run barefoot. I think steve jobs was a thieving hack and bill gates should be punished for crimes against free software. We all have contrary (or stupid) opinions. We're human after all.

But I can't figure out why someone would use a clearly antiquated system with a plethora of flaws, and call it superior. There is no logic to follow.

Attached: 1277364690506.png (1280x720, 318K)

I wear Canadian military surplus wool blend socks. They're nice and warm in the winter and you can barely tell when you're wearing wet ones until you take them off. They also have a nice cushion to them. Only problem is if you wear them a lot they get a little stiffer. No itch but they're not very cool in the heat, but who cares?

What are a good pair for the desert

Attached: 1359158599692.jpg (569x454, 70K)

Literally any answer besides Darntough or Smartwool is wrong, stupid cucks go walk 30 clicks in 120lb of kit and see how your fucking nigger tier footwraps or Kike cotton socks are

Also
Darntough > Smartwool

Imagine the smell.

Attached: JUST.jpg (549x550, 34K)

Nigger commie Ivan stop with the fucking rag foot wrap commie bullshit. We are Amercian capitalist manufacturing sock Gods don't try to poison us with your commie rag wrap settle for scraps brainwashing attempts I am impervious to your filthy ways

>120lb of kit
Outside of medics and MI nerds who carry all those comms no one actually does that. And their knees rarely last. If as a civilian you are carrying more than 30lbs you are doing it very wrong.

Darn tough are the best fucking socks made! Love me some wool. Lifetime warranty

Socks with toes are way better for feet, they prevent a lot of sweat between the toes.

>segmented toes is the worst idea ever. can't believe someone would actually wear that shit inside shoes.
I never wear anything else.

>Back on topic, has anybody ever worn wool toe socks like in OPs pic? I get weird blisters and callouses all over my toes, the tops, sides, tips, usually it's my big toe and little toe. Wondering if wool toe socks could help prevent these oddly-placed blisters?
Maybe, do you get the blisters on the outside or inside of those toes?
If you're getting blisters from wool socks on broken in shoes, it might be due to new/thick insoles but it could be that the sock is stretching or twisting and the weave separates a bit and the strands are rubbing. I've ahd that happen.

I used to have sweaty feet a lot but I wear bamboo fibre toe socks nearly every day now and it basically solved it completely.

Why is lifetime warrenty relevant in a shtf thread?

I mean, it's better than no socks at all...

if you inna pacific northwest or generally anywhere that gets cold and wet, consider some marino wool socks

>Socks
>for SHTF
Hahahahahahahaha, get a load of this idiot.
This.

Attached: motorola cup original.jpg (212x201, 19K)

Harden your soles so you can go barefoot. Problem solved.

I was going to post a link to wigwam socks because they really helped me overcome foot pain when I was fatter and on my feet s lot, but-
The website is full of silly looking randomly colored socks now, and I wonder if there quality has gone down.
Anyway the basic wool hiking socks they had at my local "army surplus store" were great, even worth the price, but I'm not sure that's still true.

Also the "army surplus" is basically a couple of extra small mismatched Slav uniform pieces. The rest is chink prepping shit.

>Lifetime warranty
How does that work? I have some that are getting some thin spots, if they get worse, can I just send them back and get new ones?

yep. I've done it a few times. You fill out a form from darn tough, mail em off, and get a new pair

Wool is a breathable fabric that dries easily, may not be the most ideal but it is sufficient for survival purposes

Thigh highs is the only anwser

>this. Footwraps are vastly superior to socks. and soldiers prefer them to socks.
Name one soldier you know who uses these

darn tough makes some good sock for that.

>not using socks and tampons to seal your gaping chest wound
if you can't improvise you'll never survive

>tampons
Should those tampons be new or used?

the blood makes you stronger, user. you'll gain compatibility with other blood types the more you expose your gaping wounds to them.

Does that work for helmet too?

Yes, you should hit your head on the concrete every day, so that your head hardens and soon you don't need a helmet anymore.

wool doesn't get heavy like cotton when wet, dries fast, also merinos wool has anti-bacterial properties... wool is pretty good for SHTF

Thick wool socks are the best. Wore them exclusively when in the army. In the 30c heat they drained the sweat away from the foot into the boot and in -30c they were warm as shit. They dont collect water, dry fast and keep you from getting blisters. Dont cheap out on your boots and socks, if you fuck your feet up you are immediately combat ineffective

thanks nigga

good socks last you ages, i wore the same 5 pairs for almost a year, dont cheap out on them, get the best you can. Bad feet are a major concern

I just remembered, there was that Lindybeige video where he says wear two pair of socks or something
youtu.be/3DGtHMZX8gc

its actually quite clever to wear thin nylon socks and put a heavy duty wool one over it. Other than that generally dont trust what that faggot says, he spews shit worse than my asshole

long story short. Wear a pair of business socks under your wool socks. Fine, but I live in the hot as fuck desert!

Attached: dfzfDn8.gif (643x539, 1.96M)

>I live in the hot as fuck desert!
are you nigger?

Not arguing, just curious, what does he say that you disagree with? He is a kinda know-it-all blowhard. I can see why you might say that.

this
no seriously, shut the fuck up and get some fucking wool socks you hippie ass weirdo

>customers also bought

Gets me every time. What about pic related?

Attached: download_20190416_130628.png (681x768, 384K)

Watch as his attention is distracted in that video to his right. You can tell he is a low life scumbag right there by his facial expression

Attached: 430f88e96260070bae263d9eb297dff5d7fe58989b245785ab89449824c0265e.png (374x438, 177K)

Weak

>He claims that the MG42 is so inaccurate it cannot hit a person lying down at 80 yards and it cannot be used in cover groups in flanking attacks since it is so wildly inaccurate
>He claims that modern firearms dont make troops more effective since muskets had 1 in 10 bullets kill an enemy yet it takes on average 10 000 bullets from modern firearm to kill a target (he made an almost hour long video with this being his central point)
>he compares the BREN to MG42 as if they are at all comparable
>he claims the MG34 and 42 are essentially the same weapon
>he thinks artillery actually doesnt kill people even though up to 80-90% of combat losses are from artillery
>he thinks HEAT charges melt through armor
Off the top of my head. Basically he has a very weak understanding about modern combat yet makes 30+ minute long videos about aspects of it where he gets big stuff wrong and comes up with a conclusion based on wild speculation while serving it as concrete evidence. He mostly doesnt know what the fuck he is talking about but pretends he does. He thinks that his experience with live action roleplay, tabletop games and war books makes him an expert in warfare.

RIP one hell of a guy to watch work.

I dunno about the doomsday prepper scenario but most comfortable boot socks are ski socks. The modern thin ones. Individual toes like that is just asking for blisters.

>seriously replying to the bait
Jow Forums is the lowest IQ board, change my mind

I remember seeing a video of a bunch of Brits in the FFL doing something similar.

Yeah, I had forgotten about that, but he's British, what do you expect him to know about firearms? Man didn't fire a gun until his 40's. And I don't remember that hour long video being about that, it was kind of click bait but the video itself made sense if I recall.

what?

If you dont know shit about firearms then dont make videos claiming a bunch of nonsense. I dont go around making videos on quantum mechanics because i dont fucking understand them, but this faggot just reads some semi fictional books and thinks his an expert whose opinion is the only acceptable truth. He got BTFO by his own fanbase and people like Military History Visualised and Forgotten Weapons who are both experts at what they do told him he was wrong and he still stood behind his bullshit spandau autism video even making a follow up calling the people who called him out "fan-boys" and comparing them to katana tards

im unironically convinced that Jow Forums is at very least one of the lowest IQ boards on here, the massive amounts of bullshit and retarded conspiracy theories you hear here are nothing like i have ever seen before

larper retard doesnt even own a pair

I really like REI Mid weight hiking socks, and would recommend them if you could get them on sale.

>varusteleka
Based iso mies

>REI
Antigun trash

rei is overpriced larper shit to scam college kids and boomers who want to bond with their kids. Just get wool socks, bamboo socks, and/or surplus GI socks.